Forum › Posts by Wtv

Wtv
Anime season 01 Oct 01:45
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I would scream if they keep these two assholes alive. yeah Jean deserves happiness!! I wonder what the angels and demons are gonna do, I hope we get Angel/demon hybrids since charioce is an asshole and it would be funny if there is more than one Bahamut, i want charioce to despair that everything he did was for nothing

Actually, Bahamut didn't die. That's the point of that last scene. He'll come back someday. Just like...you know...how it was before the show started. So yeah, Charioce started a war, killed a lot of innocent people...for nothing. Great show.

Wtv
Anime season 30 Sep 23:39
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Is Made In Abyss really rough to watch? I'm kind of a wimp, horror-wise, but the visuals I've seen in screenshots are stunning so I'm tempted.

There's not much horror.
The gore in one specific episode is pretty heavy, though.
Not really a spoiler, but maybe some people would mind.

last edited at Sep 30, 2017 11:39PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

What a drama.
I wonder how many people making this document know how these things works. There's some clear absurds there like the creator giving Tatsuki freedom to do what he wanted. What doesn't matter because the brand is Kadokawa's, not his. He can't decide that by himself.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Also to the post above, "No one cares" ... Please don't speak for everyone, I'm super worried about the adaptation of Onepunch man s2, the manga adaptation by Murata doesn't even have enough for 12 episodes of new content so unless they work with the original source everything can go really really bad! We're talking about the people who made the fillers for Railgun uggh.

Of course. What I meant with "no one cares" as a hyperbole is that there's not such a dramatic reaction over it, even though it's the same situation. It happens all the time and people just accept it.
I for one won't watch second season of Kekkai Sensen since Rie Matsumoto was the only reason for me to watch it.

Maybe what you mean was that even if we care, it doesn't matter because we have no control over these things but at least I have the choice to avoid something based on information like this, and those companies don't care about me as individual but they care about the rage from all the fans in Japan.

Do they? People might boycott KemoFure S2, and Japan really do those things. But do you think they'll give up on other series they love that Kadokawa owns? KemoFure was not a thing for them since some time ago. It dying won't have any impact in the company.
People won't stop buying Illya's manga, Index novels. In fact, if they do that, they're hurting the author more than Kadokawa itself. So yeah, this will be just a minor controversy for them. People are wasting energy in this. If they care that much, they should focus on support Tatsuki saying they'll follow his next project instead of seeking vengeance.

There are a number of theories flying around the internet in Japan that there were actually darker motives behind the situation.

Never believe rumours, though. Like someone that said on ANN comments that maybe sexual harassment was the cause. Of course, they had no basis at all to claim such thing. Saying things like that is dangerous.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I know it's easier to just blame the big company, but if what they said is true, that they asked for Tatsuki stop doing whatever he wanted with the franchise and he refused, there was nothing they could do. Someone really expected they to say: "Okay then, just do whatever with the franchise we're paying for".
Don't forget two of those shorts were actually ads. Doing this behind the company who owns the rights for the series is not a smart or right thing to do.

That's of course if we believe what Kadokawa said, and we have no reason to doubt it as of now.

No thats a massive lie since Tatsuki did all that months ago, if they had a conversation with him about it it would've been back at the start of august and he would've been fired then, they are just trying to cover their tracts and claim they did nothing wrong.

Kadokawa was lying all along regarding the 3d studio Yaoyorozu and Kemono Friends.
Both Japan Racing Association and Nissin have claimed they had permission for the collaborations all along, as opposed of Kadokawa's statement.

JRA statement
http://umabi.jp/kemono-friends/
Nissin statement
http://www.donbei.jp/kemono-friends/

Also Yaoyorozu's website still down
http://yaoyorozu.info/

Well, we don't even know how their deal went. Nissin Just said "Kemono Friends Project", that could mean Yaoyorozu only. But okay, let's consider they're lying. Fact is, they have no reason to fire him at all. There was some kind of deal that Tatsuki refused, so they fired him. That's how it works. Maybe it was a stupid idea and he saved his name by refusing. That doesn't matter. KemoFure belongs to Kadokawa. If they wanted to fire him because they hate his haircut, they have all the right to, as long as they pay him what's worth. Now people want what? Kadokawa's director to kill himself? The whole company to broke down? I'm sorry, that won't happen. KemoFure isn't even necessary for them to survive.

This thing blew out of proportion already. This kind of thing happens all the time.
Kekkai Sensen will switch director. Matsumoto made it special, now it'll be just another generic shounen. No one cares.
One Punch Man will switch studio. The quality won't be close to what Madhouse could do, and they're probably just cheaping it out. No one cares.
Yunico had a similar situation with FlipFlapers. Although she didn't seem that sad about it, it was her concept and she was fired against her will. No one cared.
But now suddenly the internet wants to bring a big company down.

Well, won't happen. I think Tatsuki will be fine if he learn to deal with big corporations. Otherwise he better stick with independent jobs.
As for Kadokawa? They'll be fine. Next week the new Index season might be announced and people will love them again.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I know it's easier to just blame the big company, but if what they said is true, that they asked for Tatsuki stop doing whatever he wanted with the franchise and he refused, there was nothing they could do. Someone really expected they to say: "Okay then, just do whatever with the franchise we're paying for".
Don't forget two of those shorts were actually ads. Doing this behind the company who owns the rights for the series is not a smart or right thing to do.

That's of course if we believe what Kadokawa said, and we have no reason to doubt it as of now.

No thats a massive lie since Tatsuki did all that months ago, if they had a conversation with him about it it would've been back at the start of august and he would've been fired then, they are just trying to cover their tracts and claim they did nothing wrong.

Why would they even lie? They know how popular the director is and they probably tried to keep him. How long you think negotations like these would take? His studio was credited to work on season 2. Not only they have to change the studio now, but the season will be delayed. This is clearly a situation that wasn't planned ahead. Also, nothing in Tatsuki's tweet contradict it.

Of course there might be things we don't know, but that know would be just speculations. More likely they're just protective their brand and the director didn't want to do as they asked.

What company you think would allow that? How do you think Square Enix would act if any of their employees made an ad for horse race using the brand without their authorization, for example?

Not saying Tatsuki is wrong. It was his choice and maybe he'll try to work as an independent studio now. RWBY is making some success in Japan, so there's market for that.

Well, he also released a bunch of books of official materials as doujins at comiket. Which can get people in trouble if they do it without permission.

Those are usually okay. I think it was Touhou that recently was banned from selling doujin videos, but books were okay.

last edited at Sep 27, 2017 10:19AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

TFW the "sequels" wasn't about them and instead we got lots of wtf with Goddesses and time travel .-.

They did have a fairly major role in LR... The sequels did have pretty WTF plots, though

In LR, Lighting says Fang and Vanille's bond is "stronger than family".
Sadly I gave up on FF until Square does something that feels like the series again, and less like Nomura's dream.

Wtv
Anime season 18 Aug 17:08
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Interesting insight! What was the problem, BTW?

First episodes had a lot of japanese complaining on Twitter: "what a going on?", "please explain".
The obscure plot probably made a lot of people drop it. Maybe it would be a more successful show years ago, when EVA and FLCL were success.

Wtv
Anime season 18 Aug 14:21
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Has the staff said anything regarding Yuri though? As I said, going that route seems risky after Flip Flappers failed...

That's not how anime industry works, though. It's pretty rare for a studio to run away from a genre because one show fails, since most shows fail. The majority of anime shows in every season flops in bd sales. They can still get money otherwise, but usually the studio don't lose that much money because the money comes from the committee. It could happen with the guys who have the money stop investing in a genre, but that's also rare, since they know almost nothing about anime. Also, the problem the japanese audience had with FliFla was clear since the first episode, and it wasn't the yuri. In fact, it's more likely that the studio will look at how yuri subtext is present in successful shows like Love Live and Madoka, rather than looking at their own shows.
Pretty much everything this studio made flopped, but they never changed their style because of that, since that's the industry's reality. Princess Principal is their first small success, in fact.

Most staff don't talk about things like "my show is yuri", either. FliFla's director did, but he was the exception. Izetta's staff didn't, and it was clear that was what they were aiming for. Izetta's seiyuu did it, though but that's common for seiyuus.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I liked the thing until I got kinda dubious about the -us and double-checked whether the apple thing was true - it's malum for apple, malus would be a fruit/apple tree.

It's ruined for me now :(

She ate the entire tree, then.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I feel sorry for the king

Why? His new wife and his daughter love each other. What more he could ask for?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Question: I've been thinking about getting this game for a while now, so I've been wondering is it actual yuri or is it just yuribait?

That depends. Do you think Madoka and Homura is yuri enough? Because that's pretty much what this game is.
But with more happy moments, sleeping together, dancing together and plot related kiss

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Or what if they hook up while he's gone, feel terrible about it, and then he dies on the way home? And Kaoru's pregnant? That would be the most extreme soap opera-esque plot development imaginable.

I don't know. It would have some drama in the beginning, but then it would become really cute, with two girls married raising a child.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

However, I think I'd rather have the story just end with the main character alone than take an easy way out for a convenient happy ending. Like if it's suddenly revealed that the brother is unfaithful or otherwise "deserves" to be cheated on

Or, you know, I felt there were too much flags in this chapter about the brother travel and Kaoru worried about it. Although it would be pretty cheap development if he dies or something, but it could happen.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 4:37PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

She's in an unfortunate but believable position, and it's unclear how it will all end up. Maybe she'll just give up on her one-sided love some day, and the story will end.

It was asked to the author in an interview if they could hope for any development between Uta and Kaoru. She said that it wouldn't be a yuri manga otherwise

Seriously, though, people who ship the protagonist with a third party are delusional.

Wtv
Deleting account? 01 Aug 15:27
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Then you should start deleting them one by one before your account is deleted; because- if I remember correctly, whether it's you or a mod who has to remove them, it can only be done one way; which is the said manual suppression.

I don't know how this site works, but any structured database would take only one line from the DBA for that. It shouldn't be needed to delete it manually.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Step sisters or sisters in law tho

Step sisters. It looks like step sisters and sister in law use the same words in Japanese. But the story is about the protagonist's mother marrying another guy who has daughters. And those daughters fall in Iove with the protagonist.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

(what kind of insane stalker can't find their stalkie's email?)

Akira has no friends.
The only way she would get her email is by hacking into her phone or stealing it.

But she can find out where Akira lives and what she likes to eat with ease?

You can find first one easily just following the person. Second one is harder, indeed.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

(what kind of insane stalker can't find their stalkie's email?)

Akira has no friends.
The only way she would get her email is by hacking into her phone or stealing it.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Even harder sci-fi stories where time travel is the main point generally don't agree on how it works. In a story like this, the author just threw in time travel for a fun setting and will certainly reveal random bullshit rules as necessary to advance the plot, which is as good a method as any. Anyone who tells you they know how time travel works is a liar, so might as well just make up the rules to suit the story.

And what a lovely story it is!

I have read ahead, so you might consider it a spoiler. This is not a spoiler, though, but speculation, since none on future chapters confirm any of it. I'm still putting it on spoiler bars: There's a chance the time travel thing is a lie, actually. She clearly looks like a stalker, and she might have said it as a way to approach the girl she likes.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

When does the yuri begin?

This was one of two stories on Yuri Hime that had no hint of yuri at all in the chapters.
The other story ended this month, and guess what?!
The end was not yuri

Out of curiosity, what's that other story called? I mean, I'll keep reading this even if it never becomes yuri 'cause I love fighting games and games in general, but, yeah, I probably won't do the same for that other thing.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/106258/Shuumatsu_Nani_Shi_ni_Ikou
This one. I don't think it'll ever be translated since there's no point.
There's not even a single theme. Each chapter is a big exposition chapter about the new hobby they tried.

The author never tried to promote it on her twitter and pixiv, so I think she doesn't even care.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

When does the yuri begin?

This was one of two stories on Yuri Hime that had no hint of yuri at all in the chapters.
The other story ended this month, and guess what?!
The end was not yuri

last edited at Jul 19, 2017 10:29PM by Nezchan

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Ewh why are all the chracters so disgusting?! I'm surprised I got through all of the chapter...

Sometimes I wonder if people are used to read things with only hyper-idealized characters.
The girls here aren't even that bad. These are all normal personalities in comedies.

Wtv
Anime season 17 Jul 00:51
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Anyone who went through the Kakegurui manga know of its been followed closely? Only part I read was vol6 for the yuri. Think that volume might get animated?

Pretty damn close to a 1:1 adaptation so far. Based on the OP, they'll probably reach that yuri arc.

Edit: I went to re-check the manga chapters, the yuri arc starts from ch 29. So far, they adapted 4.5 chaps into 3 eps. There are 12 in total this season, so they might only adapt up to the idol girl's arc or the glasses dude's arc. So the yuri arc might have to wait till S2, assuming this does get a S2 which I think is likely.

A scene of that arc is in the opening. They rarely put things on opening that's not on the show itself. Like, almost never.
So they might rush and skip stuff soon to get to it.
That or the show'll have more than 12 episodes actually, although that would mean that scene would appear on the second opening, so it's unlikely.