Forum › Small Riddle of Evil discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Im asking if that short HitsugixChitaru scene from this doujin was canon.

I'd like to think so. We know that they lived, that they survived somehow, but we aren't given the specifics for what seemed like an irrefutable death scene, so it seemed like an ass pull to some. I think that with this doujin, we're offered a good explanation to how they made it (Chitaru didn't stab her as fatally as we thought, and Hitsugi was able to give her an antidote in time).
A lot of the short/extras are just for the sake of humour, but the few pages of that particular scene had a different mood, like it was written as a direct continuation of the end of their arc, like a "behind the scenes".

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

So weird seeing Akuma No Riddle in a moe art style it's not bad or anything just weird

Cjslpfhukaagkoe
joined Nov 11, 2015

I wonder how the OtoyaxShienya art book will look. I must say, that I was never a fan of this couple, but a story between them would be interesting.

Probably because they had like, no exposure as a ship. Otoya went out first and Shiena (lmao what's up with all these different spellings of her name) never had the chance to put up a fight, no backstory either. They're like, the two characters with the less screen time
I'm not a fan, but I don't mean it in a negative way, (in a neutral way) there's just nothing concrete about them, that would have even made ppl ship them, besides the roommate=ship logic of AnR.
When we'll see the next doujin, it'll likely make the ship more solid, Minakata will have the chance to fill in some blanks and details, like with HItsu/Chitaru's "death" scene

Their relationship is uh, interesting. Like here
http://triplezeroandapockerface.tumblr.com/post/148885683337/checking-out-preview-for-small-riddle-of-devil-5 and in the Drama CD. They are my second fav couple, only after HaruI!

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 2:53AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

What are you even talking about
And notice the quotation marks?

If it's a doujin, it isn't canon :P That's why it's called a doujin xD Unless it's specifically said by the author that it's canon. Also, it's not even the original artist that drew the scene here.

joined Sep 21, 2014

What are you even talking about
And notice the quotation marks?

If it's a doujin, it isn't canon :P That's why it's called a doujin xD Unless it's specifically said by the author that it's canon. Also, it's not even the original artist that drew the scene here.

Duuuude....

Minakata Sunao's art is pretty distinctive, I trust you can recognise it after some comparison with the original series

Also doujin = self published
Very often it's fanwork of existing series, but ofc we have artists releasing original work.
Each "Small Riddle of Evil" doujin has been released by Minakata Sunao (and sometimes Morishima) + fanart from other mangaka.
What's conflicting/ambiguous here, is that Minakata Sunao HAPPENS to be the actual artist of Akuma no Riddle, or something, releasing doujins of her own series, but it doesn't change that the original series is still a two person team.
A lot of the extras and shorts are quite jokingly written, and not to be taken seriously, but the discussed scene in particular had a different, more serious feeling to it, and actually adds to the event in the manga. It seems to me like it was meant to be taken seriously, extra narrative and information on what happened after the play.
I feel like, normally, if it was just one author, that the actual author is releasing doujins on their own series/pairings (and depending what the setting is I guess? Cus it could just be a long omake or something), it seems pretty canon. But from what I understand, it's ambiguous cus well, there are two authors. I wonder what Yun Kouga's take on it is, tho I can't imagine her being against it being canon, she probably reads the doujins, she contributed "guest artwork" for the doujins at least once

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 9:24PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

"But I don't plan to show anybody the scar's that tokaku left on me" "That's our secret" "First time I experienced such pain-"

Is she saying what I think she's saying ?

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

I wonder how the OtoyaxShienya art book will look. I must say, that I was never a fan of this couple, but a story between them would be interesting.

Probably because they had like, no exposure as a ship. Otoya went out first and Shiena (lmao what's up with all these different spellings of her name) never had the chance to put up a fight, no backstory either. They're like, the two characters with the less screen time
I'm not a fan, but I don't mean it in a negative way, (in a neutral way) there's just nothing concrete about them, that would have even made ppl ship them, besides the roommate=ship logic of AnR.
When we'll see the next doujin, it'll likely make the ship more solid, Minakata will have the chance to fill in some blanks and details, like with HItsu/Chitaru's "death" scene

I have the feeling that too much didn't got enough screen time as a couple, since Otoya was kicked out first.
I hope so too. It would be interesting to see a relationship between a (not-more)bullied girl and a psychopathic hardcore-lesbian sexual-serial-killer (Title of the year, I know).

Their relationship is uh, interesting. Like here
http://triplezeroandapockerface.tumblr.com/post/148885683337/checking-out-preview-for-small-riddle-of-devil-5 and in the Drama CD. They are my second fav couple, only after HaruI!

Well...this was kinda interesting...==Maybe this two will get into a S&M-relationship!!!!xD==
I really wonder how the art book will look. Now after seeing this, I cannot for this! :3

last edited at Oct 15, 2016 4:51PM

joined Jun 17, 2015

Nio draw a fanart of Nio!!

joined Jun 11, 2016

What ?

joined Sep 21, 2014

What ?

Lmao, and it was a quite clever/fun pun too
The YurixNio guest art is drawn by Nakatani Nio

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Such an amazing contrast between the first part with Morishima's art, it's all fluffy and adorable and then with Minakata's art which is all sharp, dark & edgy (and a little sexy too)

This was really really good. I wish we got more of this in the anime and I would of liked more backstory with Shiena. Like how she joined the organization. I just think she had a lot of potential as a character and got thrown away so quick.

joined Sep 9, 2016

Nice inadvertent Kabedon on page 6.

joined Jul 22, 2016

...Shiena-chan. Poor Shiena-chan. Congratulations, Shiena-chan finally got her own episode (kind of).

Takechi is wonderful. Hehe, distorted people like her are very amusing to read about. I'd like to see more of this ship in the future, but I doubt that I'll get to see more since it's not a particularly popular ship and AnR is pretty dead now as far as I know.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I don't know if i find Takechi's actions adorable or extremely creepy. Either way, its nice to see Minakata and Morishima giving every ship some love since we barely saw any in the actual AnR manga.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

You know, there is three gourgeus doujin of this three but only one scanlated

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

oh yeah i like this ship

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

You know, there is three gourgeus doujin of this three but only one scanlated

What pairings are the other two? please tell me Isuke x Haruki

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Not sure how much I can actually ship these two since they had such limited interactions in the anime. Was there more interaction in the manga or is this a because their roommates ship?

joined Jun 11, 2016

Christmas came early this year <3.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Not sure how much I can actually ship these two since they had such limited interactions in the anime. Was there more interaction in the manga or is this a because their roommates ship?

You haven't read the manga? Well, their interactions are limited as well, but at least they're shown to have more chemistry together in it. But they are shippable because they're roommates though

joined Jan 31, 2013

AAAAAAHHH!!!
Again these two in collaboration! And it's not just an artbook this time. Lovely!
I want more of Morishima's fluffiness. The contrast it creates with Minakata's unique sharp and dark style is a really nice touch.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 7:59PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Ah, interesting little side stories. This ship is pretty awks cus we've hardly seen of them, as well as the fear for Shiena's life when she's with Otoya, but it's nice to that her killer urges are shown to be a little bit more toned down when it involved Shiena. It makes the ship more comfortable for me, when I don't have to worry (or at least, worry less) about one person raping and murdering the other..

On a side note, "advenge" isn't a word. I'm not sure I get it either. If Shiena was to "avenge" this girl (therefore, get revenge on her behalf, since the girl helped Shiena with her own revenge it seems), and Otoya kills that girl, how does it lead to Shiena owing Otoya a favour? I'm not sure why killing the person one owes a favour to, leads to owing a favour to the murderer. It seems more to me that Shiena has to avenge that girl's death instead, since she got fucking killed and all. Idk what the girl wanted Shiena to initially do, but surely, whatever wrong was done to her, isn't greater than getting murdered

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

These art books are always amazing. What an amazing surprise-hats off to the scanlators, thank you! I can only imagine how much fun Sunao had while drawing these, fulfilling her fantasies about her ships

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 9:23PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I think Otoya doesn't want to kill Shiena because she is not very attracted to her.
She is literally a psycho, so not sure if she will ever be able to form a normal relationship anyway.

Also Minakata's art style is very good.

35c990f6-7c27-4620-972d-5aaee310af25-15976-00000b53e4662256
joined Jun 6, 2016

Ah, interesting little side stories. This ship is pretty awks cus we've hardly seen of them, as well as the fear for Shiena's life when she's with Otoya, but it's nice to that her killer urges are shown to be a little bit more toned down when it involved Shiena. It makes the ship more comfortable for me, when I don't have to worry (or at least, worry less) about one person raping and murdering the other..

On a side note, "advenge" isn't a word. I'm not sure I get it either. If Shiena was to "avenge" this girl (therefore, get revenge on her behalf, since the girl helped Shiena with her own revenge it seems), and Otoya kills that girl, how does it lead to Shiena owing Otoya a favour? I'm not sure why killing the person one owes a favour to, leads to owing a favour to the murderer. It seems more to me that Shiena has to avenge that girl's death instead, since she got fucking killed and all. Idk what the girl wanted Shiena to initially do, but surely, whatever wrong was done to her, isn't greater than getting murdered

I think "advenge" was a word that was used ages ago. Not too sure though

To reply you must either login or sign up.