Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

xphrnzrjh posted:

I actually disagree. Seol-a realized her feelings because of that accident- that is a huge progression! Immediately afterwords she flirted with No-rae all the time and looked for signs she felt the same.

She tried to flirt with No-rae from chapter 1, from the moment she met her. Just back then she didn't realize she had feelings for her. Plot wise nothing changed. They kept on just flirting. W/e Seal-A was aware of her feelings or not, they were doing exactly the same thing they did before accident. Spending time together.

And No-rae clearly tried to spend time with Seal-A and get closer, but then it was suggested she realized what she really feel for Seal-A and so... she kept her distance without explanation and we went back to no progress whatsoever. (Before accident)

Since around chapter 20 it felt like it is going downhill but after that car accident it really jumped the shark for me with how little was happening in each next chapter.

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 4:58PM

Photopictureresizer_160424_131930125-640x360
joined Jan 13, 2016

Why can't Seola just tell Norae how she feels? She is a lot prettier, more attractive, and smarter, so I would assume she has more confidence.

Doesn't matter how hot you are if the girl you like is not gay. :[

Now, I'm really curious how gay people get together with the ones they like if they are this afraid of speaking up their feelings to the ones they like like Seola and Norae. You never know if they one you like is gay or not. The one you like might also like you. I know it's not easy to just come out and say "I love you" to your friend, but wouldn't it be better to just come out and say it and be done with it or not say and just let it live in your heart if you are so afraid of the unknown. I have never been in love or want to be in love, so I am always curious about it and why do people go through all the pain for it. That's why I liked Enah's advice--either Seola clearly comes out and say it or just ignore it and continues as friends. Loving each other as friends is cool too. If they can't say how they feel, they should just remain as normal friends. Society is harsh. If they think telling each other how they feel is hard, imaging living together as a gay couple. It's gonna be harder to deal it it.

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

Nya-chan posted:

In my opinion, FF jumped the shark after No-rae's bus accident. That life threatening experience should have accelerated things between them.

Yup. That is exact point after which I stopped reading it, cos even after it there was no progression.

That makes no sense. Seol-A realized her feelings after that. There was a lot of stuff for Seol-A going on after that. If you werent paying attention, that's definitely not the story's fault.

I didn't say that there was no progression (Nevri did), but what I mean is that event was something huge, that should have changed the very foundations of their relationship, like the first time they met and Seol-a was almost strangled to death. The fact that Seol-a is the only one who's getting some progression and not No-rae makes no sense. The thing is that when she was in shock because of that accident, the one who was there for her was Seol-a, the one she clinged to and hugged was Seol-a. That should have made her more aware of her own feelings. But only Seol-a got some screentime, which culminated in an aborted confession because of Mr Cockblock.

And then, instead of resuming confession once the ex is out of the picture, we get Seol-a and No-rae at at part-time job, some backstory of ex dead girl friend, listening to the story of a Seol-a clone which served no visible purpose, Seol-a and No-rae skiiing (hello Mr Cockblock. Why are you here?), Seol-a and No-rae visiting family (almost kiss, but forget it), Seol-a and No-rae walking on the beach, Seol-a and No-rae partying (hello Mr Cockblock, long time no see. Or not).

All the arcs following the bus accident have been used to delay the unavoidable. Maybe some people enjoy that kind of play, but I feel for bad the characters.

I think we didn't see any No-rae progression after the accident because it'll be out of character. No-rae doesn't let people get that close to her and in her eyes letting Seol-a see so much of her after the accident was a lapse of judgment. The fact that she's feeling the way she does toward Seol-a is even more of a reason to push Seol-a away or she'll end up getting hurt again.

Seol-a didn't resume her confession because seeing with her own eyes No-raes ex BOYfriend lowered her confidence. For her it was just another proof that No-rae is Straight and might have feelings for someone else.

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

Why can't Seola just tell Norae how she feels? She is a lot prettier, more attractive, and smarter, so I would assume she has more confidence.

Now, I'm really curious how gay people get together with the ones they like if they are this afraid of speaking up their feelings to the ones they like like Seola and Norae.

There are those that risk it even though they might be afraid or just find out if the other person is curious or something beforehand. Also you could meet someone in a gay bar, online dating, "support group", etc. and if you're out some people might just come to you.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Now, I'm really curious how gay people get together with the ones they like if they are this afraid of speaking up their feelings to the ones they like like Seola and Norae. You never know if they one you like is gay or not. The one you like might also like you.

It's not really the case here because neither Seol-a or No-rae are gay for most of the series.

They didn't even come out to themselves really. The topic of homosexuality is not touched at all, except maybe in vague allusions ("don't take a path that is not a path" or something).

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think we didn't see any No-rae progression after the accident because it'll be out of character. No-rae doesn't let people get that close to her and in her eyes letting Seol-a see so much of her after the accident was a lapse of judgment. The fact that she's feeling the way she does toward Seol-a is even more of a reason to push Seol-a away or she'll end up getting hurt again.

Seol-a didn't resume her confession because seeing with her own eyes No-raes ex BOYfriend lowered her confidence. For her it was just another proof that No-rae is Straight and might have feelings for someone else.

So, you think that they won't end up together?

Because everything that happens seem to drive them apart from each other. Seol-a thinks No-rae is straight as an arrow and that a confession will ruin their friendship. No-rae doesn't want to get too close of Seol-a because she's afraid to be hurt again after her failed relationship with Sung-pyo.

So, them getting together somehow, will look like an asspull.

Unless... they talk.

That would be nice.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Good comments all!!
Too many good thoughts above me to answer all. Good job everyone!

I'm guessing here, but in certain society's , certain groups, certain people, it is not easy coming to terms with love that is outside what SOME consider the norm. Does anyone here think Norae is gay?
I don't think she is. It is entirely possible, to fall for someone regardless of sexual orientation or gender. I'll admit it's rare. We argued about this in class once that these kinds of people then must be bi-sexual, or something beyond friends but not lovers. I have two friends that fit the later. I think that's wonderful too. I still think the story will have a couple ending. But it made me think of the emotions going on in their hearts right now, and it made me tense.
Norae is drinking and partying hard for a reason. And no it's not just for fun.
I wouldn't be surprised by a drunken confession or kiss, though I doubt that's going to happen.
On a side note,
After someone said the comments were all just arguing for like or dislike or the sake of arguing. A string of good comments that made me think of real life situations and this authors strengths and weaknesses popped up. All good! Right down the row. I read each twice.
That's fun.
Yin and Yang ......

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

So, you think that they won't end up together?

Because everything that happens seem to drive them apart from each other. Seol-a thinks No-rae is straight as an arrow and that a confession will ruin their friendship. No-rae doesn't want to get too close of Seol-a because she's afraid to be hurt again after her failed relationship with Sung-pyo.

So, them getting together somehow, will look like an asspull.

Unless... they talk.

That would be nice.

Sorry Nya-chan, you popped in before I posted, and you covered some of my questions, my bad.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Regarding the bus accident, I think it was too early for something more to progress back then. But the best time imo was after the almost kiss.
The ex showing up again kinda got me annoyed to be honest. Because there is the possibility of him trying to get back together with No-Rae (although that won't happen) and then spending 5 chapters developing the rejection, while No-Rae and Seol-A are put on hold again.

Also we really need to see No-Rae getting frutrated too. It seems like Seol-A is taking the most of it right now. I think No-Rae actually knows what's going on, and maybe also got drunk because she's trying to escape from her feelings, but there needs something mora than just that to happen at this point. This is not strong enough to move things further, nor the physical contact. But there are still 30 chapters to go

joined Oct 12, 2013

Now, I'm really curious how gay people get together with the ones they like if they are this afraid of speaking up their feelings to the ones they like like Seola and Norae.

Why do you think we're all on here bitching about FF instead of doing something with our qt gfs on a weekend?

joined Jan 17, 2016

O.k ..so we need a damn norae pov ..that will solve every thing kkkkk
To be honest idk why ssambe is introducing and developing the side characters that much without meaning to the story like inha ..and hee jin and min joung or whatever and norae family if she was to simply end the manhwa of them dating in the future she just can't let us stuck there ! . we want to know how those side character will react too ...she just thows some character and end its purpose without even helping with the developement of norea and seola relationship i just dont get her maybe she turned out to be a bad writer that all kkkkkk

Ahri_by_kittew-d9c0y0n%20-%20copia
joined Mar 13, 2016

this story it's creating fluttering feelings inside me sometimes when i'm reading it i stop breathing for like a whole minute and then the autor decides its time to make a week-2weeks break
but then
when i see an update
the exciting feelings comes back
am i doing it right?

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Hey guys, where should I upload the roughs?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

ummm there was a mail somewhere xD Anon usually uploads it to FF imgur gallery (so all chapters are in one place) but I don't remember @ xD

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 6:09PM

joined Apr 25, 2015

As mentioned in rough translations, No-Rae ended up drinking someone's else drink by accident which was really strong.

Her getting drunk here is pure accident.

joined Mar 28, 2014

yeah, that mail is whay I'm lookin' for xD

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

If I'm not mistaken it's flutteringfeelingsmanhwa@gmail.com

joined Mar 28, 2014

If I'm not mistaken it's flutteringfeelingsmanhwa@gmail.com

ty, sent the roughs... let's wait for QC :)

well, since I'm about to go to sleep, and anon is probably sleeping already, there you go!
http://imgur.com/a/1qllm

I think anon will re-upload it later to the proper place.
Sorry I didn't redraw the FXs and stuff as I was time-limited, but I guess it's OK for the roughs. Thanks to halmoni for an early translation, I wouldn't be able to make it otherwise. And well, I can't guarantee I'll make it next Sunday, especially if the chapter or TL will come late. If you notice any mistakes, or anything, I'll update it tomorrow evening.

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 7:12PM

joined Feb 1, 2016

madlax232 posted:

Nya-chan posted:

In my opinion, FF jumped the shark after No-rae's bus accident. That life threatening experience should have accelerated things between them.

Yup. That is exact point after which I stopped reading it, cos even after it there was no progression.

That makes no sense. Seol-A realized her feelings after that. There was a lot of stuff for Seol-A going on after that. If you werent paying attention, that's definitely not the story's fault.

And yet there was no progression. I actually disliked the accident and it pushing them together would be weird and unrealistic to me, but it did make Seal-A more aware of her feelings and then... went nowhere. The fact car accident ended up being 100% pointless was what turned me off to series. After that we learned about "sad past" of Seal-A, her best friend dying in next accident and it all started to feel so forced at this point. When instead of any progress, we got flashbacks to Seal-A past I just rolled my eyes and wasn't able to keep on reading it anymore.

I think you guys need to consider the society that they live in. Although Ssamba doesn't show this, but South Korea is still a pretty conservative country. It's not as easy going out of the blue to confess to the girl you like as it is in the West. There are lots of things to consider.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

takachi - first two images are doubled or it's my imagination xD?

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

thanks @takachi and @halmoni for the roughsets and translations.
@Knightingale i completely agree with your two cents. that's how i feel as well. I have just lost the will to complain about it cause it's not gonna change the way ssamba writes anyway. so i just read, and read other people voice out what I've been thinking. well said!

joined Mar 28, 2014

takachi - first two images are doubled or it's my imagination xD?

yeah, imgur f#$ked up the upload somehow.. but I fixed it now :)

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 7:25PM

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

All you complainers are just gonna spoil it for yourselves when their relationship finally does come into being. Personally, I'm in no rush. Once this story ends, it ends forever, so why not enjoy the journey?

joined Jan 14, 2015

As much as I want them to be together asap, I don't really mind the long wait. I actually appreciate that the story is going this way instead of jumping straight into the relationship. Going this pace makes you appreciate the little things they do whenever they're seen together. And when it's time that they do get together, hell shall rise!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

yoroshiku posted:

And when it's time that they do get together, hell shall rise!

Unless there are no chapters left for that.

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 9:40PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.