Forum › Posts by Nosebleed

Nosebleed Uploader
Anime season 29 Apr 20:51
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Well so far none of the males in the novels even comes close to being Eruna's love interest. And since the anime adapts the novels, at the very least i do not foresee it happening.
I guess all i can add is "let's wait and see".

The fight animations in episode 4 was improved!! I guess they do read critics and forums.

Eeehhhh i could still make some "quality" threads with certain shots from ep 4. It's still definitely got ways to go, the drop in animation quality is really noticeable and that's what's off putting to most people. Quality usually drops during action, but in this anime's case it just stands out a lot and feels unpolished.

Moving on.. Anyone here watching Houkago no Pleiades? I really want to like the show but there's nothing that engaging happening, kind of a shame since it could be so colorful and full of friendship but right now it's pretty bland.

last edited at Apr 29, 2015 8:54PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Anime season 29 Apr 20:14
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Guys, Eruna is a lesbian through and through, there's not going to be a het ending. There will probably not be a legitimate yuri end, but definitely not a het one.

I've seen enough anime and read enough manga to not blindly believe that.
But I am pretty positive about the whole thing in Mikagura. It's probably my most anticipated anime from this season, possibly even moreso than Nanoha.

Making her straight after all the blatant yuri would be really out of character for her, especially when it says in the album booklet that one of her wishes is to marry all the cute girls in the world. I really don't think Last Note will turn her character around like that, not just because i'm a yuri fan but because that's seriously poor writing if it actually happened. Prince charming isn't going to fall out of the sky like that. I mean i'm not saying to hope for a yuri marriage ending or anything, but a het ending with Eruna would seriously be the most awful thing one could think up for this series. I'm putting faith on Last Note here.

last edited at Apr 29, 2015 8:18PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Anime season 29 Apr 19:29
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Guys, Eruna is a lesbian through and through, there's not going to be a het ending. There will probably not be a legitimate yuri end, but definitely not a het one.

Just sit back and wait for all the Eruna x Otone shenanigans.

I'm really enjoying Mikagura Gakuen, though the animation during the battles is cringey no matter how i look at it, but still, fun adaptation.

last edited at Apr 29, 2015 7:30PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

I just never encountered the word 探訪 before, so i was quite at a loss on how to translate it, and given that all my dictionaries gave me journalism related stuff (apart from "searching"), I really couldn't make much sense out of it, unfortunately, even after asking a couple people for help. I do apologize for that (though I'm glad at least the rest of the story was fine :P (or at least I hope it was))
After reading through all the suggestions, I do agree with your take on it the most, kouhai, I believe "home visit" is the most fitting for the context at hand, I just really didn't make the connection in my head since I was unfamiliar with the expression.
If a moderator is able to, I would kindly ask to rename the title to "Maki-chan's home visit" if possible.
I'm not hurt or anything, I know i make blunders pretty often, so it's always good to learn! Thank you for the help with explaining this title, it was really confusing me.
Also the "finding an easier title" was just an expression :P I translate the things I find cute! That is the only criteria~
I'll try to have some other people look over stuff I do next time if I can (this was just something I found and translated at 4 in the morning in one sitting after working for 3 hours straight on a VN translation project haha)

last edited at Apr 27, 2015 11:32AM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

... but i assumed it implied she was kind of looking for new house where she felt comfortable in, where she felt at home.

Your assumption is false. You need some sleep before re-reading page 03, which was done by yourself.

As vague as it is, the verb is still "to search/inquire" and even after asking a native person to make sure of it, the only suggestion they gave was "home searching". Well i generally suck at translating titles and i could probably have twisted this one around a bit to fit the context, but i usually end up being literal so i didn't even think about turning it into visit, so this is how it came out in the end. I'm sorry for doing things half asleep, i'll try and pay more attention to context next timeヽ(_ _ヽ)彡 (read: i'll try to look for easy titles next time)

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 10:39PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Anyone would like share your pasta/spaghetti/whatever recipe?

Come to think of it, shouldn't this title translated into "Maki's Visit to Home"?

The verb is searching and the noun is house/home (someone else's), it's kinda vague but i assumed it implied she was kind of looking for new house where she felt comfortable in, where she felt at home. I asked a couple other people and there really isn't many possible translations so i just went with this. Also i was sleepy to think too hard about it.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Scanlator of the chapter said "Man, what an ending.", I'm guessing that they actually meant "what a ending to this chapter. Lol. Badly phrased. :p

Indeed that's a horrible way to word it. Doki pls :(

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

G-get back in there tear... this is not the time..!

Also this is not the ending, the manga has 46 chapters in total, don't panic people, no one in their right mind would actually write an ending like this.

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 1:34PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Does anyone ship IA with SeeU?

SeeU is more like a pet rather than a love interest.

Nosebleed Uploader
Suggestions? 20 Apr 23:48
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Suggestions? Read even MORE yuri manga.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Mayu's character concept is that of a Yandere Highschool studen. On top of having an axe with her, she sings using her bunny which has a built in microphone, she does so by holding its neck as if she were strangling it. So all in all this is actually a pretty tame version of Mayu.
Wether she's shippable with IA is anyone's guess~

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 9:50PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Stupid cockblocking kid mumble-mumble

If it makes you feel better, the author released a couple other shorts where they actually get some intimate time :P
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=40790030
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=39086150

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

So in the end Maki got her own Yazawa harem. 10/10
Praise GiB for translating this~

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

I think i got diabetes from this. And I'm okay with it.

last edited at Apr 18, 2015 10:58PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Nooooooooooooooo, it's still too early for this to end </3

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

I just read all chapters of this in one sitting.
The yuri intensification is real... i love it.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Well, this works out too!

Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

This looks great! I'm a huge visual novel fan so i'll definitely give it a go tomorrow and try to give some feedback.

Also hope you don't mind me sharing this on Fuwanovel.

Nosebleed Uploader
BiBi x Pink discussion 31 Mar 00:51
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

I don't understand what mini-idol units like BiBi are (don't watch the show; don't listen to J-pop). Is it just that they can't have all the members on every song, so they split them up into these sub-units?

It's just an idol thing to do. Plenty of idol groups often split up into sub units just for the sake of producing different kinds of songs and whatnot. Usually subunits have some theme to them which their music is based off of, branching off of the main unit. The main unit still has more songs though and having subunits doesn't mean to split the main group, it's like having your main job and your part time job, they do both at the same time.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 12:53AM

Nosebleed Uploader
BiBi x Pink discussion 30 Mar 23:35
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Nico-chan, you'll always be the pink in my heart~
That was really heartwarming.

Nosebleed Uploader
Image Comments 28 Mar 23:47
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014
35221215_p0

Yesss. More Ayano x Kyoukoooo
These 2 make Yuru Yuri great<3

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Well since vocaloids don't have an actual plot behind them you can literally make any pairing. I personally think IA and Yukari look good together. Maybe it's the color scheme that's similar, but i just look at them and feel harmony.
I also have never really seen IA paired together with anyone else so i'm the opposite of you~. Maybe with Lily or Mayu a bit.

In terms of amount of doujins, there's not an insane amount.
On pixiv there's 16 pages with the YukaIA tag (of course i went through all of them just like i did with the 500+ NicoMaki pages. Call help pls) and maybe 10-15 doujins overall, but only short stuff though.

I'll probably try to translate some more once i'm done translating yuri games (doing both is too tiring~). Though for some reason all the doujins i found also have awful handwriting spread all over them so they're going to be a pain to clean and typeset. Is computer font too much to ask for cry.

I did find an ongoing 4koma vocaloid series on danbooru called Miku Plus. Currently has 400 strips and in it IA and Yukari live together which is pretty cute, but it's just a gag manga so there's no deeper subtext (still fun though)

Moral of the story is, if you just look at them hard enough, you'll probably eventually understand they were meant to be together~

And no way, my IA figure is swinging her head in disagreement with you, she wants to be inside Yukari's oversized hoodie~

last edited at Mar 27, 2015 2:31AM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

I wanna fight Yukari for IA. IA is bae. <3

IA is Yukari's waifu. Hands off (」゜ロ゜)」

sigh I want to translate more Yukari x IA stuff, there seems to be a distinct lack of them everywhere I go, including here~
There's a few cute short stories on pixiv with them as well, but I need to focus on other yuri stuff now. I never knew there was such a thing as "too much yuri". This sucks. w

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Um . . . how are the characters part of vocaloid? I have never heard of them before.

Both IA and Yuzuki Yukari are from Vocaloid 3
You're probably more familiar with the Vocaloid 2 series which has the more popular characters (Miku, Luka, Rin, Len, etc).
But they're all official releases. IA even gives live shows.
You might want to check out this list to see all the new additions~

There's plenty of cute Vocaloid 3 characters you can ship and I personally prefer them over the Vocaloid 2 ones.

I think IA x Yukari needs to be more popular too. IA is the most popular Vocaloid 3 character. Yukari on the other hand is less used and thus less popular, but still loved~
Hopefully Vocaloid 4 makes her more popular and we start seeing more of the two as a consequence.

last edited at Mar 26, 2015 4:53PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

I believe this is indeed a vocaloid version based off of Husky and Medley.

First off the original title had parody written on it (well, it had "paro" which i assume is an abbreviation of it), but i left it out since I didn't get why it was there (Full title was "Huskey and Medley, Yukari x IA parody")

Secondly, In the first panel I didn't translate the stuff on the left because I couldn't understand what it was referring to. It implied there was something before it but since I had never seen or heard about Huskey and Medley I was pretty clueless when I saw that written (also weird japanese jargon + barely readable handwriting made me say "screw this")

It basically said something like "The lines were changed for the purpose of dramatization", I thought it didn't make much sense so I left it untranslated (it didn't impact the story after all) but if you assume it's based off of the original Huskey and Medley (which I ended up reading yesterday thanks to you guys) then yes, it would make sense for this to be a parody of it.

I'm sorry for not doing the proper research, I didn't know there was deeper meaning behind it, if I had known beforehand I'd probably have changed the title to include the parody part(; ̄д ̄)Oh well. At least it's just the title. But it's nice to know these facts. w

last edited at Mar 26, 2015 12:36PM