Forum › New copyright bill in Japan's Diet

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

New copyright bill in Japan's Diet Act on Behalf of Copyright Holders [http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-21/japanese-bill-would-let-publishers-act-on-behalf-of-copyright-holders]

Anyone been paying attention to this?

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just curious if anyone especially the translators and uploaders have been paying attention/tracking this.

last edited at Apr 26, 2014 8:53PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

At least in the Hentai scanlation scene, Wani Publishing it has been sending numerous DMCA at various scanlations teams requesting the take down of material published on its magazines. A few groups folded because of this but outside of limiting (for now) the hentai available there's no other consequence, and that started at the beginning of April.

I think we will be getting some hiccups here and there for a while but I doubt we will be seeing any lasting consequences.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Thanks D_T. From what I read, it should not target scanlations of released material, just unreleased materials. However, I am a firm believer in the "law of unintended consequences." I get nervous at what that could mean for scanlation groups and especially the readers.

but I doubt we will be seeing any lasting consequences.

let's hope so.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Definitely agreeing with you ciega. I can definitely see certain companies issuing them out anyway just to keep it from happening. However, should they not be more worried about the leaks? I think that's a bigger security risk if you ask me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.