Forum › Posts by sighoflethe

sighoflethe
Image Comments 09 Oct 08:27
Avy
joined Oct 9, 2021
Fbah3jtuyayooqc-orig

@elevown definitely not, haha — those are LNs, and I haven't read 'em. Both the Otherside Picnic and Killing Slimes anime were pretty low-budget (in fact, how often the UraPi anime resorted to shitty 3d walking to save money suggests Slimes might have even been higher-budget, or at least allocated it rather better...), so since this was an UraPi picture I decided to err on the side of caution about your question (if not nearly enough, given as you pointed out I didn't specify the name either!). Apologies if it was aimed at Slimes! The trouble we could save if we all used names all the time (in point of fact, I'll go ahead and edit my last post to avoid any confusion for posterity!).

last edited at Oct 9, 2021 9:53AM

sighoflethe
Image Comments 09 Oct 03:19
Avy
joined Oct 9, 2021
Fbah3jtuyayooqc-orig

^I enjoyed the anime even tho it was pretty low budget- it was wholesome fun and i enjoyed the characters- how's the LN compare to the anime? And have they been translated?

The Otherside Picnic novels (they're not actually light novels, they're 'proper' novels from Japan's biggest sci-fi publisher) are much, much better than the anime (you can't even compare them, really), and they've received official translations, yes! The sixth volume gets its official English publication next month, which catches us up to Japan until volume 7 releases in December.

last edited at Oct 9, 2021 9:54AM