Forum › Posts by valryssian

valryssian
Alien Girl discussion 22 Jan 02:20
Prof
joined Nov 27, 2014

The doctor tosses something small and bloody back to an assistant and says something like "I'll keep the next one." It seems pretty obvious to me that it's a severed finger.

(replying to a post from 6 months ago, but) I'm pretty sure that was the cigarette she was smoking in the other panel

Prof
joined Nov 27, 2014

There's some improperly cleaned/untranslated text on page 15.

valryssian
Prof
joined Nov 27, 2014

Hello, just dropping by to say I've ... err, dropped my translation of this manga. If no one picks it up within, like, a year, (although honestly, no-one is likely to) I might, maybe, come back to it, but otherwise - sayonara~

valryssian
Prof
joined Nov 27, 2014

Fuck, I would never condone torture in real life, of any kind, on anyone. I've heard the excuse "it's okay to like it, because it's not real" several times, mostly applied to loli. I would say instead - I only like this BECAUSE it's not real. Seeing people mixing reality into it, somehow, makes me feel really sad. Ugh, I guess I'm still to weak to handle the internet.

valryssian
Prof
joined Nov 27, 2014

Thanks Sol_Falling, looks like you're right on both counts (in case it wasn't obvious, I only know, like, 10 kanji)

light novel series

oops, somehow missed that while browsing the MAL page..

(EDIT: these should be fixed now)

last edited at Dec 16, 2014 8:25PM

valryssian
Prof
joined Nov 27, 2014

Chapters 2 and 3 have been updated slightly, and the above-mentioned errors have been fixed. No guarantees on the release of the next chapter other than... sometime...

hate the word trap

In this case, its usage is kinda justified... no one was prepared. No one.

valryssian
Prof
joined Nov 27, 2014

Why am I still reading this?

Because it's glorious.

page 47

noted, on my fix list

munyu

oops, eye derped. Will fix.

maika

She doesn't get naked as much, but she's still there and shippin'

I ragequit that movie pretty quick as well, since it threw out the whole light-hearted tone (as well as being a pretty terrible adaption, I almost laughed when I saw that Maika had been cast has the largest-breasted of the bunch, and I don't think Sora even appeared as a character?). I wouldn't recommend watching it.

Also, I gotta say, for a bunch of dudes(?) reading a manga about a school torture club, some of y'all sure are picky about a stray trap...

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 11:51PM

valryssian
Prof
joined Nov 27, 2014

Hello, translator here. Yes, the little sister is definitely a guy, sorry. And thanks, commentator, I'll fix that in my v2.