Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Spam-bot user:Simako

Yuki Kitsune
Yuri List 17 Dec 13:52
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

What about things like "Hoshi to Hana" that have been removed for licensing, but where the licensed version isn't available yet?

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"Could you give me your arm?"

He's smooth AF, and he doesn't even realize it. LMAO

Yuki Kitsune
Dynasty Scans Twitter 14 Dec 10:58
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Poster above me seems sus here too

@BV
1. If you respond in the same thread as the post you are suspicious of, the moderators are no more likely to read your post than the one you are referring to. You're better off posting to the FAQ/Help/Suggestions thread with a link to the referenced post/user.
2. Take a look at your other post to see the problem with referencing the "poster above me." Sometimes posts get deleted.

last edited at Dec 14, 2021 11:00AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Wait what it got an anime adaptation??? 0-0

Yup, was announced in July. Slated for 2022 (I don't see anything more specific, though). Looks promising:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k1IWguG6w8&t=60s

Update: scheduled to start Spring 2022.

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 4:00PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Hello! im looking for a yuri manga that’s not on this website but still hope someone could find it,, I forgot the title but i think the premise was about this mom who meets this construction worker bc of her child wandering and falls in love with her? or something along those lines

I know exactly which one you mean (don't recall the name, though), but the fact that I can't find it makes me think it may have been a victim of "The Great Binbou Purge of '21." My mind might be playing tricks, but I recall it having a sketch-like quality to the artwork?

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Someone once asked why I read yuri, and I explained that traditional romance stories felt more like a battle of wills, where the protagonists clash until one of them gives in. It rarely feels healthy. Stories where the protagonists mature while cooperating to reach a common goal just feels more common in yuri stories, but it is by no means exclusive to the genre.

I'm honestly not sure if this story qualifies as romance, but it certainly qualifies as love. I really enjoy watching as they support each other during their simple journey through daily life. There's no hint of changing to suit the other's preferences, only the desire to become a better person for the sake of the other, and the genuine encouragement they give for each other's efforts. It's just...beautiful.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Subscribed. Though I'm surprised they're not starving by the end of chapter 3. And "what do you want to eat?" -> but you have no money.

IKR... Searching for the bike, 3-hour walk, house cleaning, talking about food, and still no food available. I'm getting sympathy hunger pangs just reading this.

I was talking to my friend about this manga today and apparently it's actually somewhat common in Japan for people to have unused homes in rural areas, with the aging population and urbanization. You inherit the property but can't uproot your life to properly use it.

I've also heard that property often depreciates in value in Japan.

I mean, it's mostly the same thing as everywhere else. Old buildings are more run down and less attractive than new ones. Land values go up and down based on demand; demand in Japan's countryside is particularly going down, but the US has lots of ghost towns too, plus semi-evacuated inner cities.

The one distinctive thing is a strong bias against used houses, so those depreciate particularly quickly in resale value. (Flip side, that might mean you can get nice deals if you have a Western attitude -- though perhaps such houses aren't built to last.) Of course if you're anywhere near a big city, the land is probably most of the cost of the house+land package.

No DIY culture in Japan, so that's one issue. Another is that ownership laws can make it really difficult to deal with abandoned properties in rural areas. A lot of times, the original owners pass away, but the government can't necessarily track down the current owners to even ask them to sell. And the local government can't just call it abandoned and sell it off. They literally have land that has been inherited by people who don't even know that they own it. On the other hand, you can get some amazing deals in some of these rural areas. I seem to recall Wakayama selling plots for around $500 not too long ago.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Why don't we keep the pages for all works removed from the reader (like this) again? It'd make easier to find those orphaned threads...
On the same topic, I'm not sure there're enough cases to justify this, but maybe we can use a Licensed tag or something so we can spot those more promptly?

That works for collections where there's a landing page, but for oneshots you would go straight to the first page, which is no longer there. That's what confused me on Ikenai Hito -- it looks these were released as oneshots, so they would no longer be an active link.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Reminds me a little of Dungeon Meshi. Looks like it could be fun.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Edit: Is it standard to get rid of anything associated with a manga that gets pulled from the reader? I had occasion to go looking for Ikenai Hito recently, and I just realized that it looks as if all associated discussion also vanished.

Hmm...no, it's not standard at all. Some threads may be hidden from public view for any number of reasons, but unless they were legally forced to, I can't think of why discussion threads would be remove entirely for content no longer on the reader. I did search and I found this? And this and that. Is that everything...?

Ah, are those discussions for individual chapters/one-shots? If there wasn't a page for the collection, that might explain it. Not sure how to search for a discussion page. Nothing came up when I tried the reader's search function.

I try to keep Licensed material that's no longer on the site in a separate List when I can, for reference.

last edited at Dec 1, 2021 5:31PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

In what order do items appear when I add them to my Reading Lists? I can't tell if it's by date added to my list or release date or something else entirely.

Is there any plan to add the option to alphabetize them?

Edit: Is it standard to get rid of anything associated with a manga that gets pulled from the reader? I had occasion to go looking for Ikenai Hito recently, and I just realized that it looks as if all associated discussion also vanished.

last edited at Dec 1, 2021 3:40PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Ouch!! How does one's wrist even turn like that?!?

Cute couple. Love the art style.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Not a fan of Oni being translated as Ogre (personal pet peeve, lol), but otherwise this looks great!

Ogre are like onions

thonk.jpg
...cutting them makes you cry?

Depends how fast you can run.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"chapters stop being 50 pages long now"

Oh, yeah? Prove it!

No, seriously, I'm gonna need you to prove it, ASAP.

Pretty please?

Damn. This is gonna be a loooong wait.

Edit: "Ogre-girls" - plural? Um...does this mean we should expect a horny harem? Not sure how to feel about that.

last edited at Nov 25, 2021 5:36PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I always struggle when I see words like "TYPEEEEEEEE." What exactly does it sound like when you extend a silent letter? I know: it's just a me thing.

You can just extend the non silent vowel, they do that because it looks a little better than tyyyyyyyyype.

I know what it's meant to sound like, and that's what goes through my head at first, but then I'm like, "Oh wait, that's not 'TY~~~~~~PE' it's 'TYPE.........'." It's totally a me thing, and[Edit: I'm not alone!] I get why the scanlators do it, but knowing that doesn't stop it from taking me out of the story for a moment.

I love how the first one, from Yoshiko's perspective shows her as the proverbial "cool as a cucumber" type, but we see her from Mahiru's POV, and it's like, "Nope, not fooling anyone. Yoshiko's totally flustered."

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 3:56PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I always struggle when I see words like "TYPEEEEEEEE." What exactly does it sound like when you extend a silent letter? I know: it's just a me thing.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

it's not about that it's about the story itself. it started original only to end like ANY cliche stories. it feels like any smelly cliche with the stupid ending "without having children you can't be happy". when that couple until the end, ALMOST managed to show the opposite, it just fall flat with that stupid ending. and i'm not speaking about how forced and out of the blue that felt!

It's not exactly unusual for couples to desire children so this sounds rather like a "you" problem. Or rather, 'problem.'

Let's not go calling it a problem. To be fair, that extra did kind of feel forced on at the end. I kept expecting Arisa to wake up and for it all to turn out to be a dream.

But I also know many non-cis/hetero couples that have or want kids. And having a child as a couple is the exception in yuri, not the rule. So, maybe let the lesbian couples who want kids also have their moment of representation. As Heavensrun said, I can think of two, three tops where an established couple chooses to have a child together, and one of those was autobiographical. If there are others, please point me to them; I'd love to read them!

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I have found that despite an overwhelming amount of adult yuri with bisexual leads, there is almost no content with single mothers getting into new relationships with a woman. Children in yuri are not particularily rare, but it tends to happen in more fantastical series or becomes a result of adoption. I find it puzzling that such a common real life theme as single mothers finding new love is so underrepresented.

So I ask: Can you think of yuri that revolves around a mother getting into a lesbian relationship? (preferably not the type that only exists for two existing daughters to get into pseudo-incest through this method)

Ohana Holoholo

Beware, it's very angsty and dramatic to perhaps a frustrating degree. Still, not bad and I like the art a lot.

Sorry, a little late to the party, but:
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
Up and Down

There's one other I can think of ... Will add if I come across it. Never mind. It was Ikenai Hito which, as already mentioned, is no longer on the site. :-(

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 11:51AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

that´s sperm donation thing disturbing me .____. but it´s ok if arisa is happy

Don't really see how.

From what I've heard it's rather common for same-sex couples to start a family using donated sperm & surrogate's using IVF technology. It's not even isolated to same-sex couple's they're just the most obvious case.

But as I recall, IVF technology in Japan is reserved for hetero couples, so they would have to resort to more DIY methods.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 9:50AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Wholesome 'Nuff said.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Wow I commend her mental fortitude for keeping a cool face even with all those advances, I would've melted

Hehe, I came to comment the exact same thing.

It's amazing how Yoshiko keeps her act together (cool facade, cool attitude, perfect answers, everything) while inside she's squeeing like a schoolgirl and her heart is in a whirlwind of emotions.

Even if there's a bit of copy/paste going on, I feel like it's been used brilliantly to highlight that cool façade of hers. Been a while since I've been so quick to add something to me favorites.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Tag ideas:
Mistaken Gender is a fairly common premise.
Homophobia for stories dealing with that.

While I could see Mistaken Gender being useful in some cases, I could also see it being quite contentious, especially where trans characters are involved. Plus, it's likely to get rejected in cases where it would be a spoiler. (I'd expect a lot of overlap with Tomboy, too.) A tag like that would need clear guidelines for when it should or shouldn't be used, IMO. Possibly useful; possibly troublesome. But that's just my thoughts.

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 4:24PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

@Topic: Could we finally see some more genuine self-realization from Hino soon?

OK, from my pov these two have obviously been gaga for one another from very early in the series, and at some fundamental level they each know that about themselves, but neither one quite realizes/is ready to acknowledge that the other one feels the same way. In other words, they’re both incredibly thirsty but each believes that the other one doesn’t drink.

Aka: Idiot Couple

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Daaaaaaw Hino trying to act all Chad but still blushing like crazy is all sorts of adorable ! She really cares for her little bear ^_^

Having spent nine years in school with someone named Chad, the only thing this term evokes is the image of someone who farts loudly in public then cracks jokes about it. At first I thought people were using it to describe someone clingy that you can't seem to get rid of (as in a "hanging chad"), but that doesn't seem to be the case.... Is "Chad" meant to be a good thing?