Forum › Posts by kittey

joined Sep 5, 2018

Eyyy who knows is this manga actually yuri or just subtext? Like there is actual developmemt and at least kiss to confirm the yuri

I think the question is more like, will there ever be anything remotely close to a stable relationship between any of the girls, or will there only be random yuri fanservice for comedy with varying character combinations that never leads anywhere?

Since there’s not even a hint at an official couple yet, my guess is that it’s either the second option (boo, hiss) or the author actually hasn’t decided yet and Anna will end up with whoever comes up at the top of the character popularity polls after all the other characters had their chances to make their moves on her.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Is there any romance yuri recommendations? I don't mind if it's a doujin, one-shote, or series. But I'm not a fan of angst or NTR.

My recommendations. If that’s too much for you, just choose by the tags. No NTR there, skip the ones tagged Aaaaaangst.

joined Sep 5, 2018

They're in the Tokyo area. Says so on the app Rena pulls up on page 15. 東京都 ネイル. Also, two of the ads mention specific neighborhoods, which are both in western wards of Tokyo City (Suginami and Setagaya). If you assume the app tracks the user's location and prioritizes ads that are nearby, then they're probably somewhere in the Western part of the former Tokyo City area.

If they live in Setagaya, I wonder if the (token-gesture) same-sex partnership certificates will come up along with any marriage talk.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Can anyone recommend something like Tankobu? Like similar character dynamics, similar relationship between the MCs etc.

Fusoroi no Renri? Maybe not the main couple, but the side couple definitely fits.

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 8:31PM

joined Sep 5, 2018

I wonder if her family can't afford a basic prosthetic.

The author seems to have several alternate universe versions of these characters that sometimes have all limbs and sometimes don’t, but have a look here anyway.

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 10:24AM

joined Sep 5, 2018

So when does Mari say “no” but Arisa ignores her?

On the first page of chapter 39, Mari refuses her, and while meeting with her friend on the following pages, Arisa imagines various interpretation how that refusal actually means “go ahead” one way or another. On page 9 Mari says she doesn’t have the confidence to take her clothes off, which could reasonably be interpreted as that she doesn’t want her clothes off at all at the moment, but Arisa immediately concludes that it’s okay for her to take Mari’s clothes off.

Edit: Missed an at the moment there.

last edited at Nov 12, 2019 9:32AM

joined Sep 5, 2018

Arisa, did you draw the “stereotypical guy” card that gives you the “‘no’ means ‘press harder’” trait? I think you should discard that one ASAP and draw a better one.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Btw, the chapter numbering on Dynasty is wrong for several chapters. Since the magazine chapters don’t mention the chapter number anywhere, I guess nobody noticed that what’s 26 on here was released as 25.5 on Comic Walker. Thus, all chapters from 27 are off by one:

Dynasty → Comic Walker
26 → 25.5
27 → 26

32 → 31 (latest free chapter on Comic Walker)

34 → 33 (guessed)

joined Sep 5, 2018

No, the world in this series obviously has heterosexual relationships but I can’t remember any instance of same-sex relationships being treated as anything out of the ordinary. That’s the kind of utopian world I like. :D

Isn't it kinda the norm in yuri at this point? I mean, one recurring criticism against yuri is that it doesn't tackle issues like homophobia.

I agree that external homophobia is rarely tackled in yuri, i.e., discrimination by other characters. However, internalized homophobia is pretty common, sometimes also referred to as gayngst. Whenever a girl thinks or says “falling in love with a girl is strange” or “two girls can’t go out”, it’s pretty obvious that she’s living in a society where homophobia is prevalent and she accepted these messages as truth.

I think that most yuri avoids homophobia (by others) simply by avoiding situations in which it would be expected: lesbian utopias with no males and only lesbian relationships, or not bringing up same-sex relationships with other characters, either by the main characters keeping their relationship secret or simply having no or few interaction with other characters in one-shots or series with few characters, so there’s little chance for homophobia to pop up.

But not in this series. Even though it’s not a lesbian utopia, the main characters openly talk to their friends about their (potential) relationship, where some kind of negative reactions or at least hesitation or surprise would be expected in a homophobic society, but neither they themselves nor anyone else minds the same-sex attraction and they treat it like nothing out of the ordinary.

last edited at Nov 6, 2019 8:56AM

joined Sep 5, 2018

To me there's no point differentiating between homosexuality, bisexuality and heterosexuality, because the way homosexual/bisexual people experience love is normal. There's no need to single out every single way we can experience falling in love and giving them different names, because everyone falls in love differently so there's infinite ways to experience love. Acting as if all those experiences are so fundamentally different from each other, that they need their own labels, is only going to make people more separate and alienated from each other, when in fact all those ways to fall in love are in the end perfectly normal. Sure not everyone's experience will be the same and you might share it only with small portion of people, but that's true for everything and there's nothing wrong with that. We all are different and different things will be natural for different people.

Exploitable PSA by Nevri. :D (Everything above after the first sentence is a direct copy and still fits.)

Getting back on-topic, this reminded me of why I like this series: not just because of the slow-burn romance, but also because there’s no angst about same-sex relationships and it’s not an unrealistic yuritopia with only lesbian relationships either. No, the world in this series obviously has heterosexual relationships but I can’t remember any instance of same-sex relationships being treated as anything out of the ordinary. That’s the kind of utopian world I like. :D

joined Sep 5, 2018

Demi-sexuals on the other hand simply never are attracted to people they just met so they don’t have to choose not to do anything.

Isn't that being aromantic ?

No. Aromantic people never feel romantic attraction for anyone, no matter how well they bond.

“Demi-romantic” means “partly romantic, partly aromantic” and during the aromantic phases, they’re often pretty much indistinguishable from fully aromantic people, which is why demi-romantics/-sexuals are part of the aro/ace community.

I don't know but to me that feel like peoples search to describe themself to feel unique.

Yeah, that’s a not-so-rare prejudice against demis. See also here… and actually the whole site, while you’re at it. Their information on demisexuality is better and more comprehensive than what I could write here.

last edited at Oct 30, 2019 11:51AM

joined Sep 5, 2018

What about threequarter-romantic then ? Either you're in love or you're not but you can't be inbetween.

Demi-romance(/-sexuality) isn’t about being in love or not being in love. It’s about being able to fall in love/feeling sexual attraction because your personal bonding requirement is fulfilled… and having zero romantic/sexual interest in anyone at all if the requirement is not fulfilled, possibly for long periods of time. It’s not uncommon for demis to not be interested in anyone for years, sometimes even over ten years or maybe even longer. Since demi-sexuality is probably easier to explain than demi-romance: Most people apparently sometimes consider other people they just met, including random passersby on the street, as sexually attractive but choose not to do anything sexual with those people for various reasons: maybe they’re not into casual sex and prefer to have a stable relationship first, or maybe they are already in a relationship and are faithful to their partner. Demi-sexuals on the other hand simply never are attracted to people they just met so they don’t have to choose not to do anything.

Not all of the above has to be true for all demis but it’s commonly mentioned. For example, it’s also possible for a demi to always be attracted to someone if their circle of friends/acquaintances is large enough and several people fulfil the strong emotional bond requirement. Since the strong bond is required but not sufficient, they’re not attracted to all of those people at the same time, though, or even at all. Probably.

Of course there are people who can't fall in love at first sight neither in a short amount of time but feel a strong bond with someone but isn't that what you call a friend ?

Friendship can be a strong bond and I’d guess it’s the most common way for demi-romantics/-sexuals to start a relationship, but it’s not the only option.

Maybe it’s a colleague who you often work together with and you realize you approach problems from the same angle and cooperate well and during coffee breaks you have a common interest to talk about. You might not consider each other friends, but it can certainly be a strong bond.

Or maybe it’s someone from your sports club who you meet regularly and get along with well.

Or maybe that person on the train you’ve been seeing every morning for the past year who often reads the same books you do, often buys the same new releases you do and when they read a book you don’t know yet, you buy it too and realize you like it too. You haven’t even talked once, but you might still feel a strong bond with that person over a shared interest.

Eh, I’m rating. It ’s kinda hard to explain and most people don’t seen to get what demi-romance/-sexuality is about. Or maybe I’m just explaining it badly. I’m just glad that my family mostly stopped asking about my lack of relationship and chose to bother my younger siblings in relationships about marriage and kids instead.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Who in their sane mind leaves a little kid with a woman who owns games about raping and confining little kids?

Depends on if said woman can tell the difference between 2D and 3D. That’s what makes the difference between a lolicon and a child predator. 2D: yes. 3D: no.

kittey
Mimi Mix! discussion 17 Oct 19:46
joined Sep 5, 2018

And Im pretty sure your wrong about their being more neko mimi of the single pair type. I've been watching anime and reading manga over 30 years and can think of almost no examples of ears atop the head and NO side ears.

From the top of my head: Konohana Kitan, Granblue Fantasy, Spice and Wolf, Dog Days, Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki, Centaur’s Life/Worries and Negima. Touhou zig-zags it with almost all characters having just one pair of ears but Orin having two.

Like Nev said most of the time they cover up the human ears with hair but they still have them. If you actually showed just smooth skin where ears should be it would be super creepy and weird and I dont recall ever seeing it.

Centaur’s Life/Worries plays it completely straight and hairstyles without bangs show that most characters just have hair growing where “side ears” would be. After reading a few volumes, you’ll get used to it and “missing ears” will be the least of your concerns, considering everything else in that series.

last edited at Oct 17, 2019 10:02PM

joined Sep 5, 2018

Many people seem to consider hugging and cuddling to be just foreplay for having sex and might even eschew it completely, but hugging and cuddling are usually way better for building intimacy, so I’m really happy to see some super intimate hugging and cuddling featured so strongly. :D

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

The remaining couple tags.

One of the existing tags has a wrong name. Kanade should be Kanae. orz
I kept using Kanade because that’s what the tag is right now, but the tag should be fixed at some point.

From White Rose’s list of suggested couple tags, I didn’t tag Kaoru x Mask yet.

Currently missing couple tags used below: Hibiki x Midori

Volume 6
71 - Mari x Yuu - That’s not the One!
72 - Hibiki x Midori - Halloween War
73 - - She’s Her Usual Self, Probably
74 - Ayano x Miyoshi - The Clamping Duel
75 - Mahiro x Mahiru Mari x Yuu - Christmas with a Spoiled Princess (Part 1)
76 - Hibiki x Midori Mahiro x Mahiru Mari x Yuu - Christmas with a Spoiled Princess (Part 2) / Hibiki-san’s Christmas
77 - Nononon x Yumimi - The Contest for the “Happy New Year” Trophy
78 - - The Yamada Sisters on New Year’s Day
79 - Ai x Chie Ayano x Miyoshi - Miyoshi Reminisces / Sick Bed Visit (Part 1)
80 - Ai x Chie - Sick Bed Visit (Part 2)
81 - - Senpai’s Birthday
82 - Mahiro x Mahiru - Nao’s Tardiness / The Cherry Trees Are Blossoming
83 - Elisha x Honoka Kaoru x Shizuka Mio x Shizuka - Honoka’s Makeover / Sunset of Memories
0 - Ai x Chie Airi x Michiru Ayano x Miyoshi

Volume 7
84 - Ayano x Miyoshi Haruka x Kanade - Dynamite Bra / Buying a Reward
85 - Mio x Shizuka Kaoru x Shizuka - I Dreamt of You
86 - Hibiki x Midori Mari x Yuu - She Won’t Leave Me Alone! / Sunset Sprint
87 - Mahiro x Mahiru - MahiMahi’s Debut
88 - Airi x Michiru Ayano x Miyoshi - Ayano and Airi Tangled up
89 - Ayano x Miyoshi Haruka x Kanade - Nanasawa-san Forgot Her Umbrella / Miyoshi Forgot Her Umbrella, Too
90 - Ai x Chie Elisha x Honoka - Elisha Can’t See / Chie’s Pitch
91 - Hibiki x Midori Mahiro x Mahiru - Midoriri’s Summer / Nao-chan’s Summer / MahiMahi’s Summer
92 - Mari x Yuu - Yuu’s Sprained Ankle
93 - Ai x Chie Ed x Ian Elisha x Honoka
94 - Mahiro x Mahiru
95 - Ed x Ian Elisha x Honoka
96 - Nononon x Yumimi

Volume 8
97 - Kaoru x Shizuka Mari x Yuu
98 - Kaoru x Shizuka
99 - Ai x Chie Airi x Michiru Ayano x Miyoshi Haruka x Kanade
100 - Ayano x Miyoshi
101 - Ai x Chie
102 - Mahiro x Mahiru
103 - Mari x Yuu
104 - Ayano x Miyoshi
105 - Airi x Michiru
106 - Ayano x Miyoshi Haruka x Kanade
107 - Kaoru x Shizuka Mio x Shizuka
108 - Elisha x Honoka Hibiki x Midori
108.5 -
109 - Nononon x Yumimi

Volume 9
110 -
111 - Mari x Yuu
112 - Hibiki x Midori Mahiro x Mahiru Mari x Yuu Nononon x Yumimi
113 -
114 - Ai x Chie Mahiro x Mahiru Mari x Yuu
115 - Ai x Chie
116 - Haruka x Kanade
117 - Mio x Shizuka
118 - Ed x Ian Elisha x Honoka Mahiro x Mahiru
119 - Ai x Chie Hibiki x Midori
120 - Airi x Michiru
121 - Ayano x Miyoshi Elisha x Honoka
122 - Mahiro x Mahiru Mari x Yuu

Edit: Added Hibiki x Midori.

last edited at Oct 15, 2019 2:27PM

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Hello, does anyone know any yuri manga (SFW or mostly SFW preferably) that has a character like Yuu Koito from BIY, as in, a character who doesn't really understand or feel romance until her future gf comes into the picture?

Even When a Stray Lamb is Weary
Whispering You a Love Song gets compared to BIY a lot, but it’s currently running, so you probably know about it already.

A personal favorite of mine is I Hate Things Like Love, but that has a character who doesn’t understand romance even though her future girlfriend is already in the picture.

Yuri oneshots with romance feels and a bit of nsfw? Gimme all of those pls XD

Hop Step Leap! (Mitsu)
Good Morning, Good Night (MakiNico)
Even When a Stray Lamb is Weary

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 3:01PM

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Those will be added tomorrow since the additions themselves do take a bit of time. I claim Volume 4, since that's where I'm at in the story right now.

Since you’re currently reading it from from beginning to end, I went for the other end this time.

Currently missing couple tags used below:
Hibiki x Midori

Volume 10
123 -
124 - Ai x Chie
125 - Elisha x Honoka
126 - Airi x Michiru Mio x Shizuka
127 - Haruka x Kanade
128 - Hibiki x Midori
129 - Ai x Chie Ed x Ian
130 - Ai x Chie Airi x Michiru Ayano x Miyoshi Mahiro x Mahiru
131 - Mari x Yuu
132 - Elisha x Honoka
133 - Ed x Ian Kaoru x Shizuka Mio x Shizuka
134 - Mahiro x Mahiru Mari x Yuu

Volume 11
135 - Ayano x Miyoshi
136 - Ai x Chie Haruka x Kanade
137 - Ai x Chie Airi x Michiru Ayano x Miyoshi Elisha x Honoka
138 - Mio x Shizuka Mahiro x Mahiru
139 - Mari x Yuu
140 - Ai x Chie
141 - Airi x Michiru
142 - Elisha x Honoka
143 - Kaoru x Shizuka Mio x Shizuka
144 - Ai x Chie Mahiro x Mahiru
145 - Ed x Ian Hibiki x Midori
146 - Nononon x Yumimi

Volume 12
147 -
148 - Mahiro x Mahiru Mari x Yuu
149 - Ai x Chie
150 - Nao x Onibi
151 - Mariri x Mayuyu
152 - Airi x Michiru
153 - Mio x Shizuka
154 - Mio x Shizuka
155 - Ayano x Miyoshi Haruka x Kanade Hibiki x Midori
156 -
157 - Ai x Chie Ed x Ian Elisha x Honoka Nao x Onibi

Volume 13
158 - Ai x Chie Airi x Michiru Ayano x Miyoshi Elisha x Honoka Haruka x Kanade

Edit: Added Hibiki x Midori.

last edited at Oct 15, 2019 2:29PM

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

We gotta start somewhere, so here are the couple tags (and missing chapter names) for volumes 2 and 3.

Currently missing couple tags used below: Elisha x Honoka Kaoru x Shizuka Nononon x Yumimi

Volume 2
13 - Airi x Michiru - Airi’s Smiles and Tears 2011 / Onoda-san Has Only One Wish / A Honoka-like Start of the New Year
14 - Mahiro x Mahiru Mio x Shizuka - Mahiro’s and Mahiru’s Mistletoe Legend / The Jealous Ichinose
15 - Ai x Chie - The Members of the Debate Club are Talking about Tattoos / Ai is a Member of the Track-and-Field Club
16 - Ayano x Miyoshi Mari x Yuu - The Super-S Yuu’s Magnificent Band-aids / And Now Some Panty Questions for Ms. Miyoshi
17 - Elisha x Honoka - Elisha, the Alabama Girl!
18 - Airi x Michiru - Airi and the Cat / Onoda-san and the Cat
19 - Mahiro x Mahiru - Mahiru and Mahiro’s Wonderful Dream / Mahiru and Mahiro’s Cloudless Sky
20 - - The Perverted Honors Student Nao
21 - Ai x Chie Ayano x Miyoshi - The Great Towel Operation / The Theater of Delusions: The Soga no Iruka Part
22 - Elisha x Honoka - Honoka’s Shell Is Broken
23 - Nononon x Yumimi - You’re Too Much, Senpai
24 - Ai x Chie - Let’s All Go to the Sea! #1 A-chan Is Buying a Swimsuit
25 - Ai x Chie Ayano x Miyoshi - Let’s All Go to the Sea! #2 Miyoshi, the Limited and Reckless Express
26 - Airi x Michiru - Let’s All Go to the Sea! #3 Airi, the Maniac
27 - - Let’s All Go to the Sea! #4 Onoda-san’s Summer
28 - Ai x Chie Airi x Michiru Ayano x Miyoshi - Let’s All Go to the Sea! #5 The Review Part
29 - Ayano x Miyoshi Mari x Yuu - Everybody’s Halloween! / Mari and Yuu’s Halloween

Volume 3
30 - Mio x Shizuka - Ears, the Final Mystery / Test-Writing with a Pounding Heart
31 - Mahiro x Mahiru - Animal Costumes
32 - Ayano x Miyoshi Elisha x Honoka - We’re Friends After All / Japanese-American Drawing Competition
33 - Ai x Chie Mari x Yuu - Retribution or Reward for a Side Glance / Chie with Her Hair Down
34 - Ai x Chie - Christmas at Miyoshi’s Place
35 - Mahiro x Mahiru Mari x Yuu - SM, Meet the Twins at the New Year’s Shrine Visit
36 - Ai x Chie - The Christmas Promise
37 - Ai x Chie - Chie Comes Over for a Visit
38 - Ayano x Miyoshi Nononon x Yumimi - Don't Mind, Be Happy! / Miyoshi’s Music School
39 - Elisha x Honoka Mio x Shizuka - Lost Sheep - One-Sided Love Out of Control / Elisha Is Pushing for the Opening of the Country
40 - Mio x Shizuka - Lost Sheep - One-Sided Love - The Confession
41 - Ai x Chie Airi x Michiru - High School Girls Enjoy Cherry-Blossom Viewing and Spring
42 - Kaoru x Shizuka - A Perverted Maiden at Dusk / Yamada Kaoru Is a High School Student with a Sense of Beauty that Surpasses even that of Her Classmate Asami Shizuka
43 - Mahiro x Mahiru Mari x Yuu - Twins of Fear / Family Restaurant SM (Part 1)
44 - Mari x Yuu - Family Restaurant SM (continued)

More tomorrow, maybe. Anyone else is welcome to help out too.

Edit: Fixed titles of chapters 16, 19, 26, 39-43.

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 10:10AM

joined Sep 5, 2018

Yeah, I've read the raws and it's really just friendship in the end.
Man, i wish author went full lillies.

The complete thing is already out in some languages and I was told the ending like ages ago somewhere.
It's a shame indeed. Sometimes friendship is the only ship that can cross the sea.

I think you guys didn’t catch the significance of the last panel of the last chapter. There’s also two bonus pages to make that point absolutely clear. It’s left to the reader to connect the dots, though.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

I think these are all the pairings:
Mahi x Mahi
Ai x Chie
Nononon x Yumimi
Honoka x Elisha
Michiru x Airi
Kanae x Haruka
Mari x Yuu
Miyoshi x Ayano
Onibi x Nao
Shizuka x Mio
Midori x Hibiki
Mask x Kaoru
Mayuyu x Mariri

Almost all of us are here for the yuri, but to be fair, Ed x Ian should also be on that list.
Actually, weren’t they the first couple officially going out (chapter 57)? Even the MahiMahi couple was only introduced as “super duper friends”…

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Chalk?

Sweaty hands make it harder to hold onto the holds, so chalk is used to keep your hands dry. If you watch some climbing videos on Youtube, you’ll see it all the time.

It doesn’t really matter with beginner holds like the almost cup-like ones Tsugumi used in chapter 1 and you can also do the intermediate ones just fine without chalk, but dry hands are important for the harder holds, like the ones that are more like little bumps that no sane person would actually attempt to hold onto.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Please can someone give me a realistic yuri manga recommendation. i want to keep the term 'realistic' to be as wide as possible like the realistic conversation, realistic conflict, based on real story, realistic plot, etc. but still enough to make the overall manga content can be called realistic to describe it. thank you

Husky and Medley is based on a real story. One of the two real persons has a Twitter account where she posts every year on their anniversary and some other tidbits, such as their engagement notice.

So, Do You Want to Go Out, or? and Still Sick, in case you haven’t seen them yet, could be considered “realistic” in that the characters’ problems and how they handle them seem more realistic than in most other series.

Edit: Also Edible Flowers.

last edited at Sep 17, 2019 8:19PM

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Oh I am so glad to see some progress with Mariri and Sempai.

Shouldn't the progress rather be with Yumimi?

The potential couples in the debating club are:
- 1st year Mariri and her 2nd year sempai Mayuyu (chapter 151)
- 2nd year Yumimi and her 3rd year sempai Nononon (chapters 23, 38, 54, 64, 77, 96, 109, 146)

Too many sempai…

last edited at Sep 15, 2019 5:57PM

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Aira said:
I think bouldering… is a good way to lose weight…

No, it’s not… It’s a good way to lose fat, but you’ll end up gaining the same amount of weight in muscles. The result is pretty good, but if you only worship the scales, you’ll end up disappointed.

Nya-chan said:
And most of all, in climbing, there are ropes.

If they stick to bouldering, no, there aren’t.