Forum › Posts by zokoi

joined Jun 11, 2016

Aww... How did this chapter go from really cute and fluffy to sad in two damn pages. I'm glad she's realized her feelings and all but that ending hurt Asako seems to be the generic oblivious as fuck main character though. I mean Myiako didn't flat our flirt or anything but the sudden change in demeanor should have at least had her question why Myiako was doing what she was doing.

Or, hear me out, she is entirely aware that the landlord is being weird, but decided to not comment on it.

Like, how exactly is she supposed to talk about this? "Hey uh miss landlord, I've been noticing that you're behaving strangely, and I'm just wondering but are you flirting with me???" is a very awkward thing to say.

Also, like how miss landlord pointed out as the end of the chapter, they're landlord and tenant, there's a power dynamic at play here; kinda like a boss subtly coming on to their employee. So yeah, miss landlord should just confess her feelings and sort things out from there.

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016
Kumaisekuro-1562641598948974592-img1

"It's all... Sumire's fault...!"
After repeating that phrase múltiple times the first couple of episodes, it would be pretty fun if she were to use it in a moment like this...

wow I love that idea! I hope something like that happen in future episodes.

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016
Compensateddatingdesuno

Maki why. I'm calling Nico.

joined Jun 11, 2016

this is so chaotic and hilarious lol! Thanks for doing this doujin Shenhai Isabei scans(?)

joined Jun 11, 2016

That's all fine and good, but why is it that the friend she consults all the time looks sus?

I think you guys are projecting your insecurities of past stories onto this one. So far the friend looks very supportive of her getting with Yuzu.

I want Angst for this one

On one hand, Angst + Childhood friends is my favorite type of story; on the other hand, these two are just so freaking adorable I don't want anything sad/angsty happen to them so yeah, I'm super torn lol

zokoi
Reliance discussion 26 Aug 10:12
joined Jun 11, 2016

For sure, the author likes to suggest things more than explain them.

I mean, writers and authors are taught to show more than tell, and I find that Japanese and Chinese authors especially like doing that.

Personally, I really love things like these. They're subtle and easy enough to understand, and once you do you can appreciate it a bit more.

joined Jun 11, 2016

The thing about Chinese manhua that I can never like is how weird they tell their stories.

Like, I've read quite a few Chinese novels and THEY'RE GOOD! Sure they're cliche and a bit too poetic sometimes, but they are really good and the writers do a decent job of writing.

And yet the moment the novel is adapted, it became horribly jarred and just feel so wrong. The plot isn't explained much, and readers are left to interpret a lot of things, the transitions between scenes are hard to tell and poorly done, and the characters lost a lot of depths for some reasons. And while the art might be nice, some artists tend to fall into the same face syndrome and makes the already confusing story much harder to follow.

So what I'm trying to say it, I understand and sympathize with all of you who are confused by this story. Imo, I think you all should just read Chinese novels instead. They're better written and easier to understand than these manhuas.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. My question is, what is this genre commonly localized as?

System Transmigration is a much more common term and easier to understand. System Administrator is not only uncommon, but also wrong, because in some stories the System Administrators do exist and their roles are not at all like the Systems.

last edited at Aug 26, 2022 10:03AM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Pretty sure it's a requirmement stipulated for postulating to that position. I remember a couple of years ago a small group of activisits in Japan were complaining about this discriminatory practice against heterosexual students that wanted to become the vice-president.

I can't tell if you're joking or not...

joined Jun 11, 2016

are we supposed to feel sorry for her? Because if anything, this chapter just made me roll my eyes.

How to make an unlikable character more likable ? Just give them a tragic story, add a dead loved one in the mix and a promise and boom.

Do we then have to wait some time for that formula to work? Because apparently the effect is not always immediate.

Glad to see that I'm not the only here who doesn't feel a shred of empathy towards these side characters.

This chasing-after-dead-person-dream reveal is just dumb and forced. Now I don't just hate Shiho, I hate the whole fucking band and this dead character whose name I already forgot, because they're fucking dumb and unnecessary.

We could have had a wholesome story about love between two girls. Instead we get this shit.

joined Jun 11, 2016

The mc girl is like a special agent from some kind of secret service, yes?

They send their operatives into fantasy worlds to do missions?
And this time her mission is to seduce the emperor?
It's a jumbled mess. >_>

And what the frick is that sd doll on the main girl's shoulder? they call her "miss Gongdou" on one vignette but perhaps it's a joke?

This is a very, VERY popular trope in Chinese stories. Basically there are people who are special agents going to different ficitional worlds and do missions. Sometimes they are forced to do it to restore their previous life, sometimes they do it to get reward for other things. But basically they have to do missions in these fictional worlds, and they must get good results.

The missions vary with each story, but they mostly exist as obstacles that hinder the main character's own goal.

That small girl is a "system", a kind of guide that follows along the agent and aids them. Systems are represented as small floating things, and only the agent can see them. Systems can not directly influence the world, what they can do (and is basically their entire reason for existing) is to remind the agent to do their missions.

Agents can refuse to do the missions, but they will have terrible result when the story is over, and that can be bad for them. However, sometimes, there are stories that allow the systems to basically force the agent into doing things by possession.

last edited at Aug 21, 2022 11:55AM

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016
Tumblr_69970553788856fefa4ea05bfdd686b9_6ff7428a_1280

Handholding jokes aside (because they're not really funny)

speak for yourself, handholding jokes are supreme!

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016
Joshua73982135-1560768712994877441-img1

I ship these two because I hate Saria/Silence so much.

zokoi
Make a Mark discussion 20 Aug 12:32
joined Jun 11, 2016

You set the plot.
You create angst.
You add a time skip.
You could have fluff.
You make more angst!?

thanks for this lol

anw wow not what I expected, but well, it's well written. 7/10, wouldn't ever read this again though.

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016

I want Mii-chan for myself, those two "sisters" can have fun by themselves.

joined Jun 11, 2016

uwahh that was so cuteeee

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016
Kagewaka-1558250791168643072-img1

^ you're right. Each event is dedicated to a certain group of characters, and sometimes just one specific character and that's very amazing. It gives the world so much more depth.

@V-Oblivion: I'd argue that out of all Arknights characters, the ones most likely to be the main characters would be Nian's family. They're supernatural beings that's fighting to survive and prevent the revival of a terrible god hellbent on either dominating the world or destroy it.

Or maybe the Abyssal Hunters, but I don't really know much about their lore, aside from the fact that it invovles Cthulhu.

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016
Msivb2l

YESSSSSS

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016

this is so cute I'm crying

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016
Liellafangirl

@AnonTL omg I did not know this, thank you so much!

This explains why there is a popular theory that there will be 12 members! Granted I didn't bother checking it out back then, but this makes so much sense!

zokoi
School Zone discussion 16 Aug 06:09
joined Jun 11, 2016

Yatsude, there's quite a lot of wiggle room between "Hey I'm gonna confront you about your years-long hidden crush" and asking your buddy "What's got you in such a good mood?"

Except nearly everything started out because Yatsuda asked how they were feeling first. It was out of her expectations for things to be so damn heavy.
Like, who the hell would think that a person who seems stupid is actually smart and just doing dumb shit to avoid confrontation of her own feelings? Or how an off-handed comment would be taken so seriously and even cause the other person mental turmoil?

Honestly I relate a lot to Yatsuda here. Sometimes you are just better off not questioning what happened to the people around you because it's better that way. Ignorance is indeed bliss.

last edited at Aug 16, 2022 6:10AM

joined Jun 11, 2016

A Fukatarou doujin of YouChika?! What a great surprise!! Thank you so much Gouma-den scans!

I really love Fukutarou's artstyle, it's just so gentle and you can feel the love in it.

joined Jun 11, 2016

OH MY GOD YES Kurumi you're jealous bruh! I don't give a damn if this 3rd-person-fake-rival-jealousy thing is cliche, as long as it helps Kurumi realizes that she loves Ruriko!!!

Yeah this feels very forced lol. Ruriko clearly finds her annoying and only knew her for like a month.

Yeah, idk if jealous is the appropriate response for a situation where the person you like is showing nothing but annoyance over someone they knew for a month lol

there is clearly fondness there as well. Their friendship might have been brief but Ruriko got along well enough with this new girl to:
1. Talk informally with her (this is like, a really big thing for Japanese)
2. banter with her like close friends do. Their interactions are really playful too.

And while she acts annoyed, Ruriko does care for Rio, because she knew her dating history and told her to watch out for red flags and agree to treat her even though they've just met again in a good while.

Tbh they're acting a lot like me and my friends whenever we try to annoy each other in a playful way.

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016
Oj_o0o-1556266318776926208-img1

Love Live keeps on exceeding my expectations regarding the gayness. Like, people were certain that the Ayumu/Yu scene was the peek of LL gayness, and then these two happened.

last edited at Aug 13, 2022 12:28PM

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016
Oe22p-956582542114676736-img1

^ Indeed she is! Only the best for Fuji!

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016
_myrarose_-1536454970354061312-img1

^ thanks for the info

Here's the link to the webcomic for anyone interested. It's indeed very cute.