Forum › Posts by Doctor_Hoot

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

That said,the events of this chapter of a series that finally got an update is a little on the nose if one takes a look at the Girls' Frontline community in the past 24 hours.

This chapter came out a few months ago (ch 5 is the latest)

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

So Xiong knew Huo's mother? But she forgot about the dream, and Huo probably doesn't know about this connection either.

The suicide attempt was kind of a jumpscare, but I think the scene was drawn well. Xiong's super strength came in handy.

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Tachi is so based for this

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Mistress must be an expert at repressing

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I keep thinking about the concept of a ghost turning into an "evil spirit" that's in lots of manga and ghosts, typically tied to refusing to pass on long enough and/or harming the living. Aizawa is doing both, although only on a minor scale did far. But she's escalating over time, seemingly without any conscious ill intent: she's gone from ripping up that script and making Michi bleed to slamming Michi in the head with a soccer ball to even possessing someone, even if that last one could be justified. She seems to be going down a bad road for a ghost to go.

I kind of like that Aizawa acts on impulses (or instinct?) so much. I imagine impulse control is more difficult when a person is so isolated. (That is, if we can even talk about impulse control when someone doesn't have a physical brain, much less a frontal lobe.)

It's like being strapped in a simulation pod Matrix style, but in the simulation you're confined to one location, can't speak to anyone, and your only way to interact with the world is weak telekinesis or possession.

So for Aizawa, seeing Michi and the others continue to treasure her memory must have been key to maintaining her sanity. Learning that Michi and the senpai know that she's present could make a huge difference for her, so I really hope this happens soon.

last edited at Apr 16, 2023 10:02AM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I like the way the challenges the actors face in the competition sort of parallel the obstacles in Jing Xiu and Ji Youyan's relationship. It sounds kind of basic when I put it this way, but it really is quite nice.

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

When Sir Lan remained calm in the face of the gruesome come scene and her partner had to go throw up, I thought "damn, she's just built different". But then she had the flashback and fainted... That's rough man

Thank you for the update!

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017
Vvkagerouvvr2-1644981276259274755-img1

Suletta says "but I'm a woman" in ep 1, so the idea that she's a boy is completely unserious, without any evidence

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Where are you getting "Lapsis" from? Her name is Lapis, probably named after the blue semi-precious stone lapis lazuli

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

That was a lot to take in, but it only makes me all the more curious. And excited, shit's getting good, I feel. I think the senpai seemingly seeing and touching Aizawa is going to be something of a bait and switch, similar to how it was played with the dude whose name I cannot remember right now. Another likely route would be that she is able to see Aizawa, or spirits in general, but her ability will be less potent than Michi's. Also I do not know how Michi's gonna save herself from what she's gotten into, but I wish her luck.

The same senpai spotted Aizawa from a distance at the end of ch 5, but it's possible that she doesn't know she's a ghost.

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Bear becoming an emotional support dog / ghost whisperer for Shoot is a cute idea

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Ah yes BoNiji a great blessing. I wholeheartedly agree

many people are saying this

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Is the short story the joke?

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Give that woman a raise

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

"Can you help me take off my underwear?"

This request is so obvious that even Liao Liao would get it.. right?

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Het (hardcore) in the source: https://dynasty-scans.com/images/26395

Especially jarring because the image uploaded here is not NSFW...

It's in the first reply to the tweet, so it's right at the bottom of the screen when I open the link - screenshot

The last time I suggested a tag, but honestly it might be good enough if the uploader just left a comment under the image with a warning

last edited at Mar 31, 2023 11:08PM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Has Majime always been just a headpat away from pouncing on Shimeji? I guess she must have felt pretty vulnerable, missing her parents and all? (Not that I mind a surprise surrealist sex scene.) I wonder if this will have an effect on their relationship

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

It's so cute how going on a "real date" is just as much of a new territory for Asumi as it is for Nanao.

I think that Asumi's experiences with sex, all of which have been paid and with strangers, instead of soothing her "thirst", might increase the yearning to do it with someone she knows well? That could be one reason why the temptation to do it with Nanao was so strong by the end of their date that she was the one who suggested it.

Well, who knows, Nanao might have been able to sweep Asumi off her feet regardless. Although, without their lesbian brothel adventures, they might have lacked the boldness to go to a love hotel after one date

last edited at Mar 29, 2023 6:28PM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I would not be holding my breath, honestly. The last anime TV series that adapted an "officially" Yuri manga that did not reach a minimum length of 8 volumes before or after the anime, was Riddle Story of the Devil in 2014. Also worth noting that in that case the anime already premiered less than a month after vol. 2 of the manga, so the anime entered production really fast. We're five volumes into this one, ending with the sixth, and there's no word about an anime...

Because most anime come from light novels nowadays. Magirevo, IFTV, etc are all finished LNs or close to by this point.

Also Vampeerz is getting one and Looking up to Magical Girls was JUST announced. Also Bloom is 6 volumes. Citrus 5

You might want to double-check... Bloom into You ran for 8 volumes, Citrus for 10. Vampeerz will end at 9 volumes. Gushing over Magical Girls is at 9 and still running.

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 7:57PM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

How come this manga has a yuri tag? There are no romantic relationships between the three main characters. Both the kitsune and the Ningyo protect Hinako at all cost but with different motives. At no times do these three show signs of being gay.

Romance or sexuality can be a basis of Yuri, but a story can also belong in the genre if the relationship in focus is intense in some other way. Plus it's an official designation from the author.

But also, I don't know what else to call this scenario anyway. Two monster girls, desperately trying to keep a human girl alive, even though one of them has to fight the urge to eat her, and the other one also wanted to eat her until the monster blood transfusion... I think I understand what the author is going for (although I wouldn't mind if the story took an explicitly romantic turn).

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I kind of assumed that Natalia would have to pull the sword out of Sara's chest, Utena style, but that really could be wrong. Something like Sara wielding the sword and Natalia supplying her with wind magic, or something similarly cooperative, could be fun as well.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Finally, in chapter 11, they had serious cheating action. I could have glossed over the details of that part of the story, but I knew I couldn't escape from the explicit representation of "she cheated on her", so I drew it clearly,

She is braver than the troops for not running away from this important mission O7

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

So Obsidian's super secret agenda at this particular university is just... Food and shelter?

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Ari is so hot I can even forgive that she smokes indoors

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Now that Nanase knows about the cheating, I wonder where the story can go