Forum › Anybody know a beginner writing sites for feedback and writing help?

Marisa
joined Jul 1, 2016

I'm a very very beginner writer and I want to look for things to help me I've posted what I needed help before on reddit but i got nothing but downvotes for no reason (I said what my story was about and what kind of types of stories i'm looking for to help and got nothing) so i was wondering if anyone knows about a site that can help with this kind of stuff.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm not sure how much relevant communities I could point you to, but what kind of stories are you interested in writing?

Marisa
joined Jul 1, 2016

I'm not sure how much relevant communities I could point you to, but what kind of stories are you interested in writing?

The story/moral is about choosing you own path, as in kinda like a story about defiance but the MC doesn't entierly choose side with the villan or the resistance.
An example i can think atop my head is Ratatouille, Remy neither fully sides with Django(Remy's dad) or Linguini
These stories where both sides have a point and tend to have bitter-sweet endings.

08bfe81a-adc0-4b62-8695-fb0e9feb4b41
joined Nov 14, 2022

I’m in the same boat, I want to write but it’s hard to find places where you can get feedback. I’ve mostly been posting on AO3 but it’s hard for original stories to get attention there.

I’m also too embarrassed to send gay fantasy romance to friends for feedback.

joined Oct 18, 2023

I want to get feedback on my writing, but to be honest, for now, I'm scared to post something. And I don't know any good platform. I usually write short stories, and when I need some help, I send them to my friend. He writes, too, and can provide some quality feedback.

To reply you must either login or sign up.