Forum › Our Journey to Lesbian Motherhood discussion

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

drhelsing posted:

Because, realistically IT IS a parenthood lawsuit waiting to happen. And at the end they will have NO ONE but themselves to blame for coming up with such a dumbass idea.

Nah, you're just at an extremely impressive (in a bad way) level of pessimism and cynicism.

joined May 24, 2014

Nah, you're just at an extremely impressive (in a bad way) level of pessimism and cynicism.

Aw, thank you. It might be a bleak misery pit but it's MY misery pit

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Donor relations are tough stuff, and I don't think it's a good idea to pretend that bad things(tm) can't happen.

But frankly I wouldn't know enough about the Japanese legal situation to really judge anything. It seems there's a very strong bias towards custody by mothers though (there's no joint custody I think?), so in this particular case they might have pretty much all the power anyway.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

The state in the USA where i live has been known to sue the sperm donor for child support when the mother needed public assistance.

last edited at Dec 27, 2017 6:49PM

joined May 24, 2014

But frankly I wouldn't know enough about the Japanese legal situation to really judge anything. It seems there's a very strong bias towards custody by mothers though (there's no joint custody I think?), so in this particular case they might have pretty much all the power anyway.

Anywhere else they would, but they're in japan and I dun think the system would side with the mothers there

joined Nov 14, 2013

Sad news: Real life Koyuki and Hiroko have split after 6 year relationship

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 5:29PM

joined May 24, 2014

Sad news: Real like Koyuki and Hiroko have split after 6 year relationship

Well, so much for a happy ending!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

They even released a statement. From what I gather it basically says that they just changed over time and their relationship as wives didn't fit anymore, but that they'll continue to work together as friends.

Going by "stereotypes", I suppose I'm not surprised that when you put your relationship in such a public spotlight the strain might become too large for it survive (but of course that might be entirely unrelated, who knows).

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Nuu, and this happened a few days ago! T.T d'aw.
The same thing happened in Mexico now thag I remember, the first gay couple who got legally married later divorced.
One of the guys said " Well, hopefully this will also show people thay we are no better than straight people, we are the same as you and our marriages can fail too"

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

So I take it they never had the kid

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Good reason to drop this manga;)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Good reason to drop this manga;)

According to the table of contents, all that's left is a 4-page epilogue and a message to their possible future child.

Honestly, this is a snapshot in time of this couple focusing on the process of deciding to have a child as lesbians in Japan and the process of making arrangements. What's happened years later really has nothing to do with it.

joined May 24, 2014

Why did it happened?

Because it happens

Roll the bones

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Honestly, this is a snapshot in time of this couple focusing on the process of deciding to have a child as lesbians in Japan and the process of making arrangements. What's happened years later really has nothing to do with it.

I agree. We can respect the content of this manga without seeking out drama years in the future. It sounds like the break-up was amicable and I'm sure, if they did have this child, it would grow up respected/loved regardless.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Those last few pages were beautiful. :)

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

God damn that was so beautiful.
Nothing like these warm feelings to make me forget how cold it is outside.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Awww how nice, and I didn't know who the author was, even tho I did see pics of the Disney wedding, so cute! It was warm and nice, I don't want kiddos at all but I'm thrilled at how the movement is going forward, <3

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Because, realistically IT IS a parenthood lawsuit waiting to happen. And at the end they will have NO ONE but themselves to blame for coming up with such a dumbass idea.

It tends to happen only very rarely. Most donors, especially donors who have taken time to consider it who have talked with the mother about what donating means and doesn't mean, tend to be okay with the arrangement as it plays out. Most of the cases where custody is sued for involve a male donor related to the non-gestational mother and the mothers having gone through a rough breakup. I'm not saying there's a 0% chance, but from the looks of their arrangement, it's not likely. In the US, it's a bit different, we used a donor from a sperm bank because my wife would be considered the second parent by default, that's not an option in Japan.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

They split up? Damn.

One of the guys said " Well, hopefully this will also show people thay we are no better than straight people, we are the same as you and our marriages can fail too"

that was my next thought! Marriage is . . . not easy for a lot of people. As far as I can make out.

joined May 24, 2014

She loves being married to a woman?

Seeing what happened recently, the tittle should be "Lesbian divorce is a pain in the ass" XD, and I hope they are ready for that upcoming custody lawsuit!

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Meh trash

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

Oof, those letters hit me straight in the heart.
Relationships aren't easy in real life, how about we all step off? This manga was a snapshot into their love and relationship at the time, and even if it may have changed it doesn't mean they can't cherish the happiness they had together when they were romantically involved. It's the whole "breaking up is terrible" mindset that traps so many couples in an unhappy relationship- becoming friends isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

yuri-yaoi posted:

This manga was a snapshot into their love and relationship at the time, and even if it may have changed it doesn't mean they can't cherish the happiness they had together when they were romantically involved.

It'd be like saying Honey and Honey is bad since things didn't work out for them.

This is kinda sad to read though knowing how things turned out between them.

joined Oct 10, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/our_journey_to_lesbian_motherhood_ch05#4
Hehe, cow size.
Edit: Aw, what an inspiring manga.

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 6:48AM

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

This is kinda sad to read though knowing how things turned out between them.

What happened to them?
edit: Nvm, I just checked the earlier comments... I hope they be happy either way. They've been an inspiration to some many people

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 6:44AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.