Forum › Posts by EvilDevil

EvilDevil
Lily Love discussion 18 Feb 10:33
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

If you think their names are weird. Goggle "Horrible Histories -Victorians names"

EvilDevil
yuricycle 16 Feb 11:23
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Lion-Reo as logo of the bicycle club
neat

last edited at Feb 16, 2015 11:24AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Some anons over at /vg/ translated the Valentine's mini-drama from each subunit.
Just keep in mind that one is suppose to pretend to be a guy in the role play.

Printemps- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCplNqlfdmo
BiBi- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rohn8y_3vWs
lily white- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktw2zXjUPyQ

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

shinfansub asking for help

http://boards.4chan.org/u/thread/1601674/things-you-want-translated#p1687201

"Long story short, my guys are either too busy or too beat up to typeset this doujin. I want an experienced TS'er to help me finish this Aikatsu doujin. I will also ask you to help me assist in translating these lewd sound effects."

EvilDevil
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I saw some errors. pg 167 says "thing" instead of "think".
pg 175 says "be" instead of "me"
pg 178 "understand t's true significance" there is an "i" missing in "it'
pg 179 "see thing" instead of "see things"

last edited at Feb 13, 2015 11:55PM

EvilDevil
Image Comments 13 Feb 21:50
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
5521a464d351084d3dd9ae8ced1033f4

homu will have to give double the chocolates to madoka during white day.

EvilDevil
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I just uploaded a kancolle pixiv comic, I think you have to read the text from left to right but I didnt mention it in the uploading box.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I always wondered how gay couples chose their last names when it comes to marriage. too late to change it nico.

EvilDevil
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Can't Be Helped: The Manga

EvilDevil
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

did they use small scans? it was hard for me to read with the small resolution.

EvilDevil
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Fav'd. (Can't be helped)

I think 'can't be helped' sums up a lot of the Japanese mentality.

I agree.

EvilDevil
Lily Love discussion 12 Feb 22:07
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

let me explain this. If you travel to Japan or Korea..you will see some people covered their mouth with mask when they are ill right? It means they didnt want to spread their virus to other human. That person care about other person well being.

I think different cultures have a different concept when it comes to individual freedoms vs social responsibility. depending the types of mechanisms society uses to reinforce collective well being, it may seem odd, sometimes it can be off putting for those unfamiliar with the setting of the society, without the proper context it does sound weird or sexist for those unfamiliar.

EvilDevil
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

pg 20, "mae" instead of "make".

EvilDevil
Yurihouse is dead 11 Feb 22:22
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Nothing's going to happen to us.

Nothing is happening with us, there is no us.

I've always wondered about that.

no yuri borg?

EvilDevil
Yurihouse is dead 11 Feb 09:42
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

IRC?

hell nah. I hate using IRC.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

oh great the links are gone XD but still thanx for the rough translation I appreciate it :)

so does this mean no more updates every monday??

As far as I know, we're still working on FF. However, I think I would personally stick with keeping our work-in-progress (raws, translations) on /u/ or some other domain. Having our work interrupted in this manner has made me a little skeptical about posting here.

dont give up, and keep the good work!

EvilDevil
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Yeah, that's why I didn't buy anything from them after volume 1. Hey, it's not the worst I've seen. GEN Manga does some pretty horrendous stuff to Ajiichi's work. There's nothing quite like paying money for destroyed linework:

that is horrible...

EvilDevil
Yurihouse is dead 11 Feb 01:36
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

this is pretty much their message

"We chose not to pay for it, it's ded for the foreseeable future. Domain is safe, though, just no server running."

EvilDevil
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Warning to those who are about to buy Whispered Words (Sasameki Koto) v3 by One Peace Books.

https://twitter.com/ptjtsubasa/status/564769035569856513

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

how does nagisa feels about this? we need a sequel

EvilDevil
Lily Love discussion 09 Feb 00:06
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Slowly but surely, all of Asia will be yurified. Just as planned.

Just Asia? Think BIGGER!

https://danbooru.donmai.us/data/c63b64410c568d9e607a6219c885ba10.jpg

last edited at Feb 9, 2015 12:08AM

EvilDevil
Lily Love discussion 09 Feb 00:01
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I feel like the engrish is either strong with this or it's good art and bad story... maybe both?

maybe it is a case of beautiful sentence in thai but awkward translation sounding in english? I remember reading how difficult it is to translate Shakespeare in Chinese because certain wordings dont have the same equivalent in english so it sounds weird or try an approximation of it.

EvilDevil
Lily Love discussion 08 Feb 23:06
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Most countries in Asia are conservative. So smoking is viewed as bad behavior,along with cursing, speaking what's on your mind and cleavage exposure.

But anyway, so far so good. Nicely drawn. We'll see if the plot is good as well.

That doesnt make sense to me. I think of conservatives as the ones ok with smoking in the US due to big business. Socially, i dont think either side really promotes or denounces cigarettes. But that might just be another difference between countries.

conservative values differ in different places.

EvilDevil
Lily Love discussion 08 Feb 23:05
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

This trend of yuri coming in from different countries is really encouraging. It feels like a new dawn is breaking.

Kudos to the translators! Some kinda harsh comments here, but it's a good first effort. I look forward to seeing more.

But we had yuri from Thailand a while back in fact. The no text Sono Hanabira doujins were Thai.

It would be great if people could share the name of the yuri artists they are aware of from their country.
Seems like all the goodness come from Asia.

Waiting for the day Western artists will get into it.
(I barely like the European/American's way of drawing comics tho......)

isnt cross heart a spanish yuri?

EvilDevil
Lily Love discussion 08 Feb 21:44
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Why "kinda strange" ?

And in Thailand is already 6th ;)

edit: about img size - it's our first time to upload here so we didn't know if it's better to resize them or to leave them in original HD version. I will resize them and talk to uploader to switch them for smaller.

there are three types of people when it comes to sizes: purists who prefer to retain the original size from the author. those who prefer bigger sizes because they think bigger is better or they are nearsighted, and those who prefer smaller sizes because of convenience. it should be up to the scanner/translator to decide what's best.