Forum › Posts by Errr-

Tumblr_ojkyzjibmm1u8pd1xo1_400
joined May 19, 2017
Textmessage-d

Ah yes what a cute couple.

Hopefully nothing horrible and traumatizing will happen to break them apart like one of them splattering a man into paste in front of the other

Errr-
joined May 19, 2017

That spongebob shirt is literally the worst t shirt I've ever seen in my life.

Great comic tho

joined May 19, 2017

While I don't think Kiyo made the right decision, it's very much an understandable one. She didn't want to be ostracized by her family, and she wanted a sense of meaning and purpose in her work, and for that to be recognized by society. Being a wife and a mother provided that. It just didn't make her happy.

Also, it's not like Kiyo owes Micchan a relationship. She's got a right to make her own decisions in life, even if they're the wrong ones. Micchan also crosses some boundaries at the end of ch. 4 and the start of ch. 5. She says, "you're still mine", as if Kiyo is in some way her possession, and tries to initiate sex Kiyo is clearly not into.

Poor Micchan, what a trash first love of her. I don’t know why Kiyo-chan is so shameless showing her face and go on trips, killing the mood of telling she had sex with her fiancé and unknowingly got pregnant. Fucking slut. But well, she got what she deserves choosing an asshole husband fucking with a long time affair and while she sulking in pain of her wrong decision.

Slut shaming is sexist, please don't do that.

Furthermore, Kiyo wasn't "killing the mood". Micchan wanted to have sex and Kiyo didn't.

joined May 19, 2017

The way I interpreted it was that she was a kid at the beginning of the story and so the ramifications of having a living stuffed animal rather than giving said stuffed animal a human body didn't really occur to her. So she's just like "I want my stuffie to stay!". And then we see the results of that in adult life.

joined May 19, 2017

edit: I (...don't...) recommend looking up a manga named Cocoon. It's a historically informed story about a class of schoolgirls during the Battle of Okinawa IIRC, slightly yuri and really fucking depressing.

Sounds up my alley, thanks for the (non?) recommendation

grave of the fireflies is absolutely heartbreaking and beautiful. it was such a huge thing when i was younger that i forget that not everyone knows of it now. it's like schindler's list, an absolute must see for every single person. it's important to see these movies so we don't make the same mistakes, and help us grow to be better people.

Yeah I love Grave of the Fireflies, that movie hit really hard, especially the ending with the ghosts. Ironically though, I haven't seen Schindler's List

I don’t why Micchan is so obsessed of getting Kiyoko, she’s sticking for someone so impossible. I don’t know, if I’m in the same time and situation I’d rather cut my communication with my first love if she’s too scared to be with me, I’ll just love myself and if anyone is right for me then I’ll accept and love that person as much as gave my ex.

For sure that's the right move, but giving up on someone you love can be very difficult, especially if you're not confident in yourself, or if you see that relationship as defining who you are. Seems to me Micchan has at least one of those things going on.

joined May 19, 2017

I loved this chapter. It's impressive how the author is able to tell the story in reverse order and still give a satisfying chapter based around character development. The way Mitsu learns she needs to move on from her relationship with Kiyoko while at the same time (it seems) not developing a healthier relationship to her sexuality and still being kind of standoffish and mean is beautiful and heartbreaking.

I also really like the scenes between Mitsu and her mother. We see on the one hand how her mother's controlling and patriarchal attitudes, her heteronormative assumptions and her unemotive demeanor are harmful to Mitsu. It seems to me Mitsu's mom is concealing her emotions and is therefore not showing how much she cares about Mitsu. At the same time, we see Mitsu not being willing (understandably) to be open with her mom about what she wants, and how that hurts their relationship - her mom doesn't know she doesn't want to be with a man, and so isn't even in a position to accept that about he daughter. Furthermore, I think Mitsu also reproduces in her own behaviour her mom's coldness. She doesn't say anything warm to her mom and even accuses her of not caring about her - something which can be very hurtful.

One thing I really appreciate about this is that it shows the depressing reality for lesbians, but also women in general, who spent most of their life in the post-war years. Living in a patriarchic society is already hard enough as it is, if you then are also in love with a person of the same gender it becomes only harder still. Of course, with more bravery and determination, these two might have found a way to be together, but the reality is that just a tiny minority of people would have the mental fortitude required to defy social expectations so radically.

And that's precisely why I think this story is great, we are lucky to live in a time where women are a lot freer in their choices and homosexuality is much more accepted (at least in Japan and most Western nations). However, it is important to remember just how difficult things were and to understand why it is so important to fight for and protect this freedom to be yourself. So while this story is sad, its sadness can be channeled into something positive, which I personally think is quite beautiful.

Agreed. I really like how this series examines the time period it's set in.

edit: I (...don't...) recommend looking up a manga named Cocoon. It's a historically informed story about a class of schoolgirls during the Battle of Okinawa IIRC, slightly yuri and really fucking depressing.

Sounds up my alley, thanks for the (non?) recommendation

joined May 19, 2017

This series has really good characterization, I like how the characters are being fleshed out while the mystery is being built up.

Gosh the monologue at the ice-cream eating part was so so so so good

Yeah I found the duel meaning/metaphor of the ice cream and their relationship was very effective. Looking forward to the next chapter.

joined May 19, 2017

Haven't read anything by this author before but this first chapter slaps hard. I'm also not afraid of happy endings (in fact I like tragic stories) so full steam ahead for me. I'm hyped to see where this goes.

Errr-
joined May 19, 2017

homeless and jobless in an instant... It's over for Japan...

Has Japan been having trouble with employment recently? Also, when was this originally released in Japan? If anyone on here has any info on this, I'd appreciate links or somethin'.

Errr-
Image Comments 24 Sep 13:11
joined May 19, 2017
Tumblr_n3svlnlkvk1r6btzgo1_raw

man , if only there was more

There is more, bud: https://denimcatfish.tumblr.com/image/79315188132

Errr-
Image Comments 18 Sep 17:27
joined May 19, 2017
Rfkpbeo

I don't find it depressing. She spent her life with the person she loved, and got the chance to see gay people finally given the right to marry who they want. I think she was crying tears of both joy and sadness.

Yeah, I agree. To me it's more "melancholy as fuck" then "depressing as fuck"

joined May 19, 2017

Why we still don't have Diakko dj yet?

Good things come to those who wait

joined May 19, 2017

Loved this. Croix x Charior's my otp.

joined May 19, 2017

What. The Fuck. That.... Ok. (spoiler alert! I don't know how to do the spoiler thing) Statues becoming alive night-of-the-fucking-museum style and getting it on on the Eiffel tower. Just... Ok. I never saw that one coming, I can sure as hell tell you. It was good though, and surprisingly funny. Not as surprising as the stories though. Those had my jaw planted firmly on the floor