Forum › Posts by patthai_

joined Aug 16, 2026

Aw man, Ren regressing into her "girlfriend for rent" persona whenever she's with Mitsuki really hurts. Her job has taught her how to get what she wants by saying the right words. "I don't want you messing around in my kitchen" turns into "I don't want you to get hurt" or "I want to keep an eye on you." I just wish Ren could just relax into herself when she's dating someone.

Both girls are trying in their own way to make this relationship works. Mitsuki is trying to be helpful (albeit coming on a little too strong), while Ren's honesty is receded behind her alter ego. It's just two people figuring out, "What do you even do when you're dating someone?" and how much can you really compromise.

The fact that Ren got carried away eating the macaron while thinkign about Sui-chan's recommendation though...

The storm is brewing with Ren's side job being found out and the tongue-pierced girl making a comeback, huh. Looking foward to the next chapter.

joined Aug 16, 2026

Can I ask where can I read the novel? Thanks in advance

Sorry I'm new. Are links allowed? If not, please let me know. You can find the novel here https://flenser-tl.nz/docs/How%20about%20afternoon%20tea/how-about-afternoon-tea.html

joined Aug 16, 2026

One of my recent favourites to read, and most of that is thanks to the main character. Ren is introspective, honest, and willing to take a new approach. I mean, the speedrun from Googling “lesbian” to having sex in one day was impressive.

I love the honesty in how Ren reflects on her life before and after meeting Sui-chan. She realises that everyone is a little biased when they're in love. Ren initially feels that her boyfriends were pushing their tastes onto her, but eventually realises that they simply wanted to share the things they liked with her. She only comes to this realisation after Sui does the same thing.

It makes me wonder if Mitsuki is the girl Sui is after. As other users have noticed, Mitsuki's dating profile lists the same interests as Sui—visiting shrines and collecting shrine stamps. It also makes me wonder if Ren's recommendation to her colleague that “it's nicer to be chased after rather than be the one doing the chasing” will come back to bite her. Technically, she gave up chasing Sui and is now in a relationship with a girl who likes her. Or will Ren end up being that “person that I slept with once, took me years to mend my feelings, and that person is now back” with the tongue-pierced girl?

Very well written. If there's any way to support this manga, I'd be happy to.