Forum › Recent Posting Habits I've Noticed **Long Post**

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Since I cannot PM other members about this topic, I guess I'll air my thoughts on it for everyone to see. These are just my observations on it and I guess, it would be interesting to see the feedback. I've done something similar on another forum a while back and I ask that we keep it civil and respectful so things do not get out of hand. (I.E. clamp down on finger pointing, using insults, and etc.) Please. Let me be clear though, this does not seem to be a major problem or an issue thus far, but it has appeared as a recent trend as far as I can see and has bothered me enough to comment on it. I am not sure how it is for other members here but I just wanted to air this out and get it off my chest. I know it's the internet and yadda yadda yadda but we are all participating on this site, supporting a genre and its authors, artists, and hard working scanlation teams that bring us these stories.

Now, down to business...

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know, The Feelings We All Must Endure has definitely sparked a lot of controversy with Amano and her works here at Dynasty and I've seen some pretty demeaning posts. One thing I don't seem to understand is the amount of shock and, what seems to me, borderline hate for her all of a sudden over one story that just about frustrated nearly everyone here in more ways than one. Some of the posts I read, which on a whole, are thankfully ignored by just about everyone else, were some of the most very insulting and demeaning comments I think I have ever seen on the site. I know people in the past have been displeased with other series and authors but these comments are just unbelievable. (There have also been numerous other similar posts in other series as well, most notably Citrus and Fragments of Love.)

At the same time, Amano's The Feelings All We Must Endure has sparked one of the most intriguing debates I have seen on this site with some great posts by numerous members. It's been an absolute joy to read and participate in. In that regard, I want to thank everyone as it is a great example of why I love this site and the members here. The same goes for Citrus as well. However, I myself admit that Feelings has been frustrating as all hell to read and I may have ragged on the author out of frustration here and there but nothing bordering on the levels of hate I have witnessed. Amano has produced some great stories and one shots, dissing all of those over one series and any of her future works is just beyond me.

I realize that many of us invest our time in following authors, reading their stories, discussing them here in the forums, and sharing and participating in our love of the genre. While I do not see anything wrong with voicing your opinion that maybe a story has been shoddily written, or that everyone is acting unrealistically in the story, and etc., acting like a 12 yr. old in Call of Duty multiplayer matches does no good for anyone. The posts I am referencing add nothing to the discussion, discredit the poster, and generally annoy everyone else and eventually leads to fighting among members when the patience of others wears thin. For example, I had enough and fired back at a poster in the Citrus discussion and let that poster and others know I had had enough of their attitude:

Other Member's Initial Post

Holy shit this has got to be the worst chapter that has come out. Seriously, i'm so disappointed with the art and "plot". LIke what the fuck is wrong with the author or team that made that shit? They need some fucking practice, need to take time reading real fucking yuri, or at least read these fucking comments to see what we yuri fans like. But no, it's like they give no fucks and don't even try. And after what seems like ages, they put out just GARBAGE. They need to stop this shit and take a new turn or they're just a disgrace from yuri genre. Goddamn how frustrating. All I want is some well written yuri. Is that so much to ask for? Jesus fucking Christ. Just dumb cause now I have to wait soo long for another chapter that may be worse or just little better. How can they do this to us? I'd donate money if that'd mean writers would start putting out better written shit. Fuck.

My response

OH NOES WAT DO I DOOOOO!!! SOMEONE PWEEZE HELP MEEEE!!!! MY YURI ISN'T YURING ENOUGH!!!! Otsu Hiyori, Morinaga Milk, Amano Shuninta, Morishima Akiko, and Takemiya Jin!! COME SAVE ME WITH YOUR YURINESSES!!!! - That aside....

You know, you could just... not read Yuri anymore. That'd save the rest of us from having to read your useless, annoying, immature post. No, make that posts. Looking at your posting history, I can easily see that it has a lot of "fuck this" in it. Nothing constructive, or praise worthy and instead you are constantly insulting the authors. Granted, many of us have been disappointed with authors and stories and the like but, I don't remember seeing a lot of posts like yours. Honestly, if none of the stories you read here satisfy you enough to write something positive or to take part in a debate in a positive or constructing manner, then please leave and never come back. Your attitude and posting habits are wholly unwarranted here.

There have been, it seems to me, a flurry of similar posts all around the forums. Some members have been frustrated enough to drop a series and I can understand that and I think others do as well. I did the same with Octave when I first read it. The MC had me pulling my hair out and I had to stop reading it. I think, I put it off for a year and came back and gave it another try and it turned out to be one of my all-time favorite stories on the site. (It tops Girl Friends and Sasameki Koto imho and both of those are classics.) It taught me that sometimes, a story gets much better with time and maybe one might need to wait until it finishes to get a better idea of the themes and topics in it, or just to mature a bit more and maybe you/I would understand it better. In other stories, I originally criticized them but posts by other members gave me pause to rethink and reread and reconsider the story.

I'm running out of steam here lol so I'll say this;

I have read some excuses behind why some make posts like the one above and so far none of them cut it. If you are frustrated, angry, and just incredibly pissed because a story rubbed you the wrong way. Before you bash your rage into the keyboard, take a moment to relax and post something less hateful and more constructive and or at least, less jarring and something people would be willing to hold a conversation with you on.

Thanks for taking the time to read that entire post :)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Dood, I feel ya... When I read "Shit and Fuck" more than once in a comment I just skip it and wait for a mod to delete it, is just sad... like "Woah dude, take it easy or just don't take it at all" they react as if they actually bought the manga or they're directly paying the authors for specific instructions of how a manga should be done.

With Citrus I said (not sure if someone remembers) that I would skip this latest chapter and wait for the next, I haven't read this new chapter but I am reading the comments and I can't believe their reactions, although the chapters seems to be all that I feared it would, some people are badly overreacting.

With The Feelings I must endure, I learned from my experience in citrus and I just wrote "I don't care anymore" becoz yeah, I was dissapointed but I can just play Hyperdimension neptunia instead of showing everyone how many curse words I can put in one sentence.

I would love to just discuss with everyone about the plot but is too hard, I normally speak spanish so my sentences are all weird for you... probably. So is hard to keep up with you guys, some of you deserve rewards for analisis. I remember when we were discussing the time in citrus where they didn't even tried to discuss what happened after Mei tried to give herself to Yuzu ,it was nice... It helped me to understand better.

So yeah, people... TAKE IT EASY! be polite!

If only we could all enjoy as we Enjoy Stretch XD seriously, is all love and frienship there hahaha

last edited at Mar 3, 2015 11:16AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Dood, I feel ya... When I read "Shit and Fuck" more than once in a comment I just skip it and wait for a mod to delete it, is just sad... like "Woah dude, take it easy or just don't take it at all" they react as if they actually bought the manga or they're directly paying the authors for specific instructions of how a manga should be done.

To be fair though, I don't delete stuff just for naughty language or being overwrought. Although I often facepalm at it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.