Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Kinda late for the discussion, but I feel like Sumin still had (if not now) feelings for Seju. Could be wrong of course, but it really seems she's still trapped in her past. She also seemed upset when Seju said she was going to get married. Gotta admit, I liked their development more than Sungji and Sumin.

No2
joined Jan 18, 2016

Kinda late for the discussion, but I feel like Sumin still had (if not now) feelings for Seju. Could be wrong of course, but it really seems she's still trapped in her past. She also seemed upset when Seju said she was going to get married. Gotta admit, I liked their development more than Sungji and Sumin.

I agree, they were a really good couple for me, but they are not together because of the cheating and stuff. Since that Sumin had such a messed up life, so many lovers, so many bad endings, got hurt many times, was used because of her money, and those people keep appearing in the flashbacks, we don't even know how many women she has been with (whole Seul lol), but Sungji is giving her another perspective of love, the kind, honest and selfless one, aaand that why I love them so much together.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Agreed about their better chemistry compared to Sungji. I mean for Sumin x Sungji, I feel like most of the time one of them is taking the lead and the other follows, but rarely they're walking side by side (figuratively, if you know what I mean). At first I didnt have good feelings about Seju because Sungji was just so cute I didnt want anyone like Seju to hurt her, but then it was shown time after time that Seju really respected Sumin and patiently waited for her. And they had a lot of cute moments in the past. When they're together, it seems like they understand each other, they're on the same page.

However they have been stuck in the past for too long and the scar is too deep; I think its too broken to be fixed. If this is a healing story like the authors claimed, they should only move on from each other, not towards each other again. Thats what Sungji came into the picture for.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

You what would be the best ending where no one gets hurt is if Seju xSumin x Sungji all have a polyamorous relationship. I wouldn't mind seeing a threesome scence in the manga. Of coures realistically some one would get hurt but this is fanatsy anything can happen.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

And they had a lot of cute moments in the past. When they're together, it seems like they understand each other, they're on the same page.

This. Seju knows both Sumin's good and bad sides. Sudji still seems young, and I just hope their bond can develop further in the future.

However they have been stuck in the past for too long and the scar is too deep; I think its too broken to be fixed.

There are some symbolisms I noticed.
The tattoo Sumin has on her shoulder was from Seju's brother right? It could be interpreted that Seju left a mark on her that cannot be erased or leave with time.
This one, plus a chapter where Sumin said "You can never forget your first love"
Well for some people their first love is not that important as they were young and they get over it soon. But when you can't forget someone is not only because they were your first.
It's remarkable how Seju still cares and loves Sumin after all this time though.

This manhwa has got me confused on an emotional level. It happens when I know the two characters won't end up together and I'm trying to convince myself to like the main couple more than the other lol. It's author's fault for the reasons I mentioned above haha.

last edited at Jan 22, 2016 8:42PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

This manhwa has got me confused on an emotional level. It happens when I know the two characters won't end up together and I'm trying to convince myself to like the main couple more than the other lol. It's author's fault for the reasons I mentioned above haha.

This is how this manhwa made me feel as well hahaha

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Side track
It’s amazing how lesbianism managed to thrive in Korea lately. The whole country seems to be very religious, yet they created WDTFS, FF, and Lily Fever. Sexy, fluffy, and crazy lol. Each of its own style. I’m so very satisfied :->

joined Aug 18, 2015

Regarding Nam, its so long ago I cant recall exactly, maybe my memory messed up about her. I think she were talking about it with that model/actress she was sleeping with. Or maybe they were talking about that girl (if so, my bad)

It was chapter 30, when she was speaking with the girl whom, according to Sumin, she's been sleeping with every day.

"He's a crusty old geezer. After being in the business for a while...you learn to get over your feelings, And to use your body as a way to garner trust from others" I believe this is the line you meant

I think it's pretty common for people to use their body for a specific purpose in the entertainment industry., so I don't think we can judge whether Nam's a good person or no based on that. I also think that it is too early to say that Nam cares for Seju. If She does care about Seju, it would be nice. I mean at least someone really care about her.(Other than that violent guy)

so I reread the scene in chapter 30 where Nam was with that model in a hotel room. This is not necessary meant Nam was sleeping around with men to advantage her career. She has been sleeping with a lady everyday (this model I think, according to Sumin in chapter 35). I don't exactly know why Nam made this comment. I agree that is it very common for people in the entertainment industry to use their body for certain purposes. its their body so they can do whatever.

a good person to me should have two traits considerate & fair. Yes, Seju seems to despise Nam. why? I hope we will get answer to it.

It's frustrating to see Seju keeps staying by Sumin's side. How on earth are they going to move on. Sumin is not going to move on while Seju is still in this stage.

joined Aug 18, 2015

However they have been stuck in the past for too long and the scar is too deep; I think its too broken to be fixed. If this is a healing story like the authors claimed, they should only move on from each other, not towards each other again. Thats what Sungji came into the picture for.

Exactly! Though, I am still not convinced Sumin is in love with Sungji yet.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

a good person to me should have two traits considerate & fair. Yes, Seju seems to despise Nam. why? I hope we will get answer to it.

I hope we will get an answer to why Seju despise Nam too. I don't see Seju as a person who would just go disliking people without a reason, so something must have happened.

It's frustrating to see Seju keeps staying by Sumin's side. How on earth are they going to move on. Sumin is not going to move on while Seju is still in this stage.

It sure is frustrating and also sad to see Seju that way. From what I see, Sumin wants to move on from Seju, all she needs is a person who can show her that they really do love her and not just want her money or sex. While Seju, she made it clear that she is never going to move on from Sumin. She's acting all calm like she doesn't care about Sumin and Sungji, but I think she is all shattered on the inside.

I am still not convinced Sumin is in love with Sungji yet.

Same here

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Exactly! Though, I am still not convinced Sumin is in love with Sungji yet.

Just not yet. All her previous relationships have been just an escape for her. She was never really emotionally there. She tried not to be fully immersed so she wouldnt get hurt. Yet I think they all managed to leave a scar on her, especially the red hair who got married. But it's different this time with Sungji.

Sungji is like a fresh breeze in her life. Sumin is trying to take it slow because Sungji is like a delicate and fragile flower she's holding. But thanks to that, she learned how to be in a proper relationship. She learned to say sorry and made it up by giving Sungji wishes. She wasn't used to the things Sungji finds necessary for couples yet, like watching movies together, using nicknames, going out to the theme park, etc so she seemed not to be enjoying them at that particular moment (which made me feel like they're not on the same page most of the time). But I'm quite convinced that she's really getting there after that scene in the ferris wheel when she had a moment to remember and reflect on the times she spent with Sungji and realized she did kinda have fun. She's slowly learning to enjoy the simple (dumb) things again, like that time she had with Seju and the cotton candy when they were still young and innocent.

joined Jan 23, 2016

What does the fox say

joined Aug 18, 2015

Ah, I thought the doctor was Nam's brother hahaha.

turned out it's Nam's dad, not ma :)

last edited at Jan 24, 2016 3:04PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Ah, I thought the doctor was Nam's brother hahaha.

turned out it's Nam's dad, not ma :)

Our guess was incorrect xD

Acd34ecdb4f42e680ecf6b00cff43477
joined Sep 15, 2015

She's slowly learning to enjoy the simple (dumb) things again, like that time she had with Seju and the cotton candy when they were still young and innocent.

Yea. I think so too. I mean, Sumin was once a sweet lady. It kinda surprised me when she patted Sungji's head. That's when I realized that Sumin is already starting to move forward and get serious (if I'm not wrong) after 10 years of fooling around with other girls she could possibly date. Lol

last edited at Jan 24, 2016 11:58PM

joined May 20, 2013

I think I understand Sumin completely. The dream she dreamed about Seju and Sungji sleeping together . It was an act of jealousy also obsession. The brother , give Sumin a beat up, hospitalized in the hospital . It caused a trauma . That' s why Sumin so obsessed with Seju because she really loved her . But now she is gone and Sumin can't get over her at least in her dream . Wow ! To imagine that . It must be hard for her in the first place bcuz . Every time she with someone else the dream , plash back will haunt her often more than if she were alone . The point is not the 10 years cheating stuff . The point is they were over and she wants to move on , get a life! But she is haunted and be obsessed with the past . And worse the things that haunting her is around . Idk but she does not really have feeling for Sungji . But don't blame her just yet . I know deeply that she is trying but the problem that after Seju she can't have feeling ( prolong and sweet , naive , memorable..) for others . The remain is sexual attraction ( with her types) and trying to be responsibility . I think she is nice cuz not anyone tries , you know ! I'm just glad that Sungji is not a jerk or has complicated background for her to fight for and she are whole hearted to Sumin . And it's time for her to learn to accept that she couldn't forget Seju but live along with it peacefully ( the memories) , and tell Sungji about it slowly so that can relieve the pain . It might sounds selfish . But now seeing her miserable like that don't people should be more humane and sympathy with her . She Sungji is her gf now it is not a problem to share and consider it as a weight . And isn't it make they be more bonding together , more trusting and more loving each other ? Believe me guys , things happen ! Life happen . Btw I know you guys say that Sungji deserves a better person . But does Sumin deserved to be beaten and haunted? . Plus in the complications of relationship, there will be always problem but it's up to the person that make the relationship sinks or goes up

last edited at Jan 25, 2016 2:13PM

joined Sep 15, 2015

^I'm sorry if this'll sound offensive but...I only understood some(?) and the last 2 sentences of your post lol so yea.
I think you're sympathizing with Sumin about whatever happened to her & Seju or like idk supporting her 'character' even tho some here hates her?
Well, imo, some pasts are not meant to be brought up again coz it's gonna stir or screw things up again. Some pasts are meant to be forgotten or accepted. That's it.

last edited at Jan 25, 2016 2:24PM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Sumin please hug Seju. Thats all she needs at this moment is a comforting hug. By the way if people's theory are correct that Seju is indeed going to get killed off. Then Seju wearing black clothes and visting a hospital and talking about death is kind of a foreshadow of her death. Or Im just reading too much into the manga. I don't want Seju to be killed off. At least give her a happy ending.

last edited at Jan 26, 2016 2:34PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I don't think Sungji would be better off with someone else at all - I think they're perfect together, Sumin is so cool omg, but I'd like for Sungji to find some other reasons why she likes Sumin other than her looks, I mean I'm sure it's not just her looks, just Sungji might not realize yet what it is. I think Sumin really likes Sungji too but probably not in love with her yet... and I think she is over Seju, just not over everything that happened... I think Sungji is really funny, she seems to be kind of aloof but she's not at all, she's actually very sensitive XD
Also I don't like Seju, she's annoying >.> she cheated on Sumin and yeah maybe if Sumin had forgiven her things could have worked out but in the end I think Sumin x Sungjin is the best!
And also on lezhin it says sth about a plot twist........ I wonder what they mean >.> hope it doesn't mean someone has to die or sth, though I read in the comments some rumors about Seju dying but that's not such a big plot twist... what if Sumin tells her she's still in love with her before she dies and breaks up Sungji!!?!?! omg no, please no ;_;

last edited at Jan 26, 2016 4:29PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

^ Where on Lezhin did you read about a plot twist?

Plot twist: Sumin ends up with Nam

joined Aug 18, 2015

Plot twist: Sumin ends up with Nam

and Sungji ends up with Seju?

joined Dec 9, 2014

Death would be too obvious for a plot twist. But it wouldn't be surprising too (talking about convenietly removing the obstacle between Sumin and Sungji's r/s) since deaths are supposedly plot twists.

The way author has interlocked Sumin with Seju though...It doesn't feel like the classic development of getting over an ex. Usually the third party is chasing after that person who doesn't care much or feels guilty/obligated to them to really give the cold shoulder.

Not sure why author does it. To create more tension for the characters or something else?
Sumin is opening up to Sungji more, but the situation with Seju doesn't seem to change much.
I don't believe that Sumin will sleep with her now that she's with Sungji, but what about the emotional hold? Realisticaly in situations like this there is a chance of turning into a rebound. But since this is fiction everything can work i guess.
If i'm not wrong Sumin was upset of Seju telling her she would meet with a marriage partner (not sure if she was talking abou seju there, i think at chapter 27).
The sooner the better though.

There is also another question. How long could Sumin and Sungji last in the future? It's all cute and fun now, but do they have much common ground for this too? They are 10 years apart and their lives regarding romance so far have been really different.

There was also this detail in early chapters on how Seju hired Sungji on purpose.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

I dont watch korean drama nor movies at all. so here's what i think, Seju will end up marrying a guy arranged for her. It will be her dad's dying wish. Or it will be a good business move. And she'll fulfill a heterosexual life, kids and all, to continue the family business.
Sungji and sumin can just be their cute adorable selves forever.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

and Sungji ends up with Seju?

That would be one hell of a plot twist

There was also this detail in early chapters on how Seju hired Sungji on purpose

Yes, this is true. If I'm not mistaking, she hired Sungji who she thinks Sumin would like, because she knows what Sumin likes. I do wonder though if that's an important information in this story or not.

Seju will end up marrying a guy arranged for her. It will be her dad's dying wish. Or it will be a good business move. And she'll fulfill a heterosexual life, kids and all, to continue the family business.

I would rather team Gaji to kill Seju than to give her this ending.

joined Sep 15, 2015

Omg. Have you read the latest chapter ?? Have you seen how Sumin smiles when she saw Sungji ?? And that. That last part of the chapter. Just. Ohmygod.

To reply you must either login or sign up.