Forum › Posts by Koveras

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

yukito posted:

Guro needs to take a lesson from Gease Howard AND DIE FOREVER

You do realize that if you have a problem with it nobody is forcing you to read it, right?

You do realize that for some people, it's about pushing their beliefs onto others rather than living their own lives according to them?

Koveras
Kase-san discussion 09 Oct 15:20
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Inoue behaves kind of like Undyne from Undertale.

What have you done. Now I cannot read her interactions with Yamada without hearing "Spear of Justice" in my head. :-(

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

^ Pretty much this. As anyone who had to go through it can attest, the death of a loved one does feel like being physically disemboweled, so at least that visual metaphor is on the spot. Not sure what the whole rape part was about, except maybe that the two actually had sex but because of Sae's condition, neither actually (physically) enjoyed it.

last edited at Oct 9, 2016 9:31AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Ruequi posted:

This is totally Nanoha and Fate. Lel. Made my day. Haa.

Now I can't see it any other way!

Indeed... Cannot be unseen. Darn it.

Makes sense that Nanoha would know a thing or two about cakes, with her family background. >__>

Koveras
Beloved L discussion 09 Oct 03:23
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

She is a human too, just because she is a doctor doesn't mean she will behave like a saint with infinite wisdom...

Besides, she is an ophthalmologist, not a psychiatrist specialized in treating self-harming teens.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Amnesia tag has been created, after all. The consensus is that is to be used for works where loss of memory forms part of the core premise (which covers all of the current examples, anyway).

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Michan posted:

Joke tags are essential to ensure the site functions properly.

My Hand Holding tag was rejected though.

Hand holding is not to be joked with. it's srs bsns.

We already have the NSFW tag for such lewdness.

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Nezchan posted:

So, about that Amnesia tag... I am still uncertain who exactly has the authority to create new tags on this site.

All staff members can create tags. The amnesia seems like it might be a bit too spoiler-y though.

All the amnesia stuff to date that I'm aware of has the amnesia up-front, rather than as a twist. I can see cases where it would be, but they seem to be uncommon.

Easy solution would be tagging only stuff that has amnesia as the main premise then.

As Nez said, that would cover all of the examples brought up here thus far.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The second panel on page 8 gave me the Feels. -__- You were not "created", Fate, you were born, just like any other person. The fact that Fate doesn't seem to be in the least fazed by stuff like this is both awe-inspiring and depressing AF.

Also, I love it when fan fiction remembers that Nanoha is a hereditary baker by trade. :D

"Technically", she is a clone of another girl or a "test tube baby" So created and Born kinda are one in the same.
that said, it is still depressing that she is aware that she isn't a "Naturally born" being.

It's not so much the technical term used for her origin as the fact that her language seems to reveal a certain level of self-objectification. Her saying "when I was created" shows that at least some part of her still thinks "I am a thing", which is what is depressing here...

At the time this story would take place, she'd have been told exactly that by the main person she cared about for most of her life. Her mother wasn't exactly shy about calling her a creation, and a bad one at that.

Indeed. I wonder how many years it took for Lindy to "decondition" (so to speak) her after that.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The second panel on page 8 gave me the Feels. -__- You were not "created", Fate, you were born, just like any other person. The fact that Fate doesn't seem to be in the least fazed by stuff like this is both awe-inspiring and depressing AF.

Also, I love it when fan fiction remembers that Nanoha is a hereditary baker by trade. :D

"Technically", she is a clone of another girl or a "test tube baby" So created and Born kinda are one in the same.
that said, it is still depressing that she is aware that she isn't a "Naturally born" being.

It's not so much the technical term used for her origin as the fact that her language seems to reveal a certain level of self-objectification. Her saying "when I was created" shows that at least some part of her still thinks "I am a thing", which is what is depressing here...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Well.. now I wanna re-read other amnesia yuri, I'm pretty sure there's a few more right? ... someone hit me up if you can remember them, besides Blank I got that earlier in the thread.. there's no amnesia tag and now I wish there was just for this moment.

I've been campaigning for that tag's creation ever since the pilot chapter of this was uploaded, but to no avail. :-( I still don't quite get how there can exist one-shot tags like Het on page whatever, yet no tag for an important story trope like Amnesia.

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 5:12PM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, about that Amnesia tag... I am still uncertain who exactly has the authority to create new tags on this site.

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 11:22AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 12:47PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Minutoh posted:

Ah, another one of those "doing sexual things to gain power!!" kinda things.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't it at all. It looks like they have to touch things to impart their power on it and their power is stated to stem from the heart so it makes sense that that's where you'd place your own power.

That's my impression, actually, too. Remember, they were originally supposed to be paired with some "veterans", so I don't think the whole procedure is meant to be sexually arousing. It's just that in this particular match-up, both parties were suppressing romantic and sexual feelings for each other, so things got weird instead.

Man, Ogino Jun really loves battle lesbians

Who doesn't? >__>

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

And damn girl, that kiss on her hand, very charming, much swoon

Ibuki used Old School Gallantry... It's super effective! :D

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This continues to be great. I'm really grateful for the translation. I found this by chance, and now I check back pretty often just hoping to find the next chapter! Been a while since i was so invested in something currently running.

You know, you can subscribe in it to receive the news in your email. It's pretty useful and convenient. ^^

It took me a while to find the Subscribe function myself, so here is a quick primer for the newcomers' sake: while on the series' page (not individual chapters, that won't work!), click on the "bullet list" button just to the left of your nickname in the top-right corner of the page. A dropdown menu should appear, with the option "Subscribed" at the bottom, which you should then click on. To make sure that the process was completed properly, open the "Lists" tab in the top navigation bar and check under "Subscribed".

last edited at Sep 22, 2016 2:32PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I hope he does the Yuri good this time, instead of... developed off-screen in a time-skip...
Also hoping for no time-skip to solve the final arc, cuz that was pretty weak.

Didn't that happen because Gamma was almost axed towards the end? If this is indeed a one-shot, the pacing should be more predictable. :-) Anyhow, really happy to see another story from the guy.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, the slaves, by triggering their own revolution, just took over the government from the monarchy, and enslaved their former owners.

My, yes.

Isn't it funny how in the end, Selene basically succeeds where her father has repeatedly failed, and does so by making love, not war (well, insofar as you count mild food poisoning as an act of war)?

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I was wondering whether a new tag could be made for Amnesia?

That's a pretty good idea for a new tag. It's certainly one to think about. Can you think of any other examples?

No, those three I linked are the only ones I've found on this site so far. :-(

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

God this manga and the comments are the ultimate way to get depressed.
Though I do really enjoy the manga :)

Strange. I found each new chapter more and more cathartic than depressing. The first one was extremely dark, but I realize now that it was necessary to make the story of the author-protagonist regaining a measure of control over her own life as impactful as it could possibly get.

Yeah I guess you're right... Though eventually in the end it's not that depressing, it's just the fact that so many people here have experienced all kinds of stuff said in the manga and it's kind of... [snip] And apparently lots of people here experience that heavy shet....

That is true, and I think that it is why this manga resonated with so many readers. The author really lays bare the biggest malaises of her generation in a way I don't remember anyone else putting it, and in doing so, shows all of us (and herself, hopefully) that a) we're not alone in going through this stuff, b) it's alright to talk about it, and c) that dragon can be beaten. That's why I think this manga is not depressing at all (post chapter one).

last edited at Sep 19, 2016 2:38AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

God this manga and the comments are the ultimate way to get depressed.
Though I do really enjoy the manga :)

Strange. I found each new chapter more and more cathartic than depressing. The first one was extremely dark, but I realize now that it was necessary to make the story of the author-protagonist regaining a measure of control over her own life as impactful as it could possibly get.

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I was wondering whether a new tag could be made for Amnesia? There are several stories on this site that have it as a plot point:

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/watashi_no_taisetsu_na_tomodachi
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/bright_and_cheery_amnesia
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/blank
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/blank_continued

last edited at Sep 16, 2016 2:19PM

Koveras
Love DNA XX discussion 12 Sep 02:35
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

If you're interested by the otokoyaku, the shōjo et cætera, you can easily find information about it in virtually all scientific studies of the shōjo/yuri manga, and a little in yaoi manga (where the bishōnen archetype is inspired by the otokoyaku too), many of them are freely readable on the internet.
But this one is a good start, I think : https://webspace.yale.edu/anth254/restricted/AE_1992_19-3_Robertson.pdf

That was a very interesting read, thank you. What would you recommend to read if one wanted to know more specifically about the studies of "shoujo yuri" you have described? Also would you know about any actual academic analysis of Simoun? A friend of mine wanted to write a larger paper, maybe even a book on it, but has disappeared of my radar long ago. :-(

last edited at May 28, 2017 10:34AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"Lyrical Seira"... I wonder what that movie is about. XD

Still denser than a neutron star

You got me with a physics joke. hats off

last edited at Sep 9, 2016 4:29PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I wouldn't go so far as to call everyone on the forums broken... ^^

It's just an impression I got from reading through the comments in this thread. I only recall a single person here claiming they don't have any broken parts in their head. :D