Forum › Posts by Goggled Anon

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

rederoin posted:

What I took away from this is that japanese summers are hot as hell.

Never go there in vacation in Summer if possible. It's really stuffy.

Spring is when to go. You could even get to see Sakuras in full bloom.

Went there last month and can confirm it's hot in balls during Spring as it is.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Bad sign if we at ch.5 already need a new character to add something fresh.

The way I see things anyways ^^

It's not like Azusa from K-On! or friggin' Poochie. It's literally just the fifth chapter, which is usually when the secondary characters start to make their appearance after the main premise is established. (In anime terms, it'd likely be the third episode).
There is another character introduced midway through volume 2, though

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

BTW, what's the relation between this manga and wotakoi ?

Look at what he's reading. The show also made a brief YuruYuri mention. I'm guessing same publisher.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

There's a few more chapters of this that haven't been added to Dynasty yet.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Not entirely sure what order it's supposed to be in. I would assume the page with Tama and Sachi would come last.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

These are the kinds of things that real bisexuals/gays would punch the shit out of you for saying.
In terms of what's translated so far, the most Nanami can be called at the moment is "bicurious". (ie. she's not yet confirmed to be attracted to girls, but might consider it, assuming what she is thinking is supposed to be taken at face value). Sex is sometimes just a way to confirm what you're into, even if the gender of the person you sleep with doesn't turn out to be the gender you're attracted to. (an example being Fragments of Love ch1)

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

But that's not what sexuality is. Sexuality is the desire for sexual (and generally by extension also romantic) intimacy with someone, not willingness to have or settle for such.

I have absolutely zero desire for men, whether it be dating or sleeping with them, however I am not fundamentally disgusted by the mere thought of being with a man if it was for reasons that mattered to me, such as if I was weak to the pressure of social norms, or concerned about appearances. Am I "bisexual" as well, I wonder?

Pretty much. The only thing that should label a person as bisexual is them saying "Hi, I'm a bisexual." The history is irrelevant as feelings and ideals can change over time as you figure your life out.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

No, leaps in logic at all. Dates boys==straight. Dates girls==lesbian. Dates boys and girls==bisexual.

That's oversimplifying things. Some bisexuals can marry someone of the same sex without ever going on a date with the opposite sex, and likewise some people can date those from the opposite sex and even have sex and/or children only to later realise that they're gay. Basically bisexuality is something you identify yourself as, not a label for the 99.9% between 100% straight and 100% gay that they can neither be if they so much at glance at more than one gender.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

As far as we know, she just dated that guy and didn't have sex with him.

Heck, even sex isn't an indicator of bisexuality, ironically enough. (I'll save the explanation for the sake of not derailing the thread).

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I, for one, welcome our new Scottish overlords.

I'd like to remind them that as a trusted yuri translator I can be helpful in rounding up typesetters to toil in their underground haggis caves.

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 7:41PM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

It'd probably make sense to follow YP's example of using "ya"s and "yers" for the time being, just to keep things clear and legible. If there's ever a point where the accent is an important plot element, such as someone pointing it out or there being a saying that noone understands, you can always use your good friend TL Note-onee-sama if need be.

Basically, it's not that it's a bad thing for an accent to be a key part of a character. It's just Scottish is the wrong way to go about it.

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 2:29PM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

For me, it's less about being able to understand than it is being able to read this seriously without reading it like the Scotsman from Samurai Jack.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

As much as it pains me to ignore a —in my opinion— defining part of Nanami's character, I might make a strawpoll later, and see which people prefer.

Best to stick to American dialects. British accents (and Irish for that matter) are minefield you don't wanna cross.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Is there any possibility on lightening up on the weird english? Perhaps its easier to read for UK English people but this was really hard to read from an American English speaker. How do you even pronounce "didnae"/"dinnae" and what's it mean?

It's a Scottish dialect that's almost indecipherable even to regular Brits. I'm guessing the original involves a Kansai dialect which you usually translate with either a Southern American accent or, as was done last chapter, with informal speech, but usually only if someone in the story draws attention to it.

Btw dinnae is "don't" and didnae is "didn't".

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Why the heck is she speaking in a Scottish accent?

Goggled Anon
Kase-san discussion 18 Jun 09:13
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I see, thanks. Now that I can compare, I like how how the OVA enhanced the scene of Kase sniffing Yamada's bed. XD That look of bliss was perfect. Wonder why they removed her tan though.

Because being tanned is associated with gyarus, Okinawans and more generally with peasants, ie low class/wild people.

That, and it probably saves a bit of work for the coloring team on the anime staff.

Goggled Anon
Kase-san discussion 17 Jun 17:12
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

How much of the series does the OVA cover? All in all, it seemed to tell a pretty complete story, or at least the first part of it…

It covers Bento, Shortcake/Lemongrass, Sandy Beach, and Sunset, leaving out some bits like Inoue-senpai for the sake of pacing.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

why just release now? XD hahaha this was release 2016?? correct me if im wrong.

Surprisingly enough, we at /u/ aren't telepaths when it comes to all yuri manga in existence (especially outside the Buyfag thread where they only speak in kanji for some reason). I basically just spotted this on Pixiv to fill the void left by Lily Maria (a day or two before the anime announcement) and it just seemed like the right time to get a scanlation going.

Goggled Anon
Kase-san discussion 17 Jun 07:37
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Can a mod fix the chaptering on the page? Volume 4 is kind of messy.

Also, is 'Plant Appointee and Kase-san' chapter 6 instead of 18? Cause files I have say chapter 6.

Yeah, numbering is a nightmare since none of the chapters prior to Yamada and Kase-san have numbers. Plant Appointee was chronologically released after ch5, but didn't get included in the tanks til volume 4. Likewise, many of the other specials that got released ages ago show up in volume 5.

Goggled Anon
Ayakashiko discussion 16 Jun 10:39
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

From Yuki's perspective it might seem romantic, but from Kuuko's perspective it can be seen as borderline creepy and stalker-ish. Nene even agreed with Kuuko about it. (And was pretty clearly trying to find a nice way to say basically the exact same thing before Kuuko spoke up.)

I think that was more about how Yuki seemed overly nostalgic about that one time she FROZE TO DEATH

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Known in the United Kingdom as Pirates! in an Adventure with Lesbians

Goggled Anon
A-Channel discussion 11 Jun 06:27
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Sweet little bonus chapter

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Is this the real title? It's sarcastic af

Well it's more "original" in the sense that it uses original characters.

last edited at Jun 10, 2018 1:10PM