Forum › Kyou Kara Yonshimai discussion

New%20pic2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I like this manga, and I think it's because it is stupid. I don't get it, but thats how I feel

joined Mar 23, 2013

I'm suddenly reminded of zoros back-story in one piece, back when that manga was good it did a "girls can be strong too" message that even though it ended in tragedy still worked and was well written, there are plenty of other better examples in my head now i have started to write this but that was the first one that came to mind, the author has so much material to work with and instead he decides to ignore past success from other manga and write it in a completely awkward and nonsensical way

Then she died falling down the stairs lol. I don't think I've ever seen a death like that in any manga I've read aside grandparents.

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

Now it feels like it's going down a dark-ish path.

joined Feb 23, 2013

What's the point of writing a manga focused on gender identity and possibly sexual orientation if all of a sudden you just go and fall into the same old gender stereotypes?

Are you talking about the scene where Uozumi is shown to be stronger? Testosterone will do that. Though I don't know if Kashiwa is on hormones yet...

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Is that all for now? I know the next chapters are going to be bad but at least the reactions in the comment sections are going to make up for it...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Is that all for now? I know the next chapters are going to be bad but at least the reactions in the comment sections are going to make up for it...

From the release post:

"Finally, we've made it to the end of volume 2 of Kyou Kara Yonshimai with chapter 10. Currently, chapter 11 was published in Comic Birz last month, so we're basically all caught up for now. The earliest volume 3 will be released should be either January or February, so we'll be returning to this series come early next year."

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wonder if the author realizes that he keeps making Uozumi to be more and more unlikeable every time he appears, or if he has this fantasy of him being a misunderstood good guy.

joined Oct 5, 2014

Didn't this have a yuri tag before?

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Didn't this have a yuri tag before?

The individual chapter it relates to does yes.

joined Dec 1, 2014

People here are hating on Uozumi so hard, but I really thought what he said and did in Chapter 10 was adorable and made me like him. It redeemed him being shitty for the past 9 chapters.

Bleach_589___giselle_gewelle_alux-d7quz%20(1)
joined Dec 2, 2014

I think the hate on Uozumi is ill-founded. I can totally unterstand why people hates him. The mangaka(s?) showed us Kashiwa as a lesbian trans girl in a relationship with another girl, Kujirai. She also has a lot better presence than Uozumi and is far more likebal. Uozumi looks often like a big jerk and sometimes he's kinda stupid, but I think he's a jerk with a heart of gold. I think his feelings for Kashiwa makes him likebal. he loves Kashiwa despite her biological gender, from the beginning he saw her as a real woman. That's a honorable attitude. The problem is not that he's in love with Kashiwa, the problem is not that Kashiwa begins to like Uozumi (which is kind of unterstandable, after he's one of the first persons who recognize him completely as a girl), the problem is that it looks like the mangaka wants to pair Uozumi and Kashiwa and the let her choose him over his girlfriend Kujirai, bend her into a heterosexual woman. That's the big problem and i think that's the true reason why the the people hates him, because the author builds him more and more up into a full and superior love-interest. And that kinda sucks, it has the shitty taste of cure your gays. It would be one thing if Kashiwa would have been introduced as a heterosexual girl from the beginning, but to show her in a lesbian relationship and then let her decide to pair up with a men whould be just disrespectful against every real lesbian trans girls who must fight against the whole world to be accepted as both, girls and lesbians, despite been born in a mans body and it would, especially if it is potrayed as happy end, a example of the worst possible ways to end yuri-content in a manga. I'm still hoping (and yes, praying to Jesus in heaven), that the mangaka DOESN't ship Uozumi and Kashiwa, but let Kashiwa be a lesbian and Kashiwa and Kujirai stay as a couple. It would be a better ending if the crush on Kashiwa would Uozumi let grown into a more mature and sensitive person and he would pair up with Sakura.

Also, sorry for the bad grammar and spelling, my first language is german and it's now a couple of years since the english lessons in school^^

last edited at Dec 4, 2014 1:06AM

joined May 11, 2014

I'd just like to say the whole "Male > Female" debate is general at best. It really boils down to the individual. Chances are slim but it can exist that a Female by default could be stronger than a Male at a base physical level.

It's kind of odd that someone would flat out go "Psh, Male > Female Period." because isn't that just disregarding all variables? No I don't mean the ever prevalent Super Powered Females you see in stories these days.

What I'm trying to say is, just like you can be born in a male body and be 'Female' and vice versa, so can you be born with a body that's stronger than usual by default male or female. So saying "Male > Female" is ALMOST like saying Females(and any variation thereof) are weak simply because they're female.

Bleach_589___giselle_gewelle_alux-d7quz%20(1)
joined Dec 2, 2014

I'd just like to say the whole "Male > Female" debate is general at best. It really boils down to the individual. Chances are slim but it can exist that a Female by default could be stronger than a Male at a base physical level.

It's kind of odd that someone would flat out go "Psh, Male > Female Period." because isn't that just disregarding all variables? No I don't mean the ever prevalent Super Powered Females you see in stories these days.

What I'm trying to say is, just like you can be born in a male body and be 'Female' and vice versa, so can you be born with a body that's stronger than usual by default male or female. So saying "Male > Female" is ALMOST like saying Females(and any variation thereof) are weak simply because they're female.

Ah, yes that was really stupid. Maybe we germans are just differend, but in my classes back in school there where a lot girls who where stronger than me and many other boys. My ex-girlfriend was stronger than me, also a few female friends i had. Kashiwa may be a girl in inside, but she has the physical body of a man, so it is just luck that Uozumi is stronger than her.

joined May 3, 2014

so for any other problem i just drop the manga at chpter 7 :3 it's cute just to know that Kashiwa is in a relationshipe with a girl and they will stay that way....also just reading all the comments made me realise that this manga isn't so good after all :/ one reasone is that Kashiwa is a Lesbian and i FUKING Hate it if she goes for a man at the end .......that's way i like yuri :3 Het isn't for me at all i will had liked if a character is Het then will switch to Lesbian :3 ,plus she is in a relationship with a girl changing from Lesbian to het it's the most bump thing to do......

joined Oct 5, 2014

Apparently volume 3 recently came out.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Which means that after it is purchased, shipped, debound, scanned, translated, typeset, and quality checked we will have it on the reader.

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

Oh, it's one of those manga where almost every character is insufferable. Cool.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Oh, it's one of those manga where almost every character is insufferable. Cool.

I want that punch that cheating sister so badly...

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

"We'll have to break up eventually..."

Oh fuck don't even go there.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kind of debating whether to pick up reading when it finally resumes. So far, it's got a habit of annoying me more every chapter, so there's sort of a car-wreck fascination going on.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Well at least my fear of Kashiwa ending up with Uozumi is calmed (for now, cause things don't seem set in stone in this series at all).. but I've also lost some faith in Kasumi so I'm heartbroken, I thought their relationship was a good one.

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

Reading this manga makes me feel like giving everyone in this story a punch in the face.

1111111111111111111111aaaaaaaaaaa
joined Apr 4, 2014

Well I don't know, but does a person need to make something that people would like? I'm not so sure the answer is yes, that person is not creating something for you. He/she is first and foremost doing it for him/herself.

This wasn't self published, so yes, the mangaka were writing and drawing something they thought people would like, and then the editors decided it was indeed something people would like. Kizuki and Satou are literally creating something for everyone that reads it.

1111111111111111111111aaaaaaaaaaa
joined Apr 4, 2014

Going back and skimming through the older chapters, Botan often has this "I am so done" expression.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Christ. Well. Not sure where to even start with this. Um... Uozumi's bullshit finally makes some sense. He's still dumb and I don't like him as a person, but he's fine as a clumsy idiot who sincerely makes terrible decisions and really needs some impulse control. I can accept him as a character.

Botan... I think I get where she was coming from? She didn't care about being in a good relationship or being a good person or having a good future. More specifically, I don't think she even felt like any of that was truly attainable, with the kind of life she had. She sacrificed a lot for her family, and felt like she would have to keep on making those sacrifices indefinitely. Her affair with her boss wasn't great, but it was the only thing she had in her life where she didn't have to be all grown up and responsible for someone else. She could just relax and let herself be spoiled for a little while, in secret, disconnected from all the pressure outside. When Kashiwa and the others intervened (or, more frankly, when her twisted little sanctuary was inevitably crushed under the weight of reality) I don't think she felt heartbroken, exactly, or even particularly betrayed. I really got a sense of "Oh, so I can't even have this much? I've given up all my hopes and desires to support my family, but I'm not even allowed this dirty little fragment of relief for myself? What's the point of this, exactly? Of any of it?"

I get why she wanted to leave. When it just seems normal for life to be that heavy, it's really easy to start looking at things in an all-or-nothing sort of way. I hope she can reach some sort of reconciliation, with her sisters and with herself. They took her for granted, definitely, but I feel like a lot of the pressure came from her own desperate effort to take on all of the sacrifices herself, so the others wouldn't feel any of the burden left by their parents. Really noble, but just too much for a single person to endure unscathed, least of all someone so young.

Kashiwa, well. Kashiwa hits too close to home for me to say anything about what she's going through. Just... Yeah. Yeah...

last edited at Feb 12, 2015 6:35PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.