Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Jan 31, 2015

Friendzoning art by andersdruv:

Slightly inspired by Clone High :D

Thanks @halmoniswag for translation and thatanon for editing on half of this!

Source:
http://andersdruv.tumblr.com/post/138574756588/slightly-inspired-by-clone-high-d-thanks
http://40.media.tumblr.com/ac137e049064f9216816629b81fc1cfd/tumblr_o1y58jvQBh1silirgo1_1280.png

No-rae%20200
joined Feb 13, 2014

okay, so after 50ish chapters, can we talk about how on point everyone's outfits have been?? it's honestly so beautiful. thank you, ssamba.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

re: anonymous

Immediately after reading the Yu-ji-flashback letter, a blimp crashed into the dorm, killing Yu-na instantly. ;D

Also, moments after, a meteor wiped out the whole town.

I definitely lost some tooth paste over this. Ha-ha. ( > __ >)

re: nya-chan

I wish that Ssamba will stop using accidents to push key points of the story along. Once is fine, twice is like uh okay sure...but she's done it like 5 times now?! It is getting too repetitive and dragging it out way longer than it should be. I liked the pacing it was at in the beginning, but I think since around chapter 45, it has been too slow.

"only" 4 accidents I think? Car, bus, bike and now ski.

Unless you count the injury of the ex-bf.

Then it makes 5.

Truck-san is biding his time.

What was the car accident?

As for the count, depends on how you classify "accident"...because those both seem like low counts to me.

injuries: No-rae's bus accident, Seol-a's dancing "career" ender, Sung-pyo's sports career ender--I'm so trying not to laugh out loud (still with the toothpaste) right now--Ina's "hiking" injury

almost traumatic experiences: Seol-a ex rape, Seol-a crash, Seol-a date rape

"eye-roll" accidents: Seol-a and No-rae slipping in the snow (Yes, it was cute, but still...)

totally acceptable accidents: No-rae running into Seol-a on the way to class

witness/overhear leads to bad stuff happening (or stuff not happening): No-rae overhears conversation about sketchy guy, Seol-a sees No-rae and Jin-ho talking, the confession FAIL (take I), Ina observes x2-3-and-counting

Nomination for Seol-a for "FF most sufferer-er"

disclaimer: This sub post is no more than the cursory reflection of an invested-but-feeling-somewhat-cynical Fluttering Feelings fan.

Baek Seol-a:

• Love interest? No-rae
  • Feelings mutual? Yes, but it doesn't matter. (They still don't know.)
  • Is there an ex? Yes, on the love interest's side. And he continues to exist.
  • Near-death experiences? two (observed)
  • Near-rape experiences? two (observed)
  • Back-stabbed experiences? two (observed, more rumored)
  • Confession(s) failed? one (of one attempt)
    • Cause(s) of failure? The ex.
  • Current emotional state? broken/lost/kicked puppy/hope is dead
  • Real-not-family friends?
    • No-rae ...
    • Jin-ho. Liked--or likes--No-rae, but still too much of an nice guy to be cut off.
    • Ina. 'cuz desperation.
  • Fan romance optimism? waning a bit, beginning to rely on hallucinations fanfiction to get by
  • Most recent kinda-sorta-at-least-almost-romantic event? Last chapter love interest (No-rae) hugged Seol-a after she nearly DIED. The fanbase is ecstatic--No, really. Some fans are still excited about this. This is where we are for now... ಥ_ಥ
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

re: anonymous

Friendzoning art by andersdruv:

Slightly inspired by Clone High :D

Thanks @halmoniswag for translation and thatanon for editing on half of this!

Source:
http://andersdruv.tumblr.com/post/138574756588/slightly-inspired-by-clone-high-d-thanks
http://40.media.tumblr.com/ac137e049064f9216816629b81fc1cfd/tumblr_o1y58jvQBh1silirgo1_1280.png

Please, excuse the double post. This is awesome!

P.S. Thank you and good night!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Fjord

okay, so after 50ish chapters, can we talk about how on point everyone's outfits have been?? it's honestly so beautiful. thank you, ssamba.

YESSSS!!!!
Even though I personally haven't liked the outfits lately, I do like Ssamba's chosen style.

Best dressed Seolrae's moment

No-rae's blue collar shirt under the white sweater is simple yet effective.
Sell-A's grey cardigan with yellow lining just nailed it. The pinkish red pants just added more to the mix.
Loved everything about them.

And I have a soft spot for Seol-a in pink

And No-rae with hat

And some other good ones

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014
Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I love all the author arts, just wish it happened in the story already haha

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Fjord

YESSSS!!!!
Even though I personally haven't liked the outfits lately, I do like Ssamba's chosen style.

Best dressed Seolrae's moment

No-rae's blue collar shirt under the white sweater is simple yet effective.
Sell-A's grey cardigan with yellow lining just nailed it. The pinkish red pants just added more to the mix.
Loved everything about them.

And I have a soft spot for Seol-a in pink

And No-rae with hat

And some other good ones

Those are some of my favorite too!

Z2maxwb
joined Apr 22, 2015

AAAAARRRGGGHHHH Its still tHURTsday AAAARRGGGHHHHHHHH

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

AAAAARRRGGGHHHH Its still tHURTsday AAAARRGGGHHHHHHHH

To be honest, I weirdly had a nightmare this morning that there would be an unexpected special chapter this coming week (*I KNOW! I'm a creep when it comes to FF*). Feb 8th is Lunar New Year, the biggest and most important holiday in Asia. I really don't expect Ssamba to spend her holiday working on FF. But if she does, she'd be the most amazing human being on earth, and I'd love her 100 times more than I already do.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

What I wish to see in the next 2 chapters

Z2maxwb
joined Apr 22, 2015

What I wish to see in the next 2 chapters

Hahahaha that was brilliant
Go (away) Sunpyo!

Anyway if im not mistaken
Ssamba indeed took a week off during lunar new year last year
Please dont tell me OTL
I cant wait even just a week
If in case she's gonna take another week off :'(
AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

What if Ssamba decides to take a week break and then drop an extra chapter before releasing the actual chapter just to tease us? D:

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I just realised that all of No-rae make her look like a hipster. Especially, the beanie hat that she wears. Or she could go full gay mode and wear flannel shirt with the beanie hat and sneakers. That way no words need to be exchanged between No-rae and Seol-a and they just straight up kiss. Because Seol-a realises through the magical outfit of the flannel shirt that No-rae is straight up gay for her.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Or they both wear flannel, move in together, and adopt a cat. We don't need kissed we will know for sure.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Or they both wear flannel, move in together, and adopt a cat. We don't need kissed we will know for sure.

That is the most logical step for a lesbian is to move in together and get a cat. That way you have two pussies for the price of one. At this point though No-rae and Seol-a are practically married in lesbian years.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I'm amazed at how Comico Taiwan already caught up to Chapter 56. Their translator must've worked tirelessly.
On Comico Taiwan, FF ranks 7th in demographic groups "age 20-30" and "age 30 and above" and lower in other groups, in which I'm not surprised. I don't see how younger kids could be into this series.

Is anyone on this board reading this under age 18?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Their translator must've worked tirelessly.

or they have few translators :P

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Their translator must've worked tirelessly.

or they have few translators :P

Darn! My mind dont work in plural

But I'm pretty thankful for our Grandma translator who work diligently every Sunday for this fandom.

last edited at Feb 6, 2016 11:24AM

joined Feb 19, 2015

How much do you guys think the other characters (No-rae's bro, Ji-hwan, Enah, etc) know about Seolrae? How ssamba wrote them it's like they kinda get an inkling yet they're not as shocked as I would expect them to be

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

hashi

How much do you guys think the other characters (No-rae's bro, Ji-hwan, Enah, etc) know about Seolrae? How ssamba wrote them it's like they kinda get an inkling yet they're not as shocked as I would expect them to be

I think Enah wasn't sure about No-rae that's why she gave Seol-a that lil advice in the restroom. Seol-a is always so obvious, staring at No-rae when there are third person around all the time. It's hard not to notice. Thats why Seol-a was so frustrated No-rae gave her "clueless expressions" all the time (that was the best buildup Ssamba did imo, it made Seol-a's breakdown scene so heartfelt). No-rae on the other hand has always felt inferior to Seol-a. She never dared to have the thought of having Seol-a like her romantically back crossed her mind. And since she was so focused on that "promise" she made to Seol-a as "friends", she became dense and clueless to Seol-a's hints. No-rae has always been described as a girl behind many walls. So what she's been doing fits perfectly well with her personality. She's actually fragile so she guards her feelings very carefully. A good defense mechanism is not to set your expectations too high. So she never had any high expectations with Seol-a to begin with. Being close is enough for No-rae.

Thats the reason why I really really like the "hat" scene in last chapter. Many insecure people (mostly male) in my real life hide under (behind) their hats and hoods all the time, so my mind always associates that kind of hats with "insecurity" and "invisible walls." When No-rae was so worried about Seol-a, she ran so fast that her hat fell off and she didn't bother to pick it up. To me, No-rae leaving her hat behind is a foreshadow of a new beginning. Only when you experience the emotional possibility of your loved ones being dead that you start wanting to express your caring and loving them more explicitly. (Thats a lil extreme way to put it, but you know what I mean). For my own satisfaction, I interpret the scene where Sung-Pyo picked up her hat as him picking up the crumbles of No-rae's walls that he could never break before. *In your face, bro*

About No-rae's brother, there's really no ground for him to make such a big conclusion. It's reasonable for him to think of them as being good friends who cared about each other. Seol-a didn't even know she liked No-rae romantically back then. In her head, it's just running after a "friend" she cared about.

For Ji-hwan, I think he's in similar position with Enah-before-chapter-60. Knowing Seol-a for so long, it's hard not to notice she liked No-rae. When he gave Seol-a advice in the restaurant telling her to make up her mind or give up for everyone's sake (in a symbolic/figurative way), he didn't know about No-rae's feelings either. No-rae's always a mysterious butterfly drifting from flowers to flowers. Even if you "think" your female friend likes a another girl based on your intuition, it'd be awkward just to ask "so you like her romantically?" There's no real foundation yet and that'd just make you look like a fool if she says no.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

hashi

I think Enah wasn't sure about No-rae that's why she gave Seol-a that lil advice in the restroom. Seol-a is always so obvious, staring at No-rae when there are third person around all the time. It's hard not to notice. Thats why Seol-a was so frustrated No-rae gave her "clueless expressions" all the time (that was the best buildup Ssamba did imo, it made Seol-a's breakdown scene so heartfelt). No-rae on the other hand has always felt inferior to Seol-a. She never dared to have the thought of having Seol-a like her romantically back crossed her mind. And since she was so focused on that "promise" she made to Seol-a as "friends", she became dense and clueless to Seol-a's hints. No-rae has always been described as a girl behind many walls. So what she's been doing fits perfectly well with her personality. She's actually fragile so she guards her feelings very carefully. A good defense mechanism is not to set your expectations too high. So she never had any high expectations with Seol-a to begin with. Being close is enough for No-rae.

Thats the reason why I really really like the "hat" scene in last chapter. Many insecure people (mostly male) in my real life hide under (behind) their hats and hoods all the time, so my mind always associates that kind of hats with "insecurity" and "invisible walls." When No-rae was so worried about Seol-a, she ran so fast that her hat fell off and she didn't bother to pick it up. To me, No-rae leaving her hat behind is a foreshadow of a new beginning. Only when you experience the emotional possibility of your loved ones being dead that you start wanting to express your caring and loving them more explicitly. (Thats a lil extreme way to put it, but you know what I mean). For my own satisfaction, I interpret the scene where Sung-Pyo picked up her hat as him picking up the crumbles of No-rae's walls that he could never break before. *In your face, bro*

About No-rae's brother, there's really no ground for him to make such a big conclusion. It's reasonable for him to think of them as being good friends who cared about each other. Seol-a didn't even know she liked No-rae romantically back then. In her head, it's just running after a "friend" she cared about.

For Ji-hwan, I think he's in similar position with Enah-before-chapter-60. Knowing Seol-a for so long, it's hard not to notice she liked No-rae. When he gave Seol-a advice in the restaurant telling her to make up her mind or give up for everyone's sake (in a symbolic/figurative way), he didn't know about No-rae's feelings either. No-rae's always a mysterious butterfly drifting from flowers to flowers. Even if you "think" your female friend likes a another girl based on your intuition, it'd be awkward just to ask "so you like her romantically?" There's no real foundation yet and that'd just make you look like a fool if she says no.

I really like the idea of the hat symbolizing the letting go for a new beginning. Honestly, I wouldn't have thought of that. Now that you mentioned it, it makes since. We all know Ssamba has a thing for metaphors(which I love).

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

goiys! its FF day again! exoited! i know i should keep my hopes up but, i return here once a week just to get excited about a new episode! ^_^

joined Apr 5, 2015

Love the interpretation of the hat. Might you be a lit student? Haha! ;)

I'm loving the pace of FF so far, no complaints even with cliché falls and accidents (I predicted the snowboarding one would happen, I'm quite a sucker for tasteful cliché). Like someone here mention, tomorrow is the Lunar New Year, and as much as we want a chapter, we might have none today, if not today then next week.

Unless ssamba loves the fans so much he/she/it wouldn't mind working over the New Year. :D

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

ann

Love the interpretation of the hat. Might you be a lit student? Haha! ;)

No, I'm not. I just love over-analyzing FF, thats all lol.
I wish I studied lit though, I would've organzed my thoughts much better.

I'm loving the pace of FF so far, no complaints even with cliché falls and accidents (I predicted the snowboarding one would happen, I'm quite a sucker for tasteful cliché). Like someone here mention, tomorrow is the Lunar New Year, and as much as we want a chapter, we might have none today, if not today then next week.

Unless ssamba loves the fans so much he/she/it wouldn't mind working over the New Year. :D

I've been praying. May the lord answer me xD

Ssamba's done a good job following her own pace and not being influenced by the fans' complaints. FF is very unique and it sticks. If I want fast paced stories, I could easily find other ones to satisfy my yuri thirst. So Ssamba could take it as slow as she wants; FF still stays on top of my favorite list.

To reply you must either login or sign up.