Forum › Posts by majere

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This seems a lot more Tragedy or perhaps even Depressing as fuck than Drama. I feel like the tagging's been particularly inaccurate lately.

But we've got to preserve the twist in the 4 page long comic /s. Dynasty's tagging system is terrible and half-assed unless it's tagging fetishes.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I swear, most of the girls in this manga don't seem to have a working libido.

Adolescence is a time of bursting sexuality and raging hormones. The brains of these girls should be going overdrive with sensual urges. And yet, most of them show zero sexual reaction to physical stimuli: even when they are alone in the house with their love interest and have just shared a kiss on the mouth, they don't seem to be aware of what comes next.

Some are exceptions. There's Nao, the pervy one, and then Mio and Shizuka; they're the biggest exceptions. Kaoru, big vamp that she is, must have a sexual interest in all those girls she seduces. And Mari actually has had onscreen orgasms, helped by Yuu... who strangely never seems to be turned on by the sadistic things she does (she does enjoy herself, yes, but it appears to be purely cerebral).

And what about the others?

Everyone else's hormones seem to be out of commission. [¬_¬]

Not constantly talking about and acting on your libido =/= not having one. Japan doesn't exactly foster a culture of women/girls being open and upfront about their sexual needs and wants and that is reflected in its media. Also, this is one of the horniest non-smut works on this site I don't know what you're smoking.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

The power of gap moe strikes again.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Although I will agree, even if Honda does have somewhat good intentions, the whole situation is kinda weird if you actually look into it, I sorta get it if it's just a random classmate or whatever, but why would you blackmail the girl you love like that?

Because you care more about satisfying your desires than you do about their well being and happiness. A decent person's response to someone they claim to care about asking them for a favour that actually benefits both of them would be to just do the favour rather than use it as leverage to get physical intimacy from them.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Ah jeez, thought i will avoid it here. I got said to much good thigs by peoples than when Ch.1 pop up i was curious and boy it was a letdown. Rei is annoying to say the least.I agree with the person saying it's a worse version of "The real her", it's at least who Ch.1 feel. At least in The real her, Moe's behaviour was tied (no pun intented) to her M tendency, here it's more because Rei is obsses with Claire and just want her attention and i believe tie in some way in some fact that she want to stay near Claire to save her from death (this one is obvious if you know the Otome Isekai genre, the villainness is almost always bound to get kill). Anyway, will being obvious if you know it, if you don't then you just have an annoying happy go-luvky MC and a pridful bully MC.
Anyway, kinda kill my hype even if peoples told it got better after but after when ? I heard it got more than 110 chapter and i highlydoubtthere was 5 chapters of th WN in this chapter so we're probably on a 30 chapters manga on a monthly basis which frankly don't really help me to keep the hype i've already lost. I will probably wait and see for next chapter. And before "read the WN/LN", i won't because i pratically never read WN/LN (exception be Adachi to Shimamura and it's mostly because it's ipload here) and it's on a genre that i don't really appreciate.

Give it more time, it changes tone pretty significantly in the WN as the story progresses so it likely will in the manga adaptation as well.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

As an MC, Bakarina is infinitely better than Rei (thankfully manga Rei has more personality than novel Rei).

Ehh, I honestly disagree. I feel Bakarina get more and more boring as the story goes on, while Rei gets better and better.

It’s okay to disagree! It opens up more room for discussion. I found Rei to be a rather bland, empty shell of a character. In my opinion, her not so defined personality is good for allowing the reader to insert themselves into the character. But I personally enjoy characters with strongly defined personalities, such as Bakarina. Why do you feel that Rei gets better as the story progresses? Do you think Rei experiences any character growth and how?

Rei not being a harem protagonist is a big mark in her favour for me.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I have mixed feelings about the webnovel as I found the non-romance parts of the plot not particularly interesting despite how much time was spent on them so I guess I'll just have to see how faithful this is to the original text. I wouldn't be at all unhappy if it abridged a lot of things.

majere
Image Comments 16 Jun 15:23
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016
Eyrz8k9vaaukh2q-orig

^Because it's a good aesthetic.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Isn't there a 'Molestation' tag or something to that effect? I think that may be more accurate but it's kind of up for interpretation because there's only half a page detailing what happened.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Also damn, the girlfriend is being really shitty about this.

Which is more believable: the guy you've been dating for literal months is actually a girl and has been pretending to be a dude the whole time or they're playing a bizarre joke on you? The confession being a weird prank is actually the less insane possibility here.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Well, with the reveal, it means it's nearing its end.

I thought this line of thought was faulty as a defense of perpetuating the single joke the series started on, and I still think it's silly now that the joke is over.

There are numerous comical romance stories out on the market that do not live or die on any one single joke built into their premise. Why do you think this one HAS to rely entirely on this one gag to continue?

It could continue on and be about them blundering through relationship challenges as a manzai comedy duo. Or Kanda could have to keep perpetuating the gender lie on Ookuma's parents in order to marry her, (or out of fear of reprisal) Or they could just be a cute lovey-dovey couple who gets into funny situations. Or a rival could show up that turns their world upside down, or any of a billion different comically oriented plotlines.

Yeah this series' comedy potential never actually depended on the lie, it was more of a crutch than anything else. Ookuma and her family's weirdness on its own is a great well of comedic material.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Thanks for doing the job the tags are supposed to do and letting me not read content with shit I hate in it comment section.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Time for me to be let down by the ending of another Neji work

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Well that left me with zero emotions whatsoever. It just kinda ended with a generic wishy-washy time skip ending and I was kind just left here like "Oh okay I guess it's over."

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Boring.

I hope she rejects him.

Same.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Still cute, though turning into a "mutual refusal to communicate" plot.

Have we even seen this girl before? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_aside_told_to_you_ch03#18

And does Haruka's barista friend https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_aside_told_to_you_ch02#5 have a name? I didn't notice one on a quick re-read.

I wouldn't really compare it because the thing Haruka doesn't want to talk about isn't some super important thing pivotal to their relationship that Nao needs to know, it's a pretty personal and seemingly traumatic experience in her past that really isn't time sensitive which is why Nao is leaving it alone instead of pushing just to sate her own curiosity.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yumimi's gentle refusal to accept Nonono's self-deprecation is great and I love it.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I rolled my eyes so hard they almost fell out of my head, I'm so done with these cliffhangers.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Am I alone in thinking Nagi might be making up all that about her past? Well, not that I'd bet money on it, but it seemed a little too tidy.

"Tidy" definitely isn't how I'd characterize years of systematic emotional abuse and neglect by every man in her life.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This is actually really sweet.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Sheesh people really don't like these types of things huh? Lol

It's almost like when you don't tag that a work has rape people who find rape gross will end up reading it and be unhappy about it.

^^As to my above post- id assume whoever tagged it didnt see it as rape- this delinquent who used to fight all the time let it happen. Why didnt she stop her? I bet she could waste the older girl easy.

"Well why didn't they just fight the rapist off?" For real people? I feel like I'm in a bad satirical sketch.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Sheesh people really don't like these types of things huh? Lol

It's almost like when you don't tag that a work has rape people who find rape gross will end up reading it and be unhappy about it.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I was really hopping Momo was gonna get up and pummel the prince for touching her senpai like that.

Yeah, all that protectiveness from page 5 amounted to squat when it actually would have been useful.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I love delinquent yuri but this just crossed the line. This should be tagged with rape imo.

Nah, fingering someone against their will in the library is apparently just regular girl's school skinship. Just gals being pals and, you know, raping each other in public while the victim's friend just kind of watches and does nothing to help her.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Oh noes—the Dynasty in-joke about handholding threatens the very integrity of Tagging itself.

Can civilization survive? Inquiring minds want to know.

I wish you could control your pathological need to be snide any time you disagree with someone.