Forum › Posts by Dark_Tzitzimine

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Promo materials let us know she was alive and she would arrive after Mirei and Mamori, plus you know, there is her appearance on both the OP and ED. All of which made clear she was alive.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yeah, which is even worse. Really hate stupid drama like that..

While the execution remains to be seen, isn't as stupid when you take a good look at it. I mean, Momoka has been a very sore point for Mirei so her appearance is bound to cause some complications

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Someone did a rough translation of the story bits in the interview

From episode 7 onward the story will become more connected and the story will grow to be more serious. Among them, the identity and goals of a certain character will be revealed alone the way, and Sagara Momoka that only appeared in the beginning of episode 2 in the flashback scene will finally arrive at the island. Mirei and Mamori partnership is going strong, but Momoka’s appearance will cause some kind of ripple. There will be development like “What? That girl and that girl gonna fight?” In the second half it will feels like they’re digging deeper into the island called Mermaid and Momoka. The girl that once shared a fate with Mirei, Momoka will scratch everyone not only in boobs-like but also human relation-like things. Mirei and Mamori were using boobs freely and they will be torn apart by boobs ……(笑)。 Since the screen might become pure white in the censored version, please enjoy the whole thing in the BD version and AT-X ver.

WELP

So, my worst case scenario coming to fruition I see. And here I held out hope. Guess I should know better.

If by worst case scenario you mean the one from the page before, it wasn't the case

You were assuming that Momoka's would appear on episode 9 when she's actually showing up this week

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Someone did a rough translation of the story bits in the interview

From episode 7 onward the story will become more connected and the story will grow to be more serious. Among them, the identity and goals of a certain character will be revealed alone the way, and Sagara Momoka that only appeared in the beginning of episode 2 in the flashback scene will finally arrive at the island. Mirei and Mamori partnership is going strong, but Momoka’s appearance will cause some kind of ripple. There will be development like “What? That girl and that girl gonna fight?” In the second half it will feels like they’re digging deeper into the island called Mermaid and Momoka. The girl that once shared a fate with Mirei, Momoka will scratch everyone not only in boobs-like but also human relation-like things. Mirei and Mamori were using boobs freely and they will be torn apart by boobs ……(笑)。 Since the screen might become pure white in the censored version, please enjoy the whole thing in the BD version and AT-X ver.

WELP

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So there's this interview with Kaneko

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/127387/

According to /a/ the biggest points of the interview are these:

Plot starts on episode 7
Mamori's seiyuu was too erotic, so Kaneko asked for more innocent perfomance
Iguchi also voiced a girl for Charlotte's harem
Kaneko chose Iguchi because her scream was the coolest
The sound when a girl transforms is made out for each extar by their seiyuu's
There will be scene when the screen will become white (not ATX)

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'm starting to think that the author doesn't has a plot in mind and is just improvising as he goes.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Lily Love discussion 18 Nov 15:32
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Ploy isn't earning any sympathy from me.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 18 Nov 10:56
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Raws are out
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4166889500

I...I need a translation for this one.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This week's radio show is hilarious

Radio time.

In opening talk Izawa talked about her time in seiyuu training school and how she have done 3-way radio hosting with her fellow schoolmates and that her schoolmates are part of VD’s nameless mob girls seiyuu.

The first corner is a free talk corner. They decide to look back on ep 5 because they kinda forgot about it last week. Iguchi said that she loves all of Nimi’s part but she always stutter when she tried saying Minimi Nimi. Other two don’t have problem saying it. Izawa was surprised that they can also turn into a giantess and mention that Takahashi Minami, Nimi’s seiyuu, will join in from last week episode.

This Takahashi Minami http://myanimelist.net/people/22003/Minami_Takahashi

By the way Noe’s also voiced by someone with Takahashi as family name. Here is she http://myanimelist.net/people/34785/Rie_Takahashi

The cast keep growing but it’s still full of girls and Kubo mention that even though most of the seiyuu are female, the staff is full of scamps. She specifically use the word ‘yaro’, in joking manner, when she refer to the staff. Iguchi wished they recorded the recording session because it was quite interesting. They also mention that most of the session was done in the morning, it was quite hard for Izawa because she have to talk in higher voice all the time. Iguchi then asked her whether she has tell her mom about VD or not. Kubo’s also interested but Izawa still hasn’t told her mom.

Izawa thought now that Nimi have appeared maybe it will be a bit easier to tell her mom and Kubo agree and add that there will be more of nice story like Nimi’s. ‘Mom look-look the girl is turning into a giantess’. ‘That’s not what the story’s about!’ Iguchi said that the second half will be full of interesting development but the story will end in a touching way. Izawa said maybe she should tell her mom after it ended because it ended peacefully. Kubo said that her mom wouldn’t be able to watch it live then, but Izawa still can’t find the heart to tell her. She’s afraid that if her mom watch it, it could influence her in a bad way. Kubo told Izawa that it’s important to do various type of role and it’s all for her own good so she should tell her mom. Izawa took the advice to her heart but she said that now really isn’t the best time to tell her mom, so she will try to look for the right timing first.

Iguchi and Kubo said that they will readily help her practice anytime as both her mom and dad. Izawa’s dad talks in Kansai-ben and he’s apparently super scary and her mom eat lots of sweets. So they decide to practice it right now. Iguchi act as papa and Kubo as mama. Iguchi trying to act as strict dad while Kubo keep making sound like she’s munching something. Izawa tried to make way for the reveal by saying that she have a plan tonight [I assume they pretend that its Monday, the day Tokyo MX airs VD] ‘Hmm? What plan? Now you come sit here and explain it’. That’s Iguchi trying to sounds like scary dad. Izawa start again by offering mama pocky and pouring sake for papa. She explain VD as an interesting story where girls turns into giantess. Papa asked her to elaborate. Izawa said she voices a character named Mamori. Mama asked Mamori what? Tokonome Mamori. Papa asked how it’s written. Izawa is racking her brain trying to find a way to tell the virgin kanji without saying it. Papa still found out and Izawa failed again.

Izawa asked the other two have they told their mom yet, they both immediately said yea. Kubo said she told her mom in a very carefree manner. ‘I voices a character in this show but its ecchi so you don’t have to watch it’. After all they also released CD so it will be a shame if they didn’t say anything. Izawa didn’t give her mom Super Ultra Hyper Miracle Romantic CD copy because it has Tokonome 「処女」written on it and she’s afraid that her mom will misunderstand if she just gave her the CD without saying anything. Kubo said there’s nothing to feel embarrassed about after all there’s no male fluids here. [Kubo said dansui here, normally its written like this 断水 and it means water outage but she definitely meant 男水 instead or it wouldn’t made sense in context]. Izawa asked them to think keywords she can used to describe VD. Iguchi describe it perfectly by saying it’s a tale of camaraderie and love comedy with some ecchi HAPPENING, though MX won’t have any of it because it lies beyond the light. Izawa will keep them in mind and hopefully she can give straight to her mom.

Mail corner, first is from someone from Kansai and they asked the hosts if they have their favorite accent. Iguchi love Kansai-ben no matter who spoke it. Kubo’s Kansai-ben is natural but she never has to stop herself from leaking few Kansai-ben phrases when she talks in proper Japanese. Nothing else interesting here unless you’re interested in Japanese accent, nothing about VD at all. Next mail asked them can they refused an offer [you know things like ‘Be a Japanese that can say NO’ because they’re usually too polite to refuse]. Izawa can’t say no, but when she can’t do it after all she apologized. Izawa had always accepted class president duties when no one wanted to volunteer but she always skip her pingpong club activity because she only joined because her friends joined but she herself don’t have any interest in sport. She said all of her teammates manage to enter tournament except her because she never practice. Iguchi would think properly before answering and would say no when she thinks its impossible. Kubo said it depends on whatever asked of her but she would probably say yes to all things lightly and then forgot about it. That’s it for mail corner.

They played ‘Vi-vi-vi-virgin Road’ Izawa said the song is about what Mamori feelings during 1 and2 episode. The song is a bonus CD included in BD vol.1

The rest are just variety corner, also nothing noteworthy unless you’re a seiyuufag. If only RL didn’t demand so much I would translate them all. Sorry. That’s it for this week.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Image Comments 17 Nov 13:39
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
Tumblr_n9fz2gioex1shl41eo1_1280

You're not familiar with androgynously dressed girls, then? Or boys in general?

Yes to both. I dabble in traps myself from time to time and well, I see a boy in the mirror each morning.

See, in that image in particular the proportions are closer to a couple of boys than is to a couple girls, the faces are also pretty angled somethng typically associated with male characters. Curves are virtually inexistent and paired with the stern expression of the white haired character it only furthers the impression of the characters being boys.

last edited at Nov 17, 2015 1:39PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
Image Comments 17 Nov 11:55
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
Tumblr_n9fz2gioex1shl41eo1_1280

They do though

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Far as we know, all the girls on Bhikkhuni are hybrids. It could seems is a different strain of the Armed virus but we won't know for sure until the game is released.

If anyone's interested, CDJapan has the "They're Perverts!" and "MireMamo" shirts available

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/series/4483?order=new&opt.include_eoa=1&utm_source=MAIL&utm_medium=text-artistmail&utm_campaign=Valkyrie%20Drive-20151117-series-4483

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Mamori's character song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mq8A6bDohY

According to /a/ is Mamori singing about her feelings when she kissed a girl

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

More Bhikkhuni info

NSFW Link

https://www.lewdgamer.com/2015/11/15/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-reveals-information-weapons/

The PS Vita game Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni itself changes form when you activate “drive!” Here’s a bit of info on some of the weapons the girls can use!

The weapons that evolve and strengthen as you fight:
These weapons (nicknamed arms) change form when you drive. They get more powerful, even becoming capable of using the move “Drive Break.”

When you drive break these arms, their form changes, reflecting their newfound power. Driving requires synchro stock, however, so managing that will be a key to beating the game. Points: When you attack an enemy, your “synchro gauge” rises. When you fill it to max, your synchro stock stats filling up. You can use the stock for items and combo bonuses as well!

And here are some of the weapons these brave, beautiful girls will be using!

The girls all have their own weapons to match their individual personalities. Among them are tools such as gun/blade combos, dual swords, Japanese longswords, and various others. Comparing them is part of the fun of the game! They all have their own unique special moves and combos, so try them out and use the right one to fight the right situation!

Kagurazaka Rinka: Japanese Katana Normally hidden in its sheathe, she’ll unsheathe it when she gets excited. When it’s drawn, her movements and personality become very quick. As if she were a princess, the movements of her blade look like falling cherry blossoms.

Kagurazaka Ranka: Fists She uses kung fu to strengthen her body and uses her fists to annihilate enemies. Her fiery fighting style almost resembles that of a goddess of war.

Kuzuryu Momo: Lance Using a lance that holds 9 abilities, she can move it left, right, or all around the battlefield as she pleases. Her attack speed almost makes her seem like a whirlwind, blowing enemies away.

Inagawa Mana: Japanese Bow She can turn her own hair into a bow and attack enemies from range. In contrast to how nice it looks, it doesn’t even let the enemy get close.

Viola: Gun and Blade a gun and blade, she can attack enemies near and far. This is a style that allows for attacks regardless of the type of enemy or range of their attacks.

Manpukumaru Chang: Japanese Longsword Wielding two gigantic longswords, she slices enemies in half. Her movements are slow, but with an immense power that can’t be beat.

Tsukikage Koharu: Blade A blade that furnishes its user with both high offense and defense. With very refined movements, it’s almost as if she’s purifying foes with her sword.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

More yuri goodnes from Morizoh Arima!

Mirei-san
Even if it's the 13th, let's play the Pocky game!

That's not how you play the game!
Ah, there's chocolate in it
lick
!
I lost
(I lost!)

https://twitter.com/morizoh_arima/status/664862711931494400

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Unlike the past week episode, this one was pure filler. Fun, but ultimately filler.

Lots of great reactions from Mirei and her relationship with Mamori keeps being built on little a little (was hilarious how she only frowned at the idea of using Akira's uniform)

Meifong pulled quite the unusual movement but somehow, I can't help but think there's something more afoot there. Specially since her "arm" proved to be not that trustworthy on actual combat. We'll see I guess.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

To be fair, is dumb to expect realism from an story obviously written just because the author thought it would be fun.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This took an unexpected turn. I'm intrigued

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Mamori Wet Dream

Dark_Tzitzimine
Rapunzel discussion 14 Nov 14:30
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh man, I wasn't expecting this to be uploaded here. And so fast to boot!

This is freaking adorable, MamoMire are the best couple.

The artist did another small story, and it seems it has planned something for the next comiket so there is more yuri goodness coming.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Is pretty obvious Momoka's arrival will kickstart the major and final arc of the season but considering this sort of breather episodes I can't help but think that the series will end in a cliffhanger to be resolved on a (hopefully) second season.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Episode 6 Summary
It's "Mermaid Festival", sponsored by Welter and meant as a thing for everyone in the island, not just those in the castle. The centerpiece is the beauty pageant. Meifon wants to make money and convinces Mirei to enter the pageant somehow. Mirei undergoes "training" in order to win. Charlotte is the favorite to win (until now obviously). Lady J will also participate.