Forum › Small Riddle of Evil discussion

joined Jan 8, 2014

The story part, I felt, was ambiguous like the series....I liked this one because of the art! ^_^

joined Feb 8, 2015

Sumireko reminds me of vegeta (saiyan pride). Given her physical condition she has an immense desire to become strong. After suffering her last defeat, she knows she still has a ways to go. Altho she takes the charm from mahiru, she will return it in the future. Until then she actually looks forward to 'training' with shinya at full strength as she tries to retrieve the charm.

Fortunately they both care about each other and shinya doesn't want to actually kill her. I doubt sumireko plans on dying and she is pretty durable so she should be fine. Hopefully they continue to grow closer each day. Glad Mahiru seems to be enjoying her maid life. It's interesting how sumireko said that when she does return the charm it will be a relic. I guess that implies its going to be a long time before that happens.

Also kumahiru is too cute! I wonder how long she kept those ears...

Secret%20agent%20maria
joined Jan 18, 2016

Aww yeah finally~!

Been waiting for Cosmic's YuriNio art since she tweeted the pic last year.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

It's interesting how sumireko said that when she does return the charm it will be a relic. I guess that implies its going to be a long time before that happens.

Well treating it as a bookend joke, you could read that one of two ways.

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

canon

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Really need to understand the untranslated pun on page 11. It wouldn't a big deal if the word "relic" did not appear again in the very-last-dialogue. Either some serious pun is going on... or there must be something wrong with my mind.

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

I have the feeling that this was a little bit shorter than the other stories, but maybe it's just me.

joined Apr 30, 2014

Hey could the mod compile these into their own series link?

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

^ I second this.

joined Apr 30, 2014

HOLD IT. Morishima screwed up the reflection on page 12.

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

from what i remember, in the anime at least, was that for the strap to be considered a "relic," the person has to be dead (haru never died after all)

so i assumed that when sumireko took it, it's because she wants mahiru/shinya to kill her -> while also getting stronger in the meantime -> while also getting mahiru to hate her. i doubt she'd just let herself die too

maybe i'm overthinking this, made more sense in my head

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

from what i remember, in the anime at least, was that for the strap to be considered a "relic," the person has to be dead (haru never died after all)

so i assumed that when sumireko took it, it's because she wants mahiru/shinya to kill her -> while also getting stronger in the meantime -> while also getting mahiru to hate her. i doubt she'd just let herself die too

maybe i'm overthinking this, made more sense in my head

I'm having a hard time trying to understand it as well...
Still, what you've said make sense.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As I understand it, a "relic" in Japanese terms refers to bone fragments left after a person has been cremated, or presumably a substitute for same in this case. Although the whole idea of having her take it back seems mainly to be an excuse to keep her in her life for as long as possible.

14691071_1841356816099777_6969853052067242903_n
joined Mar 10, 2016

You know, seeing these recent doujins actually working to give us more about the complexity of the characters it's really great, even the scene with the umbrella shows us the great pride Sumireko have.
Stealing the strap was both a way to make Mahiru come after Sumireko seriously to train and become stronger, and to keep her loved ones(both Mahiru and Shinya) by her side.
We have to recall that Mahiru is insane(remember, she's the pyschotic one, not Shinya), it's her character and it's exactly what Hanabusa loves the most about her, more likely this was the only way Hanabusa could think about to atract and interact with Banba eficciently(after all, it's freaking hard to talk with the easily scared Mahiru). Thats way i love so much this pairing, i consider Sumireko the character with the most interesting love out of all the pairings, she liked and loved Banba from start, not because she has a completely pure heart like Haru neither because she's noble and perfect like Chitaru, Sumireko takes a liking to both her good and bad traits, specially the bad ones, indentifying herself with someone who embraced insanity to survive alone in a hard and cruel world from a young age just like her, they have much in comon deep down there.
In a darker way, i see "I will return to you this strap, as a relic" implying someday Mahiru will kill Sumireko and takes it back, making it a relic from a dead one, but being realistic, neither Shinya and Mahiru really wants to kill her, neither they can, Sumireko is far too strong and exprienced for them. I agree with Proto1210, they will grown together as they days passes, it's not like Mahiru is a complete monster like Takechi, she can easily get over this "relic" stuff like in the anime while learning to get close and talk to people even without Shinya, and eventually loving Sumireko in the same way, when this happens, Sumireko will return the strap, as a relic, the treasured memories of their lives together.
If Ichinose Haru doens't need to be a lonely queen, Hanabusa Sumireko will see the doens't need to be one as well.

last edited at Feb 9, 2017 3:58PM

I embrace the canon yuriness so keep it coming! Preferably ma Isuke x Haruki >~<8

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Read this for a second time, I just fucking admire Minakata Sunao so much for her work expanding the Akuma No Riddle lore by assembling these Doujin's together. Each one is better then the last. Minakata is just continuously blowing my fucking mind.

joined Feb 1, 2017

I liked room 2.

joined Dec 9, 2016

I've talked with the translator, "advenge" was a typo. The actual word was supposed to be "avenge". So the girl Otoya killed was the person Shiena needed to avenge. But since she is now dead, Shiena is freed from her debt, since this girl probably had already avenged her. This is why Shiena "owes" a favor to Otoya.

This is also probably why Shiena went to Class Black. Since she can't repay her group, she decided to try to get a wish for them.

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

After two years, I just realize that the picture on page 6 belong to vivit gray (shinoasa)... The art style is so different...

joined Feb 23, 2018

Room 6 my fav Sumibanba!!!! Yes Shinya took over!!!

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Haruki is the type of girl to bring a date to Mcdonald’s but Isuke doesn’t really mind since shes there with her lover <3

Is this the last small riddle btw?

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Morishima-sensei! Cuteness!! Nio x Yuri!!! Perfect!!!!

last edited at Jul 11, 2018 9:35PM

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

I am willing to inject raw Nio x Yuri content straight into my veins. This just made my night, thank you so so much scanlators.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

after watching watching and reading Yōjo Senki eye brows like in picture 1 and 4 captivate me somehow.

joined Dec 13, 2013

NioYuri and Sumireko/Banba are by far the best couples. I used to like HaruI a lot in the beginning of the series bc I loved Isuke. After the manga was finished I just realized it wasn’t my cup of tea and most part was just hype bc more Isuke!!!!!

last edited at Jul 11, 2018 11:22PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.