Forum › Posts by Seira

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I love these two.

Juliamo best language.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Took some time before it arrived on dynasty(・Д・) i read it on mangafox lol.. like 1 week ago?

You may have read the version done by SquigglesJP, which is full of small inaccurate translations here and there (I could make a list). The one released on Dynasty is done by White Garden, which is more accurate and true to the original text.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

The main character isn't a "yuri". If only, she would be interested, eventually, by the ex-delinquent biker.

Only the Kabbadi sempai is actually somewhat gay.

It seems they actually became a couple in the next few manga chapters.
And yeah, Kabbadi girl is gay 100% and she use the kabbadi mostly as a way to grope girls (And she passed this curse to the biker's smaller sister, we still don't know what danger it may create)

This post should probably be spoiler tagged (as I've done above).

Chio and Andou are dating as of the latest chapter. The manga ends next month, so it's likely that it's the end pairing (even though I was secretly rooting for Manana this whole time ;_;)

On another note, I believe chapter 44 should be the last chapter of the series.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Uh, Shuwarin is best song, okay. :^)

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Asking people who know the language:

Are the names “Kaoru” and “Kuro” as parallel in Japanese as they are in English?

Nope. IIRC (don’t remember that well), Kaoru is 薫瑠 and Kuro is just クロエ (her real name - it might even be “Chloe”).

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Not sure if this adds to anything, but in the raw, the short exchange between Uta & Kuro about Uta’s mom is:

Kuro: Do you dislike her?
Uta: Nope.
Uta: I hate her.

Shows how much Uta really spites her mother.

Seira
Happy Nest discussion 26 Jul 00:09
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

bitfarb posted:

it would've been better if the playgirl was the one who fell head over heels instead

Do we have any good stories like that here? Something where the confident player gets all flustered and loses her mojo would be fun!

This one should fit it then https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/pure_hearted_playgirl#2

I love how it’s actually just called Pure Hearted Playgirl, LOL. So straightforward.

(Not the person who commented originally, but thanks for sharing!)

Seira
Citrus discussion 20 Jul 08:18
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Bend to her grandfathers will despite telling her own father 'no' when she was 10 years old? Nope, has nothing to do with her grandfather. He has a plan and she is completely complicit with it. At no point did her force her to do anything. This marriage is probably not even a requirement, probably something she thinks she ought to do in order to be more successful.

Evidently she isn't doing any of these things because she wants to, and I said that she herself probably feels like she must accept the responsibilities as an Aihara family member since her father left. In a way, sure, she's completely complicit with it in that she's doing everything without really complaining about it or voicing her concerns, but it looks to me like she's only doing it because this is the only world that she knows - these are the expectations she grew up with. As dumb as it may sound, she probably thought she had no other options anyway, and it's made more convenient because she herself wouldn't even know what she would want to do even if she objected to inheriting the school. When Yuzu came along, she essentially taught Mei to make her own decisions and to just do the things that she wants to do.

Or of course, tried to. We can clearly see how well that lesson stuck with Mei.

Again, her father asked to come with him and she said no. Nothing was ever shown that she was pressured into staying. The responsibility wasnt forced on her. She chose to accept it all on her own despite her father giving her an easy way out of she ever wanted it.

I'd just chalk it up to self-imposed expectations. We don't see enough of gramps to know just how much he wants from Mei though. Perhaps she accepted everything because she didn't want to disappoint anyone, and again, she probably didn't have anything else she wanted to do anyway--- Actually, thinking about it now, we don't really see much of Mei's thoughts, so who knows what that girl is thinking.

Except she isnt sheltered. She lived by herself since she was a child, she is smart, has a lot of friends, everyone as school adores her, is able to run the school by herself, was engaged and making out with her teacher behind the school, groping Yuzu in front of everyone, making out with her the next day, and easily outplays Matsuri. She is smarter and more experienced than most people in their late 20s.

I don't see how living by herself makes her less sheltered. She seems like the type that just goes to school, buys what she needs, comes home, studies - rinse and repeat for several years. She is academically intelligent (=/= socially intelligence), her "friends" seem to be just girls that follow her around because she's admirable (cool beauty, smart, daughter of the chairman) so I'm not so sure if they're her actual friends, her making out with the teacher was probably just her doormat personality slipping through again, I have zero excuses for her assaulting Yuzu x4 times or outplaying Matsuri. Although, none of those qualities make her more experienced than people in their late 20s, lol.

Honestly, that aside, I don't think Mei's a well-written character, nor do I think Citrus is a well-written story. I'm not trying to argue that Mei is a good character, but I don't think her struggles (such as feeling pressured by trying to live up to other peoples' expectations, wanting to be praised by other people, and feeling like there isn't anything else that she wants to do in particular) are unrealistic for a girl at this age--- save for the part where she assaults her step-sister.

She is a pretty questionable character though, because OoOoOo DraMa, and she could've saved us like 30 chapters had she just communicated with Yuzu... about like... anything... Why Yuzu likes Mei is way beyond me.

Seira
Citrus discussion 20 Jul 01:18
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Nope, Mei is just a horrible person. She was written to be a horrible person and a large portion of the audience just sees it for what it is. Mei isnt a victim of any kind. Everything bad that has happened in this manga was purely due to Meis personal decisions and actions. She chose to get engaged to the teacher, she chose the school over her own father, she chose to assault Yuzu several times, she chose to officially start dating Yuzu, and then she chose to get engaged again just to further her own career.

She cant even have the "muh family!" excuse when the majority of her family doesnt want her to do the things she is doing.

I definitely agree that her character is terribly written (speaking from a Western audience perspective) and has caused unnecessary drama for like at least 30 of these chapters, but looking at her as a teenage girl, she probably felt like she had no other choice but to bend to her grandfather's every will, especially at the beginning of the story. Sure, she technically could've said "No" at anytime, but also keep in mind that her grandfather was the one who raised her throughout part of her childhood when her father decided to peace it. When she was younger, Mei was also the type that wanted to be praised and recognized for her efforts, so when her father left and dumped all of his responsibilities as the next heir onto her, she probably accepted it without a second thought so she could appease both her father and her grandfather. This is something believable to me since she's like, freshly 16 or something, and this was all she had ever known.

I can overlook the incident of her being engaged to the teacher, her wanting to take over the academy against her "will" (I say "will" because she's never communicated to her grandfather that she didn't want to do it, LOL thanks Mei), and the current arc. I think it's quite reasonable from someone who has been sheltered for their entire life.

Yeah, idk about the other things she's done though, LOL. What made her think it was a good idea to kiss Matsuri? Why did she assault her own sister on day one?? Why did she continue to assault her sister??? Why did she think it was a good idea to prank Yuzu and date Sara for like, 4 hours???? Why was she so secretive for 40 chapters????? Wait, how did Yuzu even come to like someone that assaulted her?????? I'm so confused, LOL.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

This is amazing :')

Do you have any personal recommendations?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Hmm, considering Nanaki ends up removing her makeup and is completely okay with being ostracized by the popular group in a later chapter, I wonder if this will change Kanade’s opinion of her.

Seira
Citrus discussion 18 Jul 22:52
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Here's how I think the next chapter will go:

32 pages of Mei being a dick to Yuzu, 1 page of Yuzu screaming at Mei about love or being true to themselves, one page of Mei crying into Yuzu's arms or whatever, one page of everything fixed in the most convoluted and rushed way in the world, and the final page is a kiss or whatever.

There, this is how it will go, I saved you the wait until august

Aww, only 32?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

inb4 surprise twist Nika-chan falls in love with Kyou-chan

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

The worst way this could go is that it switches to Asukas point of view when Mikaze already has a new girlfriend and it turns into bitter regret that she couldn't speak up back then. Hate those kind of storylines

…I might be a horrible person, but that would make me laugh. XD

Not gonna lie, I would laugh too, LOL.

Asuka looks like a standard self-loathing character, so she rejects everything that might make her happy or close to it; perhaps in hope that Mikaze will chase her or she just genuinely think it shouldn't happen cause it brings up thing she doesn't like.

That makes me think that Mikaze has a very rose-tinted view of Asuka in general. She keeps saying that she "lives in a dazzling way", but what we see is a gloomy and lonely girl, except when she's cosplaying.

Are they not both seeing each other through rose-tinted lenses? Asuka seems to admire Mikaze in the same way she admires Seira (lol, admire me pls). She really hints at it in this page. It looks like the both of them want what they think the other has. It's good to see that Mikaze has started to find her own footing in this chapter, realizing that she doesn't need to be exactly like the girl she dearly admires in order to be happy - she just wants to be with her. If only Asuka could make the same realization. :(

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

SO this is going to be a 23 chapters series or do we have to boycott?

Super Friends

I don't know, that seems like a bit of a Stretch to me.

S is for Story (S)

I like that. The "S" in "Class S" stands for story!

Okey. It's not yuri or subtext. It's girlship.

How about we just shoot both the yuri and subtext tags and everything is Gal Pals now?
There constant debates over

We should've just kept all the April Fool's joke tags. Lots of Friendship

Class Story, Girlship and Lots of Friendship. I'm liking these new and innovative tag ideas.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

How about we just shoot both the yuri and subtext tags and everything is Gal Pals now?
There constant debates over

there is no discussion of sorts, it's tagging and their standards to assume one with underlying tones it's yuri and others with same underlying tones it's subtext (Hanigare????)

Idk man, everything seems to fit Gal Pals perfectly fine.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Chapter 42.
Wow. Both of them are struggling to find their own footing and believing that they're not what the other needs or wants. I'm happy to see that Mikaze took the initiative to find her identity in this chapter. She's got her first foot forward now, even if it doesn't bring Asuka back. Ironically, it is actually Mikaze who ends up being strong enough to accept that she doesn't need to, and will not change for the sake of someone else in the end, seeing as how Asuka still thinks she herself isn't enough for Mikaze on the last page.

last edited at Jul 10, 2018 11:01PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

See the problem with gag manga is if the gag wears thin (and it has super hard here) there are two choices, either you produce actual development or you keep trying at the gag even as people get more and more sick of it.
Regardless these two are not good for each other at all,Hishikawa needs someone who isn't a total jerk at times to her and actually gets her to cut her bullshit and express her love in a more proper way.

As they are even if the two got together it'd be very short lived.

I wonder how it's faring in Japan though (I personally have no idea). The manga isn't geared towards us overseas readers, so it doesn't matter much if we think the gags are wearing thin. Again, I have no idea how the reception is in Japan :P

On an unrelated note,

IIRC the gags continue up to chapter 18-19, where something serious -- err, "serious" for this type of manga - happens. I haven't read the raws for 20 and onward though.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I’m pretty sure this is just meant to be a gag manga, so there should be no expectations for it to change (it might, but I’m saying don’t expect it).

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Oh, good, a Yuri vs. Subtext tag war—those are always so delightfully informative and productive.

Maybe we can get a threesome going with Yuri crush.

Psh, everything should just be tagged as Gal Pals.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Lol everyone hates the MC but I actually love when a protagonist starts off as a bad person and develops into a better one over time. For me it's way more interesting than when the MC starts off as really nice and bland, I'm looking forward to see where this series goes.

Not saying that this isn't interesting but Nanaki really pushes all of my buttons and I'm hoping for more sweet justice.
But if Nanaki only starts liking Kurokawa because she makes her "cuter" by dressing her up and making her wear make-up then consider this manga dropped

Only 4 chapters of the raw are out right now, so it's too early to say, but it does seem like it's going down this route, LOL.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yay, it’s here :’)

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Hachimitsu only works with tankobons, so it will probably be months before the next update. Perhaps we, too, will forget the whole rape thing in the meantime. Somehow I doubt it, though.

Well, see you guys in about a year, LOL :’)

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Damn, I’m a total sucker for these kinds of pairings (where girl A is always mad at girl B for being wishy-washy, but with good intentions, and where girl B always manages to charm girl A with her clumsiness and earnest feelings) ( ´ ▽ ` )

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

One more chapter and then the translations will be all caught up :’) Not that it gets better for those who dislike seeing Aoi and Kohane becoming friends - understandable, btw.

last edited at Jul 5, 2018 9:38PM