Forum › Posts by OrangePekoe

OrangePekoe Admin
Touhou Newbie 28 Jan 03:13
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

(Apart from everything else in this thread, which has been pretty great).
For newcomers reading doujins, I think I'd recommend going by artist and then pairing. You mentioned you've read or are aware of some artists, so focus on your favourite pairings of the artists you like best. Then once you finish, you can browse by the pairing tag. When I was first getting into it, I read loads of Alice x Marisa, and as I grew to know them intimately I also found myself learning bits about the world and other characters (and then moved onto a pairing that involved another character I liked, and so on). I found it to be a pretty easy and accessible way of getting into doujins and eventually Touhouverse on a larger scale.

Also just wanted to mention that given that Touhou doujins are somewhat like mad libs, you will probably find that different artists have significantly different interpretations of the characters and the world.

Yuuki Sakuraba

Seconded x100000000000

OrangePekoe Admin
Best Art In Yuri 26 Jan 23:22
joined Mar 20, 2013

A bit surprised no one has mentioned Beloved. yet to be honest

Ah, that's the name of it! I originally wanted to mention just that but couldn't find it, thought it was called Love.(.) Thanks for pointing it out.

OrangePekoe Admin
Best Art In Yuri 25 Jan 01:46
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'd have to go with Nakatani Nio, specifically the series Bloom Into You. Don't think many artists even touch her for craftsmanship.

http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/inuzuka_bouru (I don't remember how to do the thing) has really yummy art.

http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/sugano_manami has a really nice moe kinda style

http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/canno I think usually hits the spot

The few things we have from China (Their Story, Beloved., Magan & Danai) are usually very nicely drawn, albeit in a comic-y full colour style.

Edited cos dumb.

last edited at Jan 26, 2017 11:23PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Reversal discussion 16 Jan 03:19
joined Mar 20, 2013

The art is really lovely. I feel like the tags are a total misrepresentation though. How can something with such potential for negativity be such a nice and positive story? Why isn't this a series? Just how much content can be stuffed into a oneshot? Too many questions, my head hurts.

OrangePekoe Admin
Reversible discussion 16 Jan 03:17
joined Mar 20, 2013

It's genuinely unfair how ridiculously cute this is. It's so fun to see two selfish characters dancing around each other. Great contrast to the original as well.

OrangePekoe Admin
Anime season 17 Dec 00:14
joined Mar 20, 2013

Guys I just watched all of FlipFlops in the last 24 hours or something as finals crushing celebration. What do I do now? Everything else seems so bland in comparison! Even gay ping pongs :(

Help, please!

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 13 Dec 17:46
joined Mar 20, 2013
Areyoureelingintheyears

Awesomely cute.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Does anyone happen to know what magazine this originally ran in?

Personally, I quite liked it. The emphasis on each word and panel was pretty unusual - I found myself rereading every page cos I nearly missed something every time. Pretty nice to see something so subtle when so many manga go the polar opposite direction.

OrangePekoe Admin
Beloved L discussion 03 Nov 10:31
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm kinda bummed the getting together bits weren't shown properly. I guess they weren't necessary for the plot, but it still would've been awfully interesting considering their starting point (and where they seem to be now)?? The texts were super cute, tho. "Beloved Ding Ye," after they'd only barely met!

Really interested to see where we go from here.

OrangePekoe Admin
Heatstroke discussion 03 Nov 09:52
joined Mar 20, 2013

That was very cute. Assertive Kaguya was super surprising and nice~

OrangePekoe Admin
Ai☆biki discussion 26 Oct 11:13
joined Mar 20, 2013

For a brief moment I think I actually hated Dynasty and its staff. It was there for like half a second, but I know it was there.

D:
So these are the unseen consequences of engaging in immoral activities...

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Low-key this has really excellent writing and characterization. Some of these scenes seem so real and relatable. The art is super nice too. Wish it was spread out over twice the amount of chapters, though. As believable as some parts are, the pace is terrifyingly quick (though it does seem self-aware about this, so that's nice at least).

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 2:58PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Chapter ordering fixing coming soon™

Thank you for your work on the series and sorry for our delay! Had a bit of a miscommunication with myself before, should all be cleared up now.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

dpf you da bess <3

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hi!

I'm looking for a oneshot. I remember it having pretty nice (not super moe) art, and probably isn't too old (super helpful I know). It's about a girl who meets the guy that is dating the girl she used to love (or maybe still loves?). At the end they kiss for not-terrible reasons(?) and it's somewhat bittersweet. I'm not terribly sure if its exists or if it's just in my mind at this point.

I thought I knew every yuri story on the site, but as it turns out I might be wrong :(
Please help, thank you..!

OrangePekoe Admin
Veebu discussion 27 Aug 19:26
joined Mar 20, 2013

I don't know the previous context, but just to clarify something. If we find an artist's works interesting and want them here, we'll do our best to get them here, so long as there's an English version available (this of course doesn't always work out for one reason or another). Considering the scope of the site, we feature a pretty decent amount of content created in English. I'm not sure what would give you a different idea than that, and hopefully it's cleared up.

last edited at Aug 27, 2016 7:28PM

joined Mar 20, 2013

Hey everyone,

Sorry, I failed you as an uploader! Unfortunately whilst reading this manga I didn't pay much attention (re: any) to the credits pages. And because of that, a lot of people were tipped into something they didn't want to see. Hopefully it didn't rob you of any pleasurable sensations you may have experienced while reading the manga otherwise.

After reading everything that's been posted, we've decided to remove the page that caused this. For those who have only been reading up to this point, the page in question was an extra page added by the scanlation with a joke made in poor taste. That is all. We feel this was the best solution in the heat of the moment, but are as always listening for further feedback.

Uh, it's been a long time since I posted so I don't really remember how to end properly. I guess I'll just say, have a nice day!

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 7:37PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I dunno, it's kinda weird. And unfortunately I think it has just one more chapter - in Hirari 13 - but please do correct me on that point if I'm mistaken.

The part with the bomb was really funny and cute though.

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 12:01AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Is this new material, or just something old that was dug up?

Old, sadly. There are still four more chapters to go before the series is complete, I believe.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

It's alive!!!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is a massive file. To make things a bit easier for our purposes, the resolution of the release was lowered from 3000 px to 2000 px. If you'd like to download the untouched chapter in all its glory, please do so here.

Good luck reading!

Thanks to dpf for actually reading and tagging and so on.

last edited at Aug 9, 2016 9:38PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Oops. Thanks. Fixed.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

So we uploaded a few more chapters. Uh, more to come? Or something like that. And yes, you're right if you look at the series page and go all, What were they thinking??

Trust me, the person who did that doesn't really know either. So as usual I shall pass on many promises of improvements to come. Thank you kindly for your patience. bows

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

My humblest apologies for the usual delays on this one.

OrangePekoe Admin
Lavender discussion 25 Jun 23:05
joined Mar 20, 2013

White dress girl is cute. Plus she has cute shoes. I approve.

Go for it, mc!

last edited at Jun 25, 2016 11:06PM