Forum › Posts by OriginalGengar

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Sorry to say this to all the angry people, but this ending was a work of art compared to other series. I mean, this has an ending, while crap like Citrus just goes on and on, with each chapter being another "f*ck you" to the readers. Or half of the things that Morinaga Milk writes, where nothing. ever. happens.

You can't take sacred names in vain like that. And you certainly can't compare mediocre stuff like this to Morinaga Milk's. Morinaga Milk could do a single frame with no dialogue and it would have more human characterization than this whole manga.
Point about Citrus though.

That's the most funny thing I've ever heard ever since I finished The Secret Recipe, in which NOTHING EVER HAPPENED.

Um, two girls fell in love and started going out. What else do you expect to be happening in a yuri romance, exactly?

I'd have expected less if it WERE as simple as two-girls-fell-in-love-and-started-going-out. It fails to sustain the sweet atmosphere I'd expect based on this comic's first impression: Either as plain and sweet as Fujieda Miyabi's Chatting at the Amber Teahouse, either as a extreme comedy as Imamula Youko's The Real Her.

So basically... too much happened? And honestly, Miyabi is pretty much the only author to consistently have no drama in his works. Nearly every yuri comedy that's not a oneshot is going to up the (melo)drama in the last half or third or quarter.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Am I the only one thinks the ending is awesome?

Nah, it's awesome. People just expected buildup from a manga that was all about random plot twists.

The random plot twists started in the middle of chapter 4, before it was a very good crazy comedy manga... and then Hikaru fuck her sister... and then They all fuck together. All that in an extra and a chapter x)

Personally I don't mind the ending, I just find weird the way it became all about sex all of a sudden But I hate the extra

Haha, yeah, the extra was horrible. I just deleted it out of my folder so when I ever feel like rereading it's not gonna bother me.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Am I the only one thinks the ending is awesome?

Nah, it's awesome. People just expected buildup from a manga that was all about random plot twists.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

My disappointment remains the same :P

Oh yeah, I feel the same way.

as long Ange don't end with Tusk eventually I will watch it.

She most certainly is going to end up with Tusk.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

As for Witch Craft Works, it's a fun little series with better animation and definitely not as cringe worthy as Cross Ange. I enjoyed the show, but I was definitely disappointed when I found out the MC was originally meant to be a female. Would definitely have been more interesting considering their mothers' intentions. Highly doubt it would have been popular enough to warrant an anime though if that was the case.

Actually, it was supposed to be a guy, then the writer changed his mind, then the writer changed his mind again.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I've haven't watched either of them but I've never heard anybody that likes yuri say anything good about Cross Ange.

You shouldn't watch Witch Craft Works for the yuri because it's more of a homosexuality-never-works-out kinda thing.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

By the way, is wixoss series worth watching, as in, is it any Yuri? and should I first watch it before proceeding with manga to have better clue about the story?

There's both tons of strong subtext as well as an actual yuri pairing in the second season. And, yeah, you should probably watch the series first.

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 11:05AM

OriginalGengar
Pregnant discussion 22 Feb 10:13
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

All right, thank you! I'll be working my way through these in the next few days or weeks.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Mmmm... sorry, this is cheap hentai... didn't like it at all :/

Funny thing is, it's not even hentai. It's just cheap ecchi with a plot that might as well be from a cheap hentai.

OriginalGengar
Hinata Gaii discussion 20 Feb 23:21
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Someone need to translate Yama no Susume...

...at least the anime is available on Crunchyroll. Better than nothing I guess.

Yeah, It's another series on my list to read/watch one day, one day...

Anyone read the raws? I read in some places that it is shoujo ai, but I wonder if it's not just another manga full of subtext about girls that seen to have some kind of mental retardation that in the end don't do anything, I can't help feeling that after the manga they will marry some random faceless male and the subtext was just to help the sales and trolling the fanbase, like Yuyushiki in that unless someone read the raws and it goes beyoned subtext than it's not real yuri and Yukari will continue with her arranged marriage, I fucking hate arranged marriages...

BakaUpdates says Shoujo Ai and Romance. Even MyAnimeList says it's Shoujo Ai and Romance and MyAnimeList doesn't put those tags there until the manga is ultra clear about it.

OriginalGengar
Pregnant discussion 20 Feb 22:22
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

OriginalGengar, I could also help uploading some of them, it would be too much to upload alone, maybe we should try to find more people and create a search group to find on Ex Hentai/G.E-Hentai everything good that don't involve het and upload here on Dynasty? I don't mind rape, mind crontrol, mind break, I remember reading some yuri involving those, there is uploaded here things like Oshikko Sensei, so there is no reason to not upload some of the more dark and morally questionable mangas/doujins that have tags that most people don't like, unless one of the mod says otherwise.

Yeah, I'm way not into that stuff, though. I like my rape mangas to be fluffy and full of love.

OriginalGengar
Pregnant discussion 20 Feb 11:38
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

There would be very few Yuri, even less Monster Girl and Tentacles, but lots of Futanari. Filtering out all rape and het.

I don't know whats the mods' standing on massive off-topic links listing to outisde websites, maybe creating a thread would be better.

I have tons of stuff on my folders so it would probably take me a while and I am feeling too lazy to go through it to find it on the other sites...

So you have them on your PC? If so then how about just making a screenshot of the names? There also is a windows-command for listing the contents of a folder as a txt file, dir > name.txt, I think. I'd search for the links myself if I had the names. I could even look into getting them onto this site, depending on how the uploading suggestions work.

OriginalGengar
Image Comments 20 Feb 07:26
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

vanilla salt:
Just press ctrl and + a bunch.

last edited at Feb 20, 2015 7:26AM

OriginalGengar
Pregnant discussion 19 Feb 11:39
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I searched into these tags on other sites (+yuri tags, there was not much ofc)... Nothing noteworthy, just a lot of rape and/or fuck-fest stuff (its unfortunate that raping a pregnant character is a fetish).

I give up on searching, I'll just wait for things to just pop up I guess...

Haha, I gave up on searching for Yuri on other sites alltogether. In like 50% of the cases it's just two women having sex with some random guy or lesbians getting gang raped. I don't wanna see that shit.

I mostly search on other sites to find stuff that I might like. Ranging from just yuri tags to tentacles + yuri, monster girl + yuri, futanari, pregnant, and such (tags that would usually scare off ppl due to the usual stuff that acompanies em, or they are just not into it).

I have found a few goodies amongts a sea of shit, some not on this site and some non-translated.

If you wanna share than I'd gladly read that stuff. I just don't wanna fight through the sea of shit because seeing all those fucked up cure-lebians-by-dick sex fantasy doujins makes me hate japanese people. I mostly trust the people on this board and their judgement of quality so I'd love some stories I have't read yet.

last edited at Feb 19, 2015 11:42AM

OriginalGengar
Pregnant discussion 19 Feb 09:45
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I searched into these tags on other sites (+yuri tags, there was not much ofc)... Nothing noteworthy, just a lot of rape and/or fuck-fest stuff (its unfortunate that raping a pregnant character is a fetish).

I give up on searching, I'll just wait for things to just pop up I guess...

Haha, I gave up on searching for Yuri on other sites alltogether. In like 50% of the cases it's just two women having sex with some random guy or lesbians getting gang raped. I don't wanna see that shit.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

All right, thanks for all the answers! That really helped. :)

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

If someone has a raw page that he thinks was pretty hard to edit and could direct me to that so I can look for myself how I fare, I'd be really thankful. I've read pretty much every yuri available in english, so instead of rereading my favorite series like once a week, I might as well help to get some new yuri onto this site.

Is it fun to read yuri you've worked on by the way? With all the spoilers and everyting.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Thanks for the answers. Since I own a tablet for drawing, I might actually try myself at editing and look how that goes. I was always a little discouraged by editors saying it's ultra hard and time consuming work. It probably still is even with a tablet and I'm going to give up like 10 minutes in but oh well.

I'm in the no tablet club as well, but I imagine you can get similar or equal results with some sense of artistic skill. I don't have that either though.

I'm honestly pretty sure you can't, at least when using the freer tools like brushes. That's just my experience with drawing though, editing might be way different.

Anyways, my respect towards editors certainly just grew a lot.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I don't know where else to ask so sorry if that is out of place here, but... do editors and cleaners work with like, a mouse? Or a drawing tablet? Cause I imagine doing that with a mouse would be pretty annoying.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I thought a boy, but could be either way I guess.

Yeah, I guess the manga keeps that open to the reader. Always been wondering the same thing, though.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Unless maybe... it's Mayu's older brother...

There goes my day...

Jin wouldn't do that.

OriginalGengar
Yuri Pairings! 12 Feb 11:11
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm not enthused to see if there is anything there, it's just another excuse to read it again. >_O

Oh, you should reread it. I just didn't want to create too high expectations. :)

Not much of a spoiler since you realize it from the start, but Cait Sith is not her pen pal in the anime. Ai (the new undine at the end who also appears in the extras) is her pen pal in that version.

I'll be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the animation in most of the Aria anime, although it got better in the third season. A lot of feet sliding on the ground when people walked, that sort of thing. The additional episodes that illuminated more of Aqua's past were interesting, although there were odd omissions like there no episode introducing Al, he's just...there already. Overall I'm glad I watched it though, because it's nice seeing this stuff come to life. And Alice is tremendously cute animated.

Agree that sometimes the animation wasn't the best but they still did a great job of bringing the feeling of the manga into an animated form. Not to mention the soundtrack just being awesome. And agreed about the omissions though they didn't bother me too much to be honest. And yeah, I thought them calling Earth as manhome was amusing.

Not gonna lie, that's kinda disappointing. Cait Sith was awesome and should get all the screen time there is.
It's probably a good thing that I read the manga first then since I'll be able to make the missing connections myself.

OriginalGengar
Yuri Pairings! 12 Feb 10:50
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Haha that's exactly the same way I found out about YKK!! I read all of Aria and went looking for more and YKK was the obligatory next in line (since EEEEVERYONE kept mentioning it). Oh, yeah I totally teared up at the end of Aria as well. Have you seen the anime?

And now, I'm gonna have to reread it because I never got those vibes o0... And it's a bit melancholic but a great ending nonetheless.

Mh, I have the world's strongest yuri goggles, so maybe you should hold off on your enthusiasm. :P

Haven't seen the anime yet but plan on doing so when I don't know everything that happens anymore. I did love the ending though, the Cait Sith being her pen pal and Akari saying the exact same words to the new Undine that Alicia said to her... Again, I usually don't describe mangas as beautiful but Aria was genuinly exactly that.

OriginalGengar
Yuri Pairings! 12 Feb 09:37
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I love this series in general. It's one of my all-time favorites. And sub-text?? To be honest, it always felt like a one way street to me with Kokone crushing on Alpha either through complete admiration or possibly with a hint of more. (That ending leaves a lot of questions though ;) )

Yeah, I love those life appreciation/healing type series. I started it pretty much immediatly after Aria (which was beautiful) and wasn't disappointed at all. At least where I am right now, I don't think it's a one way street, though. Kokone is crushing hard on Alpha but I think Alpha isn't exactly behaving like just a friend, either. It's more subtle, but it's there.
I heard good things about the ending, so I'm very much looking forward to getting there. :)

OriginalGengar
Yuri Pairings! 11 Feb 10:50
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Alpha and Kokone from Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

Oh, how could I forget those two. I'm reading the series right now (Volume 4 right now) and I'm really glad that they immediatly jumped into the subtext. Might as well be called Alpha's and Kokone's Dating Life.