Forum › Posts by foobar

Avik2
joined Oct 22, 2012

The only "normal" person probably... or it will be explained in further chapters :)

Avik2
joined Oct 22, 2012

i'm a little disappointed, in a asatsuki dou puella magica dj, full of angst and depression, i wanted to see homuXmado

There is a "To Be Continued..." sign on page 23 so there's still chance for angsty homuXmado one :P

foobar
Avik2
joined Oct 22, 2012

BA - Battle Athletes

foobar
Citrus discussion 15 May 09:06
Avik2
joined Oct 22, 2012

How about no? (and especially in a series thread...) But since I don't want to be a total ass - use google and find out for yourself. It isn't that HARD.

foobar
Candy discussion 12 May 19:20
Avik2
joined Oct 22, 2012

The series has ended. The last chapter (10) is the last one. But it isn't completed (and now even abandoned) since Futari Wa Pretty Anon decided to not edit bonus/extra/omake/whatever_the_name_is stuff (they stated during the release of chapter 10 that the work on Volume 1 bonuses is in progress... on 28 September 2012...) and if I remember correctly some anon on /u/ stated that they won't do it cause of lack of interest in the series (where he/she obtained that info I have no idea) but if it's true that's a real shame...

foobar
Citrus discussion 03 May 08:29
Avik2
joined Oct 22, 2012

Mangafox and Mangahere

... good luck with using those shit sites, not the scanlators site... Yeah it's always nice :>

foobar
Bash! discussion 24 Apr 15:45
Avik2
joined Oct 22, 2012

As for Bash! - manga updates states the series is complete with 2 volumes :> but who knows if any group will work on them

Avik2
joined Oct 22, 2012

Hi

Throwing a suggestion (maybe it was suggested earlier so sorry for spam :P) - in the "Directory > Series" page (and on the author page, can't think of other where it would be useful) maybe you could add some way to filter the series by their current status - Completed/Ongoing/etc (in whatever way like filter by js code, or by font-size: completed - bold, ongoing normal, etc)?

This is probably the only thing that annoys me when I'm searching new stuff to read (mostly when I find something to read and then I see the status "ongoing" with the last update like 2007/8/9 or "canceled").

Avik2
joined Oct 22, 2012

Don't know is this was suggested earlier but adding something similar to:

omnscient0 wrote

Preview of the screen to suggest tags for a chapter, etc. http://i.imgur.com/AAQEM84.png

but with "Suggest adding a chapter/series/volumes", without the option that user can upload the zip/rar/whatever files (so idiots won't upload whatever they would like) but with fileds like Name/Description (optional, eg. "if you don't know what to write, add suggested tags")/Scanlators/URL (to the actual release). And then the staff could verify that suggestion to add it/drop it/contact scanlators/etc.

I don't think that this could be hard to code but could be used to add mostly one shots doujins eg from u/other forums/galleries or from user hdd when the scanlation group is no longer active or for whatever other reason.

As far from the "Screenshot Gallery" the new reader looks very nice so keep the good work and gl :)

Avik2
joined Oct 22, 2012

As for tags I don't know the "booru" system (yep :P) but if you think it's a good thing than I'm ok with changing the actual, sometimes not so accurate tags.

But one thing that should be changed/improved/put to debate: the search by pairing tag should search by both "members of the pairing" and not by the actual pairing name - chaotic, but e.g. clicking on "A_x_B" should show series tagged as "A_x_B" and "B_x_A" cause what's the difference? :P (but maybe the actual search result should filter it in two separate groups?) Or in case of pairings there should be only one pairing name tag (less confusion with tagging).

"Sorting things marked by a certain tag by release/upload date."
That would be a very good addition to the search. But how about an additional option to filter things by date/status/"read it"/etc so the results would be filtered with requested colors/markers/order? Or if you want to only tag by release/upload date then add a color/marker/whatever to series that user read/is planning to read/faved/ so to actual result would be more clear?

"Improve connections between the reader and the scanlation groups"
Good thing, don't have an idea how to suggest something interesting that could handle this cause adding additional graphics/buttons/links/etc won't drastically change the major behavior of users that only check the reader and not the group site but maybe you'll figure it out.

Readers choice/Best manga of month/etc could be a fun addition so user can "integrate" more without any social-lame-media?

For Rating systems I mostly find them inaccurate in terms of "this has 9.0" but for me it's like an 6.0 but my 9.0 is "the internet 6.0" so this could potentially lead to users avoiding certain, good series that were poorly scored because someone didn't like the ending so he issued a 1.0. Readers choice/etc is a better way, or displaying the number of favs/views so that users can see what is popular without an actual score.

As for the user having an impact on the tags - maybe adding some "Point System", hidden from everyone but the staff. Each user that suggests a tag that is correct would gain 1 point, the staff could check in some "Top Users" which user is accurate/etc and add him/her to a special "Automatic Approve tags group" so each time that user suggest tags their are added without additional review by staff. Vice versa if a user suggest bad/inaccurate tags or just like to be a troll he "gains" -1 point (or maybe even more for typical trolling) so that each time a "negative" user suggest a tag it is automatically rejected. And with that +/- system user that like to help others will add accurate tags, neutral will stay neutral and "pranks" will be mostly eliminated.

And now my own suggestions (didn't bother to check /u/ topic cause I'm lazy so sorry for eventual doubles):

X Maybe an option to change the default background color of the reader to other one than white?

X An indicator/notice that one of your "followed" series has been updated? (Or maybe this is implemented but I didn't see anything)

X Info on delayed releases - example if group releases something on 1.01 and it's 24h delayed then if you make it visible to the readers after 1 day then add to the name that this release was "delayed" or add it with the actual delayed date (so in this it would be 2.01)

X Maybe an option for the user to customizable their reader front page (like with the blacklist/whitelist/subs/follows, Readers Choice, etc)

Good luck on improving the reader! Cheers.