Forum › English manga release licenses

joined Nov 4, 2020

Hi guys so I was wanting to know what it meant if the english version of a manga on here is licensed because it says that the content is taken down but for a manga i was reading A room for Two just updated the english version so does that mean that it will still be updated after a certain time frame of the physical manga's release date and also I thought that it would no longer update so is that true for some of them or is that not true at all? If someone could answer this I would be so greatful.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hi! Sorry, the banner message you're referring to is confusing and no longer applicable, but can't be easily changed as of now. The series - and plenty more - is licensed, but that does not necessarily mean all licensed material on the site is removed, or removed immediately. In most cases, we will continue to post new updates based on what the original scanlation team chooses to do. In this case, they've continued working on the series, so we're continuing to host it. In most cases when content is removed by the scanlation teams, it seems that they would prefer to remove the content as soon as it is licensed.

In sum, the banner message is true for some but not all, and when the content will be removed is subject to the decisions of people "outside" the site, so I'm not able to comment on those directly. If you see the banner saying the content has been removed and the content is still there, it's safe to assume it will remain there in the future.

joined Nov 4, 2020

oh ok thanks so much

To reply you must either login or sign up.