Forum › Posts by Seira

Seira
Killing Me! discussion 17 Jun 15:03
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

LOL Chiharu fainted and Saki was stabbed in the arm and Miyoko just runs away like the Gingerbread Man.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

So it's like skipping through time with each chapter? This is gonna end with some graves.

Totally looking forward to when they turn 36, 46, 56, 66, and so on. :’)

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 2:54PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

For starters, I’d like to say I don’t condone sexual assault, but this is all taking place in a world that’s different than ours. Perhaps assault is viewed differently there, or taken lighter for whatever reason, or the girls have been conditioned to put on nothing but a pretty face in public, or Kohane & co. are simply just insane for tolerating it. People are reading too deeply into it if they think the “message” the author is sending is that assault is okay. For us, obviously it isn’t, but their world is different from ours and we know too little to be making assumptions.

Personally, I think the author was just trying to show the readers (and Kohane) that Aoi is super broken, and at the same time, super passionate and utterly mad for Rekka. Kohane realizes here that Aoi is beautiful for even being able to have these thoughts in the first place, and admires Aoi’s personal “garden” (even if it’s not something she’s necessarily on board with). And I feel like we might not have seen Kohane’s true feelings about the actual incident itself. Perhaps Sayuri has finally ended the silence with her recent confrontation.

Although, I understand that the assault can make people uncomfortable and drive them away from the series. There is nothing wrong with that at all. All I’m trying to say is that the message the author was getting across was not assault = okay. Perhaps Aoi’s intensity and brokenness were just executed really poorly, but I don’t think that should be a testament to the author’s moral compass.

Basically what Nya-chan said:

I tip my hat to the way the kindof sexual assault has been handled because, actually, it has not been hand-waved but integrated in the 3way relationship of Aoi x Kohane x Sayuri.

I can understand why some people don't like the idea of an assault not having consequences, but I'll just say that it's not that kind of story. The author isn't writing about rape. They are writing about complex relationships between girls in the context of a menless world.

EDIT: I wonder if there's a reason why everybody's pretending it's okay and like nothing ever happened. Never mind Aoi, Kohane and Sayuri, it seems like even Rekka is turning a blind eye to it. However, Kohane is aware that something is wrong and yet, everyone (including herself) seems to be so adamant on preserving the peace in the garden. Maybe everyone in the club has committed some kind of sin (excluding Kohane, because she's not a member of the club), but they're all choosing to be silent about it with each other. Or maybe the seven deadly sins? (Aoi = Lust, Sayuri = Greed? Wrath?, Rekka = unknown, maybe something to do with the president, Kanamori = Pride?, Ukyou & Momo = ... Gluttony?, Kohane = Envy? And maybe one for the president herself?)

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 5:06PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Oops, I'm like, triple posting here, lol. Couldn't find the raws for chapters 10-13, but I read 14 & 15 on the Pixiv site, and...

(Image is from chapter 15, but not really a spoiler) So cute.

Lengthy summaries below, LOL.

Chapter 14:

Oof, Aoi x Kohane (platonic) bonding time in chapter 14. I don't know what happened in the chapters before this, so I'm guessing Aoi was ready to leave the club, but Kohane (who still hasn't joined) comforts her (she points out the "himawari" (sunflower) and "tachiaoi" (hollyhock) in the garden, both of which are spelled with Aoi's given name in kanji, and tells Aoi that her flowers have properly bloomed), reassures Aoi that she is very much so needed within the club, and tells her that ever since Aoi attacked her, Kohane made the realization that nothing would change by just sitting around and doing nothing.

Kohane essentially tells Aoi that there is meaning to her membership with the club: Aoi is the reason that Kohane is finally trying to make something out of her own hands and change for the better. Without Aoi, Kohane feels that she would've just been stuck in an indecisive limbo forever. After hearing this, Aoi thinks Kohane is selfish for coming up with such a reason that ties her down to the club, but is grateful nonetheless. Kohane suggests that they start over from the beginning. Aoi takes her hand and agrees.

Chapter 15:

Kohane actually wakes up on time for school, what a miracle. And the reason for this is out of excitement after finally being able to get along with Aoi. However, her mood is quickly destroyed by her atrocious test grades. In this scene, she points out that she and Sayuri's seats have been separated after the exams ended, so they have probably become more distant.

After class, Kohane finds Aoi standing right outside of her classroom door (causing Kohane to think: "No way. Did the Aimiya-senpai actually come here just for me?) Aoi, in standard tsundere fashion, asks Kohane if she was planning to go to the gardening club, and suggests that they go together (so Aoi can face Rekka, and Kohane can finally join). Kohane teases Aoi by asking if she was actually just too scared to go alone. Aoi responds to this by asking, "Sorry, did you say something? ( ᓀ ‸ ᓂ )"

Of course, Sayuri sees this and calls out to Kohane, worried that Aoi has coerced her into something again. However, Kohane clears things up by reassuring Sayuri that she and Aoi have actually just become friends. Sayuri asks why and how they even became friends after the "incident" (refer to chapter 4) like nothing ever happened, and she calls them weird for making up at all. Aoi responds by pointing out that Sayuri had been behaving similarly- just like nothing had ever happened at all- and calls her weird for doing so as well. The two of them tell each other (at the same time) that the other has no room to speak.

Kohane tries to calm them down, which causes Sayuri to realize she had shown an unsightly side of herself to Kohane, and runs off. Kohane is about to run after her when Aoi tells her not to do so until she's sure she knows how to tackle Sayuri's feelings, and that if Kohane spends all of her time chasing after people's backs, then she will never change. Aoi then apologizes to Kohane (in a tsundere fashion, of course) for that "incident", to which Kohane asks her to repeat it, since she didn't hear it properly. Embarrassed, Aoi storms off ahead of her towards the gardening club. Lagging behind, Kohane thinks to herself that everyone is kind of cruel, and that if they have something important to say, they should just suck it up and say it already.

When Kohane and Aoi get to the garden, Aoi is a nervous wreck when she sees Rekka. She clings onto Kohane's skirt, and is unable to formulate any words. Kohane tells Aoi to get her shit together and face her fears, but Aoi comes up with an excuse to run off and ends up pushing Kohane towards Rekka instead so she can deal with her business first. With Aoi gone, Kohane tells Rekka that she wants to join the gardening club for real now... but for some reason, Rekka formally declines the request, essentially stomping on Kohane's earlier plans in chapter 14.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 4:12PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Aoi sure is an interesting character huh. She seems to have OCD or some sort of personality disorder.

but I sure as heck ship Aoi x Kohane

Me too. Seeing more of Aoi's personality I feel more confident they are end game since Aoi seems to be obsessed with being perfect and Kohane, like Hanatsuka, is dirty and clumsy.

Maybe Kohane will eventually (metaphorically) fix up the broken garden that is Aoi. :^)

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Oof, chapter 8 page 13... I may be reading too much into it, but I sure as heck ship Aoi x Kohane.

"I was able to show her everything inside of me, but I'm sure (I like)"

Of course, that's after splicing up two different things going on at once.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

How sneaky, Nanoha. :^)

Can't wait for chapters 22 and 23 to come out.
what happened in chapter 22 and 23?!!

Nothing big, but I personally liked those chapters, haha. Although if you do want to know, they were flashbacks of how Chidori and Nanoha got together, and it’s really endearing.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

How sneaky, Nanoha. :^)

Can't wait for chapters 22 and 23 to come out.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Fuck yeah it's college! I wish more series would take place in college man I'm so sick of high school. I hope this becomes a long running series or something

I can get behind a long run, as long isn't a one trick pony. Or a two trick pony as the case may be. I don't want to get 20, or 30 chapters in and all the author as done is filled the pages with manga clichés, while dangling the occasional ambiguous hint that there might be a yuri hookup at the end of the story ark rainbow.

inb4 (in college) a boy confesses to Shiori, who believes the only way to escape this "misunderstanding" is by getting rid of it altogether and decides to date him, and Kanoko is like "wtf" and out of heartbreak, dates another girl, which makes Shiori go "wtf" because she thought Kanoko would never love girls that way and they fight and ultimately make up, but some force of misfortune falls upon them and they are forced to separate indefinitely and then graduation comes around the corner, but they somehow meet one another again with both of them as OLs, except Kanoko's the CEO of this company and Shiori is just a lackey and Kanoko, who thought she'd never meet Shiori again, is happily in another relationship, meanwhile the rest of Shiori's half of the story is her finally trying to get over her first love and---

What cliches am I missing...?

ARGH! I DIDN'T SAY THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE ALL MANGA CLICHES! I SAID I HOPE IT DOESN'T TURN OUT TO BE! THANKS FOR THE SPOILERS! GEEZZE!
I've read to many manga where you get 30 chapters in and the MCs are still at the "We're just good friends" stage of the story, because the author as filled most of the chapters with hot spring trips and visits to sick friends.

Hot springs trips, visits to sick friends, beach trips, amusement park "dates", sports festivals, cultural festivals, moving away to another country to pursue their dreams, group study sessions, class field trips, training camps, camping in general, love polygon rivals coming in to stir up drama, "But we're both girls!", unwillingness to communicate, dishonesty with one's own feelings, somebody gets seriously ill or injured, etcetc... :(

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Fuck yeah it's college! I wish more series would take place in college man I'm so sick of high school. I hope this becomes a long running series or something

I can get behind a long run, as long isn't a one trick pony. Or a two trick pony as the case may be. I don't want to get 20, or 30 chapters in and all the author as done is filled the pages with manga clichés, while dangling the occasional ambiguous hint that there might be a yuri hookup at the end of the story ark rainbow.

inb4 (in college) a boy confesses to Shiori, who believes the only way to escape this "misunderstanding" is by getting rid of it altogether and decides to date him, and Kanoko is like "wtf" and out of heartbreak, dates another girl, which makes Shiori go "wtf" because she thought Kanoko would never love girls that way and they fight and ultimately make up, but some force of misfortune falls upon them and they are forced to separate indefinitely and then graduation comes around the corner, but they somehow meet one another again with both of them as OLs, except Kanoko's the CEO of this company and Shiori is just a lackey and Kanoko, who thought she'd never meet Shiori again, is happily in another relationship, meanwhile the rest of Shiori's half of the story is her finally trying to get over her first love and---

What cliches am I missing...?

last edited at Jun 12, 2018 12:37AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

How in the world did she manage to attract so many girls? (though the one I don't really get is Yuri)

Ucchi’s initial disgust towards her very quickly turned into infatuation possibly because she ended up obsessing over Tomoko and thinking about her nonstop, and Yoshida’s kinda special in that she treats everyone the exact same way (although I doubt she’s attracted to Tomoko).

Meanwhile, Nemo’s always been low-key interested in Kuro, Yuri’s super happy she was able to befriend other people besides Mako and truly cherishes Tomoko and Yoshida (the only two other people she considers friends besides Mako, but she seemingly gets along better with Tomoko out of all of them due to their shared introverted traits), and Katou is just the super doting motherly type (probably thinking that “any friend of Hina’s is a friend of mine!”)

I think it’s sweet that Yuri has been able to more or less open up because of Tomoko. Even Mako notes that Yuri has been saying and doing things out of her normal character, and thinks it’s nice that Yuri was able to find somebody she could truly connect with. Through Mako’s eyes, we see that Tomoko brings about new sides to Yuri that not even she (Mako) has even seen before, despite being best friends, so I find that a little endearing. Whether or not Yuri (or any of these girls, for that matter) has romantic feelings for Tomoko remains unknown though :^)

last edited at Jun 11, 2018 8:52AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Can I shamefully ship Yuri x Nemo

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

What is this feeling?? :(

I also like the reaction of the glasses girl on the first panel of page 3. Her face is all like, "How did you know this is what I wanted to eat?!?"

last edited at Jun 8, 2018 8:21PM

Seira
1 x ½ discussion 03 Jun 17:10
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

theres 2 girls in her past?

that one looks like akira

Pretty sure it was Asuka’s imagination. She was getting it on with that unnamed black haired girl, but was imagining the girl was Ayako the whole time and realized she was actually just in love with her mom.

Seems like Ayako has caught onto Jun’s feelings for Asuka though, in some sense.

last edited at Jun 3, 2018 5:10PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Miho...?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I didn’t realize the most recent chapter came out a month ago, whoops.

Short spoilers:

Nothing much, except Akira and Pure end up going to a hangout with their classmates, when one classmate admits that she feels like she doesn’t really romantically like her partner and she feels she only has feelings of dependency towards him — exactly like how Akira feels about Pure. Another classmate tells her not to worry, and that “liking” somebody and being “dependent” has its similarities and is not necessarily as black-and-white as it seems, and tells her to imagine if she was confessed to by another guy, would she have gone out with him instead?

Akira, who has been listening intently, takes this advice seriously, and realizes she can “like” and be “dependent” on Pure at the same time, and that had she not met Pure, she likely would not have come to feel this way about somebody else. She recognizes Pure as an irreplaceable person to her, and at the end of the chapter, basically admits to herself that she has fallen in love with Pure.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Holy fuck next chapter is amazing! Maybe this manga will manage to redeem itself?

Finally.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Just read chapter 15, and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE LAST PAGE AHHHHHH

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I still think Megumi Is Nadeshiko's girlfriend, I just can't imagine other reason for the 10 p.m thing besides a part time job, and Megumi is the only one that has one

Could be cram school, or busy with other extracurriculars in the evening, or maybe that’s the only time one of them is allowed their own privacy, or calling at that time was Nadeshiko’s idea, etcetc.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Judging from the author’s notes, it looks like the rape scene was partly to explain how pregnancy works in this world. Of course, that doesn’t justify anything, but I guess that might be a reason why it was shown at all...?

They already infodumped the whole monogender thing in classroom, not really seeing why the reproductive details couldn't be covered the same way.

Established Aoi's yandere credentials if nothing else I suppose.

The author’s notes indicate that they had come up with a very elaborate backstory as to how the world became the way that it is, but their editor axed it because it’d be too boring, so in its stead, the author tried to explain it through chapters 2 (the class) and chapter 4 (the attempt).

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Judging from the author’s notes, it looks like the rape scene was partly to explain how pregnancy works in this world. Of course, that doesn’t justify anything, but I guess that might be a reason why it was shown at all...?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Before I read the last page, I was so confused about why 飛鳥 was being read as Asuna, haha. I thought Mikaze was talking to someone else entirely when she said “Asuna”, LOL.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Well, that "still not dating" line is meant as in "even now, we aren't"; not as "we aren't, yet".

But there's plenty of other signs that they're starting to move forward, so that fact shouldn't really dampen anything.

Yeah, figured it was just a way to clarify that they weren't dating rather than downright saying there was hope for the future...

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I'm assuming Yume appears in other events or maybe does other things outside of her own stream on different days, but that's just me trying rationalize why Yotsuba is "always" so accommodating. If I scheduled dates on days where I was busy and the other person reminded me that I had something to do, then that's nothing of concern and entirely on me, but what Yume is saying here is that Yotsuba is always accommodating, like when Yume's Sunday suddenly gets taken up, Yotsuba immediately gave her the okay without a second thought. I feel as if situations like that happen often between them.

Although Yume was definitely being really vague when she walked out, I kind of understand her reasoning. As frustrating as it is, lack of communication is just so prevalent in relationships of all kinds, and I'm sure her insecurity was doing her no favors.

EDIT: Wait, I just realized Yotsuba’s birthday was completely forgotten, LOL. I guess it’d be really suspicious if your girlfriend blows off her own birthday as no big deal...

last edited at May 6, 2018 9:44PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

What does Haruko say in Japanese when she told Chinatsu that they weren't dating? ( ゚д゚)