Forum › Posts by RPPuzzle

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_scummy_gap_student_with_a_hard_life_calls_upon_a_lady_of_the_night_ch07#7

What the heck does delivery health mean?

Also someone was saying she was unscummy this chapter? Dude she's oggling her boobs and then has the audacity to say you can't tell she's pretty behind the glasses. Glasses don't make you ugly God damn it. T_T

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I'm not sure I understand that leap in logic at the end of chapter 8. What do I want for her, and I need to move house? As in move in with akebi or move out?

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Congrats on the vax!

Lovely story keep up the great work everyone!

RPPuzzle
Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Maybe more manga artists should have an unrefined art like this so they can release more.

RPPuzzle
VAMPEERZ discussion 28 Aug 03:58
Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

This manga is so good. Those quotes didn't really seem to fit the situation that well, but oh well. I'm glad I supported this author by buying a manga volume from Japan.

last edited at Aug 28, 2021 3:58AM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

God bless this author and the scanlating team.

Next year for april fools the yuri tag will be replaced with the normal tag

That'd be hilarious.

last edited at Aug 28, 2021 3:26AM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Thanks for translating <3.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I honestly can’t stand Shiho. Her personality and egotism is just unbearable. If she has feelings for Aki like the comment above me suggests, and which I am inclined to believe, she should not end up with her or anyone else at the end. I can’t understand why Hima would even want to remain friends with her after the way she acted this chapter.

Her resolution could just as well be her succeeding. Shiho has failed in the past which is why she's like now, so all I think her failing would do is cause her to double down on the mentality she has right now; but having her win but still not get what she really wants might actually challenge the views.

That’s also a plausible way things could go. Having her win may actually have the same effect, as I believe that winning would be what causes her to double down. A major arc of hers is learning it’s okay not to be the best, so one could say losing would help her grow, while winning could tech her that her stance is correct. However I believe it could go either way. I suspect that no matter what, her actions are going to lead to everyone alienating her, because that would be the the most effective development to show her how wrong her viewpoint truly is. And for the reader, based on my experience with this story and the vast majority of of the commenters on this forum, it would be the most satisfying conclusion to her part in the story

Whoa whoa whoa, why is there so much hate for Shiho? Do you have any idea how hard it is to have the thing you love tainted by bitterness? And then your alternative also tainted by others bitterness towards you? It's so freaking hard to recover from something like that. She's fighting to be good at band despite all that. I think it's admirable.

She said her life is meaningless without music, but what can she do music-wise that isn't a devastating reminder of her lack of ability? Guitar. But then that was screwed up too. It's not like Aki's handling it any better. Should Aki end up alone?

Yes people who act like this end up alone in reality. Toxic right? Just leave all the toxic people to die metaphorically. But leave toxic people alone, and you get people who treat each other in all the awful ways in this world.

But even if one person doesn't give up on them, they can find a way to push through. Sure they're not immediately non-toxic, but maybe with time they can find something they're passionate about again and gain love and confidence in themselves again. It's how life is for me right now anyway.

RPPuzzle
Hear Me Now discussion 23 Aug 15:49
Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

The pain. This AU is too surreal.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I see no reason to give her a sob story to excuse her current personality, this felt in line with how she's been presented so far. It's not like she's in the right, I don't see this ending with her winning since, you know, one of the main protagonists is on the opposite team. She's going to have to finally learn it's okay not to be the number one.

Is that blonde violin girl new? I'm having an increasingly harder time distinguishing between characters in this...

She's Aki, Yori's bandmate. The little sister she mentions in the flashback is Miki, Himari's childhood friend. Maybe you should give a quick skim to previous chapters as a refresher.

The girl in the flashback is named Kyou not Aki

I mean given this chapter, it would add up that Aki is Kyou. Maybe she changed her childhood name when talking to Hina to not dox her.

So I'm probably way wrong, but I'm thinking Aki gave up violin initially to learn guitar because Shiho was playing guitar. Shiho joined Aki's band because she's in love with Aki. But then Aki fell in love with Asanagi and stopped trying, and so Shiho got pissed and left. But now Asanagi isn't even dating her, and she left Shiho for her, so she super pissed.

Or maybe Asanagi is Kyou and dyed her hair in high school.

... I need to eat this is too hard to think about on an empty stomach.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

What does it mean completed and ongoing?

RPPuzzle
Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I'll show you one day?... Koguma-san no baka! >_<

I got the straight girl in real life to take a shower with me. I triple asked her if it was okay. Because like hino I wanted to with a friend at least once. I didn't look very much cuz it felt disrespectful. Sorta regret not looking a little more. But it was weird and fun.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Just FUCK ALREADY!

RPPuzzle
Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Linter's interpretation is what I vaguely suspected, but like others I was also confused by the pacing and vague antecedents. I also like Surya's thoughts about it too. Thanks for sharing.

Googled "Medalist". Looks a bit creepy. Grown adult man with a 10 year old going to the Olympics? What the.

last edited at Aug 9, 2021 10:22PM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

7 more chapters.

RPPuzzle
Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Thank God for Aya the B.

nims:

If her future self gets together with the senpai and one day she just gets back to the future it would have been all for nothing.

This this this this^

last edited at Aug 9, 2021 9:26PM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Lol how do people come up with these scenarios? That I love you in ch 4 was hilarious.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013
RPPuzzle
Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

They would make the cutest throuple, I'm so happy for them.

Also, also! Sayo did it! She got the girl!!! I'm so happy for her. She's such a sweetheart, and given the arrows we've seen from her, she's been managing her strong desires very maturely.

I'm also so glad we get to see a childhood friend win. I'm not as much of a fan of it in a heterosexual context, and I can see why the destined childhood friend -> partner thing is subverted so often (thanks to an article I read a while back about the trope that I can dig up if anyone's interested) but when it's between women, and it's played straight (no pun intended lol) it hits different. One might think it's the fact that gay crushes on your childhood best friend are actually extremely rarely fulfilled for a variety of reasons despite how common that situation is, which could bring readers a sense of catharsis, but I don't even think that's what makes this so satisfying and compelling. I can't quite put my finger on it right now, but something tells me it's about how the story interacts with genre. Like, because the "childhood friend loses" thing is so solidified, seeing Sayo rise to overcome it not just because she's the one selected by chance to win a harem thing, but because she personally undergoes a great deal of development to unlock her inhibitions about being honest with her feelings, while the MC simultaneously grows to become someone who can accept those feelings, and they both find that being together in that new way really works for them--it's sort of like they're defying fate, and because it's written with verisimilitude we as readers can receive it as this very hopeful message, that, yeah, you can put in the work to maybe make things work out with that girl you like.

Lmao, I guess I did put my finger on it. But yeah, it's like, maybe because I spend so much time on the internet I see that "useless lesbian" thing over and over, to the point where sometimes it feels like most of the gay women are going "haha, this is just how it is"--there's this wider feeling that we can't get things to work out, that we can't get the girl, and so it's really cathartic to see Sayo break through that same kind of anti-predestination. Does anybody feel that, is that for real?

It also helps that she's adorable totally deserves to get what she wants and be happy. She's so kind. What a sweetheart.

Linter, I mean there is a predestination feeling of that's just the way it is you don't get the girl with lesbians. Especially if you're a fat one like me. So just because Sayo did it doesn't mean it'll happen for any of us sadly. Which you probably weren't saying that, but I am saying it bitterly. Most lesbians that I meet in real life and up just settling for hetero. I'm mostly just ranting to myself now. Very angst about it these days.

So it's cathartic to see it, but it is conversely painful.

RPPuzzle
Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

OMG this is everything that I wanted Centaur's Life to be! So good. So much can be expanded.

Harems are great, but also kill me because someone's going to end up not happy.

I was thinking that the succubus is going to make her into a real succubus. Doesn't that happen in hentai all the time? They like corrupt other women or something. Or am I mixing that up with something else?

RPPuzzle
Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Not a drill? It's a real kiss?! PANIC.

Oh she's falling in love, so that's why the arrows are all weird?

last edited at Aug 6, 2021 3:19AM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Writing/drawing something with scandalous, shock-factor behavior: Common skill.

Writing/drawing that with explanations and reasonable justifications for the behaviors: God tier skill.

Unlike most hentai, this is the latter.

last edited at Aug 3, 2021 9:18PM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Getting somewhere, getting somewhere...

Aaand the slow down NotLikeThis

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Why does this say the series is still ongoing?

RPPuzzle
Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Getting called out by the B.

God this MC is just so strange. She just keeps acting like her younger self is a compelety different person and keeps getting jealous of them. It's just so weird that she barely acknoweldges they exist and doesn't even think of them. I thought maybe she might befrend her since it seemed like she had a pretty lonely time in high school but no, she doesn't care about her younger self. This MC is just so one dimensional, all she think's about just senpai.

^this, and the extent of it is starting to piss me off.

last edited at Jul 29, 2021 3:58AM