Forum › Anybody recognize this?

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Hi,

I stumbled upon this music video and was wondering if this is a movie. Oooh, I really hope so, because, it looks amazing!

Link to Youtube

Does anybody have an idea what movie (short film, I take whatever xD) this might be? I really hope this is a thing :D
(I could have asked the uploader of the vid, but he didn't answer to a similar question from six months ago, so..... T-T)

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 6:14PM

joined Jan 4, 2014

Hi,

I stumbled upon this music video and was wondering if this is a movie. Oooh, I really hope so, because, it looks amazing!

Link to Youtube

Does anybody have an idea what movie (short film, I take whatever xD) this might be? I really hope this is a thing :D
(I could have asked the uploader of the vid, but he didn't answer to a similar question from six months ago, so..... T-T)

Ehm. The music video seems to have merely grabbed inspiration from various older horror movies (mainly Roger Coreman I'd say). Given the number of repeated scenes, I'd say they were on a bit of a budget too. I'd be rather surprised if there is a short film of any kind behind that.

If you are looking for music videos that follow the nature of this site to some extent, I would suggest Hayley Kiyoko's stuff on YouTube. The music style is less 80s emo electronica than the other band, but in terms of the "is it warm in here or is that just me"-factor, I'd say the videos surpass it in many ways. "Girls like Girls" is pretty famous anyway, and one of the few videos that does not feature Hayley herself (another is "One Bad Night", which is very sweet, but addresses a different kind of LGBT topic); "Cliffs Edge" and "Sleepover" are interesting, with the former having a bit of a dark edge as well; "Feelings" is technically one of the most harmless ones, but in terms of chemistry... The newest one "Curious" is nice too, even if the topic is a bit painful.

If you want something a bit more edgy, there are always The Veronicas, with the Ruby Rose directed video being quite the standout (the singer and Ruby were a couple at the time...).

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Hi,

Link to Youtube

Ehm. The music video seems to have merely grabbed inspiration from various older horror movies (mainly Roger Coreman I'd say). Given the number of repeated scenes, I'd say they were on a bit of a budget too. I'd be rather surprised if there is a short film of any kind behind that.

If you are looking for music videos that follow the nature of this site to some extent, I would suggest Hayley Kiyoko's stuff on YouTube. The music style is less 80s emo electronica than the other band, but in terms of the "is it warm in here or is that just me"-factor, I'd say the videos surpass it in many ways. "Girls like Girls" is pretty famous anyway, and one of the few videos that does not feature Hayley herself (another is "One Bad Night", which is very sweet, but addresses a different kind of LGBT topic); "Cliffs Edge" and "Sleepover" are interesting, with the former having a bit of a dark edge as well; "Feelings" is technically one of the most harmless ones, but in terms of chemistry... The newest one "Curious" is nice too, even if the topic is a bit painful.

If you want something a bit more edgy, there are always The Veronicas, with the Ruby Rose directed video being quite the standout (the singer and Ruby were a couple at the time...).

Thanks for the answer. To me it seems as if all the scenes were from just one movie, because it is always the same characters. They have motorbikes, so it is probably not a classic movie (?). Horror yes, probably, thanks for the name! the repeating scenes imply that it is a fanmade video, I guess. Or it is use as an art choice.

The relationship between the two girls is pretty explicit, so it should be mentioned somewhere, is what I though. Because actually I can look into a list of 500 lebian movies and I didn't find anything usefull till now. But they kissed and had sex, so it is not just a minor subtext thing.

Thanks for the other Youtube stuff, too. I'm not really looking for edgy stuff :D I'm more of the fluffy type (well, dark, but fluffy). I just liked the chemistry between the girls, so I'm going to keep on searching.^^

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 6:52PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Found it by google picture search, through sheer desperate taking screenshots... (Maybe, I'm a fool, but it worked)

It's a Mystery movie called Mortem from 2010.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Thanks for the answer. To me it seems as if all the scenes were from just one movie, because it is always the same characters. They have motorbikes, so it is probably not a classic movie (?). Horror yes, probably, thanks for the name! the repeating scenes imply that it is a fanmade video, I guess. Or it is use as an art choice.

The relationship between the two girls is pretty explicit, so it should be mentioned somewhere, is what I though. Because actually I can look into a list of 500 lebian movies and I didn't find anything usefull till now. But they kissed and had sex, so it is not just a minor subtext thing.

Thanks for the other Youtube stuff, too. I'm not really looking for edgy stuff :D I'm more of the fluffy type (well, dark, but fluffy). I just liked the chemistry between the girls, so I'm going to keep on searching.^^

Think there might be a misunderstanding here: I am more than 99.99% certain that the scenes are made with actresses specifically for the music video. While the scenes may be referencing old movies, they did not use material from existing movies, merely taking inspiration in terms of setting and framing.

(And in terms of explicitness, there are other music videos that go way further -- not everything is made in the USA with the corresponding "do not make it too sexy" limitations. While not necessarily on the yuri side, for example some of Mylène Farmer's videos would make many an American censorship authority lose their cool. Advantages of a career in France.)

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Think there might be a misunderstanding here: I am more than 99.99% certain that the scenes are made with actresses specifically for the music video. While the scenes may be referencing old movies, they did not use material from existing movies, merely taking inspiration in terms of setting and framing.

No, um, sorry to correct you, but I definitly found it: It's on IMDB

(And in terms of explicitness, there are other music videos that go way further -- not everything is made in the USA with the corresponding "do not make it too sexy" limitations. While not necessarily on the yuri side, for example some of Mylène Farmer's videos would make many an American censorship authority lose their cool. Advantages of a career in France.)

Yeah, i meant more that it is not only subtext. Like in two girls wink at each other and people are like: OMG I totally see the attraction. In older movies it could get like that a lot because you couldn't show lesbians in movies. Here however you can't argue about the nature of the relationship. That's what I meant by explicit.
Well, nowadays there's a lot of stuff which is more sexy. Actually i hardly ever watch american movies, when I'm looking for lesbian fluff. So I wasn't even aware that there is still so much censorship?

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 7:33PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.