Forum › Posts by Ehhhhhhh

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I'm just distracted by the "I can't see the fireworks" plotline. Like ... Fireworks are in the sky. Especially if you're close to them, you're looking up

Ehhhhhhh
Citrus + discussion 24 Jun 12:29
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Once again I feel as if I'm reading an entirely different series than most posters here.

I also feel like you are. You're definitely reading a different comment section, at the very least. People aren't hugely invested in them fucking as you and Matsuri so indelicately put it just to be inflammatory. It's way more nuanced than that.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

This was simultaneously the best and worst thing Ayaka could have done.
Good to see she's still socially inept even though she's getting involved with more people.

Ehhhhhhh
Citrus + discussion 22 Jun 11:03
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Look, sex isn't all a relationship is about, but intimacy kind of is? I'm not even siding with Matsuri about them being *really close sisters", they're basically just regular sisters who say they're in a relationship. Whatever they're doing with one another: supporting one another, or whatever. There's literally no reason they couldn't do that as sisters, so if they're not actually going to be in a romantic relationship, then why have the pretense of being in a romantic relationship?

I know it ends up in marriage and all, but until then, why exactly has Citrus come to the point of them being openly in a romantic relationship if they're ... just not gonna be? No holding hands, no intimate touches, no kissing, nothing. The only romantic thing about Citrus+ is if you think Mei always on Yuzu's back about breaking school rules is somehow romantic...

And to top it all off, it was already annoying before it was lampshaded here. If this was a comedy manga, that would be gold. But in a drama/romance, it just seems to be making fun of the readers for expecting something we're never going to see.

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 11:33AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

The extra about surviving the handshake actually endeared the clearly suspicious new girl to me.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Oof. Speedrun to the confession.
Not mad, it seemed very natural, but it's disappointing that it couldn't be resolved. I'm glad they didn't just jump into everyone's in love and this is a happily ever after. This was very natural for a sudden ending.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Hmm... maybe that counts had something to do with the wolf attack. I hope we can get back to the present soon though, I want to see them kiss again XD

Hold your horses. We still have to see their "first" kiss before we can go back to the present ;)

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Talk about meta-discussion: All these people indignant that anyone would dare say that Risa is nicer and they don't like Hiroko. I'm not sure what the problem is with this? It's a valid form of discussion of the story. The notion that a reader might like Risa better doesn't mean that's the only way this story should go. The love triangle is still a part of the story, and therefore still worthy of being discussed.
The MC can get into a relationship with someone the readers disapprove of, and it's okay for the readers to disapprove of it, so I don't get this need to jump on anyone who expresses that sentiment.

Guess this is par for the weird Dynasty discussions course though. Sometimes people get hung up on the weirdest things. You'd think it'd be Team Risa who were upset because the story is already set, but it's actually Team Hiroko that are upset that other commenters think she's trash.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I feel for Risa however she's doing what Ayaka is doing but much worse. At least Hiroko likes Ayaka and is only avoiding her because of a desire to remain closeted at work. Ayaka has point blank said she's not really interested and has never shown a hint of going back on that, or even considering it further. Risa can find another great woman from the bar, honestly. They hounded her last time and are also lovely. Otherwise she's unfortunately setting herself up for failure, unless something drastic happens or she's just someone Ayaka settles for after giving up on Hiroko. I'd rather she avoid that.

Lol. What?
I mean, we can see Hiroko's thoughts, but Ayaka and everyone else in the story cannot.
From the perspective from everyone but us omniscient viewers, Hiroko has no interest in Ayaka, and that makes Ayaka and Risa exactly the same, not Risa worse.
Also, Ayaka didn't say "no, I'm not attracted to you", she just likes someone else. Weirdly enough, people can change...

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Anw, I've come to the conclusion that this is a comedy series and shouldn't be taken seriously.

This opinion makes me think you've never seen an action movie.
Or a comedy movie, for that matter.
One amusing misunderstanding doesn't make the whole thing a comedy.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

From what Sena said, I wouldn't be surprised if her breakup with Makino's sister was over having to pretend to be a man in front of their family and/or her sister's shame in being unable to introduce Sena as a woman/girlfriend.

What was her name...? Reina. I'll try to remember it.

No doubt about it, all the conventions and the way it's set up this is definitely the case. Sena is definitely sad and fed up with Reina pretending when she'd rather be open about it.

I can doubt. Why would the sis not have any idea why Sena broke up with her if she had been vocal about her displeasure about it?
Not to mention, that meeting with the parents was a while ago by now? Things seemed to be going okay afterwards, Makino got a lot of blackmail money.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Oof. That was a hella cruel thing to say, Sena.

I'm guessing there was some kind of misunderstanding there, but still. Oof.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I don't think there was anything "hidden" about those blushes, lol.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

So essentially what your saying is my crude assessment was basically right? Sigh. Oh well the story is good so far. I can pretty much pretend it's a normal yuri story as long as it leaves the whole bizarre sex anatomy in the abstract.

Me after reading the latest chapter : Damnit past me why couldn't you keep your big mouth shut?!

Bahaha. I'm cool with the some people being irresistible to one another, maybe against their will kind of story, but that pheromone... cloud being forced out was a bit far.

last edited at Jun 8, 2023 10:23AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

At the bit about cold baths in the winter making kids sick, I was like ... don't they have this thing called "fire" that's pretty good at heating water, at least a little bit?

Probably not, if their conditions are anything like real world medieval ages. Heated baths in tubs, as opposed to washing out of a basin, were for the nobility, and limited resources means fuel and hot water could go to what would seem like better uses. The other point in the chapter is that the people in this world don't have Yvonne's modern understanding of cleanliness and knowledge of what causes diseases

Yes, and that's why you wouldn't ... have a bath in cold water in the middle of winter. You'd use a basin and a cloth. Or, you would attempt to heat the water with whatever resources you had.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Speaking of my re-reading, I also re-read this forum for what people thought of each chapter, and I will say, the comments from the first two chapters Rio appeared in mostly end up becoming hilarious in retrospect

People always get mad at new characters because they assume they know exactly what will happen.
Despite the fact that they're rarely correct about what will happen, I find it crazy that people in general are so opposed to plot happening.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

At the bit about cold baths in the winter making kids sick, I was like ... don't they have this thing called "fire" that's pretty good at heating water, at least a little bit?

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

That shock was possibly a bit of an overreaction to Ruriko buying the book so they could read it at the same time...

last edited at Jun 6, 2023 9:14AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

@Kundara yeah the time travel was unnecessary imo if she isn't changing anything, and adds a bit of baggage that I'm not sold on to boot

If she didn't time travel, everything we've seen until now would not exist and we would be in the standard game story with Elsa instead going for one of the original love interests. She does not change anything of the past we've seen, yes, but the changes to the original game storyline are significant.

Meh, I can't say I agree with everyone who makes this claim 100%.
If Evie had to go back to the past to make sure that she could go back to the variation timeline she was in, then they wouldn't have been in a predicament which needed to be "fixed" by Evie going back in time. She was actually supposed to change something, not just play out the parts of her life she couldn't remember.

Time travel is always a whacky ride, and I don't think criticisms of it thus far are valid, but at the same time invalid. Time travel plots get wrapped up at the end, and everything will never be tied into a neat bow because of how different people think about time travel. As long as the author stays true to the rules they established, then what happened in the time travel is correct and valid. Complaining about assumed time travel plotholes is useless because ... time travel doesn't exist. There are a lot of ways it may play out in fiction, not all of them perfect, you just have to go with it in order for the storyline to exist at all... A bit like time travel in itself, actually.

last edited at Jun 6, 2023 9:07AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

There's a number of contradictions that I'm waiting to see if we get an explanation for. Elsa doesn't know who Yvonne is when they meet at school but remembers her from childhood. Yvonne can't tell Elsa her name but takes her back to her home with her so she obviously knows who she is. Time travel is always a headache of causality and while this isn't the worst example by far I'm of the firm opinion no story not specifically about time travel has ever been improved by the introduction of time travel

Elsa literally thinks about how she's been searching for the blonde girl who Evie reminds her of, and it takes her a little while to decide that yes, that is Evie. You can't say she doesn't remember her when she's clearly been mentioning a promise they made when they were little.

As for where Evie took Elsa back to: Elsa is a little kid, she's not exactly getting an address and committing it to memory. It's just "some noble house", and she doesn't know who Evie is in relation to that noble house, because she doesn't get told her name.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

So a fan fav. model starts dating a guy, and her career is over?! What's the hell is wrong with super fans?! Is it that they are so delusional they actually believe the have a shot at dating her, and the appearance of a boyfriend sends reality crashing down on them, making them bitter.

You can watch that mammoth "Episode 1" of Oshi No Ko to get some of the "reasons" for the thought process here. The episode is kind of obsessed with saying that mega fans "want to be lied to" - i.e. the lie that they have a chance.
Of course, that's total bull***t, because they only want one very specific lie. It's entirely plausible that with just one more lie, they could continue with their "I have a chance" nonsense, but they refuse to go through that. They don't want to be lied to, in my opinion. They want to be possessive. To feel powerful knowing they can control this one very large part of their idol's life, even if they'll never have them for real.

last edited at Jun 5, 2023 7:41AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

And here is finally an explanation for how Elsa's concept of "bullying" (at least by Evie) got warped so badly. Effectively, Elsa has imprinted on Smol!Evie as the first real caretaker she has had, so, like every abused child, she perceives any kind of attention from her caretaker, no matter how abusive, as loving and validating. Yes, I do think this story is dark AF behind all the cuteness.

You're thinking too hard about it to make it dark. We have chapters in which Elsa first reacted to Evie's bullying. She knew full well what bullying was and was more baffled than anything at the turn it took. In my hazy memory of the chapter, she didn't even really like it at first.

I'm not sure if there are more flashbacks to it, but go back and read chapter 14 for some of Elsa's thoughts about bullying.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Oof. Why would you call your sister incessantly to make her listen to you about being broken up with. You call once, maybe give it some time and call up to three times, then ask them to get back to you because it's important. The sisters are just as bad as each other, lol.

[MY theory/prediction: Mashiro was going to tell MC to wait a few more months/give her some times before she is ready to think about dating MC romantically before interrupted by MC's sister call...I doubt Mashiro is ready to start dating yet]

Hmm. possibly.
Another theory, I think, is that she might have said yes. Mashiro started by saying she's been thinking about it, and might have come to the conclusion that she would be dumped as a friend if she left her hanging for too long.

People asked for scum and they’re getting scum.

A lot of people seem to have this opinion: that this is the scummiest she can be, but she was being honest. There's nothing scummy about telling someone you want to be with them like that. She didn't say that if she was rejected she would stop being Mashiro's friend. Why should she keep hiding the fact that she wants a relationship just because Mashiro wanted to be friends?

last edited at Jun 5, 2023 7:08AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

You are arguing something fundamentally different than I am, and it's very frustrating. You're being obtuse.
This story could. 100%. Be written differently. Your argument that it cannot is nonsensical. You can parody magical girls by making them into BDSM, but woe to you if you parody magical girls by ... making them older?

You're also very angry that anyone would question your thought process, which is infuriating. I already said that it is okay this exists, but you keep approaching me from the angle that I'm saying it's not, and that's very disingenuous of you, which makes it a pointless discussion. I was only making a point that people can question why this exists, and you are not in a position to hypocritically take some kind of opposite moral high ground that no one is allowed to object to this based on the character ages and themes.

That is all. I was trying to say. End of my trying to make a rational discussion about this. If you try to argue a point further that I'm not making (including ridiculous notions that this is indeed the "only way" this story could ever possibly be writen), then I'm not going to engage with you on it any further.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Asumi, asking all the right questions.
What a wonderful chapter.