Forum › New yuri manga by Masamune-kun's Revenge creator

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

So I just found out about this... Is quite surprising!

Masamune-kun's Revenge manga writer Hazuki Takeoka launched the Kyō, Koshiba Aoi ni Aetara. (If I can encounter Koshiba Aoi today.) manga in the January 2019 issue of Ichijinsha's Monthly Comic Rex magazine on Tuesday. IRODUKU: The World in Colors anime character designer Fly is illustrating the manga.

The manga centers on "cultured high school girl" Sahoko and "spontaneous high school girl" Aoi. A "punch-drunk love story" unfolds as they spend their fleeting youth in high school.

Writer Takeoka and female Korean artist Tiv (Heaven's Memo Pad manga) launched Masamune-kun's Revenge in 2012. The main Masamune-kun's Revenge manga ended in Monthly Comic Rex in June after entering its climax in December 2016. An original anime disc (OAD) that Ichijinsha bundled with the manga's 10th volume and shipped on July 27. Takeoka and Tiv launched a spinoff titled Masamune-kun no Revenge after school in Monthly Comic Rex on September 27.

ANN

And these are some pictures I found somewhere else

And this one is spoilers

So anyway, I saw 2 episodes of masamune kun and it wasn't a big deal, I mean I didn't wanted to keep watching but maybe her (Hazuki sounds like a girl name but I'm not sure) talent will shine with yuri?

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I'm ashamed to admit I actually watched all of Masamune-kun's Revenge. I don't usually watch harem series, but the premise was promising, with a reformed fat kid trying to get revenge as a fit teenager against the girl who rejected him when he was younger. As someone who is a former chubby kid, it felt sort of relatable. Or it should have been anyway, if any of the characters were likable. Especially Masamune, who was a solid 10/10 shitheel (not even in a good entertaining way, sadly). The story telling was also forgettable, it just quickly turned into an incredibly bland romcom that wasn't romantic or funny.

That said, maybe the manga showcased the characters better and was more enjoyable, no clue. If their writing was anything like the anime, I just hope they've learned and grown as a writer since.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I agree that Masamune-kun no Revenge had an interesting premise, but grew stale quickly due to its blandness. In any case, I read through the prologue and skimmed through the first chapter (only found Chinese translations, which I can barely read - just give me them raws, ahh!) and it looked rather promising. Sahoko seems like a funny character, and Fly's art is always beautiful to look at ;) Can't wait for more.

To reply you must either login or sign up.