Forum › Posts by mccann

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

My favorite part so far is when the student council bears say "But this is reality!"... http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_kuma_arashi_ch15#10

Lol, YuriKumaArashi and reality aren't exactly on speaking terms. :-)

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

This is a very lighthearted fun story. :-)

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I <3 Azumanga Daioh. So fun.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I'm really happy this has been continued. :-)

mccann
Yuri Danshi discussion 30 Sep 21:43
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I'll give it props for being different than the usual fare here. But totally not my thing. As a lesbian, if there were some random guy obsessing about my relationship in real life, I'd find that beyond creepy. But this is a work of fiction and I'm not the target audience, so I'll just skip reading it in the future. It has fun references though.

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

This is a nice piece. I really am digging the non-moe tag, it tends to be less school girls with crushes. (not that there's anything wrong with that, but variety is the spice of life)

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Wow, that was both really cute and kind of terrifying.

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

The teacher/student is more realistic than most teacher/student relationships in manga. This makes it creepy as hell IMHO. Sorry, just not a fan of adults/children.

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

It went from interesting (coping with a partner's sex change, but their gender didn't change), to bad (f-ing Ayumu's "maiden's heart" or whatever), to stupid (everything went back to normal without a good reason).

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

The duplicate pages appear to have been from different versions? They have different textures/color-adjustments and in some chapters have minor differences.

I've been a fan of ABe since I was 16 and found Serial Experiments LAIN. :-)

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Nice. It's nice to have light-hearted stories with adults (who have jobs). High school gets old sometimes. :-)

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

It's always nice to see a story about adults in a relationship. It's a nice break from high schoolers falling in love. :-)

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

This is one of very few mangas I actually like enough to show people. :-)

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I wasn't paying attention to the tags, and thought it was cute... then page 10 happened. sigh That'll teach me.

mccann
Lily Love discussion 02 Aug 11:16
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Dunno. Take a group of average girls. Out of the blue, one of them comes out as a lesbian. I guess there would be some kind of akwardness at first, you know. Some kind of "uuuhh... I wonder if she ever looked at me that way?" or something. The way it is, the whole college already knows that Donut is a lezzy and everyone takes it in stride. In Thailand.

I know Lily Love is mostly comedy, for now, but some realism wouldn't hurt. It makes it look like coming out to your friends is as easy as breathing and that they wouldn't think anything more of it than "Cool! U 2 had sex yet?

Meh, lathering on the GAYAAAAAAAAAANGST is so trite by this point, it doesn't strike me as much fun to write or read. I'm quite happy to read a series that dispenses with it, like Lily Love or Kase-san and actually deals with other relationship issues instead.

I completely agree, especially in relationships between adults. Adult women tend to not have as much time to devote to angst as high schoolers.

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

This seems familiar...either because I've seen it here before, or because it's super generic-looking

Well, she's got the same name and similar hair to another Hotaru https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailor_Saturn

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I feel you. We need more college, adult life, co-worker and OL.

This.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

This manga needed to be made, like 15+ years ago.

mccann
Lily Love discussion 12 Jul 13:53
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Bloody donut! 6 chapters in and they are already together? Yay xD

Well, I really welcome this, especially since there's soo many manga where it takes ages for their relationship to progress even slightly..
Yes, I'm looking at you, Citrus and Fluttering Feelings. XD

I quit Citrus as soon as it got too pseudo-incesty, too close to incest for me, I love the hair design for the main character though, it's very lively.

Fluttering Feelings is appealing in how it's a college story, but yes, it is very slow moving.

I really enjoy stories with older-than-high school characters that aren't entirely coming out stories. Relationships are more interesting than just deciding you're okay with being gay. And coming out is a life-long thing, not a one-time personal event.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

lol Prince

Yeah. I didn't see that coming. When I showed it to my wife she went on a rant about how it made no sense. I really don't think making sense is the point of it.

mccann
Sweet Room discussion 20 Jun 14:16
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

While I am happy she didn't bang a minor, I'm kind of worried about the sanity of the girl who decided quitting her job and pretending to be a runaway teen was a good life choice.

Just saying.

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

...At this rate it'll take 5 more years for them to hold hands...

Holding hands is serious stuff, you don't wanna rush into that.

Once you've held hands you can never go back.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

This sequence has been one of my all-time favourites for ages. There's something about "Bathed in Sunlight" that just makes me feel happy and fulfilled.

Ditto. I think it may be because it's an adult relationship that's devoid of the typical teenage angst.

mccann
Philosophia discussion 24 May 21:46
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Well, I didnt see that coming.

Youu are nooooot alooooooooneeee

Me either... I wasn't expecting a happy ending, but I wasn't expecting that.

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Serial Experiments Lain is the best anime ever. The wallpaper on my computer at work is a SEL one and I'm not even ashamed of it, because it's the greatest mindblowing piece of fiction I ever got to watch.

I even once wrote a wall-of-text post on a forum just to explain people what I perceived Lain being about, because there are so many things in there that I could write volumes about it.

SEL isn't "weird", SEL isn't "crap". I won't let anyone diss Lain, the Goddess of the Wired.

I'm a huge fan of it, first anime series I ever bought. :-) I wasn't dissing it at all. I meant "crap" as in "stuff" not as in "garbage." And it is weird, but weird is good to me.

last edited at May 19, 2015 6:13PM