Forum › A Free King discussion

joined Feb 8, 2016

Noice and wholesome

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

@credits page: Seems Takitarou isn't aware that there have been female "kings" in both real life and fiction, rare as they are.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_free_king#7

... Shouldn't "Oshida" in Marie's thought bubble in the first panel be "Andou"?

__tachibana_hibiki_senki_zesshou_symphogear_drawn_by_namayon
joined Jul 14, 2017

@MarqFJA87

I would think he'd be aware of that because of series like the Fate/series showing "Kings" who are biologically female, but shown to the public as male. But maybe Takitarou doesn't know that the title of King is just simply a title, and that females could ascend the throne as King if they are the only legitimate heir.

Pg.07 says "Oshida wo hikiai ni daseba". I believe she's saying if she can get Oshida to go along with this, she'll be able to go through with no problems. I think Marie's worried that Oshida may be so repulsed of Andou being Commander, that she won't stand for it and make it harder for Marie to enjoy her now carefree life.

joined Oct 29, 2019

Wasn't in Fate, Arturia's gender is hidden? Well, that aside, I think the title "king" is usually used exclusively for male monarch (with even the online dictionary specifying that part). Female ruler usually used some other names.

last edited at May 1, 2021 2:05PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.