Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Fanfic Chapter 63
Imitating Ssamba's style

Outside the resort.
The crowd slowly dispersed. No-rae helped Seol-a took off her board to stand up, and saw Sung-Pyo approaching them
No-rae: Ah… Seol-a this is Gu Sung-Pyo, my… ah, former sunbae at school
No-rae’s thoughts: Why is it so awkward to introduce him? Ugh
No-rae clearing her throat: Sunbae, this is Baek Seol-a my… Ah hem.. a dear friend I made this year. We work together.

Both Seol-a & Sung-Pyo were a lil surprised at how No-rae addressed him as sunbae
Sung-Pyo turned and stared at Seol-a for a longer-than-expected moment without saying anything
Sung-Pyo: Ah.. Sorry. I just remembered who you are. A lot of guys in my department mentioned about you. You were really popular. It’s a pleasure to meet you.
Seol-a (straight face, a hint of being annoyed): yeah…
No-rae: Sorry Sung-Pyo, I want to help Seol-a back to our room. She could’ve been hurt somewhere so I’m a lil worried. Maybe I’ll see you later.
Sung-Pyo: Let me help you guys.
No-rae: There’s really no need. I can help her myself. See you.
Seol-a nodded as a goodbye to Sung-Pyo and put her arm around No-rae’s shoulders. They both turned around and walked away.

Sung-Pyo stood there and watched them til they disappeared after the sliding door.

Sung-Pyo’s thoughts: No-rae seemed quite focused on her friend
Sung-Pyo: Oh no… I forgot to give back her hat.. Her jacket is still at the cafeteria too. No-rae…

Sung-Pyo looked puzzled and lost in his thoughts.

Seol-a and No-rae walked together into the elevator. Seol-a’s arm is still on No-rae’s shoulders.
Seol-a’s thoughts: I’m really not hurt. But… being this close feels nicer than I expected. Maybe I should just continue.
*Blushed*
No-rae’s thoughts: Her arm is around me. Why am I feeling a lil too hot?
No-rae’s thoughts (shaking her head, shouting to herself): KIM NO-RAE, this is not the time. Seol-a is hurt.
Their inner temperature continued to rise together in silence during the remaining time of the elevator ride.
No-rae helped Seol-a walk out of the elevator and into their room, trying to hide her anxiety… their anxiety….

No-rae closed the door behind her…

joined Nov 18, 2015

Just thought of something... What if Ssamba is waiting for "cliché" Valentine's Day to offert us a great first kiss or confession?
So maybe everything will happen in two weeks ! Ahah

Sorry my mind is going to all places with that chapter ! :)

last edited at Feb 1, 2016 3:45AM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Oh gosh, it might not have been a kiss but that hug melted my heart so fast i might need to lay down outside to cool off again

joined Feb 1, 2016

"Did No-rae always have a friend like that?"

Yeah they would've been more than friends by now if you weren't there to cockblock

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Just thought of something... What if Ssamba is waiting for "cliché" Valentine's Day to offert us a great first kiss or confession?

Well, I believe on christmas she gave us one lovely chapter of No-Rae's inner thoughts about Seol-A so maybe asdhks

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Certainly possible. I already think it should be by chapter 65 (my wish). Chapter 64 sounds just right lol, then chapter 65 shows their driving home together all lovey dovey.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Certainly possible. I already think it should be by chapter 65 (my wish). Chapter 64 sounds just right lol, then chapter 65 shows their driving home together all lovey dovey.

And then in chapter 69...

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

And then in chapter 69...

No-rae's first real sleepover

joined Jan 31, 2015

Trailer for... absolutely nothing. ;D

ssamba: "What do you want?"
FF fans: "Confession! NAO!!! Is it possible?"
ssamba: "Of course not."
FF fans: "If you can steal someone's heart, why can't you plant feelings there instead?"
ssamba: "OK, this is me planting feelings in your heart: fall in love with Gyeong-woo. Who are you in love with?"
FF fans: "Err... Gyeong-woo? (Totally not tho?)"
ssamba: "Right. It's not your feelings, because you know I gave them to you. A fangirl's heart can always remember the origin of their feelings. Genuine reciprocation takes time to build and is impossible to fake."
Saburouta: "NO ITS NAHT"

"Listen, there's something you should know about fangirlism. An OTP is like a virus... resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an OTP obsession can grow aflutter. It can grow to make you squeal... or to make you RAGE."

"You're waiting for a ship...

A ship that'll ruin your life...

You know where you hope this ship will end up...

But you can't know for sure...

YET IT DOESN'T MATTER...

NOW TELL ME WHY!"

"BECAUSE WE'RE SEOLRAE TRASH!!"

[I totally didn't reuse this, I swear.]

FF fans: "So Seol-a... do you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old halmoni... filled with regret... waiting to be ruined in fanfics?"

*hard cut to black*

*gratuitous trailer booming sound*

COMING SOON
CHAPTER 69 LOLO

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Trailer for... absolutely nothing. ;D

ssamba: "What do you want?"
FF fans: "Confession! NAO!!! Is it possible?"
ssamba: "Of course not."
FF fans: "If you can steal someone's heart, why can't you plant feelings there instead?"
ssamba: "OK, this is me planting feelings in your heart: fall in love with Gyeong-woo. Who are you in love with?"
FF fans: "Err... Gyeong-woo? (Totally not tho?)"
ssamba: "Right. It's not your feelings, because you know I gave them to you. A fangirl's heart can always remember the origin of their feelings. Genuine reciprocation takes time to build and is impossible to fake."
Saburouta: "NO ITS NAHT"

"Listen, there's something you should know about fangirlism. An OTP is like a virus... resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an OTP obsession can grow aflutter. It can grow to make you squeal... or to make you RAGE."

"You're waiting for a ship...

A ship that'll ruin your life...

You know where you hope this ship will end up...

But you can't know for sure...

YET IT DOESN'T MATTER...

NOW TELL ME WHY!"

"BECAUSE WE'RE SEOLRAE TRASH!!"

[I totally didn't reuse this, I swear.]

FF fans: "So Seol-a... do you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old halmoni... filled with regret... waiting to be ruined in fanfics?"

*hard cut to black*

*gratuitous trailer booming sound*

COMING SOON
CHAPTER 69 LOLO

LOL You never fail to amuse me anonymous

Somehow I am now looking forward to chapter 69 :3

last edited at Feb 1, 2016 1:11PM

joined Jun 30, 2015

Yo Halmoni~ (or someone who also knows Korean), would you guys mind to translate some Comico comments? I was wondering their reactions lately, hope it's as amusing as ours xD

joined Jan 31, 2015

^ An xl-ent suggestion.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I wish that Ssamba will stop using accidents to push key points of the story along. Once is fine, twice is like uh okay sure...but she's done it like 5 times now?! It is getting too repetitive and dragging it out way longer than it should be. I liked the pacing it was at in the beginning, but I think since around chapter 45, it has been too slow.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

xl

Yo Halmoni~ (or someone who also knows Korean), would you guys mind to translate some Comico comments? I was wondering their reactions lately, hope it's as amusing as ours xD

I've been wondering the same too.
I think cipp has translated some before. So someone please?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Chikaon

I wish that Ssamba will stop using accidents to push key points of the story along. [...] I liked the pacing it was at in the beginning, but I think since around chapter 45, it has been too slow.

What can I say? Even No-rae thinks the same. Aye yay yay.

last edited at Feb 1, 2016 4:26PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I wish that Ssamba will stop using accidents to push key points of the story along. Once is fine, twice is like uh okay sure...but she's done it like 5 times now?! It is getting too repetitive and dragging it out way longer than it should be. I liked the pacing it was at in the beginning, but I think since around chapter 45, it has been too slow.

"only" 4 accidents I think? Car, bus, bike and now ski.

Unless you count the injury of the ex-bf.

Then it makes 5.

Truck-san is biding his time.

last edited at Feb 1, 2016 4:43PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Then it makes 5.

Hah I didn't even really count and threw out a number from the top of my head but I applaud myself for being so close. You’re betting on Truck-san? I'm betting on Plane-oppa.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Then it makes 5.

Hah I didn't even really count and threw out a number from the top of my head but I applaud myself for being so close. You’re betting on Truck-san? I'm betting on Plane-oppa.

The next victim is Jang Yu-Na

joined Jan 31, 2015

Immediately after reading the Yu-ji-flashback letter, a blimp crashed into the dorm, killing Yu-na instantly. ;D

Also, moments after, a meteor wiped out the whole town.

last edited at Feb 1, 2016 5:15PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Immediately after reading the Yu-ji-flashback letter, a blimp crashed into the dorm, killing Yu-na instantly. ;D

Also, moments after, a meteor wiped out the whole town.

Chapter 100 of ff everybody. THE END.

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Nya-chan

I don't know why this line is so funny to me but I laughed out loud.

Thinking again about bike incident with Seol-a, I realized it reminds me of the end of Mean Girls where Regina runs out and gets hit by a school bus :P

@ieeheh, we must be on the same wavelength because I sketched out a comic idea with almost the same plot as your fic lol. Though I'm going for a bit of a different tone...

The snowboard accident was a pretty convenient way to end the awkwardness/distance between the two, I think normally I would have been bothered by that but I was too busy being happy about the hug lol. I still need No-rae to actually talk with Seol-a though, rather than pretending that none of the earlier events of the trip happened. Hoping we see some of that in the next chapter.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I still need No-rae to actually talk with Seol-a though, rather than pretending that none of the earlier events of the trip happened. Hoping we see some of that in the next chapter.

I think that's what really bothers me bout these "convienent accidents". It'd be fine if they actally pushed the story along, but I always feel like it's 1 step forward, 2 steps back. They never really bring up what happened before and it's like all those moments never happened. Makes me wanna rip my hair out, but I'm running out of hair to rip.

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

I think that's what really bothers me bout these "convienent accidents". It'd be fine if they actally pushed the story along, but I always feel like it's 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

For me I was totally fine with the previous incidents. They served their purpose in making each person internally come to terms with their feelings/realize they're in love. And in that regard, there hasn't been any backsliding.

However, the next stage of the story is realizing that those feelings are mutual, and for that there's gotta be some COMMUNICATION. Which I still think will happen, but the snowboard accident resolution didn't use the angst/buildup from the previous chapters as effectively as it could have. I was hoping that things were building towards No-rae being more direct with Seol-a of her own initiative, which would have been a nice bit of character development for her.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

cipp

we must be on the same wavelength because I sketched out a comic idea with almost the same plot as your fic lol. Though I'm going for a bit of a different tone...

[heaven sure works in mysterious ways... I just found my seol-mate soon to be cockblocked my some anonymous stalker who's obsessed with a sad song]
Lol
@cipp, I would definitely prefer your tone, assuming it's the same as your ski comic strip lol.

@Chikaon: Out of concern for my fellow fandommate, I'd suggest its best to wait for your hair to grow out again to come back for a few more chapters

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

To reply you must either login or sign up.