Forum › The "Futanari" tag is a bit problematic...

Watashi,%20apathetic%20(600x600)%20a
joined Jul 30, 2015

Like, I certainly get that the vast majority of futa has a different appeal from normal yuri, but it is in fact still yuri? There's nothing stopping chapters from having both tags. Not counting lesbian relationships as "yuri" over the presence of one or more penises is kinda transphobic. You're basically saying they categorically don't count as women on account of their body, regardless of identity, and hence cannot be involved in yuri.

Worse, there's even at least one oneshot where the futa girl is clearly trans, but my suggestion for adding "Transgender" was denied. Which implies to me that anything futa that's NSFW is considered ineligible for "Transgender", which means that any manga that depicts trans women having sex is not allowed to have "Yuri" or "Transgender". Great.

I'd like to think this is an accident, but as it stands, this goes beyond simple transphobia and into trans erasure, with a bit of nonbinary erasure mixed in. This isn't okay.

last edited at Sep 1, 2017 11:32PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Are we seriously going to go through this all over again?

Watashi,%20apathetic%20(600x600)%20a
joined Jul 30, 2015

Looks like! If there was a previous thread about it, I'd like to read it, but I can't seem to find any search function for the forum?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm locking the thread.

We've been over this ground several times, and several long and acrimonious discussions have been had. It hasn't been all that long since the last one and there's literally no point in revisiting it at this point since nothing has changed since then.

This topic has been locked.