Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Anon's explanation is a lot more thorough haha. Sleuthing a little further, No-rae is a Taurus (and Seol-a is a Libra). Since Chapter 19 took place partway through the fall school semester, the age mentioned there should be just +1 year compared to No-rae's Western age. So yeah, No-rae is 22. Not sure about Seol-a though.

I'm 95% sure the age stated in the comic is following Korean age reckoning. One thing people sometimes do to avoid confusion is instead of saying their age, they say the year they were born, and sort out seniority that way. But Ssamba probably doesn't want to tie down FF to a specific date.

last edited at Jan 26, 2016 12:22PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

Fan art by chmartx:

ORIGINAL FULL SIZE: http://postimg.org/image/yt4zze1zt/full/

MY QUEEN IS CRYING!! THIS IS AN ABOMINATION!! All the cuddles for you bby. There, there.. hush now, hush now~

[...] #why are they naked? #WHY NOT???

Source:
http://chmartx.tumblr.com/post/138055249601/my-queen-is-crying-this-is-an-abomination-all
http://40.media.tumblr.com/9503cf27344b6a442dd5c856f899623d/tumblr_o1jd4qNK7j1ug97doo1_1280.png

Feel free to check out other recent fan art in the FF art thread:
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/155928

joined Mar 9, 2015

An alternate translation of the part "so you do you" would be something like "I'll be doing my own thing" (implying "so go ahead and keep hanging out with your friend"). Dunno if that sounds any clearer to you?

Yeah thanks for that alternative translation.

last edited at Jan 26, 2016 1:16PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Seol-a said she would never give up if their feelings were real. But what would she do if the other person doesn't even feel the same? She is at loss. Seol-a "can't think straight" lol

Love definitely changes people. It could make the strong weak, and the weak strong. With Ssamba's obvious passion for parallels, will we see a No-rae who gave up on Sung-Pyo stands up and fights for (or runs after) Seol-a?

So many possibilities. May we wait in peace and rejoice in Seolrae.

Counting down: 4 more days

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

I think that Norae wish that Seola don't left her alone with her ex boyfriend. To this she was thoughtful, Ssamba put a lot of emphasis to the message of Seola, "so you do". It has already happened in other circumstances, both when they see one with a boy become insecure and they never know what to do. To the amusement park you remember? Norae went to recover Seola among the boys that the importuning her.

For Norae already hard to see how she feels about Seola, plus it's unimaginable that a beautiful girl like Seola, with a long list of ex-boyfriends, may have romantic feelings for her. And Seola too, when she was about to make the first move, the former boyfriend of Norae threw her insecurity because Seola think that Norae still have feelings for him (mistakenly).

I too would like that their relationship grows a bit and no end how many yuri manga at last page with the first kiss and the rest to the imagination.
Ssamba please, no ...

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I too would like that their relationship grows a bit and no end how many yuri manga at last page with the first kiss and the rest to the imagination.
Ssamba please, no ...

I refuse to believe it would end in such a pitty way! Ssamba still has about 40 chapters to come up with some worthy ending.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Does anyone remember which chapter Ssamba introduced this image?

joined Jan 31, 2015

Chapter 29, released 2015-04-06.

last edited at Jan 27, 2016 5:05PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@cipp re: stuff (。◕‿‿◕。)

== Seol-a ==
Just to be clear, I didn't feel like Seol-a was going backward in her feelings. I think she's well over the hump. I just meant that her head dialogue at that moment seemed to be full of dissonance, cognitive dissonance. Totally normal. I wasn't implying any wish-washiness in her feelings. I didn't have words to express that clearly. Still don't, I guess. ha-ha.

Thank you for clarifying your point about "having her hand forced". Those hypotheses sound reasonable to me. I, too, disagree with the thought that Seol-a is more invested. Her personality just lends itself to being more expressive. It's easier to see.

== Sung-pyo ==
I think--hope Sung-pyo is still around because their (his and No-rae's) story hasn't had an explicit close. If he's just present to have generated this angst for Seol-a, I think that would weaken the story telling. And complete closure doesn't have to have No-rae talking to him. He could just see that she feels deeply for Seol-a (e.g., if their relationship evolves on the trip or something). He'd probably recognize the in love/deep feelings in No-rae--if something happens.

== No-rae ==
I'm really looking forward to the next chapter (and I didn't want to leave No-rae out ;)).

P.S. I just learned how to do strikethrough with Markdown (or whatever flavor it is that is used on this forum). Woo! Not what I wanted though. I like tildes for headers. ¯\(ツ)_/¯_

P.P.S. I know HOW TO LINK! Wooooo. (I learned this on second edit.) 1) Right-click on the date-timestamp post link of the post (to the right of the username) 2) copy 3) paste. (The first time I figured it out I click on the "x posts" link, clicked on the thread name link and copied and pasted the link from the address bar.)

last edited at Jan 27, 2016 5:30PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Chapter 29, released 2015-04-06.

Thank you anonymous!!!
You're like a living FF encyclopedia lol.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

if anything, I have quite high expectations about the chapter 62, simply because mathematically this is a golden ratio for a 100.
On the other hand, I don't actually believe in 100 chapters being something definite. Ssamba herself said that she didn't expect FF to be that long. There are many factors which can make the story shorter or longer. So I wouldn't actually set any expectations and push the author, but instead enjoy the drama as it naturally rolls out.
Some might say that certain events are too conveniently plotted to be considered natural. Yeah, that's true. I however don't care much about it because for me FF is about the characters and their fluttering experience with which I can empathise a lot. So I can easily last and enjoy another 100 chapters without the story progressing any further. It's this fluttering feeling of regularly reaching the edge and then taking step back for various reasons which actually makes it so interesting for me.

Regarding the translation "mistake", I personally interpreted this so-called "denial" as Seola experiencing another feeling new to her - jealousy. However if the interpretations mentioned somewhere above in the thread are right, then I guess I'd suggest to phrase Seola's words as "What is she doing to me?" or "What kind of creature is she?". Regardless, halmoni, thatanon, anonymous, thanks a lot for your effort in bringing us the TL so enormously fast! You're all really awesome! <3

Next chapter zombie predictions? Ina gets Seola drunk too in order to let her out of the depression. Then they wake up in the morning and have a threes.. - no, to hell with this idea. I'm really not fond of this kind of relationships.
So... then Ina tells something cheerful to Seola.. Seola takes Norae to their room, and they fall asleep together on Norae's bed.. because Norae's already sleeping and Seola just got both physically and mentally tired. And then they wake up totally like a couple... and then my fangirling mind goes blank because I'm falling asleep myself now.
Anyway, I root for an accidental kiss or a very warm and cosy scene that will help Seola believe a bit more in her own strength. And then we need a proper resolution to the ex. At least Norae must explain Seola that there's no reason to get jealous. Actually that would be sweet if Norae realises that Seola really is simply plain jealous.
Another sweet scene is that if they do fall asleep on one bed, Norae could wake up first, enjoy the sight of cutely sleeping Seola next to her, and will want to do something physical to Seola. Like, kissing or smth like that. Which would wake Seola up and they will get both very very very awkward xD Ok.. I stop now and go for sweet dreams.
Love you all! Love FF!

last edited at Jan 27, 2016 7:19PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

takachi I like the idea of warm and cosy interaction scenes after the turbulence caused by the ex. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

@ieeheh: "May we wait in peace and rejoice in Seolrae" makes it sound like we're all part of some FF-based religion lol ^^

@mikasamikasa77

I think that Norae wish that Seola don't left her alone with her ex boyfriend. To this she was thoughtful, Ssamba put a lot of emphasis to the message of Seola, "so you do".

It's hard to tell what No-rae was thinking in that scene. Obviously she was bothered by something, but I don't think it was about being left alone, exactly -- Seol-a originally was going to go snowboarding on her own anyways, remember? I don't think Sung-pyo is the reason either, the two of them get along and I think they got most of the awkwardness out of their systems the last time they met. Which leaves 2 possibilities that I can think of:
1. The tone of Seol-a's message was a little stiff/terse (at least this is the impression I got, though my Korean isn't good enough to know for sure) and No-rae is wondering why Seol-a is acting distant all of a sudden. It would be great if she went and talked to her directly about it.
2. No-rae is bothered specifically by the fact that Seol-a saw her together with Sung-pyo and possibly made some assumption about the two of them. But honestly I don't think No-rae has made this connection yet, though I really want her to.

@ffins07

I think--hope Sung-pyo is still around because their (his and No-rae's) story hasn't had an explicit close. If he's just present to have generated this angst for Seol-a, I think that would weaken the story telling.

Oh, agreed. Given Sung-pyo's importance to the way No-rae thinks about love and relationships, it would make zero sense if he just disappeared again after just affecting just Seol-a. Not that jealousy/angst can't be used well in stories, but I really dislike when it's the trigger for a couple to get together. shakes my fist at the ending of Aoi Hana So even if it might be quicker/easier, I don't want to see Seol-a being the one to make big moves next chapter. As you said earlier, the ball is in No-rae's court now, and from a narrative standpoint Sung-pyo is a potential catalyst for her to take action.

And complete closure doesn't have to have No-rae talking to him. He could just see that she feels deeply for Seol-a (e.g., if their relationship evolves on the trip or something). He'd probably recognize the in love/deep feelings in No-rae--if something happens.

I actually hadn't considered this scenario but yeah, that would be another good way to resolve things. On one hand, a (presumably) straight guy is not the first person I'd count on to pick up on f/f attraction, but on the other hand, Sung-pyo must know No-rae pretty well, and maybe he can read some things that she herself isn't aware she's expressing.

@takachi

if anything, I have quite high expectations about the chapter 62, simply because mathematically this is a golden ratio for a 100. [...] So I can easily last and enjoy another 100 chapters without the story progressing any further. It's this fluttering feeling of regularly reaching the edge and then taking step back for various reasons which actually makes it so interesting for me.

Wow, you can use the golden ratio for plot too? :P But yeah I'm really looking forward to the next chapter as well. As for having FF go for another 100 chapters... in some ways I don't want FF to end and will be sad when it does, because what will I read then? I haven't run across anything else like it in the f/f genre (though if anyone has, please rec me stuff). But I feel like given the current pace, 100 chapters is a good length, and I'm not just saying that for the sake of my sanity. Yeah, there's been a lot of "fluttering" back and forth, but what's great is that it's a little different every time, with overall progress being made, slowly. I don't know if it's possible to stretch out the story longer without retreading the same emotional ground.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@ieeheh: "May we wait in peace and rejoice in Seolrae" makes it sound like we're all part of some FF-based religion lol ^^

Haha solely because I've been watching The 100 and their goodbye prayer always sounds so catchy to me
In peace may you leave this shore
In love may you find the next
Safe passage on your travels until our final journey to the ground
May we meet again

But yes, I'm gradually becoming a FF die-hard fan, might as well be religious and have some faith in Seolrae and Ssamba hahaha

But I feel like given the current pace, 100 chapters is a good length, and I'm not just saying that for the sake of my sanity.

100 is a perfect length for me. I cant afford for the series to last any longer than that. My real life has been screaming out for me

last edited at Jan 28, 2016 6:23PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

... I just realized something.

cipp, did you make this?

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/154698

OMGGG

last edited at Jan 28, 2016 11:23PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@anonymous:

cipp, did you make this?

OMGGG

I was curious about that too. ...cipp?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

cipp, did you make this?

OMGGG

I kinda assumed it was cipp's the moment I noticed cipp in the discussion

Hope I wasnt being too assumptious.

last edited at Jan 29, 2016 1:38AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I wish someone could add all FF chapters in one single imgur album so I could re-read them all at once easily, assuming my phone's memory/cache whatever can handle it.

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Noooo, my secret identity... I knew I should have added more c's to my Tumblr username!
(j/k, I just used cccipp because cipp is being hoarded by a greedy Italian)

But yeah, that be me :^) I rarely draw these days but sometimes a silly idea comes along and you just gotta run with it...

joined Jan 31, 2015

cipp:

Noooo, my secret identity... I knew I should have added more c's to my Tumblr username!

Or put a "not" in front; that would've totally thrown me off. :o

cipp:

(j/k, I just used cccipp because cipp is being hoarded by a greedy Italian)

Who hasn't had their desired username stolen by a damn greedy Italian?

cipp:

But yeah, that be me :^) I rarely draw these days but sometimes a silly idea comes along and you just gotta run with it...

It's very well done. Nice job.

Look forward to more works from you, if you ever get inspired again. :3

I-I mean, it would be nice... N-not that I'm obsessed with FF fan art or anything... >>;;

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

@FFF

Thanks Halmoni for translation (and not meaning to be ungrateful) I think the bubble where Seol-A calls No-Rae about snowboard doesn't translate well: sorry and always grateful for your quick translation.

An alternate translation of the part "so you do you" would be something like "I'll be doing my own thing" (implying "so go ahead and keep hanging out with your friend"). Dunno if that sounds any clearer to you?

Literally it says "You do it your way", or "You do it however you want to do it", which more or less implies "Whatever"/"Suit yourself"/"Have it your way"/etc. It doesn't necessarily say anything about Seol-a's actions in particular, she's commenting on No-rae's actions in a sort of sarcastic/"I give up" manner. 네 (you) =/= 내 (me), although they're homophones in written speech (but not in common spoken speech).

Usually when I'm translating a rough draft I tend to go for the most literal translation possible, so it's good to see feedback on what lines I need to clarify or change for the final drafts. I couldn't really think of anything else other than "you do you (boo boo)" cuz I'm a ghetto ass ho but yeah I'll probably adjust that line later to something less ratchet.

Dose anyone know excatly how old norae and seola ...i mean i thought they were around 21 but they both went on year break in austrelia so must be 22 right ?

On a character bio page No-rae was listed as being 23. This is most likely in Korean age, because a lot of people in Korea still use this system, so it's more familiar for readers (it might confused Korean readers if the ages were in Western age). Your Korean age is your western age that you'll be turning that year + 1 (i.e. if I'm turning 22 this year, I'm currently 23 in Korea). Your age changes on New Years day (January 1st), along with everyone else.

Considering how we're probably near January/December in FF's current timeline, I'm guessing No-rae is 22 but she'll be turning 23 next spring. Seol-a is most likely the same age as No-rae, but a couple of months younger (her birthday is in the fall).

Ssamba please, no ...

They're gonna have their first kiss in chapter 100 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

last edited at Jan 29, 2016 6:54PM

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Literally it says "You do it your way", or "You do it however you want to do it", which more or less implies "Whatever"/"Suit yourself"/"Have it your way"/etc. It doesn't necessarily say anything about Seol-a's actions in particular, she's commenting on No-rae's actions in a sort of sarcastic/"I give up" manner. 네 (you) =/= 내 (me), although they're homophones in written speech (but not in common spoken speech).

네/내 is exactly where I got tripped up -__- Thanks for the explanation halmoni, I learned something new today. (dumb mistakes like this are the reason why I have to ask my mom to proofread before I send anything to my own halmoni)

At least I wasn't too far off in thinking that the tone of what Seol-a said was what bothered No-rae?

@anonymous

It's very well done. Nice job.
Look forward to more works from you, if you ever get inspired again. :3

Thanks! It's good to know that it wasn't only funny in my head (which is usually the case). I might doodle more stuff if the story doesn't take a happy turn soon. As a totally real wise person once said, "Be the fluff you want to see in the world FF" :)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

네/내 is exactly where I got tripped up -__- Thanks for the explanation halmoni, I learned something new today. (dumb mistakes like this are the reason why I have to ask my mom to proofread before I send anything to my own halmoni)

So cipp, you are Korean too. How cool

But I'm jealous of anyone who can understand FF in their first reading

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@cipp: Thank you for sharing! I enjoyed it too. A nice addition to the art thread. :)

joined Jan 17, 2016

Nah ...i think seola is older than norea ...cuz seola said she thinks of her as a younger sister at first so if she was older .she couldent say that ....so ..seola is definitely older

To reply you must either login or sign up.