Forum › Posts by moguTL

moguTL
New Game discussion 13 Sep 11:07
joined May 23, 2015

You're forgetting that if Momo fails, she can try again... If Naru fails she have to work somewhere else no matter what, is hard to enjoy yourself like that, only now we will see if her dream is only to support whatever Momo does or actually making games with her

I would think that in a case like that you would want to work earnestly and work hard, showing your best on all fronts, not bet it all on a single one at the expense of everything else. Especially since you have no idea how they are actually weighing each aspect of your work in their evaluation.

So it was still pretty bad judgment on her part.

moguTL
New Game discussion 13 Sep 10:34
joined May 23, 2015

Is not about that, is about her married life with Momo who stays naked all the time if you leave her be, I would be afraid too! but in being more serious, try doing a job that you dislike/hate for the rest of your life just because it's simply there... I mean, who cares about happiness as long as you get paid, right?

And yet, she hasn't seemed to enjoy any of her work at the company up to this point, either. Momo even questioned her about it. And even when directly asked if she had any fun making the game, she immediately changes the topic.

Again, she has shown no real goals beyond "make games with Momo", which sounds like a naive high school girl whose entire choice of college is "the same one my boyfriend is going to". And is so determined to go to that same college, she's willing to get disowned by her family for it.

And then, even when Momo joined into her game making process, she only resented Momo for it...

So I honestly don't know what she, herself wants.

moguTL
New Game discussion 13 Sep 07:36
joined May 23, 2015

Well at the current point, there wasn't really anything to tell until she heard back from Christina about whether or not what she wanted would even be possible.

And she's not the most social of people, so she's not one to just go and talk about hopes and dreams.

moguTL
New Game discussion 13 Sep 06:25
joined May 23, 2015

I wouldn't really say you're at fault; I've long since stated I'm not continuing the discussion any further (as it wasn't really even a discussion), and outside of that single instance have completely ignored all his posts since. So if they want to start attacking random other forum members on their apparent personal quest to insult me and demand more responses, that's entirely on them.

last edited at Sep 13, 2017 6:54AM

moguTL
New Game discussion 13 Sep 04:47
joined May 23, 2015

He has stated that no matter what happens, she will continue to appear in the series.

And it kind of does fit the running theme of people growing and finding new goals.

Check out Yagami's reaction when Aoba talks about things not being sad or lonely despite all her high school friends going separate ways and you can see it's been on her mind for a while.

As far as everything else goes, you'll have to wait for more specific details.

moguTL
New Game discussion 13 Sep 02:05
joined May 23, 2015

I wasn't even the person who said that. Why are you calling me out over it? If you're going to keep up that harassment, I am going to talk to a mod.

moguTL
New Game discussion 13 Sep 00:38
joined May 23, 2015

Honestly, the resolution for this arc seems really rushed and entirely too convenient. So many chapters were spent building up this drama, only for it to end with a sudden "everything's perfectly fine! In fact, there was never any problem in the first place!"

Previous drama arcs, despite only having a single chapter of buildup, still had more ambiguous endings. With the character design one ending with a compromise (and it being outright stated later that Aoba's designs were only accepted because Yagami gave up participating to support Aoba) and the key visual one ending on an explicitly negative note, they were presented in ways that made them believable in the story.

This... kind of breaks that. So much drama and buildup into such a perfectly convenient happy ending. Not to mention the actual method itself is completely lacking realism. How can you possibly bug fix code without doing any checking yourself? How will you know your solutiob worked? Or was even what was causing the problem? She got by entirely based on skill? Where in the story has she ever shown any skill while working there? Her submitted code is shown to be shoddy and barely working, having sacrificed everything for speed. And Umiko, shown to be a tough hard-ass, suddenly going completely soft like that? If it were a genuine mistake I could see that, but Naru made a conscious choice to do things that way.

This resolution just really doesn't seem internally consistent with anything built up so far in the story. Almost like the author wanted to build up a ton of tension and drama but then couldn't figure out how to resolve it all.

Still, good to finally move on.

last edited at Sep 13, 2017 12:39AM

moguTL
New Game discussion 12 Sep 23:53
joined May 23, 2015

They'll probably respond the same way they've responded to all other instances of individual lines undeniably proving them wrong: completely ignoring the existence of them and building up their own version of events conveniently excluding any reference to those lines.

moguTL
New Game discussion 12 Sep 23:04
joined May 23, 2015

In my defense, Naru has had basically no presence in the series so far after calming down, so I haven't really had a chance to get to like her yet.

last edited at Sep 12, 2017 11:06PM

moguTL
New Game discussion 12 Sep 22:04
joined May 23, 2015

With those chapters out I can finally say it.

Ha ha Naru's code is a buggy, barely-working piece of shit that even Nene can improve at a glance.

And hey, even Naru herself admits to having had a problem with her attitude.

moguTL
New Game discussion 12 Sep 12:48
joined May 23, 2015

To be fair, unless they forcefully include the Christmas and Valentine chapters, they won't have enough to fill out the remaining episodes.

And they can't modify the time scale, so they really gotta force it in.

At least they can kind of explain the present part with Kou acting weird as foreshadowing.

edit: Whatever you may think of the direct conflict, they did add a number of subtle things that showed Naru's attitude in other ways. Like ramping up the fight between her and Momo. Making the apology a more obvious insincere formality (based on the structure of the scene transition, they clearly meant that sigh to be directly connected to the apology.)

And certain lines of hers still come off as plenty arrogant.

last edited at Sep 12, 2017 1:08PM

moguTL
New Game discussion 12 Sep 09:55
joined May 23, 2015

If the next two chapters ever get released, we could be done with this story arc and get back to that!

I say, despite knowing the plot reveal that comes with the end of this arc.

moguTL
New Game discussion 12 Sep 05:33
joined May 23, 2015

It's pretty clear at this point that they either cannot, or simply refuse to, actually read anything, making them either a troll or an idiot.

So I am not going to continue it any further.

moguTL
New Game discussion 12 Sep 01:39
joined May 23, 2015

No you have not, the best you got is their difference in seniority. Umiko uses physical violence when more work is put on her team. Naru tells it like it is and all the sudden she is a huge bitch. Do you not see the conflict there?

The hell are you talking about? I barely even mentioned seniority. You're thinking of someone else entirely. I wrote an entire thing on the difference between their attitudes, but you clearly can't read.

What the hell are you talking about? The only thing I said about the project that shouldn't matter is how it is specifically designed, the type of game doesn't matter to the coder. What matters is speed and quality of the code, the actual game being played does not. How are you not getting this?

Then why does how many projects she finishes or how quickly she finishes them even matter, when she can clearly show exactly what was requested of her, when it was requested, and how quickly she coded it?

And that's exactly why she asked Hajime to take responsibility. But, again, that fact hasn't sunk into you yet. What is she suppose to do? Either ask Hajime to take responsibility for the delays or rat her out and use her as an excuse later. Either way you would find someway to be pissed off at her.

So she is asking Hajime to take responsibility for something... that she can already prove isn't he own fault? Why?

Come on, use some deductive reasoning for once. She clearly states that if she redoes the mini-game for the first set of changes she will miss the deadline. For the second changes she makes it clear that Hajime will have to take responsibility for the mini-game being late. Then she turns it in late, which is before Nene has to turn in her project, which was given an explicit 1 month deadline. Naru's project had a deadline before Nene's 1 month deadline, therefore her deadline was shorter than 1 month. Do you get it now?

Yeah, because there is still more work to do after that stage. Among other things, they need to get final approval from above, then actually insert it into the game. It is never specifically mentioned when the deadline is, or that she's already past it when she turns it in. She couldn't be past it yet, anyway, considering the terminology she used meaning the final shipping date for the whole product, and that there is still work being done on it.

And no, I highly doubt they are releasing the game less than a year after starting development. Either you are out of your mind or the author is.

I feel like it was mentioned this was a smaller project, but I can't remember specifically where. Maybe it was in the anime, which I can't check at this time.

A winter release date, literally means that it could release the next year. They barely announced the game and now they are coming up on the final dead line?

Less that 10 chapters since they even got the publisher to approve the alpha, now they are coming up on a dead line? They are not even in the all nighter phase of development, they are apparently still in the "dead lines dont mean much" pase.

Youre not even arguing with me at this point, esoecially considering that the volume ends with the game's release. But by all means, keep inseting your own assumptions instead of going by the series' own logic.

Apparently not since you can magically see it already animated since you already know her body language. I guess bowing is condescending in Japanese culture these days.

Again, arguing either side of this point any further is pointless when we could just wait to see how it gets animated today.

What's this? She's getting mad at Hazuki over a request for a feature change that she predicted and even suggested to Hazuki beforehand?

Or a problem with the change that will cause further delays, but I guess that wouldn't help your case.

"I want to add something to this part."
"I told you it would end up that way."

Yeah, I can clearly see how she is talking about future delays, and not past suggestions being ignored.

What's this? She's dragging Hazuki to the programmer booth to discuss changes?

You mean as she flicks her as punishment? Why would Umiko flick her if Umiko is suggesting the changes. Again, deductive reasoning isn't your strong suit.

Why the hell would she need to go to the effortof dragging Hazuki all the way to the programmer booth just for a flick? She could do that anywhere. Especially considering that it is far from the only time she does it, the first times being long before they even made the flick agreement.

What's this? She's claiming she could forcefully deal with Hajime's indecisiveness about design?

She literally sits there complaining about changes. How does this help your argument at all?

Yeah, and finishes by saying that she could have pretty forcefully dealt with Hajime if she had been the one working with her. Since, you know, the entire point I was making in this section was about Umiko getting more directly involved with the designers, that's thr single statement I was referencing. For you to bring completely outside points into it, your reading comprehension is pretty bad, itself.

Doesn't matter if problems are inevitable. It's a fact that all problems still have a cause. I didn't say that Hajime should be removed as a designer, only pointing out that it's entirely her fault that there are delays. but, again, you can't seem to grasp my point and are too busy building strawmen

You have literally called her a complete failure and awful at her job multiple times, in which case so is every single other employee at the company.

Yes, she is. Her initial design was boring and lacked proper atmosphere. If she just suggested a mini-game that was just Tag but relied on everyone else to make it fun then she is doing a bad job.

You're arguing against the series' own logic and values with your own judgments and assumptions. If you're going to do that, you need to use the series' logic against itself to show it to be internally inconsistent, not... whatever you think youre doing here.

It's almost like you haven't actually read any of Umiko's lines!

Look! She's outright saying that it's not the changes themselves that she's mad about!

She is literally having her apologize for making the changes. Why would she make her apologize if she didn't like them? you're so damn obtuse.

She literally says its not the changes themselves, but the attitude that she's punishing. How can you be that bad at reading?

Look! She's outright saying that it's unrealistic to expect the design to be perfect from the start, and that despite how annoying it can be, she still wants to make the game as good as possible!

So first she like's changes but now she doesn't? Make up your damn mind. She doesn't like changes and turns to physical violence when she is forced to change the code. That's a fact, that is a major part of her character. She doesn't like the changes.

Maybe if you read more than just the first panel on that page, you'd see the conclusion, the most important point, the entire takeaway from that discussion, is that while annoying, such changes are unavoidable, and that despite the annoyance, she still wants to put out the best product possible, which that annoyance is necessary for.

And this is Umiko saying that, so it is pretty clearly meant to represent the mentality and philosophy of the company's programming team as a whole.

What a complete load, I did no such thing. I never once stated that Eagle Jump should do or who should be fired. I never once made an assumption on how the hierarchy there treats new hires or what they expect their attitudes to be. I simply justified Naru's annoyance with some of the issues at the company.

And yet you keep completely ignoring the manga's own internal logic and themes and values to apply your own, completely different ones.

How did she go about it that was an issue? Being direct and to the point? It's obvious that the only issue you have is that it's a new character suggesting that an old character could possibly cause a problem.

And yet you, yourself, have agreed in the past that her choice in wording was extremely poor.

She is literally asking Hajime to take responsibility for the work load so that she can focus on the code. HOW DO YOU NOT GET THAT BY NOW? At first she is planning to code fast with high quality, when she is forced to slow down she asks Hajime to take responsibility so that she can focus on coding. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this before you understand it.

The term "high quality" has not appeared a single time yet with respect to her code. Every change is a completely new feature, so it's not like she's being asked to redo existing code. So I don't know where you're getting these ideas of slow-down and less focus on the code. As I've stated numerous times and you have ignored every single time, she already has official documentation already showing everything.

Because she is the one evaluating her, what is Naru going to going to do? Ask Hazuki to tell herself to take responsibility for delays? You really didn't think that argument out too much.

She has clearly never even met Hazuki before. Umiko is doing the entirety of her assessment. That's why Hajime's apology message was sent to UMIKO, not Hazuki. In which case the only difference between Hajime and Hazuki is one of seniority, a difference you have criticized an endless number of times.

Given that you have a penchant for completely ignoring not only the majority of the argument you're replying to, but now clearly also have one for ignoring the majority of the information presented in the series itself, this can't even be called a discussion anymore. So there's no point in me continuing it any further.

I do look forward to more criticisms about how terrible my reading comprehension is for words that I was the one to write, though.

moguTL
New Game discussion 08 Sep 10:50
joined May 23, 2015

You keep calling it a problem when all she is doing to trying to stick to the schedule. You act like the schedule is no big deal, that delays cause no problems at all. Umiko's character was introduced to use over being pissed off about errors and delays but when Naru does it it's now a bad thing?

Do you know who would have a better idea of the schedule than someone who literally just started there? The person actually in charge of that.

And I've gone over the difference in attitude between Umiko and Naru several times already, so that this point I'm starting to think that you're not even reading things you reply to.

She's a coder, she would be evaluated based on how well she coded. That's just a cold hard fact, the fact that she was able to also manage her team and time well is also a positive that you refuse to acknowledge.

But oh no, she wasn't super nice about all the problems she pointed out? Better fire her! /s

Come on, dude. You can't even be consistent with yourself about what she should be evaluated on. The final outcome of the project shouldn't matter, you say. But then you say she needs to have a certain number of projects completed or she'll fail. But then you say the quality of the code should be all that matters. But then you say speed is most important.

And besides, as has been mentioned multiple times before, she has OFFICIAL WORK ORDERS, as well as a growing amount of code, and the dates she submitted that code for review, that she can clearly show exactly how much work she did and exactly how long it took. Total number of projects finished should be irrelevant compared to how much total work she got done, if you truly believe that all that matters is her code.

Also, what management? The decision was already made and everything was finalized before she blew up. Her criticizing Hajime did nothing to actually speed anything up. And with the aforementioned work orders already showing the cause of the delay, literally the only thing yelling at Hajime achieved was catharsis.

She literally says that they will pass the deadline, You can try to twist it all you want, fact is that she was given a deadline that was shorter than a month. And no, obviously it wasn't a deadline based on how long it would take to implement into the game since after being late twice she then had to create several versions for the different areas.>

Point me to to where "less than a month" is ever mentioned, anywhere. Or how far away the deadline she mentions actually is. And yes, it was pretty clearly a reference to the final deadline for shipping the game, since she uses the term 納期 in Japanese, and not 締め切り. While the latter is standard deadline, the former means the final deadline to ship a product. I know it could have been made clearer in English, but there's only so much space in speech bubbles and it takes more words because there isn't a simple equivalent term differentiating them.

what's your definition of clearly? They are no where close to being finished, they barely even announced the game that long ago. Games are announced about a year before release in a lot of cases, for smaller 3rd parties they are announced years before. So where you are getting this idea that they are in the final stretch?

Uh, even outside of the above note, it's stated in no uncertain terms right here.

Plus the fairly specific release date right here.

Maybe you should stop making assumptions about everything and actually read the series.

How the hell are you getting a sense of her being aggressive or condescending? She does a proper apology with a bow, you can't even see her face. And during the whole conversation she has a nervous sweat.

Pretty much everything about her wording and body language. And the flippant way she talks about it when mentioning it to Umiko later. But I guess we'll have to wait to see how it's animated!

No, she has not. It has never shown Umiko making design requests or decisions. The more requests would make more spec changes and that would go against her very character as the person who shoots anyone who adds more work onto their load.

What's this? She's getting mad at Hazuki over a request for a feature change that she predicted and even suggested to Hazuki beforehand?

What's this? She's dragging Hazuki to the programmer booth to discuss changes?

What's this? She's claiming she could forcefully deal with Hajime's indecisiveness about design?

Seriously, do you even read this series?

Yes, you can still blame Hajime because she failed to design it well that it still had obvious faults. All the changes made to the mini-game were suggested by other people, Hajime is clearly failing to put more thought into her game designs.

If your requirement for success is "getting everything right the first time without any outside help," then pretty much every single employee at the entire company is a failure. Look how many rejected and reworked designs both Aoba and Kou have had. How many bugs end up being found in the programmers' codes. How often the lead designer and head of the entire team herself ends up wanting to fix things. How often the 3D models are shown needing to have errors fixed. Even Umiko outright states that it's unrealistic to expect the design to be perfect and complete from the beginning.

Plus, with the previous design chapter being entirely about encouraging Hajime to accept help from others, as far as the company itself is concerned, she's still not doing a bad job.

Again, weird that your logic also applies to Umiko, guess she best start sending out her resume as well.

It's almost like you haven't actually read any of Umiko's lines!

Look! She's outright saying that it's not the changes themselves that she's mad about!

Look! She's outright saying that it's unrealistic to expect the design to be perfect from the start, and that despite how annoying it can be, she still wants to make the game as good as possible!

Oh, come on, that's not remotely close to what I said. Someone gave an absolute, I said that there are plenty of companies the break that rule so what holds Eagle Jump to that rule? Hell, it's shown that they won't fire someone for being a bit aggressive, Hazuki will forgive them for all their faults as long as they are cute.

All I am saying is that for someone who argued that, you seem to be judging events at Eagle Jump as if it were some other imagined, completely different company, instead of based on what has been shown to be standard practice there.

And that's why the other team members will have to have the designers take responsibility when they have to make changes. But I guess Naru asking Hajime to take responsibility is an unforgivable sin. How dare she demand leniency when she has no control over the problems other team members cause?

As I've stated before, I don't even have a problem with her asking about the deadline. I have a problem with how she went about it.

What are you even claiming she needs to demand leniency from? Her evaluation for employment? I thought her code was all that mattered? Schedule management would be entirely Hajime's job in this situation, and Naru has work orders and code to show the work she did and the time periods she was given.

And again, why, then, don't you claim that she should make same demands of Hazuki, who is asking for even bigger changes even later into the schedule?

Honestly, discussing this seems to be completely futile, since you seem to have read neither the source material nor any of the things you're responding to.

joined May 23, 2015

The original Japanese is

。。。そりゃベッドで悪魔合体みたいなのは逃げるけどさ

An alternative translation being "...though of course I'm gonna run away if you try to get me to do some demonic fusion stuff in bed."

moguTL
New Game discussion 07 Sep 09:47
joined May 23, 2015

What I really don't understand about all the Hajime criticism is, how else did you expect the situation to go? Say Momo hadn't spoken up and Hajime had submitted the first rework to Hazuki as is. Hazuki is really sharp about that stuff, so do you really expect she'd have just accepted it? She'd most likely have found it lacking and told them to try a bit more to make it more unique and fun. And then Hajime would have to go and figure out what was missing before she could ask for a rework. It would have caused even bigger delays.

Or would you expect Naru to speak up in the same way against Hazuki that she did against Hajime, asking Hazuki to take responsibility for the delays? Although clearly she wouldn't, because she said nothing when Hazuki demanded even bigger changes at an even later stage.

Unless you're just expecting Hajime to get everything perfectly right the first time she does it. Which is kind of a delusional expectation of someone in a creative field. Not even the head designer with all of the experience can manage that.

moguTL
New Game discussion 07 Sep 01:29
joined May 23, 2015

Again, re-read the chapter. It's obvious you are a little fuzzy. Naru has absolutely no problem with re-doing it a second time after Hajime tells her that being a little late is fine. It's only after she as asked to re-do a third time does she become irritated about it being so late.

Her getting so annoyed at the second rework actually kind of illustrates a problem with her attitude, as that rework was brought about by Momo. The entire reason Naru want to make games. Naru's single goal in life apparently being to make games with Momo, and here Momo is asking if Naru's really okay with it like that and suggesting how it could be better. And Naru's response is just to wish for Momo to shut the fuck up.

I don't think it's wrong for her working for her evaluation. But I DO think it's wrong JUST working for her evaluation and giving a shit about the finished product when she's working for eagle jump - a company that - as far as we know - cares heavily about their games. Your last point however I don't get. Programmes won't do anything not designed by others, as there simply isn't anything - maybe but the game engine itself - that get's programmed without being designed in one way or another. Following your argument, Naru - or any other programmer - would never get credit for anything they're doing.

It's an assumption that they are going to evaluate how well she does her job? You're joking, right?

You're absolutely right. There is only one single, entirely objective skill that you can possibly rate to evaluate how well someone would do a job. There couldn't possibly be alternative aspects of a skillset that certain companies would value more than others. And number of projects would absolutely always trump the size and difficulty of each one.

"But I won't be able to finish it before the final deadline..."

I know you're the TL so I'm just going to assume your memory is just a little fuzzy. So they passed the deadline, which was before Nene's deadline, which was about 1 month, hmm...

I don't think you even rrad what you're arguing with. I said there was never a deadline given by UMIKO, the person evaluating her work. That deadline was from the company, because it has to be done in time to be worked into the game. Umiko herself never said anything about her expectations on how fast she wants Naru to get things done or how many projects she expects Naru to finish.

It's also a complete assumption that there are even going to be more projects for her to work on after this, as they are pretty clearly in the final stretch just before release.

What the hell are you talking about? She is pointing out Hajime's faults, stating why she is under greater pressure. She is telling the truth so that they can work past the issues, hence why they then apologize to each other right after.

Although that pressure is entirely an assumption on her part, as are many of those faults. And she's stating it in a clearly aggressive, condescending fashion. And her apology is clearly flippant and insincere, a mere formality. A "so long as you understand."

The first rework is partly Naru's own fault as well, as she had clear doubts about it herself but didn't say anything until it was finished. You can say that it's not her job, but Umiko has shown she works directly with the designers and makes suggestions about things that might end up getting changed later to try and avoid as much last-minute change as possible.

The second one you can't really blame on Hajime, because she was about to approve it as it was until Momo spoke up. Given a last-minute idea about how to make something a great deal better, and there still being time left to implement it, it is difficult to call either choice in that situation being objectively better. Given the attitude of Hazuki, the top man on the team, toward game making, the choice Hajime went with seems to at least have been the correct one as far as their own company is concerned.

Which again just leads me to the conclusion that she's really not a good match for the company in her present state.

You know, for someone who just argued over someone stating that "no company would ever do this," you seem to be under the impression yourself that every company works the same way.

moguTL
New Game discussion 07 Sep 00:41
joined May 23, 2015

It's really funny to me, knowing a fuller context to all the actions, because most of the discussion amd points being made are being done entirely based on assumption and interpretation and have very little basis in the information as given in the story.

But so as to avoid spoiling anything, I try to only present things as possible alternative interpretations, but some people are so stubbornly stuck to their own made-up facts that they couldnt possibly fathom there being an alternate way to read it.

moguTL
New Game discussion 04 Sep 15:06
joined May 23, 2015

Unless they decide to do an adaptation of The Spinoff to fill the gap.

The spinoff by itself doesn't have enough material to fill a full season any more than volume 7 will. And combining them both into a single season would be difficult, because then fully half the episodes would be flashbacks. Not to mention that being likely to leave them without a proper conclusion.

moguTL
New Game discussion 04 Sep 12:46
joined May 23, 2015

The volume that the latter half of this season is mostly adapting from was released early July. Meaning the chapters in it were actually published over the past year. What will likely serve as the climax of season 2 was originally published in May, but the translations had to wait for the volume to be released and then take the time to do each chapter. There are currently three chapters beyond the end of the volume published, and it seems unlikely any of them will be adaptable into the anime.

Meaning if there is a third season, it wouldn't be until at least 2019.

moguTL
New Game discussion 04 Sep 11:04
joined May 23, 2015

I didn't suggest they leave it unresolved. Just that they go much heavier on the early antagonistic vibe.

Making any resolution and redemption more effective.

And much like Christina's lines being acted out and her actions animated made her regret more apparent or how Momo's lines being acted and animated turned her less antagonistic and more full-on tsundere, I feel like actually having Naru's lines acted and animated out would emphasize the contempt in her attitude and the bewilderment of those around her.

Maybe they'll go in a different direction, though.

moguTL
New Game discussion 04 Sep 09:50
joined May 23, 2015

They'll probably try to make things more sympathetic, but unlike the case of Christina, where knowing the full story helps explain and makes her more likable, in the case of Naru... knowing more just makes me judge her more strictly.

So I'm not sure how successful they'll be.

Or they could go the other way, embrace it head-on and ramp up the drama, making her a full-on antagonist.

moguTL
New Game discussion 04 Sep 07:32
joined May 23, 2015

Do you not understand what a programmer is? She would only be evaluated on how well programmed the event is, not how well designed it is. Nene is being evaluated on a game that isn't even going to be in the final product.

Do you not understand what being able to work as a team is? If they already have a good idea of her skill, they'll care more about how well she fits in. Even if they do judge purely on how well programmed it is, having more complex mechanics added to it gives more chances to show that off.

Of course they are going to evaluated on how much work they can do. If they are wasting 3 months on a mini game then they will be seen as a slow team that will have nothing but delays. If they didn't care about time then no publisher would work for the company since it would take half a decade for them to put out a single game.

That is 100% assumption. You have no idea what criteria they are looking for in their evaluation. You can keep claiming it, but there is no basis for it to be any more factual than any other interpretation. And given Umiko's reaction upon being notified, she basically expected things to go that way.

Now a 1 month long assignment is turning into 3 months, just for one little mini-game. Since they gave her only a 1 month deadline Umiko planned on giving her more work right after but now there are going to be further delays.

What the hell are you talking about? Umiko never gave her any deadline at all. The only deadline ever referenced is one given from the company itself, because it has to be done in time to be put into the actual game before shipping. Nene is the only one Umiko gave a deadline to, and it wasn't even a hard deadline. Just a "try and get it done in this amount of time." I don't know where you are getting any of these facts you keep claiming, because none of this is actually written anywhere in the manga.

To be honest: Hajime felt something is "wrong" with the minievent but couldn't point out what exactly. BUT Naru is the first who found the "error" of the game having only 2 characters playing. Despite the fact it felt wrong to her, she never told anyone and just programmed it anyway. Afterwards, after telling Hajime and co about it she complains about programming it all again. That's not really how teamwork's done.

That's exactly how team work is done. You keep going on about Naru not being a productive part of the team but it's Hajime who is stringing a coworker for months on one mini-game.

What? Teamwork is not telling someone else there could be a problem with their work until after everything is finished, and then blaming the delay on that person for not figuring it out on their own? What definition of teamwork could that possibly fall under? What are you even trying to claim here?

moguTL
New Game discussion 04 Sep 07:14
joined May 23, 2015

I very much look forward to how this discussion over whether Naru is being professional or not evolves as future chapters shed more light on the actual attitude and mentality behind the actions she's shown so far.