Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

romantic_reader
joined Jul 30, 2015

A very nice chapter. I’m curious to know what were Sung-pyo and No-rae talking about. I think he’s starting to realize something about No-rae’s true feelings.

Like ieeheh said, I too found a nice parallelism with chapter 38, where No-rae got involved in the bus accident and Seol-a ran to the hospital. But here, in comparison, I see No-rae very worried, and that’s good because she’s starting to show her feelings more. She is changing in a positive way.

As for the translation of past week’s chapter, to tell the truth I too found the expression “so you do you” a bit confusing (maybe because English is not my mothertongue). But I read your explanations and comments and everything is now clear for me. Thank you! :)

last edited at Jan 31, 2016 12:03PM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Yay No-Rae is more expressive. I really loved her worried/freaked out look. I think others may have noticed the atmosphere. This sounds wrong but if Seol-A would have sprained something I would have loved to see No-Rae feeding her. :3 Imagination running wild again. lol.

Enah was a total creeper in the beginning "Good morning sunshine, slept well?" I could totally see her saying that to No-Rae.

joined Jul 30, 2015

ieeheh:

Hooray FF finally got back its highest ranking position on Kor Comico!!!!!!

Yes!! Also, chapters 42-44 are now available.

confused1203:

Enah was a total creeper in the beginning "Good morning sunshine, slept well?" I could totally see her saying that to No-Rae.

No-rae literally jumped off the bed from the shock lol So funny

last edited at Jan 31, 2016 10:26AM

joined Sep 20, 2015

Is it me or did no-rae's eyes popped out after waking up next to enah? ^^, hah, that was hilarious.

How i wish seol-a got a nosebleed. . .That would have been awesome!! Also, I bet she is more surprise on how no rae reacted rather than her accident. Jezz, can't they tell they're both shooting love beams at each other???

Unnamed
joined Oct 22, 2015

Anybody else thinks it's ironic how the only drawn kisses in this 60 + chapters yuri manhwa is this:

And this:

Ssamba is trolling us. :P

joined Sep 20, 2015

Rere:

Anybody else thinks it's ironic how the only drawn kisses in this 60 + chapters yuri manhwa is this:

And this:

crap! I'll pretend i didn't see nor remember that! Who are they again??

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

ewqrwrqwerq - http://pastebin.com/PVuZvQPY

And this:

FF is yaoi wtf are you talking about No-rae is a guy

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@Rere
Hey hey hey it means Ssamba got sexy moves in store for Seolra, so expect something more amazing once they're dating hahhaha

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

ewqrwrqwerq - http://pastebin.com/PVuZvQPY

What the?!
Already?! Hail Halmoni

joined Sep 20, 2015

Thankz halmoni! :-)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Box: She says there's nothing wrong...
Box: But why do those words sound so sad?

Dude dont be delusional thinking she's sad because of you. It's because her bae is acting strange, and she's so dense to see it's all because of her

Sung-pyo: Did No-rae always have a friend like that...?

You mean... Did No-rae always have a pretty friend like that? Haha jk

I think Sung Pyo assumed when No-rae got so worried about a friend like that, she must've been a long-time friend.

last edited at Jan 31, 2016 11:35AM

Unnamed
joined Oct 22, 2015

FF is yaoi wtf are you talking about No-rae is a guy

Dammit. Now it all makes sense!

Thanks for the always amazingly fast translation, Halmoni. :)

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Holy crap, thanks for the lightning-fast translation halmoni. I hope you got some sleep...

Don't have any organized thoughts at the moment, but this chapter made me really happy. Go get your girl No-rae! And I love how Prez Yoon teases our girls, laughed out loud at No-rae falling out of bed in surprise.

ieeheh

You mean... Did No-rae always have a pretty friend like that? Haha jk

Surprise last-minute het: Sung-pyo/Seol-a

last edited at Jan 31, 2016 11:47AM

joined Aug 10, 2015

Yup, Nezchan beat me to it. A lot of AAVE phrases/vocab have made their way into more mainstream usage without people realizing the origin (i.e. stuff like "throwing shade"/"slay"/"____ gives me life"), and based on where I have seen "you do you" used I kind of assumed it fell into the same category. But who knows, it's basically impossible to google (all I got was some asinine article about millenials) and it's not like anyone officially tracks this type of thing ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Anyways, going back to the original point, if this is the case, then English speakers from outside the US might find that phrase unclear/confusing, which is too bad since the meaning seems to fit quite nicely. As for whether translations should avoid phrases that are specific to American English, that's a different issue.

...it seems I keep inadvertently derailing this thread from being about FF so I'll shut up now!

SPOILER ALERT!! Enah was actually Sung-pyo in a mask the whole time :O

AAVE is actually more encompassing than just phrases or vocabulary. It specifically speaks to how black people merged English with native languages spoken in parts of West Africa (its actually a mix of more than just that, but that's the basic gist of it).

Two of the most distinctive features of AAVE is the use of tense ("I been at the river" versus "I went down to the river") and double negatives ("I aint seen him nowhere" verses "I haven't seen him at all"). Most black people in the U.S. are considered to be bi-dialectical as they can speak AAVE and Standard American English (aka "The Queen's English").

Wikipedia actually has a really great article if you are interested in learning more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English

Most of the phraseology used today that is attributed to AAVE actually comes from black and latino LGBTQ communities and was basically co-opted (specifically terms such as "bitch read" "shade tree" "throwing shade" "everlasting life" etc). I won't get into how and why (because who really wants to have a discussion about race, gender, queerness, and money: not me), but I think you get my point.

Oh and as always thanks halmoni for the translation.

Halmoni is doing halmoni. That's how you do you, boo boo.

joined Feb 19, 2015

I think Sung-pyo meant how No-rae saying 'nothing's wrong' is sad in that there's nothing between them that really bothers her anymore, that their time together has gone and that she's moved on, hence 'nothing's wrong' about them just hanging out.

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

I think Sung-pyo meant how No-rae saying 'nothing's wrong' is sad in that there's nothing between them that really bothers her anymore, that their time together has gone and that she's moved on, hence 'nothing's wrong' about them just hanging out.

This was also the impression I got, but I wanted to double-check my Korean first before asking about it haha.

@Kinetik_09
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that AAVE was just a collection of phrases, I know it has its own grammar and everything but was trying not to go into too much detail (I was worried I was already getting too off-topic >__>). Didn't know about that second part though, thanks for the info.

last edited at Jan 31, 2016 12:07PM

Unnamed
joined Oct 22, 2015

crap! I'll pretend i didn't see nor remember that! Who are they again??

Same guy. No-rae ex, Sung-pyo.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Ah I see. It would have been better and clearer if he's said "why hearing those words is so sad?"

joined Jan 31, 2015

from halmoni's translation:

Sung-pyo: So you're a 4th year now, correct?
No-rae: Yep. Spot on.

4th year?

Shouldn't No-rae be in her 3rd year? Assuming it's January, the semester that's about to start would be the 2nd half of her 3rd year.

Unless she started university in winter for some reason.

... Or unless it's using the Korean age of reckoning for university years lolo

last edited at Jan 31, 2016 12:37PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

from halmoni's translation:

Sung-pyo: So you're a 4th year now, correct?
No-rae: Yep. Spot on.

4th year?

Shouldn't No-rae be in her 3rd year? Assuming it's January, this should be the 2nd half of her 3rd year.

I think Halmoni said school year started in March

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

anonymous

4th year?

Shouldn't No-rae be in her 3rd year? Assuming it's January, the semester that's about to start would be the 2nd half of her 3rd year.

My guess is that the study abroad/exchange program edit: oh wait the exchange program was Seol-a, and No-rae just took time off? (which she did after her 2nd year) counts as a year? Edit: after some backreading I think what ieeheh outlined below is correct. The only part that I'm confused about is that in the latest chapter No-rae says "It's already been 2 years" which doesn't seem consistent with the timeline?

Also, I was gonna congratulate you on your 1111th post but looks like I missed it :P

last edited at Jan 31, 2016 3:43PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

In the beginning Norae said she messed up her grades really bad in second year (because of the damn dude). So she probably took one semester off beginning third year in March (and summer break), then came back for the second half of the school year in Sep/Oct.
As of right now in the story's timeline, they already finished 3th year and waiting to come back as 4th year after winter break.

So when Sung Pyo asked if she's 4th year now its correct.

(It makes sense that they had the MT trip in the 2nd half of the school year when all students were familiar with each other already)

last edited at Jan 31, 2016 1:04PM

joined Mar 9, 2015

Hmmm I thought he may have referred to her tone that it sounded sad. "Nothing wrong" as in she's sad re her relationship with Seol-a being only as "friends" but her feelings is giving her troubles hence the sadness in her tone when saying nothing is wrong. Also her predicament to be more open with her feelings is partly due to him hurting her.

joined Jun 4, 2015

First time posting here. Today's my birthday and what a great gift/chapter was this one - the "hanging with some girl i've never seen before" part of drake's song came right up my mind when the ex said about seol-a, I think I never said thanks to Halmoni for the thing she does so... Halmoni, for you a bag full of 62 thanks and plz come to Brazil hahhahah (omg Im so funny in foreign language xD) well... Sorry for bad english, any brazilian here?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@Allebc welcome to the board :)

khyria

Is it me or did no-rae's eyes popped out after waking up next to enah? ^^, hah, that was hilarious.

Thanks for the good catch. I had a good real laugh out loud haha.

Next chapter? No-rae introduced Seol-a to Sung-Pyo and he will feel like an awkward third wheel

last edited at Jan 31, 2016 5:40PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.