Forum › Application for translator

joined Apr 5, 2011

Name: 10sigh_baka
Contact info: whats.ur.name.again@gmail.com I had mIRC before but I think it expired or something... idk...
Preferred series: Well I'm only really here because I found out you guys only just released chapter 37~ And I have all the raws up to 47 (loved the anime and been following the manga closely ever since!) I just want to work on SK at the moment... if you don't really need more people on the project then disregard this application I guess ^^; or keep me in the backup list. I am unlikely to work on any other series since I actually have a. lot. of work to do at the moment.
Ability to work: Well that's a good question o.o Hmmm at the moment probably only 3 or 4 hours a week available for Dynasty Scans. That could change though.
A bit about myself: Girl Friends would be my absolute favourite yuri series ,<
ahem I think I just yuri-fangirled instead of saying anything about myself =.=
welll as for translating... I've been doing translating here and there for just less than a year now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmpu9uQv2Ic that's me there... and the rest of the series so far (yeah as you can see, I'm pretty slow, so don't get your hopes up)
Because those videos were kinda a minor side project with minimal editing, what you see in those subs are pretty much my unedited script, so that's what you'll be working with if you take me on =/

Anyway, what was I saying? Uh yeah, just give me a yes or a no for SK at this stage. That's all I'm really here for :)

Cheers

joined Mar 23, 2011

I really hop you'll get a positive answer, always nice to have have more translators and especialy when they are motivated.
Can't wait for the next SK release.
Cheers

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Keep in mind that we only translate from the tanks, so while magazine scans of up to 47 are out, we're only a few chapters behind the tanks at the moment. Unfortunately, translation is the quickest part of the task, really. Editing is the difficult part of the job and thus where the most potential for slowness occurs. Honestly, I don't think that adding a translator would help us to get SK out more quickly because it already gets top priority whenever new tanks come out. What having a new translator for SK would do is let us get translations done for series that currently get less love, so that's still a positive. Either way, getting our new editors trained up is what's going to help speed up SK more than anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not trying to discourage you from applying. We'll still need you to take a translation test, but if you want to join up and work on just SK, that's perfectly fine.

To reply you must either login or sign up.