Forum › Posts by BoobTwinkler

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I approve of the implication being made that there's an ambiguous cosmic force out there arranging things to drive together- and cause love epiphanies in romantically unsuccessful lesbians.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

This "discussion" has been more or less settled over in the help thread.
There's no need to address it any further here.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

@Yuki Kitsune

You have been a much appreciated bastion of reason.

@OrangePekoe

You are entirely right that my remark was more hostile than what was warranted and I again apologize (to all parties involved) for not realizing so myself before the damage was already done.

I have nothing further to add so unless Alice or Cherokee still feel they have something they take issue with, I too would consider this matter done with.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

BoobTwinkler posted:

You jumped on another user for something as small and inoffensive as making a joke about having a spirit animal not even directed at anyone.
You are not "being targeted" you are being told not to harass another user.

What you and Alice feel qualifies as "cultural appropriation of native-american culture" has nothing to do with a manga about hamster yuri, and I will not be called a bully for telling you not to jump people over an imagined minor slight not even aimed at anyone.

Some moderator who isn't Alice, please bring some sanity into this nonsense.

However, I must disagree with this summary. 2Spirit is well within their rights on this forum to voice the concerns they had, and their phrasing was also inoffensive. They even used the word "please," completely devoid of sarcasm. Nobody was jumped, or harassed. Altair didn't even reply. And believe me, Altair is not a person to back down from personal slights if he considers them as such. I then take issue with the idea that you were some unwilling participant in this. You've actually made more posts in that thread than Alice and 2Spirit combined, even though there were ample opportunities to simply drop the matter.

Finally, we arrive at this post. You've now twice decided to belabour this rather than simply leaving it be, and I'm not even sure what you're looking for. Do you want 2Spirit to be scolded? Do you want to be told you're completely correct? You were reprimanded for a tone that you already apologised for. From my perspective, we're done here.

I have never claimed to be an "unwilling participant" and I don't know where you got that from.
What I did say is that I am not the source of the conflict like Alice claims, this all started entirely because Cherokee accused someone of mocking their people out of nowhere with little to no basis and then got defensive when challenged on it.

It was an uncalled for remark that they can't reasonably have expected to lead anywhere but to a conflict.
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/17943-ms-kuzuryu-s-favorite-is-small-discussion?page=5#forum_post_668924

In case you didn't notice, my initial response was simply telling them that no one was mocking anyone and to chill out.
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/17943-ms-kuzuryu-s-favorite-is-small-discussion?page=5#forum_post_669068

I did not approach the subject of cultural appropriation until after Cherokee then tried to argue their point by linking a very poor and ridiculously biased opinion-piece article on the subject and nothing else.
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/17943-ms-kuzuryu-s-favorite-is-small-discussion?page=5#forum_post_669108
What else was there to address? They literally said nothing else.

As for why Altair hasn't reacted, I couldn't possibly say because I don't know them, but I don't think it changes the fact that they were being unfairly accused of mocking native americans from out of nowhere. That may not be a big insult but it's an uncalled for insult none the less and my original response was not disproportionate to it.

As for my "goal" in all this, it was simply to inform Cherokee that it's not alright to randomly accuse other users of doing something malicious with so little basis. It's disrespectful and off-topic at best, baiting a fight at worst.

The only reason this has gotten out of hand is because Cherokee, rather than defend themself or even saying a single word, immediately went to a moderator and claimed to be getting "targeted" and said moderator deciding to hard-side with Cherokee to the point of warning me that I'm bullying someone and ignoring Cherokee's side entirely "because Cherokee is right about cultural appropriation."

Honestly, this would've ended after 2 posts if Alice hadn't started accusing me of breaking forum rules and bullying Cherokee.

I made exactly 3 (4 but I don't count the first) posts on the subject in total before Alice "ended" it and sent us here, please don't act like I spammed the thread with vitriol.

last edited at Mar 18, 2021 11:42AM

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

@Alice Cheshire Thank you, but you might want to look at that person's reaction to your warning.

You jumped on another user for something as small and inoffensive as making a joke about having a spirit animal not even directed at anyone.
You are not "being targeted" you are being told not to harass another user.

What you and Alice feel qualifies as "cultural appropriation of native-american culture" has nothing to do with a manga about hamster yuri, and I will not be called a bully for telling you not to jump people over an imagined minor slight not even aimed at anyone.

Some moderator who isn't Alice, please bring some sanity into this nonsense.

last edited at Mar 18, 2021 9:34AM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Now, can we please get back to talking about the big-butt hamster yuri?

You don't get to be the one to say that when you were the source of the problem in the first place.

Oh sure, I'm the problem and not the guy who literally did nothing but show up out of nowhere to harass and accuse another user of insulting native americans.

Yes I do, because the source of the problem is Cherokee and now by extension you, who keep defending their random harassment of another user as if it was in any way justified.

last edited at Mar 18, 2021 9:23AM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

BoobTwinkler posted:

Perogi are eastern-European dumplings, generally about fist-sized, typically filled with some form of savory meat.

Fist-size? That'd be 1 hella huge pierog. The ones I eat are usually around 5 centimeters big max.

It varies from country to country. The original "authentic" ones might be smaller, but here in the Nordics at least they're commonly around the size of a closed fist. :)

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Perogi is some kind of eatery? I didn't know that.

Naming a pet shop after that would be like naming your pet dog Menchi.

(Old-ass reference nobody's gonna understand...)

Perogi are eastern-European dumplings, generally about fist-sized, typically filled with some form of savory meat.

...A hamster or small bird would be about the right size. <:D

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Perogi Pet Shop would have been funnier.

That was my first thought too, that they named the place after a food stall and that's hilarious!

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Yeah, let's not do this. It might be a harmless joke but there are problems with this sort of thing. Most notably this:

Someone using "spirit animal" as a joke on the internet doesn't stop you or anyone else from using the term properly nor does it negate the cultural significance and meaning it has to your people.

Is in fact not true and the reason why people started getting pissy about cultural appropriation in the first place.

You are entirely wrong. Just because an idea has an original meaning with the people who came up with it, does NOT mean that other people are not allowed to use the same word. Just because someone else uses a cultural word differently does not in any way shape or form hinder you, the original users, from continuing to use it in your way nor does it diminish your ability to do so. YOU are not being oppressed or forced to change anything at all.
Other people just using a word differently from the original users is not the same thing as forcing them to change it or taking it from them, acting like it is by default is ridiculous.

Please crusade for something constructive instead, like helping the poor.

Also this was completely unnecessary and borders on violating rule #1.

It was not completely unnecessary because they are, in essence, crusading a stance on an issue that has nothing to do with this forum and requesting that another user conforms their interactions here to it, which is unbelievably rude.

I was simply making the point that if you're going to crusade your opinions on random things online, you're better off focusing your attention on doing something that actually makes change happen, such as physically helping poor people instead of shaming some random internet user for making a harmless joke.

I just didn't want to put it in quite so many words because it's too much text. (An effort wasted at this point.)

Being overly aggressive, insulting, or generally a jerk is against the rules.

You mean like randomly dropping by a forum thread exclusively to tell someone they're bad for making a simple inoffensive joke when it has nothing at all to do with the thread or the forum and it's, at best, a debatable claim even if it WAS relevant?
You know, literally shaming someone who just tried to bring a smile to people's faces? You don't think that's insulting and being a general jerk to someone randomly out of the blue?

This part is easily construed as some condescending bullshit attempt to try and negate 2SpiritCherokeePrincess's point.

Condescending? Not intentionally, but I'll concede it probably ended up that way and I'm sorry for the excess sarcasm.
I will however fully stand by my point that 2SpiritCherokeePrincess doesn't have a legitimate point in this context and is mainly at fault for showing up out of nowhere just to demand that another user conforms to their stance on an issue that is both debatable and entirely unrelated to this forum and thread.

It's rude, has no relevance to this discussion and essentially just invites a fight about the issue. Unintentional baiting, I would call it.

And to make clear; I have not at any point intended to imply that cultural appropriation does not exist nor that it does no harm, merely that the situation that ChrokeePrincess was reacting to here was not really a harmful example of such and therefor that their reaction was overreactive, misguided, unconstructive and rude.

Now, can we please get back to talking about the big-butt hamster yuri?

last edited at Mar 15, 2021 10:31PM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Wow, I can't believe hamster-chan just let them take pics of her massive dumptruck like that!

This manga has an animal for everyone, and that director is my spirit animal

Could you not mock my people by misusing the phrase "spirit animal" please?

That's not mockery, chill.

https://www.spiralnature.com/spirituality/spirit-animal-cultural-appropriation/

Nice opinion-piece you linked there, still nonsense.
Someone using "spirit animal" as a joke on the internet doesn't stop you or anyone else from using the term properly nor does it negate the cultural significance and meaning it has to your people. Stop taking offense from something harmless just because you don't like it.

Please crusade for something constructive instead, like helping the poor.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Wow, I can't believe hamster-chan just let them take pics of her massive dumptruck like that!

This manga has an animal for everyone, and that director is my spirit animal

Could you not mock my people by misusing the phrase "spirit animal" please?

That's not mockery, chill.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

That is one shitty landlord. Sending their young daughter to deal with unruly and disruptive tenants is pretty bad on multiple levels.

They may be training her to potentially take over the business when she gets older.
It's really not a big deal, "disruptive" does not mean violent.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Literally bringing a new definition to "lipstick lesbian."

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Mako is so dang smol, I love it.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

^ Definitely not straight. :P

She could still be straight, she might just really enjoy being a tease.
(Not that I subscribe to that theory myself, just saying.)

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

So I'm not complaining because duh it's adorable yuri, but who the hell tries on bathing suits in the nude?
Think of the other customers who'll want to buy the suit you didn't get!
@_@

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Puts on David Attenborough

And here, we see the wild highschool lesbian in its natural habitat; The classroom.

She may look straight at a glance, but an attentive viewer may notice the way she overheats when a prospecting mate glances in her direction. Though a mostly undocumented phenomena, it is believed that licking another female's fingers is a way of signaling amorous intent to other females, prodding for signs of reciprocation.

The wild "straight" female tends to react violently with a punch to the face (Which is how "straight" females are believed to express affection), whereas the wild Lesbian tends to blush and act bewildered.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Oh hey, candy cigarettes! Haven't seen those in almost twenty years, do they still exist in Japan? I know around here in my country were banned because some people take them way too seriously and think they make kids become smokers.

last edited at Dec 19, 2020 6:27AM

BoobTwinkler
DID discussion 19 Dec 06:22
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

...Mission failed succesfully?

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I have been deceived, lied to, scammed and quite possibly; bamboozled.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

"I REALLY HATE BEING COOL!"

...No worries girl, you're not. <:D

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

The logical solution here is obviously a foursome. <:D

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Gotta agree with these sentiments, there was too much attention put on showing that one above-and-beyond stupid asshole screwing himself over in minute detail for no particular reason.
It reads basically like one of those bad self-insert fanfics that are just contrived cliches where the writer throws in their high school bullies into being the worst assholes ever and receiving their comeuppance for it.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

10 bucks says last girl had an overnight change into delinquency as a last minute challenge.