Forum › Posts by Alvis

Alvis
WDTFS fans - off topic 30 May 14:54
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

My degree is in physics. For the most part, my family is supportive but a lot of the males give me a hard time. It's so wonderful the way they completely invalidate my degree and apparently think fixing an AC is akin to engineering. I swear every 5 minutes they'd ask me inane questions such as "Why does this float? C'mon, it's just physics. You probably only add and subtract all day" You're wrong. I just use cute little equations like x=y, all day. >__> //end rant

Was never an issue for me with my family since they're mostly doctors and engineers anyway, but I was surrounded by guys in the math department when I was in college. I remember taking a real analysis course which was an upper level requirement for all math majors, and there were only 2 other women in a class of 30. It was almost all international students as well. I was the only female US citizen of the bunch, and even I'm the child of first generation immigrants. There were more women when I took statistics courses, but regardless, if you're in a scientific or mathematical field that isn't biology, you're going to be in the minority as a woman and people are going to have an abundance of misconceptions about what you've studied.

Yeah, I'm quickly finding this out to be true.. A lot of males think I just add and subtract all day. I think I'm also like the 2nd female out of 30 people in my complex analysis course. I know there are only 2 females in the entire physics department >__> What degree/field are you in, dofudofu?

last edited at May 30, 2016 2:54PM

Alvis
Citrus discussion 30 May 14:38
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Is anyone else kind of surprised Mei is attracted to Yuzu? I like them as a couple for the sake of the story, but sometimes I have difficulty seeing those two types of people naturally together...

IMO, not really. Yuzu got to show off her good points several times.

Ahh, I see. It's probably just me then.

Alvis
Yuru Yuri discussion 30 May 14:28
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Long live Kyoko; we need more characters like her~

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Sumin's actions towards Seju in the last chapter were not as cold as her daily actions at all, that's why I believe she was trying to hurt Seju as least as possible too. Her admitting that she still loved Seju was so uneasy/awkward, but she still tried to speak it out, and her acting that she was wrong towards Seju, her saying sorry, and her having tear in her eyes were really nice of her. There are many cruel ways to break up with your lover, what Sumin did is surely not one of those methods. The fact that Sumin leaving Seju is not going to bring herself any benefit at all, she is losing her job, she is losing Seju, and the fact that what she did is to avoid hurting Sungji make me really want to support that one decision of her. Sumin should have left Seju 10 years ago, I may say she is 10 years late, so not to be any later unless it's so obviously that a delay would bring a better outcome in regards to both Seju and Sungji.

What really concerns me now is whether or not she will fail and go back to Seju again. She can't be that cheap, right? Also, how Seju is going to be alive from now on.

Interesting point. I probably would have cut ties with Seju in a similar way but refrained from saying "I love you" as it would only be hurting both parties...I think adding that was a bit cruel, but not the most cruel way to end it.

In my experience, the temptation was always there to rebound to "that ex" but Sumin seems at a pivotal point in her life. Surely she wouldn't ruin her efforts in vain?

Alvis
WDTFS fans - off topic 30 May 14:20
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Hi waifu, good to see you here :P

Oh my, I would definitely struggle to write a 50 page paper SoftLikeSteel. What you're writing seems really interesting, so perhaps that takes the edge off a bit?

I just got back from visiting relatives all weekend. It was a nice lake house and I love them, but I grew tired of hearing them invalidate my degree >__>

Alvis Oh? Do you mind if I ask what you have a degree in?
As an art kid, let's just say that I've received judgement from a lot of people in my life as well lol. I think I was lucky however, in the sense that my fam has been quite supportive of my career path.

How are you Newp?
My degree is in physics. For the most part, my family is supportive but a lot of the males give me a hard time. It's so wonderful the way they completely invalidate my degree and apparently think fixing an AC is akin to engineering. I swear every 5 minutes they'd ask me inane questions such as "Why does this float? C'mon, it's just physics. You probably only add and subtract all day" You're wrong. I just use cute little equations like x=y, all day. >__> //end rant

I was pretty close to going to art college; people definitely give you a hard time about that! Do you have a website? I'd love to see your work.

Alvis
Citrus discussion 30 May 14:10
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Is anyone else kind of surprised Mei is attracted to Yuzu? I like them as a couple for the sake of the story, but sometimes I have difficulty seeing those two types of people naturally together...

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

I understand the Sumin wanted to be honest with Seju and lay things bare..., however, I think telling Seju that she loved her was not the best course of action. It would have been easier to have a clean cut between the two of them had she not admitted that. On the other hand, maybe Sumin wanted Seju to hate her a little bit--hoping the hate would be the best way to get a clean cut because she knew she had been hurting Seju these past 10 years.

Alvis
WDTFS fans - off topic 29 May 20:31
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Oh my, I would definitely struggle to write a 50 page paper SoftLikeSteel. What you're writing seems really interesting, so perhaps that takes the edge off a bit?

I just got back from visiting relatives all weekend. It was a nice lake house and I love them, but I grew tired of hearing them invalidate my degree >__>

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

I am teampink, but I understand that they do more harm than good for each other at this point... That being said, I don't think Sumin and Sungji are incompatible but just a bit....dull? For me at least, that's probably because not as much is revealed about her (in comparison to Seju and Sumin). Maybe if her character was a bit more fleshed out I'd be more of a teamblonde advocate. That's not to say I hate them as a couple.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

My love for Seju is so deep; it breaks my heart that she isn't with Sumin ;___: but, I understand Sumin's position for initiating a clean cut between them as I've been there myself. While Sung-Ji is such a sweet and wholesome girl, I prefer the dynamic Sumin and Seju had.

Alvis
WDTFS fans - off topic 27 May 00:24
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

/stares at Alvis/ Mmmm. Fresh meat. Perfect.

nervously gulps H-hey there o/

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Was talking about ds3, Servers only do the matchmaking, hosting is by the player who's world we get into.
Peer-to-peer. Netcode may be better, but nothing I'd consider good, kinda mediocre.

Oh really? I had no idea. That does put a damper on things...

Alvis
Anime season 26 May 03:27
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

I know this came out around 11 months ago, but has anyone watched Fate/Stay night Unlimited Blade Works? I'm a little late on the bandwagon, but I was gobsmacked at how polished it was! Very smooth and fluid use of both 2D and 3D animations along with a better telling of Fate/Stay night by Studio DEEN.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Wish Dark Soul's PVP wasn't peer-to-peer, I cannot play multiplayer games with erratic delay. Even victories fill me with frustration.

"This feels disgusting" is all I can think =/

As much diatribe and criticism Dark Souls 2 earned, the PVP connection was drastically improved. I love Dark Souls 1, but the peer-to-peer connection really grated my gears 9 out of 10 times. The lagstabs were brutal >__> Thankfully, Dark Souls 3 has dedicated servers this time as well.

Alvis
WDTFS fans - off topic 26 May 03:14
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Welcome to our thread btw :) you seem to be new?

Ah, thank you for the welcome! I was unsure if I missed a welcome/newbie thread or if this forum didn't have one.
I am new to the forum, although, I've been faithful to this site's scans~

Alvis
WDTFS fans - off topic 26 May 03:05
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Hi Alvis
Which country r u from?
R u F or M?

Hello, Rainy365 o/

I hail from the States and I am female.
Yourself?

Alvis
WDTFS fans - off topic 26 May 02:23
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Where I live, it's been really hot and humid for a long time. I wish our "fall" lasted longer than a fortnight. Our seasons consist of 45% summer, 5% fall, 45% winter, and 5% spring. >__>

Alvis
WDTFS fans - off topic 26 May 02:02
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

That sounds lovely Newp! I've been thinking of buying an olive green bomber jacket for the fall...but I'm also trying to be frugal with my earnings ;___;

Alvis
WDTFS fans - off topic 24 May 22:16
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Cooking takes a lot of practice. You really have to familiarize yourself with your kitchen and the tools. For me at least, once I have a good grasp on how my equipment functions and its quirks,the rest is just following a set of instructions. Knowing that not all recipes are created equal, you need to try a few recipes to find the one that is best for you. Usually I'll follow the recipe exactly the first time, and if I thought it was good enough to reuse, then I'll tailor the recipe to my tastes.

Alvis
Pulse discussion 24 May 22:07
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

This is definitely my favorite piece from Ratana! I read Mentality but was overall ambivalent. I checked out Lily Love and it is a nice fluff story, however, I didn't really feel attached to any of the characters. Pulse is refreshing to read thanks to it not being a stereotypical cute/short-lived high school romance.

Worth the coin expenditure~

Alvis
Fanfictions 24 May 21:54
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

One of my favorite fanfictions is Cramoisi by 7rabbits. The pairing is ShizNat and it is well written. Another one of my favorite fanfics is mostly anything written by ShayP; you should definitely check her out!

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

I'm an avid souls fan as well and I thoroughly enjoyed Dark Souls 3. I think FromSoft did an excellent job incorporating the best/fan favorite aspects from prior games. I was not disappointed with it as I was with Dark Souls 2. It's by far the most dynamic souls game! If I had to chose which FromSoft game was my favorite, I'd probably go with Bloodborne. I've been dying to play Salt and Sanctuary~