Forum › Posts by Pyoro

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... even if everyone agreed that mothers absolutely needed to be home for 20 years after their children are born ... let's not forget that the character in question is NOT a mother/pregnant. She didn't give any reason whatsoever for anyone to question her commitment or that she's otherwise incapable of following a career path the company wants her to take. What other women do isn't her problem.

This is discrimination in the most plain and obvious form you'll find it - she's punished simply for her gender; same as others might be for the color of their skin or religion or whatever.

But I kinda doubt any of this will be super-relevant for the plot. Nice to see a problem beyond immediate personal relationships mentioned for once, though.

Pyoro
Killing Me! discussion 06 Jun 05:50
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mom is probably exterminating vamps for a stupid reason, given the comedic focus of the manga. Maybe because dad was secretly a good-for-nothing vamp and ran away with somebody younger once she was old enough and pregnant with her daughter?

Although that's kinda a good reason to want to kill them all. But it's the sort of thing I'd expect here.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ah, right, this has been missing from my life lately ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

But some people obviously find it rewarding in some way that I don’t quite understand.

I enjoy positive surprises and dislike disappointments, which imo explains it all. ^^

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm fine with depressed lesbians, but while it's kinda easy to ignore the occasional cliché plot for some random happy-go-lucky plot, I need more nuanced storytelling to handle more serious matters. And when tropes like "the evil ex" pop up ... lots of alarm-bells starts ringing regarding stereotypical rubbish, where every character acts like an idiot ... now, maybe this won't happen here; it's quite possible. But I'm a bit skeptical.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'll ship the meddling mother with the interfering ex. That'd be refreshingly different.

Pyoro
Killing Me! discussion 04 Jun 04:34
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

She's not hunting vampires...she's stalking a single vampire in hopes of killing or sexing her.

She very clearly saying that her mission is to hunt vampires, that she's a vampire hunter etc.

This isn't just about some sort of self-defense thing in this single case, even if she's never shown hunting any other vamp.

Pyoro
Killing Me! discussion 04 Jun 04:29
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Meh. I just don't feel this is very good; or at least not to my tastes. There just seems to mostly be a "one situation per chapter" approach with little depth or anything; but no serious conflict. I mean, she's hunting vampires ... why again? Blood sucking doesn't seem to be a big deal. And running around with a gun at school and shooting at "sick people" just makes the nurse go "be quiet"? So I guess it's just comedy, but then there's no real reason to worry about anything much anyway ...

Pyoro
1 x ½ discussion 04 Jun 04:08
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's not Rui, if you take a moment to compare the hairstyles. And considering how long Jun's had his one-sided crush on Asuka for, I doubt he's got any exes.

Well, I kinda agree, but it's not happening "now", and they've changed hairstyles through the story before.

But more likely seems somebody a little older, like, say, Jun's age. It'd just strike me as a bit odd to add an entirely unconnected character ... it might happen, of course, but given this "tight" story so far where everybody is somehow related I suspect that it'll stay that way.

And I could imagine Mystery Girl pestering Jun about dating so she can get close to her true aim. Oooor noticing that Jun wasn't actually interested in her after they started dating and therefore opening her eyes to other possibilities ... oooor Jun thought he might get over his feelings if he's just dating somebody else, and then it sorta backfired ... I'd say there's a lot of storytelling possibilities ^^;

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's sad. Japan has a growing population crisis. Yet their laws activity hinders lesbians from becoming parents. You would think that the government would do anything to encourage a growth in the birth rate.

Don't you know that gay people destroy families and if you force them into heterosexual arrangements they'll pop out children like everybody else? Learn your politics.

Pyoro
1 x ½ discussion 04 Jun 03:45
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm not sure with the art, but given that she's specifically not saying anything about when she realized her feelings towards her mom to Jun, I'd say that's either supposed to be Rui (her "It's fine as long as it's interesting" attitude might fit to having casual sex with a best friend). Or perhaps Jun's ex-(?)-girlfriend. Or maybe she's just somebody random, but ... I kinda doubt that.

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Why not? It's a fantasy in your mind; you can stop at any point or change whatever you want. Rape is a lot about a loss of control - that's just not a thing in fantasies ... otherwise it'd be a nightmare ^^;

Also, while I agree that generally those fantasies are more of the "dubious consent" type, I disagree that it always stops there. Not that I think that that's a huge problem.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I don't know about the mascot characters, but a build-in wifi router sounds useful ...

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That chapter strikes me as rather ridiculous ... I guess it was supposed to display "overwhelming passion/desire", but starting with that "stay a way!" -> slap scene ... just naaaaaw ^^;

Pyoro
Killing Me! discussion 29 May 15:36
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

"Vampire" is just a word anyway, and then often it's not even applied to pseudo-vampires. Most drink blood, but not all, and not all have to. Some get to eat food, some don't. Some are undead, some aren't. Some are immortal, some aren't. Some reproduce through sex, some only through turning somebody, sometimes it's a mix. Light hurts them usually, but not always, and moonlight occasionally makes them stronger, but not often. Some are bound to places or objects, some aren't allowed to enter without invitation, but many can just do whatever. Some essentially sleep like humans, some during the day, and some die every day for the day. Many have supernatural powers, regeneration, strange abilities and so on, but some don't. Rarely they are even more vulnerable than humans. Sometimes they are inherently evil, and religious items hurt them, often they aren't and they don't. Sometimes vampires are cursed, sometimes it's a virus, sometimes it's even some type of nanotech, sometimes it's simply unknown.

And so on and so on. Basically saying "I don't like vampires" is a bit meaningless. They are all different anyway ^^

last edited at May 29, 2018 3:36PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Why Manga has censored tender regions but it can show the insides? O.o

As I understand, Japan censorship is badly defined; basically the word is "obscene/indecent" material, but what exactly that is is left open for interpretation. So what we see is essentially self-censorship, a sort of industry standard which says "this and this should be pixelated and everything else is fine".

It's all around pretty stupid. ^^

Pyoro
Killing Me! discussion 29 May 04:51
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Hrm, very classic vampire x vampire hunter theme. We'll see.

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ooooo-ho-hokay. I don’t know which is scarier: little miss yandere, or the fact that her girlfriend is totally okay with her being like that.

Co-dependent relationships ... more fucked up than they sound.

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

This was sooo satisfying. I always wondered why the bullied didn't just find a way to break their limbs. Maybe I'm violent? But beating the shit out of those three is a small price to pay for making sure they never bully anyone ever again!

If they actually did what they did irl they'd end up in front of a court. It's stupid, and wouldn't ever work. ^^

Doesn't mean it's not satisfying in fiction.

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I mostly just lol'd. Too exaggerated for me to really take seriously, especially when the two of them go all psycho.

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ha, that was great. Love it.

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ha, so they are wondering about the same thing we did ...

But, yeah, pretty sure the author would never go for some "twist" where either one of the swap-couples gets a separate girl friend (think of all the possible plots...) or some poly-solution.

Pyoro
Sabotage discussion 25 May 06:53
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Great, now I've got the Beastie Boys song stuck in my head ...

I'm tellin' y'all, it's sabotage!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

More commonly known as "The Sensationally Magnificent Prince" ... yes, who hasn't been called that once or twice in their life?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

How about Gay For Pay?

Paid one is gay without pay, too. Does this tag still apply? This is just prostitution.

last edited at May 23, 2018 5:49AM