Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Tumblr_nv75wqaugz1svqhy3o1_400
joined Jan 31, 2016

Hi guys! Logged in to Lezhin and saw the English translation of the series but it only has 11 chapters. I already caught up with the latest update from MangaFox but some chapters were very poorly translated (bought several episodes from Lezhin and the conversations on each chapter were really different compared to the ones on MF). I'm all for buying the Korean episodes to support the author (I mean, I totally love this series!!) and just ask for the translation from Halmoni, but I'm leaning towards waiting for the English ones since the 'site is already doing it anyway. So now I'm wondering how long is it gonna take for Lezhin to complete the English translations?

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Is it just me or has the story been a little stagnant these past chapters? The few chapters has been about SuminxSungji make out, a little flashback, a little SejuxNami and repeat. I'm starting to think that team Gaji's getting a little confused about the direction of this story. Anyway, that flashback, Sumin and Seju looks so sweet together it breaks my heart.

Acd34ecdb4f42e680ecf6b00cff43477
joined Sep 15, 2015

It's been stagnant. Just them making out without any 'progress' at all. Nami and Seju like that. I mean, where is the story going ?? It's getting a little boring.

last edited at Feb 3, 2016 12:22PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I'm confused to see where Team Gaji is going with this. They keep delaying the moment between Sumin and Sungji. Does Sumin actually treasure Sungji that much that she's afraid taking her virginity will be the end of them? But leaving Sungji sexually frustrated is not treasuring her either. It gets a lil bit.. idk.. I dont have the word
AND... Whats up with that scene where Seju imagined Nam on her laps crying? Lol or did she actually appear out of nowhere?

last edited at Feb 3, 2016 12:39PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I'm starting to think that team Gaji's getting a little confused about the direction of this story.

I was thinking this too. It feels like it's unclear of where they want Sumin and Sungji's relationship to go/end up or how Sungji will help Sumin's healing.
The only anticipation in their relationship for quite a few chapters is when they will finally sleep together. Besides that, I don't see any big difference in Sumin's character. Sungji is supposed to be different than her past lovers, but I really don't the difference compared to her past lovers too. Sumin seemed to care about that red/purple head too when they were dating. It wasn't like she only used her past lovers for sex with no emotions at all.
The only relationship that didn't feel the same was Sumin/Seju so far, in my opinion.

Why the Seju flashbacks though? I'm confused about the meaning of these flashbacks. I mean what is their purpose here. For fanservice for Seju fans? Because if it's not that, I can only think that Sumin is still comparing Sungji with Sumin and is not entirely over her, which is not good for Sungji/Sumin development, at least for now.

AND... Whats up with that scene where Seju imagined Nam on her laps crying? Lol or did she actually appear out of nowhere?

Nammi showed up out of nowhere again. She must have installed a stalker tracker on Seju or something lol. I'm confused though, are we supposed to start shipping Nammi/Seju now because Nammi seems to like Seju and is secretely helping her?

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

It's possible that Team Gaji is a little lost with where they're taking this story since they originally only planned on doing 40 something chapters and now they're doing 80 chapters. Is it because Sumin's still not sure whether she loves/like Sungji yet that she's holding back ? Or maybe she's afraid that Sungji will be just like her past lovers if they have sex? I'm confused. Anyway, this holding back thing might be the thing that'll hurt their relationship.
Wait, was it just Seju's imagination? I thought Nam really did appear out of nowhere...Is she following Seju around?

Besides that, I don't see any big difference in Sumin's character. Sungji is supposed to be different than her past lovers, but I really don't the difference compared to her past lovers too. Sumin seemed to care about that red/purple head too when they were dating. It wasn't like she only used her past lovers for sex with no emotions at all.
The only relationship that didn't feel the same was Sumin/Seju so far, in my opinion.

I agee with you. I don't know which one of her ex was she talking about, but there's a chapter where Sumin was ranting about a girl to Seju and she said that she thought that the ex was the one. So yes, she wasn't just using her past lovers for Sex, she really did care about them. However, none of them really did care about her as much as she did. And now Sungji is pushing Sumin to have sex with her...

Why the Seju flashbacks though? I'm confused about the meaning of these flashbacks. I mean what is their purpose here. For fanservice for Seju fans? Because if it's not that, I can only think that Sumin is still comparing Sungji with Sumin and is not entirely over her, which is not good for Sungji/Sumin development, at least for now.

I think the flasbacks are Sumin comparing her relationship with Sungji with hers with Seju. I also think that it's to show that Sumin is not yet over Seju like she appears to be.

I'm confused though, are we supposed to start shipping Nammi/Seju now because Nammi seems to like Seju and is secretely helping her?

I'm not in for that. If team Gaji does that, they have really ran out of ideas...

last edited at Feb 3, 2016 1:36PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

So... Sungji still has a mom. All that guessing people did that Sungji was mature consoling because her parents were dead too might have been too far lol

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Wait, was it just Seju's imagination? I thought Nam really did appear out of nowhere...Is she following Seju around?

No Nam actually did appear. Not 100% sure though since I haven't read the translation, but it would be off if Seju just imagined that. It's not llike she's missing Nam or anything like that to randomly think of her

I think the flasbacks are Sumin comparing her relationship with Sungji with hers with Seju. I also think that it's to show that Sumin is not yet over Seju like she appears to be.

And this is why, even though I want to like Sungji/Sumin more than Seju/Sumin I can't xD Does Gaji do that on purpose or something? lol

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Maybe Nam puts a tracker on Seju's phone lol. Such a stalker.

And I like Sunin's expression when she was rejected a goodbye kiss. Kinda cute. Her feelings are going somewhere, just slowly.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

So now I'm wondering how long is it gonna take for Lezhin to complete the English translations?

Yeah me too!! I don't know what to do :<
O.M.G, did no one notice? O_O If I'm not mistaken... I'm pretty sure Sungji got kind of mad at Sumin... When she stopped kissing her... she was really REALLY abrupt. I mean she just stared at Sungji like lost in thought for a moment or sth and then Sungji just kissed her but Sumin acted kind of indifferently and just got up... >.> I would be kind of hurt too...
I'm not sure Sungji wants to sleep with Sumin yet though '-'... I don't think she minds either way maybe... but she's the sort of character who would just say something about it if it was bothering her I think. Or maybe she's shy now...? I'm not sure how long they've been dating either... is it that much?
AND I think Sumin isn't really sure about whether she can give Sungji the love she deserves... so she's scared that if she sleeps with her then Sungji will fall for her even harder and be hurt really badly if Sumin has to leave her, just like Sumin was... when Seju cheated on her. But she becomes kind of "cold" due to that, like that scene and I think that is bothering Sungji, so she didn't want to give her a good bye kiss...
Also... now that I read the theory about Sungji's parents I wonder if Sungji was lying for some reason... and that it's all an excuse and there's something else going on... O_O
I don't think this is going nowhere though, it's cute and stuff :) just showing their love bloom ahahaha

Tumblr_nz7qrjqblu1rs5chao1_5002
joined Feb 1, 2016

No I think she did too. I have no clue what was being said but it does appear Sungji was mad/upset at what happened.

Also appears that Sumin misses her or something equivalent at the end. Perhaps Sungji has been distant since and shes missing it or perhaps she has requested days off or something?

I have no clue though haha.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

No I think she did too. I have no clue what was being said but it does appear Sungji was mad/upset at what happened.

Also appears that Sumin misses her or something equivalent at the end. Perhaps Sungji has been distant since and shes missing it or perhaps she has requested days off or something?

Sungji is going home to visit her family for 3 days. Sumin said she would drop her off but Sungji said her brother would pick her up. Sungji was clearly mad at Sumin lol.

It was 7pm or something, Sumin laid in bed and realized she had nothing to do because she's been spending almost every day with Sungji.

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

I don't think Sumin has stopped because uncertain for her feelings for Seju, (Immediately Sumin compares her relationship with Sunji with what had with Seju) but because it would be for Sunji the "first time"...and I think Sumin really care about it...or afraid...and I think the author "play this note"...

The only time for Sumin was totally in love with a woman was with Seju, and now she compares with her past relationship with her, because after all those years she trying to figure out if this is really love with Sunji...

sorry for my bad english...

Tumblr_nz7qrjqblu1rs5chao1_5002
joined Feb 1, 2016

Sungji is going home to visit her family for 3 days. Sumin said she would drop her off but Sungji said her brother would pick her up. Sungji was clearly mad at Sumin lol.

It was 7pm or something, Sumin laid in bed and realized she had nothing to do because she's been spending almost every day with Sungji.

That would be it! (Probably why i shouldn't visit the board on my phone, I probably missed that already been talked about, my apologies).

Deffo seems mad/upset then.

Looking forward to see how things go after a short break with them tbh.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I don't think Sumin has stopped because uncertain for her feelings for Seju, (Immediately Sumin compares her relationship with Sunji with what had with Seju) but because it would be for Sunji the "first time"...and I think Sumin really care about it...or afraid...and I think the author "play this note"...

The only time for Sumin was totally in love with a woman was with Seju, and now she compares with her past relationship with her, because after all those years she trying to figure out if this is really love with Sunji...

According to people who understands Korean, Sumin doesn't have sex with Sungji yet is because she's afraid she will like Sungji even more than she already does. Basically Sumin is still protecting herself, afraid to be hurt again. Darn... leaving Sungji sexually frustrated like that is just brutal. Sumin deserves to be abandoned for 3 days.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

the flashback is related to why sumin stopped.. in the flash black, after every sexual encounter with seju, she falls in love with seju even more.
I guess, if it is related to the current situation.. then she's just overthinking it.
it's so cute how sungji rejected her kiss. ^_^ she'll be having a forced sungji abstinence. hopefully she reflects and realizes her actions.
about Seju, see? she's still meeting up with prospective marriage partners. i really think she's gonna go down the path of marrying someone for business. I mean, why waste the effort. Im happy nam is getting in the way.
i honestly dont know what to expect on the next chappie. see y'all next week.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

So after I read the (poorly or not) translated version, I feel kinda pity for both Sumin and Sungji. Sumin likes Sungji but is still trying to protect herself from getting hurt so she avoids having sex with Sungji. But in the process she kinda hurts Sungji too. Relationships take two to work.

The 3 day separation would definitely her reflect on it, unless Team Gaji is planning on some drama with Seju in the weekend.

joined Aug 10, 2015

According to people who understands Korean, Sumin doesn't have sex with Sungji yet is because she's afraid she will like Sungji even more than she already does. Basically Sumin is still protecting herself, afraid to be hurt again. Darn... leaving Sungji sexually frustrated like that is just brutal. Sumin deserves to be abandoned for 3 days.

^^^^Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

Sumin has pretty clearly shown that she has feelings for Sungji but she is still traumatized (I still don't get how people ship SejuxSumin but whatev floats your boat), and is literally unable to take that next step. I don't necessarily think there are residual emotions from Sumin's relationship with Seju (re romantic) but trauma like that doesn't heal itself overnight and i'm sure that she's ignored it for the most part and never really dealt with it in a real way (also the only relationship where Sumin hasn't been called/portrayed as an ice queen so it probably holds special meaning for her).

And yea, if I was Sungji I'd be beyond pissed. How many times you gonna leave a girl with blue clit??? HOW MANY TIMES SUMIN. WE NEED ANSWERS!!!!!!1111111

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Hm, no I don't think Sungji is mad about them not doing it to be honest... I think she's just mad that Sumin cuts it abruptly all the time... especially this one. She didn't get mad the previous ones, but like um... they were making out and she just left her there I don't know?!?!?!?!? I mean!!!! wouldn't you normally say something like!!! "sweetheart, I need to take you home now okay?" kiss kiss or something!!!!!!!!!!!! gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.< I mean... that's what I think, or maybe let her stay a bit longer? like why did she have to go home anyway?! Maybe Sungji feels like it's too hard for Sumin to control herself so she has to push her away instead, which would make her think Sumin cares too much about sex and since there is no sex she doesn't care about spending time with Sungji that much... I mean in the beginning Sumin was a bit of a jerk, acting like Sungji should be sleeping with her already but then she understood and she was sweet. But now she's acting weird and I think Sungji is getting it wrong! >.<
O.m.g I looked at it again! I definitely know why Sungji is mad, they were kissing and then they looked at each other and then Sumin gave her this sort of cold expression and Sungji just closed her eyes and waited for a kiss but Sumin instead just left her there and didn't give her one at all! that's why Sungji was mad and didn't want to kiss Sumin before she left!!

last edited at Feb 3, 2016 9:51PM

joined May 20, 2013

Ok , so Seju is trying to marry someone regardlessly what she said to Sumin . And if Sumin tries to get her back it is done but if not she will be gone forever .Nam is trying to prevent what is happening... That 's all I know for now

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I don't think Seju is trying to marry someone. In the previous chapter, Nam mentioned that because she interrupted Seju's marriage interview, Seju was forced to go to more interviews. Seju's family hates her and marrying her to someone would mean getting rid of her for good, so they force her to go to marriage interviews, not because she wants to.

last edited at Feb 4, 2016 6:00AM

joined May 20, 2013

So Nam is doing things for good . What a relief ! Anyway Sumin should just tell Sungji what is really going on already . In my experiences . Trying solving things on your own not always a good thing

joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't think Seju is trying to marry someone. In the previous chapter, Nam mentioned that because she interrupted Seju's marriage interview, Seju was forced to go to more interviews. Seju's family hates her and marrying her to someone would mean getting rid of her for good, so they force her to go to marriage interviews, not because she wants to.

Why can't there be a chapter of Seju's familly and how they force her to meet a marriage partner? Or give a little more information/insight about her feelings towards her familly/life or Sumin/Sungji. Since this is her arc it would make more sense to get these things from her pov.

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

Until this last chapter did not know if Sumin was really in love with Sunji, ... all this falshback with Seju ... But in this last chapter, the expressions and the intensity of the gaze of Sumin, beginning to think that she really can again fall in love. But now really wish there was an acceleration, is a static bit ... we are already 40 chapters ...

joined Dec 9, 2014

There are 40 more chapters to go, so I think there is plenty of time for their relationship to grow. They are already dating anyway. I don't think it was a question whether Sumin could really fall in love with Sungji. She is supposed to be the person who heals her after all.

I personally think the problem is in Sumin's character and the story's focus.
Sumin, despite showing that she cares about Sungji, her character still seems to not have grown much since the beggining. Being more mindful of Sungji and giving her three wishes is not exactly character development imo. She's just trying to treat her gf nicely-something she has done with her past girlfriends too.
On the other hand, she doesn't seem to deal with her past wounds at all. All she still does is going after pretty women and sleeping with them to try and forget.

Maybe now, she is starting to uncover her insecurities with Sungji, but I'm not sure that Gaji do this for character development, or they are trying to prolong the story and the anticipation of when Sumin and Sungji will finally sleep together (should that be the most exciting part of their relationship?).

The naration of the story seems to be relying quite lot on the physical pleasure for the readers, instead of exploring their feelings and situations a little deeper. I mean ok, they are all hot in this story, but after some point it's just not enough. (not that there is something wrong if someone wants to read wdtfs only for this)
And that was my problem with Sungji's character. She seems to be all sweet, lovely and beautiful. But not much beyond that yet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.