Forum › Posts by EryChan

EryChan
joined Mar 28, 2020

ppl here just arguing about het ships... sigh

this is why im never getting into this show

Not to be rude, but if you're letting something as arbitrary as shipping get in the way of your enjoyment of something, then you REALLY need to get your priorities in check, it really ain't that series

There IS such a thing as interacting with a piece of media independently of its fandom, after all

last edited at Dec 7, 2023 9:27AM

EryChan
joined Mar 28, 2020
Tikklil-1713040558476906913-img1

@livingice They're from this music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw96jPDtoDQ

EryChan
joined Mar 28, 2020

well that was unexpected. Also with Osho No Koi it feels like everything is idols lately.

Lately? There's been an influx in idol media since the 2010's

And idols have been a part of Japanese culture since the 70's (and a big part of anime since the 80's)

So it's definitely not recent

last edited at Apr 26, 2023 3:14PM

joined Mar 28, 2020

Gotta love a good intra-franchise crossover ship in an AU scenario

EryChan
joined Mar 28, 2020

Just got the official translation of volume 3. It was nice seeing new content (the Emma bonus story), but I would've MUCH preferred Chika and Sakiko's Christmas story instead :') Feels more relevant and connected to the main story, like another conclusion. Emma's story just adds another layer to one character (and part of me would've been okay with leaving her a bit of a mystery).

Seven Seas was just following the Japanese release which also omitted the Christmas chapter

Ichijinsha released the Christmas Story is its own volume, so I guess that's a separate license

joined Mar 28, 2020

About that other chapter, I've noticed that on some Yuri manga one of them always resorts to slapping during argues and I just wanted to know why, like, is it common to slap someone's face on Japan like that? is it just a Yuri thing or an general thing?, because idk they always resorting to slapping their partners' face just makes this feels so abusive

In this case, it wasn't abusive, this was just Hii needing a serious reality check

Also, welcome to being in a relationship, they ain't always fluffy and being with another person is never easy. And sometimes rough shit like this is a reality that even the happiest of relationships have faced and overcame.

last edited at Feb 25, 2023 10:49PM

joined Mar 28, 2020

It was only inevitable that we'd get something PriMagi related on here

Now if only more Pretty series yuri things can be added to the site.

Speaking as a fellow fan of the Pretty Series franchise, I agree

EryChan
joined Mar 28, 2020

I mean, Renjuuro Kindaichi debuted in 1996 so....makes sense that her style be more on the "old school" side of things

Honestly, I'm more surprised to see something recent by the chick who wrote "Haré+Guu" (which she's better known for) on this site

...."Haré+Guu" was weird as hell and that's pretty much why I love it

As for the content of this one shot, it was a'ight, ending might be a downer for some, but it was a'ight

last edited at May 8, 2020 2:02PM

EryChan
LaMire discussion 28 Apr 23:54
joined Mar 28, 2020

I have no idea what PriPara is but after reading this I might as well get into it

To put it simply PriPara is a delightfully weird experience
Granted that can also be said about the entire Pretty Series franchise as a whole

Pripara is one of the best goddamn series ever to air in the history of television.

I agree, hell it was my favourite anime of the 2010's

I don’t understand the story. Someone please explain who the girl with glasses and a ponytail is and how she relates to the story lmao

If the above replies to your comment aren't enough to explain it, this gif from the 1st opening should
(This ain't your average idol show, nuff said)
https://66.media.tumblr.com/55ed614f3c6277e1b63d81c7f096626b/tumblr_nvt2hj6C7A1qbgi6oo2_400.gif

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 12:10AM

EryChan
LaMire discussion 28 Apr 23:31
joined Mar 28, 2020

And then Laala and Mirei lived hap-prily ever after ~KASHIKOMA!!!

But seriously I'm happy to see this finally translated

joined Mar 28, 2020

yuri harem
poly idol harem

Ok, why the fuck ain't this a series? I would totally read more of this

(Also, all the haters in this thread REEEEALLY need to chill the fuck out, ain't nobody got time for yo haterade)

last edited at Apr 26, 2020 1:20PM

EryChan
Yuru Oyako discussion 22 Apr 11:46
joined Mar 28, 2020

It was only a matter of time before we got Piña Corona yuri

I ain't disappointed, good job, Taiyaki

EryChan
Yuru Oyako discussion 22 Apr 11:44
joined Mar 28, 2020

Please use the lolicon tag next. Age gap doesn't necessarily mean a child and an adult.

Considering some of the things on this very site, yes the hell it does

And the term "loli" only apples to characters under the age of 13......can't really be a loli if she's 15

EryChan
Ayame 14 discussion 28 Mar 18:58
joined Mar 28, 2020

Sus-lik posted:

Seriously though, discovering her sexuality? Her body’s craving for something? Like, is there anyone with anything even CLOSE to what was happening in Ayame’s head? And her life??? I’m pretty sure this story was more unrealistic than Harry Potter. So...wasn’t really enjoyable for me. Hope Shuninta will make something normal next time.

And heeeeere comes the fun police

A. Nobody ever reads/watches this shit for realism and fiction was never meant to be 100% realistic to begin with, it'd be boring if it was

And B. Amano Shuninta doesn't do normal, pretty much everything she's done has been weird as hell and bonkers in some way and if you want normal, you probably shouldn't be reading any of Amano Shuninta's work

EryChan
Ayame 14 discussion 28 Mar 18:58
joined Mar 28, 2020

Nya-chan posted:

I think I saw Space Adventure Cobra there.

Cobra references are always a plus