Forum › Posts by NeoCervantes

joined Mar 10, 2013

Tongue X Ray caught me off guard, I thought she was bald

joined Mar 10, 2013

Hijiki making a whole ass manga just to troll the readers

joined Mar 10, 2013

I think it's probably that for Aya felt completely different to talk to Mitsuki than it felt to talk to Onii-sama. He was technically an older, cooler, super hot stranger that was into the same stuff as her and totally her type.

Koga-san is just easier to talk to, even if she is cool and all that, Aya also knows she is a nervous wreck and her friend. Of course she has a major crush on Koga-san too, the feeling is just different tho.

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

Shiine Is the first chatacters that makes me say "go back to horny jail" unironically

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

Well that was a completely annoying and pointless story. Any love story in which the actual point of the story is to enjoy a romance and you kill off one of the major two characters is a completely pointless and useless story.

There are a lot of types of romance stories with different endings, but if you care about people not getting killed off then don't read "The summer you were there" with the terminally ill girl which implies in the very first page that she is going to die.

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

Well that was a completely annoying and pointless story. Any love story in which the actual point of the story is to enjoy a romance and you kill off one of the major two characters is a completely pointless and useless story.

There are a lot of types of romance stories with different endings, but if you care about people not getting killed off then don't read "The summer you were there" with the terminally ill girl which implies in the very first page that she is going to die.

joined Mar 10, 2013

I swear my weekly routine is work non stop, think "Is it sunday already?", check this out, take two minutes to breathe and then get back to work.

joined Mar 10, 2013

This manga is really cute and wholesome, I like it a lot but it also makes me nervous whenever Shou is alone. I can't help but feel that it would take one bad day for that girl to give up on life.

I feel like her mother "Shou have you eaten? Shou did you talk to Umi today? What are you going to do for the fishes tomorrow?"

joined Mar 10, 2013

How can you suck so much at history, just watch netflix and cheat the dates girl

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

I had the tiniest hope that Kase would lose the race and save this whole arc with some character development, but no, what a waste of Time. How can you call yourself a storyteller and have like ten freaking chapters amount to nothing.

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

I’m calling it, she’s gonna die before she reads the ending

Relax, the manga literally just said it was important to have closure even if it wasn't happy. It won't troll you.

joined Mar 10, 2013

inb4 she moves to America because Aya singing made her realize she truly loves music

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

It was cute but damn girl, get therapy, insecurities will only make you not enjoy your youth.

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

I can't wrap my mind around reading a manga you hate for multiple years. It just reminds me of people I've seen talk about how much they hate a game after putting 100+ hours into it. Like, that's kind of going in the polar opposite direction of what entertainment is supposed to be.

If I'm reading a manga and I'm not feeling it after five or so chapters I just drop it. Maybe I'll revisit it at some point in the future to give it another shot.

It's just a slice of life 4-koma manga, it doesn't take multiple years to catch up, maybe an hour every couple years if your read it really slow

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

There IS no strength envolved. You are looking to stories like this and miss sunflower etc totally wrong. You are treating them all as yuri stories where you have to wait 10 years for the payout- instead of just stories about a group of girls and their relationships and lives. (with a posibility of yuri occuring but it not being the point of the story).. in exactly the same way you presumably enjoyed Nanoha.

Some series like this (even setting aside its actual yuri secondary relationships) Has far more meaningful relationships between girls than many actual yuri where they have sex within a few chapters but are otherwise quite shallow.

Sure, enjoy your cute girls doing cute things manga with Yuri on the side. It doesn't make this one less bland.

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

You guys are overthinking it, I said it was bland, boring and a waste of time of as a manga. From my point of view it gave nothing and accomplished nothing. And I actually enjoyed Miss Sunflower because it is not bland, not boring and not a waste of time. The main characters in futaribeya to me make no progression, themselves and their relationship is the same at the end of volume one up to the final volume, which is a loving best friendship. Another work that I dropped because of this reason is Hana ni Arashi in which they are dating, kiss and all that, but nothing has happened recently, I'm not talking about sex here, just their lives as human beings; they are exactly the same as chapter one.

If you wonder why did I finish, it was out of habit, because I also started reading it years ago. And I leave a comment saying what I think because it took it so many years to do nothing in the end.

If you like it and think I'm a idiot that's fine, I won't miss anything never reading another manga like this.

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

I guess there are two types of people in the world, the one who can't accept anything as Yuri if there is no kissing or dating at least and the one who can just take a connection between two people for what it is and call it Yuri too.

I used to think I was the second type, because of my love of Nanofate and other not confirmed but obvious pairings, but futaribeya made me realize I'm actually the first one. It could be because I'm older and time goes faster, but this manga Is the most bland, irrelevant, waste of time I've ever read. So many chapters about fucking nothing, (not even funny nothing like other 4-koma) actually ruined forever the 4-koma genre for me.

I could go on about everything that was wrong with it, but I am actually grateful, because thanks to futaribeya now I don't waste my time reading anything that might be similar to it and I'm happier with every Yuri I finish.

So thanks I guess and congrats to anyone who likes it, you're stronger than me.

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

I can accept that Kasumi might be Ace, but I can't just accept that she won't have sex with Sakurako, girl has put up with so many years of gay pining, she deserves the full experience.

This sounds like the literal opposite of accepting Kasumi as Ace.

As for the rest of what you said. Aromantic people exist.

Are you implying that an asexual person can't have sex with their allosexual partner? Or implying that an aromantic person is by default clueless about what is usually considered love and how their actions might have an effect on someone else?

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

I can accept that Kasumi might be Ace, but I can't just accept that she won't have sex with Sakurako, girl has put up with so many years of gay pining, she deserves the full experience.

The whole "I don't know what love is..." feels like the new version of "But we're both girls.." meaning it's just something authors say to stretch out the story without any real conflict. It used to be about drama, but now it's about a happy status quo and I honestly don't know which one is worse. Being happy should be better than being sad, but is it really worth your time reading when you have stories like this, with 500 chapters where nothing really ever happens? Who the hell acts like that with someone who is just a friend? How can you still have the audacity to say "I don't know what love is" after all this time? What else could it be?

Are lesbians really willing to live platonically with their crush for over 10 years?

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

To those who don't get TomoHima I'll try to explain their dynamic from the game:

Tomoe is a princely character, she's popular with girls but not THE most popular girl because Kaoru exists and Kaoru is a lesbian icon who does fanservice; as a result Tomoe lives a chill life helping everyone and being kind towards her friends, specially her band members and Himari, who Tomoe ofter supports because she is a crybaby who gets bullied by Moca.

Then Himari is your typical girl who worries about her weight, finding love, her friends, is often the band's mom and likes girly stuff, the other thing Himari likes a lot is Kaoru, she's a total fangirl, heart eyes and everything.

It's easy to come to ship them through the events and card stories, but the more you know about them, the more you realize they are already basically dating but even if Tomoe knows (which she might considering how soft she is to Himari) she won't do anything cuz that's not her character; Himari has this problem to be absolutely thirsty for Kaoru, who is a woman who flirts with everyone and is basically an Idol and then be totally oblivious to Tomoe who has also princely vibes but it's actual dating material.

So basically you're the whole game saying "are you fucking stupid just date already oh my god you idiot"

Sometimes I see Himari as the type of girls who wants a boyfriend like the ones in dramas without realizing she has the perfect boyfriend right besides her, there's also a comic in which she says to Tomoe "if you were a guy, I would never let you go"

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

Thank you GiB for your hard work, rather than traitorous I would say it feels like you step into another dimension. It's still adorable but all I could think while reading this was that Nozomi made a doujin to bully Nico into studying since everything feels very surreal.

NeoCervantes
joined Mar 10, 2013

Is drinking coffee such an innuendo?

If I understood it right, teacher already had had romance with her student in past. Maybe this reminded her of her previous romance.

This is what I thought too.

I don't get why Isechi is so hurt. The teacher is her type but she just got to know her yes she would be hurt but to ball your eyes out like that? Anyway The art is amazing.

Considering Isechi's school life and the girl at the bar saying "You'll get rejected again" she probably hasn't had any positive experiences with love. Sure she had sex with her friend, but maybe she only fell in love with straight girls, or girls that used her until they found guys, or girls that thought she was disgusting when she confessed. So she was going for Sensei expecting to get rejected because she was gay, but it turns out that Sensei is not homophobic and won't attack her, judge her or think less of her because of who she is. She had hope that this time she wouldn't be hurt. In the end Sensei says no, but what I think hurts Isechi the most is not Sensei saying no, it's that Isechi thinks Sensei is just like everyone else. Like those people who say "I have no problem with gays as long and they don't get close to me."

It's probably more about Isechi feeling like she can't have the same chances everyone has at love.

last edited at Apr 5, 2014 11:47AM

NeoCervantes
SCHWESTER discussion 04 Apr 22:13
joined Mar 10, 2013

Erica looks so happy while having sex it just cracks me up.