Forum › Fire Emblem Fates has same-sex marriages, 2 versions officially confirmed for the west

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-fates-has-same-sex-marriages-2-versions-officially-confirmed-for-the-west/

In the Conquest edition of the game, there is a male character that the game’s player may have his/her male main character marry after they bond in battle. Similarly, the Birthright edition features a female character that a female main character may marry after bonding in battle. Both of the aforementioned characters can be encountered in the third edition of the game.”

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Hooray, finally! Although I think there were lots of homo-subtext in previous games, this is the first Fire Emblem game to be official, right?

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

It's really cute how Nintendo tries it's best to avoid alienating customers
Not enough games? Release all the marios
Oh shit we could have allowed something controversial thanks to a bug, better fix it.
Wait people the gay? Let's give them the gay

Nintendo feels like he most disconnected from civilazation- company there is, other companies are just assholes, but it takes a lot of work to be dense as them

1w
joined Jun 17, 2015

Must. Get. 3DS. NOW.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

It's really cute how Nintendo tries it's best to avoid alienating customers
Not enough games? Release all the marios
Oh shit we could have allowed something controversial thanks to a bug, better fix it.

Nintendo feels like he most disconnected from civilazation- company there is, other companies are just assholes, but it takes a lot of work to be dense as them

What are you saying? Like are you complementing them or insulting them?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

It really does feel like that, only one character per game is kinda like saying "Here's your homosexual shit, happy?"

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

what about the lesbian?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

It really does feel like that, only one character per game is kinda like saying "Here's your homosexual shit, happy?"

Isn't it like that in a lot of games though? Like if there's a gay option, there'll only be one person available as opposed to the many straight options. At least that's how it is a lot of the time.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

What I know about them is from TV Tropes.

Broken Base: Same sex marriages have been confirmed (the avatar can marry one male or one female of the same gender), and with it a storm of debate. Some people are overjoyed, some are crying out that Nintendo is pushing a political agenda, and others are indifferent to it. That's not even getting into the people displeased with the fact that Zero and Tharja-Expy second-gen unit Shara are the player's only choices for a Gay Option, since they both seem to be cruel and violently mentally unstable.

If anyone could please confirm if it's really like that.

last edited at Jun 24, 2015 12:56PM

joined Apr 19, 2014

Hooray, finally! Although I think there were lots of homo-subtext in previous games

Not really. There's a few (like probably less than seven or eight across 12ish games, mostly men) kinda-sorta-if-you-squint subtexty relations but for most of them you have to intentionally ignore one or more straight ships with vastly more in-game support.

Isn't it like that in a lot of games though? Like if there's a gay option, there'll only be one person available as opposed to the many straight options. At least that's how it is a lot of the time.

In something like Mass Effect where you have like half a dozen party members yeah. Fire Emblems usually have 30+ playable characters. Fates looks like has about 25 per version but I'm not too sure, haven't been paying much attention.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Oh, the last Fire Emblem game, I heard the dialogs were exactly the same. i.e. if your player was a male, and you maxed out a male companion's tree, you got the same dialog options as if you had been female. The only difference was maxing out, as the female, would allow you to get "married" and have a kid.

last edited at Jun 24, 2015 2:02PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Okay, when y'all put it that way it sounds kinda bad, the way Nintendo phrased it, but at the very least it's a start. And I'm still gonna buy it, no matter how iffy it is! Right?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Happy for the gay. Sad it's only for the MC and the one option. I'd rather ship girls with girls...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Not really. There's a few (like probably less than seven or eight across 12ish games, mostly men) kinda-sorta-if-you-squint subtexty relations but for most of them you have to intentionally ignore one or more straight ships with vastly more in-game support.

In Awakening Tharja was a creepy stalker even if you're using the female avatar and i'm pretty sure she sneaks a kiss while femavatar is asleep, pretty sure that's why Shara will cover the lesbian part in this one since she's her expy

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

The gay options, Zero and Shara:

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Hopefully she won't be a total Tharja recolor.

last edited at Jun 24, 2015 3:37PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

supposedly, this is the S-rank dialogue.
http://pastebin.com/rtcskvXA

dont think anyone has gotten to the amie dialogue yet

To reply you must either login or sign up.